The Homestead on Peanut Road Reviews

8 Reviews for The Homestead on Peanut Road

• Suzy

Suzy Hughes Bowman · Married on 06/04/2019

Beautiful and Rustic Venue

I recently did the flowers and decorations for the William's wedding at the Homestead. The venue was rustic and beautiful. The owners and staff were very accommodating and super helpful as we shifted plans at the last minute with the promise of great weather for the day. Everything went smoothly and it was the perfect day. Special thanks to Jacqueline whose great attention to detail and help was appreciated more than she will ever know.

Sent on 05/01/2019

Sandra · Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding coordinator

Top notch!!! After working over 3500 weddings in the last 20 years I can honestly say this venue is a vision. If you want a country setting this is the place to go. Jacqueline is a delight. Versatile and very attentive. I
    highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Tessa · Married on 10/06/2018

Great time!

We had a great time, having the venue all weekend really helps! The shank family is very kind and always tries to please the customer. We had a fantastic time!

Sent on 10/20/2018
  • Tabatha

Tabatha Sponseller · Married on 09/29/2018

A dream come true venue!

I wish we could give this venue 10 stars! The Homestead on Peanut Road made all our wedding dreams come true. We truly could not have picked a better venue and family to work with while planning our special day. They offer the total package and more! We were able to decorate the entire day before the way we wanted and had our rehearsal dinner onsite. We loved having our wedding and reception all in the same place with breath taking views, while also being able to stay the night of the wedding with accommodations of up to 12 people from our wedding party. Doug and Pat Shenk and their daughter Jacquelin were truly a dream to work with and their farmhouse is beautiful. They answered all of our questions in a timely manner and went above and beyond in helping us prepare for the day. They set up a 20x20 tent which they provided for us to use and cleaned off chairs the morning of the wedding that were covered in dew. They also took all of our gifts into their house the night of the wedding which was one less thing for us to worry about. We also had a beautiful breakfast made and set up for us the day after the wedding which was included in our package but was such an extra bonus. They are such a great family to work with and their barn is a hidden gem. I still have family and friends raving about how nice their property was and how beautiful and secluded it was for a wedding. They are fair with their pricing and make sure to accommodate you in any way they can to make your day special. Do not pass this place up! We wish we could relive our wedding day, everyday, at The Homestead!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Amy · Married on 12/30/2011

Working with Jaqcueline was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day. We had decided within the last month to go for makeup, and she fit us in and was very accomodating. She does airbrush makeup which covered my acne in a really natural way and was just fabulously friendly and helpful.

Sent on 01/17/2012
  • User2120856 · 2+ years ago

Jackie was so great! She and another professional came to the house the day of the wedding. It was so relaxing and she is so patient. I got sooo many compliments on my hair and in particular my make-up. I also got a tons of compliments on my bridesmaids' hair!

Sent on 05/26/2012

beth · Married on 06/24/2017

The venue was extremely helpful, flexible, and friendly! It is in a beautiful location!

Sent on 06/28/2017