Rockwood Carriage House Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Darlene S. Married on 01/01/2022

The best venue and staff!

I simply cannot thank Patti, Margaret and Michelle enough for everything they did to make the day perfect. Margaret is beyond efficient on the administrative end and Michelle is an absolute rock star of a planner and event host. She has the perfect balance of presence vs. behind the scenes and will keep your guests comfortable and informed, while also keeping you and your bridal party well attended and free of stress. As someone with a planner personality myself, I was completely at ease handing her the controls.

Both the planning and event went seamlessly and the staff manning the event couldn't be nicer. The venue itself is gorgeous and was perfect with my love of history and rustic atmosphere. You simply cannot go wrong with choosing Greenery and the Carriage House for your wedding!
  • Barbara
    Barbara G. Married on 12/18/2021

Barbara Gadbois

This venue is lovely. Greenery Caterers did a wonderful job and their coordinator, Michelle is excellent! Michelle is friendly, very responsive and a true professional. You will love working with Michelle as much as I did! Highly recommend!
  • Dana
    Dana Married on 12/10/2021

A Dream Come True

Where to start!?! Our wedding day was a dream come true! Our vision came to life all because of those at the Carriage House! As soon as we walked through the Carriage House we instantly fell in love. The rustic charm was exactly what we invisioned. The Christmas decor was breathtaking. All the lights in the trees outside made it feel like a true winter wedding!

Michelle was amazing to work with! She made everything so easy. She kept the night running smoothly and we cannot thank her enough. Everyone that met her couldn't stop saying how amazing she was and how great the night was all because of her! Michelle checked on us constantly, making sure everything was perfect!

Patti made the entire process easy. Our wedding was postponed and Patti helped to make that time less stressful! Thank you for that! All our guests raved about the food and the atmosphere; saying it was one of the best weddings they have been too!

We are forever grateful to all those at the Carriage House!
  • Nicole
    Nicole J. Married on 08/15/2021

Flawless, absolutely perfect

We planned our wedding and expected things to go wrong, but that really didn’t happen and it’s because of the staff at The Greenery Caterers. Our day-of coordinator Michelle was an absolute delight and we knew when we met her that she would not let anything go wrong. She was like the Olivia Pope (“Scandal”) of weddings; she handled everything and it was perfect. We had nothing to worry about. The food was amazing too! We are so happy with our choice and we highly recommend The Carriage House, Greenery Caterers and Michelle Quirk. We had the best day of our lives.
  • Carly
    Carly H. Married on 08/07/2021

The best day ever!

Our experience with The Carriage House was amazing! We were originally scheduled for 8/8/2020, but postponed due to Covid-19; the staff was incredibly flexible and helpful in the process of brainstorming safe ceremony/reception ideas for 2020 and ultimately postponing to 8/7/2021. Michelle and her team were absolute rockstars the day of our wedding and made everything come together beautifully without any stress on our end! Highly recommend this venue!
    Devyn M. Married on 08/06/2021

We love the Carriage House!

The Carriage House and Greenery Caterers were so great to work with--they were so accommodating when we had to reschedule our reception due to covid and everything was absolutely wonderful day-of. They are very flexible and professional and we are so glad we chose to have our reception here!
  • Alexis
    Alexis B. Married on 08/01/2021

The Perfect place!

We absolutely loved the carriage house! Everything from the rustic decor, the beautiful garden and greenery, the personal yet roomy bridal suite, down to the small details of the cocktail hour food - everything was perfect. We had a perfect day. Michelle & Patti were also our go to gals. They were BEYOND helpful and responsive! 10/10 place to have your wedding!
  • Reigner
    Catherine S. Married on 11/07/2020

Great day!

Nothing has been easy wedding planning in 2020 but Craig, Patti, and Michele made it less stressful and they were so flexible and accommodating. While we decided not to have our big celebration, we did have a mini wedding with 20 people and Greenery made it such a special day. Michele was there the day of to keep things on schedule and take care of all of the little details, Patti was great to work with ahead of time, and the food from Craig and his team was delicious. We can’t thank Greenery enough and can’t wait for the full reception in 2021!
    Annie Married on 07/08/2020

Great experience

I cannot say enough how wonderfully my wedding at Rockwood Carriage House turned out. I had been to Rockwood before for various events and already knew how beautiful the venue was. I approached them requesting a fully vegan wedding, a first for them, and they were completely willing to work with me, with fantastic results. (I had guests who didn't even realize that the reception was entirely vegan, because they were so impressed with the food.) Greenery was also willing to work with our band, even though they traditionally have DJs. On the day of Michelle did an absolutely wonderful job and I didn't have to worry about anything, I could just enjoy a wonderful reception. After all the craziness and logistics of planning a wedding, I cannot tell you how grateful I am to Greenery Caterers for making the day seamless and fun.
  • Justine
    Justine O. Married on 10/26/2019

Incredible Venue, Food, and Team!

This is a fantastic team! We were initially planning our wedding from out of state and were nervous about picking a venue/caterer. After meeting with Patti and her team we knew we would be in good hands. There are many reasons to book here, but here are some of the highlights: 1) The venue is stunning! There are so many beautiful places for guests and the bridal party to take pictures. It feels very unique, historic, and cozy inside. We had guests from all over the country and who commented on how much they loved the venue! It really helped us show off my home-state of Delaware in the best way! 2) The food was SO good. I think food at wedding is usually so-so but our guests could not stop commenting on how good everything was! 3) This team knows what they are doing. Patti, Margaret, and Michelle are all very professional and extremely detail-oriented. They helped us bring our vision to life. They also have a lot of great contacts and helped us find many of our other vendors, our hotel, and our transportation company. They helped us accommodate our guests with accessibility concerns, and helped us address the last minute problems that arose. Michelle also did a great job of keeping the flow of the night going and attending to me and the bridal party. We could not have planned our wedding from Chicago without the help of this team.
    Cathy Married on 06/22/2019

Phenomenal service, food, and scenery.

We had an absolutely amazing experience with our wedding at the Carriage House and The Greenery Catering Company from the moment we first met to view the Carriage House to saying good night to the last guest. The Greenery Catering Company was very accommodating to all of my family members who have food allergies. I can’t say enough to how delicious the food was and the amount of complaints we got from our family and friends. Also, Michelle, the catering manager, who was present at our reception was so attentive to not only myself, as the bride, and husband, but to all my guest! She made sure all of the guest with allergies were aware of the foods they could eat and had their meals, was visiting all the tables, and was on top of anything you could think of. All the staff were great and so friendly. Oh, and of course I can’t forget the beautiful scenery and gardens which made for wonderful backdrop for the wedding.
  • Megan
    Megan J. Married on 05/19/2019

Beautiful venue, delicious food, perfect all around

Carriage House was the first venue we toured, and we knew we found the winner right away. We loved everything about the space, from the intimate ceremony room on the top floor, to the beautiful grounds/gardens, to the dance floor/reception area. We could easily see our guests enjoying all the spaces the venue had to offer. Craig and Patti were so thorough at breaking down everything that was included, and all of our menu options...we were having a brunch wedding, and the food tasting was such a fun part of what was included (the food was also all amazing). On our wedding day, Michelle was so kind and calm, and took care of everything behind the scenes...everything looked so effortless. We simply had the best day, and everything flowed so well.
    Alissa Married on 05/04/2019

Best decision we made in the wedding planning process

Choosing the Greenery Caterers and Rockwood Carriage House was the best decision we made in the wedding planning process. Our wedding day was perfect because of their hard work, experience, and professionalism. They were so helpful in the planning process, and answered all of our questions with patience and guidance. The day of went off without a hitch. The outdoor ceremony and reception were beautiful, and we received many compliments from our guests on the venue. The food was delicious, and they went out of their way to accommodate our wishes for a fun and casual wedding. Michelle was phenomenal and is so talented. We cannot thank Michelle and the rest of the Rockwood team enough for making our wedding day so special!
  • The
    The C. Married on 04/20/2019

Amazingly Accommodating and Caring

The Greenery Catering staff at the Carriage House at Rockwood Park were nothing short of amazing on my wedding day! They made me feel like royalty and accommodated not only my requests but also anticipated the needs of my guests! Michelle, our wedding coordinator, was the real MVP of the event! My guest can not stop talking about the delicious food, vegetable/fruit carvings, and the ambiance that the venue provides. I can not rave about this venue enough! Thank you for making our day special and memorable.
    Savannah F. Married on 02/23/2019

The perfect wedding,at the perfect venue

The Carriage House was a perfect Venue for our wedding. The staff was amazing especially Michelle. Michelle not only was on top of everything she made myself and my family feel comfortable and helped out more than expected. She assisted in making sure not only my day was special but that it went smoothly and was everything I dreamed of. The venue has a special touch and is unique. The Staff, food and atmosphere was everything we hoped for. I recommend this venue to anyone that is looking for a good time, beautiful set up and staff that truly do care. We cant thank you enough - Savannah & Paul
  • Shannen
    Shannen Married on 01/12/2019

Highly recommend this venue!!

Our wedding was everything we could have dreamed of!! The staff was so accommodating and flexible. I was a little worried when not hearing from them really consistently, until about 4-6 weeks before, but once I did they really focused on making our wedding everything we wanted. From day one Craig was the sweetest and truly sold us on what they offered! Patti was wonderful when it came to narrowing down our food selections and Margaret was easily available via email for all of my questions! Michelle Quirk was an absolute angel about 3 weeks prior, up until the day of. On the wedding day she made sure my husband and I were taken care of all night and that everyone was where they needed to be. She also made sure all guests were comfortable and things ran smoothly. On top of all the wonderful staff the venue is an absolute vision and stunning all around. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS VENUE.
  • Julia
    Julia Married on 10/26/2018

Perfection

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Michelle and the team at Greenery Caterers. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and everything I ever dreamed of. My husband and I are so happy we had our wedding here. Our guests keep telling us what a wonderful experience they had and how nice and accommodating the staff were. They were able to accommodate our vegetarian and gluten free guests without issue. I highly recommend The Greenery Caterers! Thank you for everything you did to make our dreams come true!
    Kate Married on 10/13/2018

Best wedding day ever!

Thanks to the Greenery Caterers, we had an AMAZING wedding 10/13/18. We cannot say enough about the beautiful venue and fabulous staff! My husband and I had a great time at our wedding...and our guests are still raving about the venue, the food, and the friendliness and hospitality of the wait staff and bartenders. The Greenery Caterers are true professionals, and made the wedding planning process so easy for me. Margaret and Michelle were very quick to answer all my questions all along the way. Darlene was super helpful the day we dropped off liquor and decorations. The day of the event Michelle was the personification of "grace under pressure". She ran the day flawlessly and took care of us at every moment. We couldn't have asked for a better day...the staff at Greenery Caterers made it so special for us. We don't have one picture where we are not smiling ear to ear!

Rockwood Carriage House's reply:

Thank you, Kate, for the wonderful 5-star review. It was a pleasure being part of your special day and wish you the best of everything..
  • User1223803 2+ years ago
    Rockwood Park Carriage House was the PERFECT venue for our late May wedding and mostly due to the wonderful staff at Greenery Caterers! We had such a great experience from beginning to end. Many of our guests told us it was the best wedding they had ever been too (and I can't agree more!). The gardens are stunning and were in full bloom that day! Our photographer had a field day with all of the beautiful landscapes. The Carriage House perfectly fit our guests in the main room. We used the enclosed porch for our cocktail hour/bar/photobooth which offered a very nice flow. Patti, Craig, and Michelle were so kind and helpful throughout the entire planning process. I cannot say enough good things about Michelle Quirk, she was an absolute Godsend! She saved the day more than once! When bouquets went missing, she already had a call out to our florist. She was behind the scenes and on top of every detail, which allowed us to just enjoy the moment. The bar and waitstaff were all very professional and kind, our guests had great things to say about them, as well as the food! We hands down give this venue and company 5 stars! Thank you Greenery for providing us with a beautiful and memorable wedding!
    Marisa Married on 07/15/2018
    After having several work events at the Carriage House and working with the Greenery Catering Staff, I knew the place my daughter would love to have her wedding at when she got engaged. She knew right away as we drove up the lane this was the place as she wasn't sure whether she wanted an indoor or outdoor wedding and she had the option to do either in July, however, in the end she did end up going with a church wedding and reception to follow at the Carriage House on a hot Sunday, July afternoon. IT could of not been more perfect for guests to walk the gardens during the cocktail hour and take picutres. We can't say enough about the entire experience from the food tasting, to emails along the way. Margaret and Michelle were our best friends by the end of this journey and we felt like they were part of the family. Michelle was there in a time of crisis and for that we thank her. All the staff were polite, and our guests are still raving about the cutouts in the melons that Craig does on the appetizer table and all the food. We brought in our own 16 different table arrangements and Michelle and staff set them up.....plus my husband's old bike as a kid for a photo op that truly had everyone talking. The locations was easy on and off 95 as many of our guests drove back to New Jersey and Maryland that night. You can take anyplace and make it look good, but it is the people and food that can make or break an event and Greenery Catering is there to see that you make it and for that we thank them.

Rockwood Carriage House's reply:

Thank you , Marisa, for the great review. We certainly enjoyed working with you on this wonderful wedding reception.
    Nicole Married on 05/18/2018
    I cannot say enough good things about the Rockwood Park Carriage House & Greenery Caterers staff. Michelle the event coordinator made our day so easy. She assisted my elderly grandfather with getting food and making him comfortable. Michelle brought my fiancé and I food and drinks all night long. Everyone was comfortable and had such a fun time. The staff was courteous and helpful. There was nothing but smiling faces all around. I wish I could get married again just to relive this amazing experience! I love Rockwood! Worth every penny :)
    Stephanie Married on 05/05/2018
    Greenery Caterers and Rockwood Park were amazing for our May 2018 wedding. Michelle is the best wedding planner we could have asked for, and she thinks of everything. Every concern we had was answered quickly and every special request addressed. We didn't have to worry about a single aspect of planning/executing on the day of the wedding, and we were able to truly enjoy ourselves during the reception. Michelle left no stone unturned, and made sure that we had the time of our lives. The entire staff was prompt and courteous. The venue was amazing- even on a day with rain and clouds, the garden was beautiful and our pictures are fantastic. If we tried to plan our wedding all over again, we wouldn't change a thing!
    Shawna Married on 04/20/2018
    Wow! I can't even begin to describe how great my experience was at Rockwood! Michelle was amazing! From beginning to end she was there to help answered every question and made everything run smoothly! Not to mention the place is gorgeous every inch of it! I wish I could do it all over again it was so beautiful!
    Jessica Married on 10/21/2017
    Our experience was absolutely perfect. The food is unbelievable. Each of our guests got steak and a crab cake and everything was cooked to perfection. The staff was professional and Michelle went above and beyond to make sure our day ran smoothly. She made sure we ate and was personally serving us and our parents drinks. We can’t speak highly enough of the Greenery Caterers and the Carraige house!
    Giovanna Married on 10/08/2017
    The Carriage House at Rockwood Park is a hidden gem! I grew up in the area but had never been to the Carriage House before. Some of our guests, who are lifelong residents in the area, even mentioned to us they had no idea the venue was even there! The atmosphere and look of the venue was exactly what my husband and I were looking for! We were planning our wedding from out of state and Patti’s team was wonderful. We spoke to Margaret over the phone and through email as often as we needed and had Michelle with us on the day. We had planned our ceremony to be outdoors on the lawn facing the mansion however Mother Nature had other plans. Patti and her team were great and moved everything to the room upstairs. Everything came together beautifully! Greenery Caterers knocked the food out of the park! My husband ate everything on his plate and he is the pickiest eater I know! They did a phenomenal job, especially with the special request plates for a few of our guests with allergies. I would highly recommend the Carriage House and Greenery Caterers!