The Higher Sound Reviews

8 | Denver, CO

8 Reviews for The Higher Sound

Derek was professional, punctual, flexible, professional, charges very fair rates, plays great music and was wonderful to have in the mix for our entire weeding weekend. You will not find a better DJ so stop looking!

Sent on 02/11/2016

Dean · Married on 10/11/2014

Derek was super easy to work with and provided us exactly what we wanted for our evening of fun! He even met with me prior to the wedding just so we could make our aquaintance.

Sent on 12/20/2014

Jennifer · Married on 10/04/2014

I have to start by saying that Derek from The Higher Sound was amazing!!!!

We decided to have our wedding ceremony at the Sunrise Amphitheater on Flagstaff in Boulder, CO and our reception at the Grand Assembly, which is a building located at Chautauqua. Derek single-handedly did it all to perfection!

Without us having to ask, he procured a generator for the ceremony (as there is no electricity there) and he set up the equipment in the perfect spot that worked amazingly with the acoustics of the amphitheater. And on another note, my then fiance and I had NO CLUE what to do for music, how long the music should be to walk down the steps there and pretty much told him the day before that he was the professional and we would give him creative license as to what the music should be. He did a FABULOUS job.

Not to mention then, after the ceremony he had to high-tail it back to Chautauqua for the reception. Again, we had really no clue what we did/did not want to hear, we were a small group (just under 50 people) and I was not really sure who or how many people would dance, etc...he got us ALL up and dancing!!!! We ranged in age from 4 yrs to 80 yrs and his choices of music were perfect.

I would recommend Derek to anyone and I would tell you to just sit back & let him run the show - he will not disappoint!!!!

Sent on 10/10/2014

We used Derek from The Higher Sound to DJ our wedding and he did a great job. He worked with us and accommodated for our particular situation. He was professional and courteous and our friends thought his music was amazing. They commented that he just kept playing one awesome song after another. We weren't able to give him many suggestions in terms of what we wanted (because we didn't know) and he just took it and ran with it.

Sent on 08/27/2014

The Higher Sound's reply:

Thanks so much Lorena! It was a pleasure working with you guys.

Lauryl · Married on 07/14/2014

Derek was great about us booking him somewhat late, and provided a great soundtrack for the party part of our wedding. He played what I requested and my guests complimented him as well.

Sent on 01/02/2015

Craig · Married on 05/24/2014

Having Derek as our DJ was a highlight of our wedding. He deftly handled our music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. The dancing at our reception was an absolute blast, in large part due to Derek's seamless flow from song to song. We had many requested songs and he did a great job working them in with his own selections for a fantastic track list. One comment that many of our guests made was how much they enjoyed the music and dancing. I highly recommend Derek. He has great musical taste, is very professional, and will deliver a great DJ performance for a memorable event.

Sent on 01/30/2016

Amazing DJ. Completely did what my wife and I asked. We were able to give him a list of our favorite bands and songs and a list of what not to play and he absolutely killed it. Not a danceless soul in the room for the entire night!

Sent on 12/12/2014

Marc · Married on 05/31/2014

What can I say? DJ Russo and The Higher Sound delivered an *excellent* experience and I cannot recommend him enough!!

He was able to meet with us a couple of weeks before our wedding to get an understanding of what would make our wedding the perfect event. He was very responsive when we communicated with him, arrived on-time, and very professional.

We received some great feedback from our guests about the music and even had some ask us for his contact info for their own parties and weddings.

I do not think you will regret hiring The Higher Sound to provide entertainment for your wedding!

Sent on 10/12/2014