The Grecian Center Reviews

The Grecian Center 3
  • Jillian

Jillian · Getting married on 02/22/2020

Accomadating

My fiance's brother had their wedding here and I was considering them. The people that they have working in the front office are so friendly. They are very accommodating and throwing many additionals. If you happen to have someone that you know that had a wedding there they will throw in extras. You got a lot of bang for your buck there. Just very friendly and made you feel good.

Sent on 01/16/2019

Hannah · Married on 06/15/2019

Fantastic wedding reception!

They were kind and very helpful through every step of the way! Amazing service and a magical night for us!

Sent on 07/10/2019
    The Grecian Center 4

stacie · Married on 06/06/2014

The Grecian Center is absolutely amazing in their outdoor area. The ceremony site is covered by a wooden pavilion, but is open on 3 sides so you still feel like your outdoor but you still have protection from the sun/rain. They have a coordinator that works with you and sets everything up too. It was roughly $28/person for 3 entree buffet and open bar.They did an excellent job. The food was amazing, the room was beautiful. Everyone you work with there was very nice and helpful. They also through in a complimentary pizza bar at the end. They set up the room for you too which is very helpful.

Sent on 06/11/2014

Ashleigh · Married on 10/04/2013

The Grecian Center did a wonderful job for my husband and I wedding. It was amazing, the food was great and we loved every second of it. The grounds are also beautiful. The garden is the perfect background for pictures!

Sent on 06/11/2015

Kristen · Married on 05/27/2012

They were great to work with. The food was amazing! The ladies at the hall set up everything! I didn't have to worry about a thing. Once I had everything at the hall I knew everything would work out! So many complements from my guests, I wouldn't want it at any other place!

Sent on 06/05/2012
  • W

Bryan · Married on 11/05/2011

A++++ Highly recommended.

From the beautiful rooms to choose from, the superb staff, and the amazing food. The Grecian Center went above and beyond to make our reception "the" event of the year. Our friends and family are still talking about our wedding. Elaine and her staff are truly there to make your day as special as can be.

Sent on 02/07/2012

s · Married on 12/06/2007

a wonderful experience all around.

Sent on 10/22/2008

We had a wonderful time here for our reception in the Apollo room. We booked early, over a year in advance, and there were already other days filled. We booked on a Friday and got a discount, which was $3 off per person for food and drink. The price was comparable to other less classy places, so definitely worth it. They were quick to respond when I called. The only bad part of the responsiveness was that I never got an email with pictures of a candy buffet as I asked. I don't know if this was because they somehow got my email wrong, or what. It was OK, though, because I decided to get my own vases to set it up rather than rent theirs. Since I wasn't having a company do my candy buffet and they didn't have anything else going on Thursday, they let me come in on Thursday and set it all up. All of the other things (candles on the tables, favors, etc) they set up for me; it was great! When first setting up what we were going to do, we were going to pay 50 cents a person to upgrade just the whiskey to Southern Comfort. When I ordered it on the day of the wedding, they brought me what they had and told me the package we had didn't come with Southern Comfort. I explained I thought we had talked about it. The manager was very kind and went to look. Apparently we forgot to actually upgrade when we paid. However, they generously opened a bottle for me, which I really appreciated. Overall, I really enjoyed this hall. They were helpful and thorough. The only nit-picky problems I had were these: the candles in the bathrooms were not lit. One of the bathroom stalls got rather dirty and I heard about it from a couple people, so I assume it was like that for a while before someone cleaned it up. But if those were my only problems, I consider it a success! I would highly recommend the Grecian Center.

Sent on 06/11/2014

Camillya · Married on 05/25/2013

The staff at the Grecian Center was wonderful to work with and very professional. I would recommend this venue to other brides.

Sent on 08/19/2013

We couldn't have been happier. The food was delicious, the room was beautiful and Eileen and her staff were so professional and attentive. They did everything that they said they would. We had a lot of decorations and they did everything for us.

Sent on 09/16/2015
  • Y

Yolanda · Married on 09/26/2014

3.0

The Grecian Center is the down river's best kept secret!! They were absolutely the best with helping me make my day perfect. Ilene was so helpful at helping me make my final selections. The Hostess we had (Gi Gi) on our night was so helpful and made sure everything stayed on task and also made sure my decor was the way I wanted it. Guest also stated how good the food was I highly recommend them. They offer linens but not a wide selection, they will not let you use another vendor, I had another type of linen in mind but it still turned out to be beautiful.

Sent on 10/15/2014

JayAnn · Married on 07/01/2011

We had our ceremony & reception here. The gardens and grounds are gorgeous!! the pavilion, park, fountain, gazebo, etc in the park area made for the most beautiful pictures & Kim, our coordinator, was beyond helpful. She made sure everyone stayed hydrated (it was almost 90 degrees), she ensured that everything ran smoothly, she made me feel like I had nothing to worry about (and I didn't she took care of everything). The grounds are in a class of thier own & the reception hall was intimate & gorgeous. The food was exceptional, I had no complaints.

Sent on 07/26/2011

Amy · Married on 09/20/2008

3.0

Loved this place. We had our ceremony in the gardens out back and our reception in the Apollo Room. No complaints from us or our guests. The only thing is the manager isn't the best at returning calls or emails. The only thing we couldn't get them to budge on was the cake because we wanted it served for desert. This meant we had to cut it as soon as we walked in, but our guests loved it because they were all sitting around and could see. Plus this meant our guests actually ate the cake because it was served to them instead of put on a table for them to grab later in the night.

Sent on 02/03/2009

Amy · Married on 09/02/2012

3.5

Price was good. Food was delicious. All the instructions that I left with Eileen were followed to the dot.

Sent on 10/29/2012
  • F

Felicia · Married on 05/19/2018

3.6
      3.5

Everything is really good for the price. I confirmed a few times about my cake being set out instead of passed out because I had 5 different flavors but it was still passed out. Other than that the food and everything else was great.

Sent on 07/22/2018
    The Grecian Center 5
    The Grecian Center 6

The Grecian Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your business! We were truly honored to host your wedding here at the Grecian Center.

I apologize again for the cake confusion. Some of our servers got a little too excited and passed out the cake instead of placing it on the cake table. But, they have been since educated so this will not happen in the future.

We're happy everything else turned out great and we wish you all of the best!!
    Congratulations again!

3.6
      3.0

Would have been a perfect day had it not been for the day of ceremony planner-Barbara. Our wedding was a Friday, and we had our ceremony in the garden with the reception immediately to follow inside. Barbara kept getting our wedding confused with the others that weekend. Repeatedly asking the same questions--all of which I'd answered several times at the rehearsal. She didn't let my wedding party know to come out before the music began (making us all run out from the concession stand to the covered area). The microphones weren't set up properly-- so our officiant had to shout and no one could hear our two readings. She also left me in the main building, after taking all my bridesmaids to the garden. I had to walk the parking lot in my dress.

The facility is amazing. All of the planning (up until my rehearsal when I met Barb) was seamless. Eileen is fantastic! The food was wonderful and the reception staff was great too! You can't beat the price and I would recommend the Grecian Center, but with the warning not to have Barb in charge of anything. She completely dropped the ball.

Sent on 09/22/2015

Crystal · Married on 09/04/2010

3.2
      2.5
      3.5

We had our ceremony in the garden in the back and our reception in the Apollo Room. The ceremony was beautiful. The manager did take some time to return calls, but was very accommodating when we had to switch rooms because our guest count was lower than we thought.
    It was unorganized, though. When we showed up early for pictures, we were rushed into the same bathroom my guests would use for me to get my dress on. So when we left some things in there to go take pictures, no one moved it to a more secure location or even told us about it. Also, we were told we would have 30 minutes to say good-bye to our guest after our room time ended, but that time was spent rushing around to gather centerpieces and clean up presents. Each bridesmaid ended up with different things and we are still missing some things about a month later.

Sent on 10/08/2010

Angelina · Married on 07/12/2008

0.5
      3.0

The manager was very unprofessional she was unthoughtful to my wishes and that I didn't want to cut my cake as soon as we walked in the reception... But she didn't care... It was her way or they would not serve tke cake to my guests because her staff wouldn't have time to cut and plate it... So I complied with her wishes and cut the cake then it sat there until Dinner was COMPLETELY over with.. so to me that was no time issue it was a power issue.
    The hall was a great price but she was very rude I wouldn't tell anyone to go there!

Sent on 10/28/2008