The Hair and Makeup Gypsy Reviews

The Hair and Makeup Gypsy 6
The Hair and Makeup Gypsy 7

Jeni Bond · Getting married on 10/21/2075

Saved me!!

I love Alli, she’s my go-to for any of my on air needs. Plus she made my daughters HOCO the best!

Sent on 10/21/2018
    The Hair and Makeup Gypsy 8

Julia Ohlrogge · Married on 08/24/2019

Great job. Would recommend this service to anyone

Such an awesome experience. I felt and looked like a princess.

Sent on 09/11/2019
    The Hair and Makeup Gypsy 9
    The Hair and Makeup Gypsy 10
    The Hair and Makeup Gypsy 11
    The Hair and Makeup Gypsy 12
    The Hair and Makeup Gypsy 13

The Hair and Makeup Gypsy's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day! It was great working on you and your sister. Can not wait to see more pictures! :)

Esha · Married on 06/15/2019

Great Hair and Makeup Team

Allie and Yanna did a great job. I don't wear a lot of makeup and Allie made sure to make me feel comfortable with my look and nothing was too over the top but still glamorous. I definitely looked life myself (but better!)--no caked on makeup. She came to my house for the trial and was flexible about traveling. Very punctual (for some very early call times), responds to text messages and emails quickly, and is a pleasure to be around. Allie is professional but also a lot of fun and calm under pressure. Was receptive to feedback from the trial and worked with my bridal party of different ages and ethnicities and everyone looked beautiful. She even gave us a little lip balm and compact mirror as a small gift. I hired her after another trial did not go well and am glad I made the decision I did. Don't hesitate to hire her!

Sent on 07/18/2019

The Hair and Makeup Gypsy's reply:

Thank you Esha for your lovely feedback. It was such a pleasure to be involved in your beautiful Indian wedding weekend! We can not wait to see more pics!

D'ana Montanez · Married on 04/20/2019

Allie and Alex were top notch

I just got my pictures back from my wedding from last month, and my bridesmaids looked amazing! I couldn’t be more pleased with my hair and makeup as well. We had a beach wedding and it was super windy and our hair held up. Allie did an amazing job. I thought the price was very fair and gratuity was included, which is convenient when several girls are involved. Allie and Alex were personable and great to hang out with while getting ready! I had a great experience.

Sent on 05/07/2019
  • Alisha Smiles

Alisha · Married on 04/06/2019

Excellent trial

I had an excellent hair trial, in my own home, and for a reasonable price. Allie is super nice and got the style I was looking for in less than 1.5 hours. So happy to have found her for my wedding!

Sent on 02/19/2019
    The Hair and Makeup Gypsy 14
    The Hair and Makeup Gypsy 15
  • Janet

Janet Hasting · Married on 02/16/2019

What a transformation

Ally made me look like a movie star for my sons wedding, I had so many compliments. She was so personable and pleasant I will use her service again, when I want to look extra special!!!

Sent on 05/07/2019
    The Hair and Makeup Gypsy 16
    The Hair and Makeup Gypsy 17

Chelsea · Married on 12/29/2018

Very talented!

Allie and Yanna were amazing! As a hairstylist myself, I was hesitant trusting anyone, and they did not disappoint! Both super talented and made the morning getting ready fun! Allie was great with communicating with me before the wedding day, and they were both very professional. I’d definitely recommend them! Thanks again :)

Sent on 12/31/2018

Ashley Micciche · Married on 11/09/2018

Wonderful experience! :)

Hiring The Hair and Makeup Gypsy for my wedding was by far one of the best decisions I made! Allie and Yanna made me feel like the most beautiful bride. They were both not only extremely professional and attentive both prior to as well as on the actual wedding day, but they both went above and beyond to make sure I was 110% happy with the final product both at the trial as well as on the big day. They were fun to be around while my bridesmaids and I were getting ready, and Allie even stayed later than planned to make sure she was able to put my veil on and do any touch ups for me after I put my dress on. Not only did I love the way my hair/makeup turned out, but I received so many compliments from friends and family complimenting myself and my bridesmaids and I attribute that all to Allie and Yanna.

Sent on 12/16/2018
  • Nicole

Nicole Simone · Married on 10/23/2018

Best decision I made for my wedding.

Best decision I made for my wedding. She did a wonderful job! Everyone kept telling me how stunning I looked all night long! I am beyond grateful to have had her there on such a special day.

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Y

Yvonne Dunlea · Married on 10/21/2018

She is amazing. Very professional and listens to what you feel comfortable with and then does her magic.

I would recommend her to anyone young and old. She has a way of making you feel very comfortable and surpasses your expectations.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Tulika · Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding hair and makeup

I had a great experience from start to finish with this company! I loved my look and Yanna was so easy to work with! She kept me calm on my wedding day as any good makeup artist would. I had no previous experience with hair extensions but she made the process super easy and even recommended a brand for me to use. Allie communicated with me efficiently and promptly, it was easy to receive and send back contracts and payments. 5/5 stars!!!

Sent on 12/12/2018
    The Hair and Makeup Gypsy 18
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 09/29/2018

Excellent Stylist!

Allie was amazing she listened to my vision and gave me great suggestions to make me look phenomenal on my wedding day!! Her and her team were very professional. All my girls loved both thiee hair and make up. She is worth it!!!

Sent on 10/18/2018
  • Cindy

Cindy Matthews · Married on 09/11/2018

Amazing Make-up Lesson!

Allie showed me how to do my own make-up for TV appearances. It was an amazing 2-hours! She took me through each step of the process, demonstrating on one side of my face and having me do the other side. She also took a good look at everything I already had in my makeup kit and used as much of my own makeup and tools as possible. She even found new ways to use some of my brushes so I didn’t have to buy any new ones. I use the notes from our session together every time I put on my makeup for a broadcast! It was best time and money I could have every spent. And did I mention it was fun? Allie is a sweetheart and an absolute pleasure to work with.

Sent on 11/03/2018

Rebekah · Married on 09/04/2018

I interfaced with Alex, but Casey was my artist. Both were excellent to deal with. While Alex handled logistics Casey was very flexible in in timing changes. I didn't do any type of trial prior to me finding the both of them. Just saw their work online and decided to give it a shot. I love love loved the outcome of both hair and makeup. Casey was both understanding of my overall vision but also was extremely helpful in areas we needed to improvise. She was on time and done exactly when we were scheduled to be. I would recommend their services 100%.

Sent on 09/05/2018
    The Hair and Makeup Gypsy 19

The Hair and Makeup Gypsy's reply:

Thank you Rebekah for allowing us to be a part of your special day. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with our talented Casey.

Stephanie · Married on 05/17/2018

So AMAZING. She really made my wedding day perfect. My hair came out so beautiful.

Sent on 06/04/2018
    The Hair and Makeup Gypsy 20

The Hair and Makeup Gypsy's reply:

Thank you Stephanie for allowing me to get creative with your wedding look. Hope your daughter liked her princess bun as well. :) Wishing you and your husband many happy years together!

Lynn Smith · Married on 05/12/2018

Allie is amazing!

Allie and her team are amazing! She did my wedding a few months ago and I couldn’t be happier. She communicated with me the whole time before the wedding and showed up day of and exceeded my expectations. She did exactly what I wanted from the photo I showed her. She is the best!!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Sara · Married on 05/05/2018

I reached out last minute, literally two weeks before the wedding. Allie responded within a few hours letting me know she was available! Thank goodness she was. She did my mom’s make up and mine. We had a very intimate setting in a hotel room with just my mom and I and our hair stylist. Allie did a beautiful job on us both and she was so easy to talk to. Getting ready was so fun and she made us feel so pampered and lovely. Five stars across the board!

Sent on 05/15/2018

The Hair and Makeup Gypsy's reply:

Thank you Sara for allowing me to be a part of your most special day. I had such a great time with you and your super stylish mom. Hoping the rain didn't interrupt your festivities. Can't wait to see some pictures!

Vidhi · Married on 04/28/2018

Allie was my hair and makeup artist during my wedding weekend, and she was absolutely AMAZING!

In the months nearing my wedding, Allie was very professional and was timely in communication. She personally drove to our home on various occasions for hair and makeup trials as well as to lay out the details of the weekend. She answered all of our questions and was very prompt in her responses.

During my wedding weekend, Allie exceeded my expectations on all fronts. She was a team player and was able to work with our crazy schedule. She handled multiple outfit changes during our Indian events that required different hair and makeup in a short span of time. She is extremely organized with her spread of makeup and hair tools. Hands down probably the best part of Allie is that she was ALWAYS present and had a beautiful smile on her face no matter what we put her through. As a bride, I can’t stress how grateful I was to have her by my side because she is SO reliable and nice. Moreover, her makeup was beautiful. She did my makeup in a way that was natural, yet glam and definitely not overdone. I rarely needed touch-ups, but if I did Allie was there and ready to go! I received so many compliments on my hair and makeup, she truly did an incredible job.

Allie was extremely professional, super talented, and such a joy to work with during my time with her. As a bride, its so important to pick a hair and makeup artist that is easy to work with and will make you feel beautiful. I would strongly recommend Allie if you are looking for someone for a special occasion.

I can’t thank you enough Allie but every time I look at my wedding weekend photos I will always remember your beautiful work! THANK YOU :)

Sent on 07/06/2018
    The Hair and Makeup Gypsy 21
    The Hair and Makeup Gypsy 22
    The Hair and Makeup Gypsy 23

The Hair and Makeup Gypsy's reply:

Thank you Vidhi for such an amazing wedding weekend. It’s always a great experience to be a part of an Indian wedding. Your wedding is one in my career that I’ll never forget. I wish you the best in your marriage. Thank you Vidhi for such an amazing wedding weekend. It’s always a great experience to be a part of an Indian wedding. Your wedding is one in my career that I’ll never forget. Thank you again for having me help be a part of your special day in North Carolina with your whole family and friends. You truly made me feel welcome with your hospitality.

Samantha · Married on 04/14/2018

Allie did all the makeup and hair for me and my 6 bridesmaids for my wedding and did AMAZING. She had an assistant come in to split it up, and everyone looked gorgeous. She was professional, made sure everyone liked their look and got everyone done on time. My makeup and hair, which Allie did, looked stunning. I would absolutely recommend her if you’re considering for your big day! Thanks again Allie!
    -Samantha Putterman

Sent on 04/23/2018

Candace · Married on 03/24/2018

My big day with Allie went so smooth. Not only was she professional, but super hygienic and friendly. I was not stressed what so ever. She put me at such ease in a normally tense moment.My makeup was flawless and hair was perfection. She nailed it! EVEN after I switched it up on her last minute. She was early and had great products. She shared her knowledge with me when I asked about makeup tips. Not only did I feel my most beautiful, she was all done up herself! My mom and sister also got their hair and makeup done , they were so pleased! The pictures will depict how beautiful we truly felt! Thanks Allie! 5 stars!! I would highly recommend her for any wedding or special occasion.

Sent on 03/28/2018
    The Hair and Makeup Gypsy 24
    The Hair and Makeup Gypsy 25

Stephanie · Married on 12/01/2017

She was amazing!!!! Felt like a celebrity!!! Thank you for making this stay at home mom feel soooo glamorous!!!

Sent on 12/05/2017

The Hair and Makeup Gypsy's reply:

Thanks Stephanie for allowing us to be a part of your special event! I hope you and the hubs had fun at the party!

Alicia · Married on 11/18/2017

Allie was truly a dream. She was quick to reply and super communicative while trying to organize the hair and makeup for my sister in law's wedding. She made my new sister look and FEEL like a complete goddess. One of the first things my sister said about Allie was "I loved her confidence, it made me feel confident too" I though that spoke volumes about Allie and the service she provides. She made Tina and her bridesmaids look on the outside, how they felt on the inside. We even overbooked Allie on accident for an extra person and she was super accommodating and refunded me what I had over paid.

Thanks Allie for everything!!

Sent on 11/22/2017

The Hair and Makeup Gypsy's reply:

Thank you Alicia for your kind words! Tina was absolutely a doll, along with the rest of her bridal party! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of her special day! I wish your family many happy years of happiness and bliss!

Meredith · Married on 10/28/2017

Allie did an outstanding job on all of my girls she was so fun to work with each girl looked amazing, It was my first time wearing airbrush make up and I have to say it lasted all night perfectly I was very surprised! she even brought little chapsticks and Mirrors for each girl as a thank you, I was very impressed at everything she did!

Sent on 11/06/2017

The Hair and Makeup Gypsy's reply:

Thank you Meredith for allowing us to be a part of your special day! It was a pleasure working with all of you beautiful ladies! Hope you enjoyed your honey moon cruise!

Lori · Married on 10/15/2017

If you want to find a person who listens,cares, can truly understand your needs, shows up on time,has your back no matter what, who is knowledge, and does AMAZING work please look no further. If I could give Alex more stars I would. She is amazing and strongly recommend!!!

Sent on 10/18/2017

The Hair and Makeup Gypsy's reply:

Lori it was a pleasure to be a part of your special day! You and your ladies were such a delight to work with. After talking back and forth with you for so many months, I can't believe our time has come. I really feel like we got to bond. I wish you and your husband the best of luck and many years to come.

Jordan · Married on 05/20/2017

Hair and Makeup Gypsy is definitely a fantastic make up artist! She made me and my bridesmaids look like goddesses on my wedding day. She, also, did my hair and it was exactly what I wanted! She is flexible I sent multiple start times as our schedule changed throughout the wedding process. I would hire Hair and Makeup Gypsy again and recommend her to all of my friends. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 06/20/2017