The Hitching Post Reviews

25 | Milwaukee, WI

25 Reviews for The Hitching Post

Cassandra · Married on 06/29/2019

The Hitching Post was fantastic to work with from the planning process to the day of our wedding. I would definitely recommend them!My bridesmaids and

The Hitching post was amazing!

Sent on 07/08/2019

The Hitching Post's reply:

Thank you so much for the review, Cassie! We had such a great time working with you and your ladies.

Best wishes to you and your husband!

Rebecca
  • Mandi

Mandi Ayala · Married on 06/22/2019

Absolutely stunning work!

Becky was the most professional and caring wedding vendor we worked with throughout our entire wedding! She really took the time to get to know me on a professional and personal level. She really made sure everything was perfect! The hair and makeup for myself and my entire bridal party was absolutely flawless. Becky and her team are incredibly talented and choosing her was one of the best wedding planning choices I made! I would recommend for anyone to go with them for their beauty needs!

Sent on 08/07/2019

Jen · Married on 06/01/2019

Love them!!

The hitching post was absolutely amazing to work with. My whole wedding party adored them. Everyone's hair and makeup looked fantastic. My makeup stayed all night. even still looked good the following morning.

Sent on 06/16/2019

The Hitching Post's reply:

Thank you for the sweet review Jen! You and your party were so fun to be around. Best wishes to you and your husband.

Rebecca & Isca

Mickenzie · Married on 10/12/2018

Amazing work!

Rebecca and Isca are such a talented team! I told them what I was looking for and they brought my vision to life.
    Throughout the whole process they were easy to communicate with and answered any questions I had. They traveled to our getting ready location organized and ready to make us all look our best!
    They worked very efficiently together and all 8 girls were ready ahead of schedule. I would highly recommend The Hitching Post to anyone looking for great team that makes you feel comfortable on your big day!

Sent on 10/26/2018

The Hitching Post's reply:

Thank you for the review, Mickenzie! It means the world to us and we hope you are doing well.

Rebecca & Isca

Destiny · Married on 05/25/2018

Hands down the BEST team of talented artists! Rebecca and Isca were so receptive to our ideas and went above and beyond our expectations. All of my bridal party & family members (7 ladies total) looked stunning! My make up was completed first and once Rebecca handed me the mirror after finishing my hair, I lost it…I finally felt like a bride and that I was getting married! These two women are so organized, professional, sweet, patient, and worth every penny! My guests could not stop saying how beautiful we all looked and demanded they know who did our hair and make up. I cannot thank these ladies enough and will continue to recommend them to anyone needing hair and make up services especially for their wedding!

Sent on 05/28/2018

The Hitching Post's reply:

Thank you so much Destiny! It was such a pleasure being a part of your morning. You, your girls, and your family were a blast to be around. Best wishes on your new journey!

Britney · Married on 05/12/2018

The Hitching Post was amazing to work with from the day I booked my trial! I never had a single worry! They always responded to my 100 messages. At my trial, I knew there would not be anyone that could compared! These girls were so much fun and are soo talented! They nailed my look first attempt at the trial! I felt so blessed to have them there on my wedding day. They kept everyone laughing and feeling beautiful! All of my girls and the moms loved their hair and make-up and I felt I had the perfect look for my wedding day!! Oh and if your thinking anout having lash extensions, do it! I had so many compliments!

Sent on 06/01/2018

Laura · Married on 10/21/2017

We had 7 in the wedding party and everyone's hair and makeup turned out lovely. Thank you ladies for making my special day even better.

Sent on 10/23/2017
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 10/14/2017

These ladies made my dreams come true for my wedding day!!! They did such an amazing job and were soo fun!!

Sent on 10/16/2017
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 09/03/2017

Flexible, professional, modern looks

From the trial to the wedding day, my worries were addressed and I felt confident my needs would be met! I’m very picky, so I was happy I was able to get a modern style and look I wanted!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Kim · Married on 08/26/2017

I am SO glad the Hitching Post did hair and makeup for my wedding. Isca and Becky are absolutely amazing with what they do. They were easy to reach and had quick responses from beginning to end. My makeup was stunning and my hair was beautiful. I couldn't have asked for a better team. Everyone in my wedding party was extremely happy with their hair and makeup and thats what I wanted. I wanted to make sure all my girls looked beautiful and felt extra special on my wedding day. Even more, Isca and Becky are so personable. They make you wish they were your forever friends because they are so fun, accommodating, laid back and open. Thank you guys again for all your work on August 26 at the Ponderosa!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Carmyn · Married on 06/24/2017

I did not use The Hitching Posts services for my wedding day, however Rebecca has done my hair for the past two years and is nothing short of amazing. The conviniance and comfort of her being able to meet you and be in your space is simply the best. I'm a professional musician and as such I am up in front of a new audience every week, and my hair is second to my voice as far as how I'm recognised! I would never go to or trust anyone else with my hair!

Annie · Married on 06/24/2017

Isca is not only an amazing make up artist but she is seriously the sweetest! She will put you at ease and you will absolutely love the way you look. Thank you Isca for helping to make me feel beautiful on my wedding day!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Erica · Married on 05/28/2017

Best vendor I booked!!! You won't regret hiring Rebecca and crew- she did a great job with hair and makeup and kept us on schedule. We received so many compliments on our hair and makeup- even had a doctor comment on my glowing skin!

Sent on 06/04/2017

Breana · Married on 12/31/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Isca! My wedding make up was absolute perfection- a total dream! Isca went above and beyond to make my day perfect and was willing to travel from Milwaukee to Madison the morning of my wedding. She is fantastic to work with and I will recommend her everyone :)

Sent on 01/15/2017

Valerie · Married on 12/17/2016

After searching and searching hair and makeup services for months.... I finally found Isca and Rebecca through The Hitching Post and so glad I did!!
    They were so sweet and very accommodating considering it snowed probably 3-6 inches on our day and they drove all the way down to Delavan!!
    Definitely recommend!

Ayrica · Married on 10/08/2016

Rebecca is AMAZING!!!!!! She came to my home for a trial of my hair for my wedding and I was blown away with her work and overall wonderful personality! The day of my wedding she did a total of 8 hairstyles and each woman looked STUNNING!!!! I would recommend Rebecca at The Hitching Post to all of my friends and to YOU!
    Brides: LOOK NO FURTHER! Book Rebecca for your special day and you willl not be let down! I wish I could post some pictures!

The Hitching Post's reply:

Thank you! You're words are so kind. I am thankful to have met you and still stay connected.

Bridget · Married on 10/01/2016

Isca is the ABSOLUTE best! I picked Isca after seeing what an amazing job she did for a few other friend's weddings. Also, when I posted on FB asking for advice on who to choose for makeup - everyoneeee was recommending Isca! Not only does she do an incredible job on makeup, but she is so kind/patient/easy going - which is EXACTLY what you need on your wedding day! I highly recommend her to anyone for any beauty services. I wish I could post a before makeup/after makeup photo because the woman works wonders!

Sent on 01/12/2017

Alison · Married on 09/24/2016

Amazing! Beautiful Job 09.10.16

Sent on 01/15/2017

Erika · Married on 07/02/2016

I'm a makeup artist and Isca didn't myvwedding makeup. She is amazing!!!

Tialee · Married on 05/20/2016

As a wedding photographer I photograph weddings almost every weekend and The Hitching Post is hands down the best hair and makeup I have seen. I am super ocd when it comes to hair and makeup on my bride as the most important thing that day is that my bride feels beautiful.
    Every single time I have worked with these girls I am just wowed by how absolutely perfect the hair and makeup turns out! They have the same crazy eye that I do where every little detail matters and you will not regret choosing them to get you ready on the most important day of your life:)

Sent on 05/17/2017

Kristin · Married on 10/09/2015

Rebecca did my hair and Isca did my make up for my wedding, and I can honestly say I've never felt more beautiful than on my wedding day! These two ladies are not only extremely talented, but also are wonderful people who are a joy to be around. Both listened very well to what I was looking for with my style and executed perfectly. They also did hair and make up for those in my bridal party who wanted theirs done, and all the girls looked great and were pleased with the results. Rebecca and Isca were able to come to our home to provide services; they were right on time, professional, and so much fun! I would highly recommend them both. -Kristin S

The Hitching Post's reply:

Thank you! We had such a great time with you ladies as well. You certainly make our jobs fun and easy!

Katie · Married on 05/23/2015

Isca and her team were one of the best parts about my wedding day. I have never felt more confident, beautiful, or amazing as I did that day. She is truly an artist, on top of that she is such a great person. I had so much fun with her and she made me feel relaxed. It is always stressful getting ready, and it ended up being just perfect. I have used her for numerous events since as well as many of my friends have used the hitching post for their weddings. Couldn't recommend them more!!

Sent on 01/12/2017

Corin · Getting married on 10/02/2020

I'm so glad I went with THP

Our hair and makeup looked amazing for my wedding. My hair looked exactly how I wanted it to and the makeup lasted all night. Some of my guests told me they cried when they saw how beautiful I looked. We had so much fun during the trial and getting ready too!

Sent on 10/14/2019

The Hitching Post's reply:

Thank you, Corin! We absolutely loved being a part of your morning. You all were so much fun to be around. Best wishes!

Alexa Riopelle · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing Service!!! Would Recommend

Rebecca was amazing to work with. She did hair for 8 people very quickly and everyone was obsessed with the finished product! So many of my bridesmaids commented that this was the first time that they showed and inspiration photo and the result actually turned out how they imagined! My hair lasted all night long, and we even changed what Rebecca did from my original trial and I loved it even more! She truly made me feel like my best self! Rebecca was also very professional and had great energy all morning long. I would definitely recommend working with THP for your hair and makeup needs!!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Katie · Married on 05/27/2017

2.5

The final product was AMAZING!! Isca made us all look stunning, but I did have an issue with communication. She responded very quickly when I emailed her, but I felt a little like a baby sitter. The first time I contacted THP, I got someone else who said that they would get back to me within 24 hours, and they didn't, so I had to contact them a second time. That was when I got Isca. She told me to send a $50 check with the contract as a down payment, but the contract said they needed $100 down payment. Then, I had to contact her to make sure that she got the paperwork/check, again to see if we needed anything else after she had a chance to look at it, and a third time (4 days before the wedding) to make sure that we were successful in reserving the date and that she would actually be there. She did try to contact me once during the process, but ended up replying to herself. There were several near-heart attack moments in the communication, but we were all SO happy with her skills, kindness and the outcome! I highly recommend this company, but you need to be willing to be on top of the communication.

Sent on 05/29/2017