The Grand Pavilion at The Sandbar Reviews

154 | Anna Maria, FL

154 Reviews for The Grand Pavilion at The Sandbar

Melissa · Married on 02/16/2014

If you are looking to have a beach wedding the Sandbar is absolutely perfect. The venue is beautiful and the staff is awesome. Many of my guests said that the Sandbar had the best wedding food they had ever had and I have to agree with them. Patti was extremely helpful with all of the planning and I would recommend anyone to use this venue for their wedding.

Sent on 05/28/2014

The Sandbar goes above and beyond to make every detail of the wedding perfect! They are extremely easy to work with and will ensure all of your wedding day needs are met. We were so appreciative of the professionalism and willingness to make sure our day ran smoothly from Patti and her entire crew. We were able to bring all of our items for set up and the staff was so helpful in making sure the set-up was exactly how we wanted. We had no stress on the wedding day thanks to the Sandbar staff! The food was delicious, the servers great, and the dinner went perfect, on time and with plenty of food for all of our guests. The ceremony was beautiful with white sand and gorgeous beach front views. We wouldn't have changed a thing! Our guests are still telling us how much they loved the beach wedding and reception at the Sandbar!

Sent on 02/16/2014

Justin · Married on 10/10/2013

Patti and her team did an excellent job of working with our ceremony and photography provider. She assisted in every need of theirs, as well as every question or concern we had. Patti is a true professional, and when it came to our wedding day she made sure everything was perfectly set-up and that the food and drinks were perfect. Every one of our guests loved the food, their staff who served it and the well-made drinks. Everything on our wedding day could not have been more perfect, and with Patti's help, nothing went astray and we had the perfect day.

Sent on 01/11/2014

Denise · Married on 10/06/2013

We had our Wedding at the Beach on Anna Maria Island Florida in front of The Sandbar. The reception was at the Sandbar. Patti McKee and her Staff are the best!!!!!

Denise & Christian Jaehrling

Sent on 10/11/2013

Caroline · Married on 09/28/2013

We just had our wedding at The Sandbar and it was more beautiful than I could ever imagine. Patti is phenomenal to work with - we sent her over 150 emails and she not once made us feel overbearing (even though we might have been haha). The scenery is beautiful, and dinner under the open air gazebo was so romantic. Sandbar staff was delightful, upbeat and so professional. Our guests raved about the food and the variety of entrees. I highly recommend The Sandbar to ANY bride, especially those on a budget. Have your dream beach wedding here!

Sent on 09/30/2013
  • User2620468 · 2+ years ago

I cannot say enough good things about this place and the staff! We had the pleasure of working with Patti McKee as our coordinator there and she is amazing! She is so helpful and prompt with her e-mails, especially helpful since we live in GA. The Sandbar is an absolutely beautiful place to get married. Even though the beach is public, everyone is extremelly respectful of your space and I never felt like anyone was even there. They did a wonderful job setting up our bamboo arch with the design we chose and decortaing the pavilion, the cake table, card table, and buffet line. The food was AMAZING!!! You have so many options depending on your budget for both food and bar. It was very affordable. Patti made sure everything went perfect and in a timely manner from beginng to end! Our experience there was incredible, I would get married there again in a heartbeat! I would absolutly recommend The Sandbar to anyone looking to have a beach wedding, you won't be disappointed! THANK YOU Sandbar staff!!!!!

Sent on 05/02/2013

Amanda · Married on 04/04/2013

My Husband and I just got married at the Sandbar (4/4/2013). Patti, our wedding coordinator did a wonderful job with planning and making us feel relaxed. The food and bar services were amazing as well. Our wedding day started out with a lot of rain, thunder and very strong winds...but the Sandbar crew made our day one to remember! By the time we went to say our vows the sun was shining and the weather turned out to be gorgeous! Very impressed with the overall set up and decor of the reception. The Sandbar did an amazing job and we couldn't of asked for a better venue.

Sent on 04/09/2013
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 03/21/2013

Patti & the WHOLE Sandbar TEAM!
    A huge thank you is in order! We adored our wedding! The flow was orgainized, it sounded, looked, and tasted perfect, and we couldn't imagine it being any different. So many guests said "best wedding ever!" We can't wait to see it all again in Dara Caudill's pictures, and the video Stephen's dad shot. All of our vendors were superb! I will never forget you and how much joy you helped bring to our special day! Keep up the hard work, friendliness, and professionalism! The Sandbar truly makes wedding dreams a reality! Now I'm sad it's over! :-) God bless all of you! Thanks again!

Amanda & Stephen

Sent on 04/04/2013

KRISTEN · Married on 03/16/2013

I would recommend the Sandbar to anyone that is looking to have a top quality wedding on a budget! Patti and staff went above and beyond to make our day extra special. Everything exceeded my expectations and the price is right! If you want bare bones minimum you can do that, if you want to upgrade any detail of your wedding they can help make that happen too! Whatever you want, they've got it!

Sent on 03/23/2013

Katie · Married on 12/08/2012

The Sandbar is not only a wonderful restaurant, but they're also an amazing wedding venue! My husband and I looked at many venues before making our final decision but it was clear from the beginning that The Sandbar would be the best choice! Their food is outstanding and Patti, the wedding coordinator, made everything so simple for us. She was highly organized and made the process of planning our wedding manageable...as all brides know, the process can be rather overwhelming at times! No matter what we needed (kids meal options, custom decoration, assistance with setting up, food tasting, etc) The Sandbar provided everything we needed to make our wedding a success!

Believe me when I say you won't regret using The Sandbar for your wedding venue...you'll be pleased to know that you're in good hands with Patti and her team of experts and I'm confident that they will go above and beyond for you!

Thanks again Patti and The Sandbar for such a wonderful wedding!
    Katie and Dean

Sent on 01/01/2013
  • User3020669 · 2+ years ago

If you're looking for a beautiful beach wedding, The Sandbar is your venue! We went to the Sandbar for dinner one night (with no wedding date even picked out yet) and by the time we finished our dinner we had picked a date and emailed the Sandbar for their availability the next day!
    Patti, the event coordinator, is AMAZING. She was helpful, knowledgeable, and made the experience fun for us. Most of our guests were from out-of-town and Patti gave us all the info we needed to get them all taken care of for the weekend. She worked with us to incorporate some of our own decorations and ideas and the way she made everything come together was absolutely perfect. Patti is always on top of responding to emails promptly and the 'day of' she is there overseeing everything to make sure it goes smoothly.
    We were beyond satisfied with our wedding at the Sandbar and all of our guests continue to tell us how beautiful the whole day was. The venue is gorgeous, the food is delicious, and the service staff are polite and top notch. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 01/27/2013

Amber · Married on 11/28/2012

Patti and all of the staff at the Sandbar were absolutely AMAZING! I enjoyed every meeting with Patti! She was always very accommodating. I could not be more impressed with how everything turned out! Everything was beautiful and setup exactly how I wanted. My florist messed up the centerpieces and Patti immediately fixed it for me! Everyone of our guests said that the food was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Our wedding and reception were absolutely perfect thanks to the Sandbar! If you want a beautiful wedding and reception where you get to see all of your wedding day dreams come true this is the place for you!!

Sent on 12/17/2012

Aubrey · Married on 11/11/2012

Patti is AWESOME!!! I had a very vague idea of what I wanted for my Ceremony and reception. I told her what my colors were, made a few suggestions, and was speechless when I walked in on the day of the wedding. Everything was so gorgeous!!! The price was so reasonable, as I was trying to stay in a strict budget. I stayed in budget, and it was more than I even dreamed. I rented everything from Sandbar instead of using an outside rental company because it was about 1/3 the price. Again, couldn't be happier with anything. My wedding was perfect.

Sent on 11/14/2012

Kiki · Married on 11/10/2012

Patti is fabulous at the Sandbar! She really knows how to take your ideas and put her finishing touches on them. The food is amazing and you even get the leftovers at the end of the day! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful beach wedding. The sand and sunset are amazing too!

Sent on 11/29/2012

Aimee · Married on 11/08/2012

Talk to Patti if you want to have the most special wedding day ever! She took away my nerves and put me at complete ease. The Sandbar's Venue is the most beautiful on the Gulf Coast! Talk about gorgeous photo ops! The ability to one-stop shop is a major plus! Patti will help you plan the Ceremony and Reception while the Restaurant takes care of all the food. The service staff made my Husband and I as well as our families and friends feel like absolute royalty!! Please don't hesitate to contact the Sandbar for your next wedding or event... simply the best!

Sent on 11/18/2012

Laureen · Married on 10/11/2012

Patti is a great wedding coordinator I did mines through email coming from Scotland and met her a couple of days before the wedding. Couldn't have been any nicer. Everything was exactly how we had planned. Our dinner was delicious!!!

Sent on 11/13/2012

Trisha · Married on 07/29/2012

The Sandbar Restaurant was excellent! Our wedding guests could not say enough about the beautiful set up, delicious food and wonderful service. Patti was there for us every step of the way during the planning. The Sandbar made our wedding dream a reality! Thank you!!!!
    John and Trish

Sent on 08/17/2012

Krista · Married on 06/18/2012

I found The Sandbar through a Google search and made contact with them through email. I was also checking out some other venues, but my selection of The Sandbar was the best choice, by far, for our wedding! Patti, the event planner, has coordinating weddings down to a science. She is a gem! The beach is beautiful. Our pictures (even the snapshots from our guests) were gorgeous. The staff that worked our reception were so caring. I just couldn't thank them enough. The food was absolutely wonderful. Our guests were raving about how good everything was. We had such a great time at The Sandbar that we went back there for lunch the day after our wedding. In fact, we're already talking about going back there for our first anniversary. What can we say? We LOVE The Sandbar (and Patti)!

Sent on 07/26/2012

Growing up on Anna Maria, I knew this would be the perfect venue. Patti is absolutely incredible and has thought of everything to make her brides' days wonderful.

Sent on 07/06/2012

Ashley · Married on 05/21/2012

Future Brides,
    If you ever plan on having a destination wedding, the Sand Bar Restaurant is the place to do it at!! It not only has the view, the best food, but also the best people to work with!! They made my wedding a magical memorable moment!! They made my dream wedding come true.. The staff were amazing, they helped us with everything that they could and always got back to me in a quick and timely manner..I would have never have planned my wedding any other way. I was completely thrilled and impressed with all of their services that they offered!!! Excellent wedding venue!!!

Sent on 06/06/2012

I just wanted top take a minute and say thank you fro everything. You did a great job for our wedding, all of our guest remarked at what wonderful setup it was and how beautiful it all turned out. Jay and I really appreciate your hard work and time. I would definitely recommend you guys to anyone that asked.

Thank you again for making our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 07/26/2012
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 04/21/2012

My husband and I knew the week after we got engaged we wanted a destination wedding on AMI at the Sandbar Restaurant. We had been visiting the island for the past 6 years and every time we arrive to vacation, it is our first stop for a margarita and sunset. Of course a bride who dreams of a beach wedding, spends everyday for months envisioning the sun, warm weather and soft waves crashing on the beach. Patti will always hold a special place in our hearts because mother nature threw us for one heck of a loop in April on our wedding day and she worked with our wedding planner Anna Pohl to transform our day into something I never imagined. To take a step back, from the moment we met Patti she was incredible! She made us laugh, was genuinely vested in our interests for the big day, professional, reliable, responded to emails with big or small concerns immediately, I could go on forever! Our wedding day after months of beautiful weather happened to be blessed with 40 mph winds, rain, and very uncertain weather. Just days prior and days after were gorgeous of course. Patti reached out to my husband the evening before our wedding day and offered to let the show go on with the conditions or switch venues across the street to The Studio at Gulf and Pine. We had 110 guests from out of town and he knew we had to make a move. I was told the morning of by my MOH I would have to walk into a venue I never saw-you can imagine the unrest I had but I was so excited for the day I was like let's do it! From the second I walked in it was magical! I could NOT believe they had transferred all of our decorations, plants, food...it was stunningly beautiful. She not only saved our wedding day she gave us a dream wedding we never knew we wanted! The guests couldn't believe the story, the venue, the FOOOD, how it all came together! The day you sign a contract with Patti you can be assured your day will be perfect. The Sandbar staff and services were unbelievable! Thank you so much :)

Sent on 09/30/2012

Lindsey · Married on 03/31/2012

Just fantastic! I couldn't have asked for more. Pattie was also very good at helping keep my very dramatic mom in line but in a nice way. The food was great.

Sent on 12/03/2012

Susan · Married on 03/24/2012

While the Sandbar is not an unusual choice for weddings on Anna Maria, we chose them because they were located on a beach that the groom had spent his youth visiting while growing up in Manatee County. We knew they had a great reputation, but having attended other larger events at their outdoor pavilion, were a little concerned that our ceremony, only 23 people total, would be a small fish for an establishment that was accustomed to coordinating much larger events. We thought it wouldn't hurt to ask and when we called, learned that they already had a wedding on the books for the weekend we had selected last spring. Patti McKee, the coordinator, had a wonderful suggestion, however and guided us to enquire at the Studio at Gulf & Pine which was a gallery located only a few blocks away. We could hold our small reception there and have the ceremony close by on the beach. The Sandbar would still provide the set up for the ceremony and reception as well as the catering. It was a perfect solution as, being New Englanders, we wanted to be sure there was a back up alternative for the ceremony location in case of bad weather. Patti and her crew were very professional and, along with Julie and Tommy Fagen at the Studio at Gulf & Pine, helped us arrange a setting that was pretty and special without being too stiff or formal. The food was delicious and met the tastes of all of our guests, including several vegetarians. They also coordinated well with the other vendors and our day went off without a hitch. We felt special and well taken care of and are pleased to have had their help with celebrating this special day.

Sent on 01/01/2013

Mandy · Married on 12/30/2011

Our wedding was absolutely perfect, in large part due to the venue and staff. Everyone was very hepful and friendly prior to, during and after the wedding. They really wanted to be sure your special day was just that, special. The food was delicious with generous serving sizes and plenty to go around. Our guests included chefs and food critics and all were impressed at the quality of food. The staff was very thoughtful and courteous. They were always one step ahead of us and helped make the day as stress free as possible. We would highly recommend this staff and venue to anyone looking for a beach wedding at a great value. You can't beat it!

*small items to mention-- it is a public beach, so there will be people around watching your wedding and potentially getting in the way of photos if your photographer doesn't ask them to move.

Sent on 01/17/2012