The Grand Meridian Reviews

36 Reviews for The Grand Meridian

The Grand Meridian 1
The Grand Meridian 2
  • User5424162 ·

I would recommend The Grand Meridian to anyone and everyone!! They are very flexible and helpful when it comes to wedding planning. My sister went there to plan her wedding and Sue was very helpful with everything and she is very honest when it comes to decorating and ideas...others ideas are always helpful. The food on top of that was out of this world amazing. Chef Joe Worden is by far the best there is. Very helpful when it comes to food and how to put things together. The tasting went amazing and he is very open to ideas, which is always a plus. :) like I said I would recommend The Grand Meridian to everyone.i hope your wedding will be there. :)

Sent on 09/10/2015
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 07/20/2019

Wedding venue

Sue was the best to work with! Our wedding had a bad storm and we had no power but her and her team did everything possible to help us have the best wedding!

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 06/29/2019

Great venue, greater communication!

HIGHLY recommend the Grand Meridian for your wedding. I had my wedding here in June 2019, and I am so glad we had it at Grand Meridian!
    The event coordinator, Sue Lamers, was so awesome to work with. She always got back to me on my questions within a few days, but usually within a few hours. As I was planning my wedding, I found this type of communication to be rare among vendors. It made my life so much easier! Sue also didn't wait for me to reach out, she would check in with me when things came up.
    My wedding was on Saturday, and there was no event Friday, so we were able to get in during the day Friday to set up and decorate. All the tables were set up for dining and in the entryway, so all we had to do was decorate.
    Grand Meridian also has tons of glassware, mirrors, and other decorations that you can use for free (rather than renting), and this saved us a lot of money and was also super convenient.
    I have nothing bad to say about this venue at all. Very highly recommend!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Barb Bocik · Married on 06/01/2019

Mother of the bride

My daughter’s wedding was a huge success at the Grand Meridian. She was professional, knowledgeable and made sure that everything went better than expected. The hall was absolutely beautiful, the food terrific and the staff and bar tenders were so attentive. My daughter remarked so often how she felt just over the moon at her wedding. Thank you to Sue and staff for an extremely memorable day! Oh yes, the Old Fashioned fountain is a must! So many compliments on everything. We would highly recommend the Grand Meridian for your wedding venue.

Sent on 06/06/2019
    The Grand Meridian 3
    The Grand Meridian 4

Mckenna Brust · Married on 06/01/2019

Best wedding venue in the area!

I cannot say enough good things about this place! My husband and I booked our wedding at The Grand Meridian in 2017 and just had our wedding last weekend. The whole process went flawlessly and the day was better than I could have ever imagined. From my first phone call with Sue to the end of our wedding night, she treated us like family. She always told us that she wanted to treat her brides as her own daughter and give them the wedding of their dreams and she stuck to her word. My mom and I were extremely worried about getting our centerpieces done on time and over to the venue. Sue gave us the vases ahead of time to let us create them at home and bring them over the week before the wedding. It took so much stress off of us!

In regard to the wedding day, we had no surprises at all. We walked into the beautifully decorated venue to family and friends having a wonderful time enjoying the food and drinks. The bartenders were attentive and energetic. When dinner came out, everyone had food within minutes and it was absolutely delicious. Our guests kept commenting as to how it was the best wedding food they have ever had. When we got the bill, everything came out as expected and there were no questions about anything.

I would highly recommend The Grand Meridian to anyone looking for a wedding venue or event venue. They are extremely professional, kind, and organized. Thank you to all of The Grand Meridian staff and especially, Sue for giving us the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 06/20/2019

The Grand Meridian's reply:

Oh sweet McKenna..what kind words. I absolutely loved working with you. I am so glad we gave you the wedding of your visions.
    Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness, Sue

Erin Branton · Married on 10/12/2018

Beyond great!!

Everything about this place was great!! So much space and plus Sue the manager/owner is the BEST from the smallest worry to the biggest she was always there. She helped beyond what was expected and made the night perfect. The service was great. Can’t recommend enough! Food is fabulous!!

Sent on 10/16/2018

The Grand Meridian's reply:

Erin, You are too kind! It was an absolute pleasure to work with you and I couldn't be happier for the two of you! Wishing you a happy life! Sue

Makenzie · Married on 08/11/2018

Sue was AMAZING to work with! She was like having a wedding planner without having one. She was honest with us and made sure we had everything ready. The food was amazing and the service all night long was great! We got so many compliments on the food and the venue. I didn't have to do too much decorating because the space is already so beautiful! It was great that we had our own parking lot and were the only ones there. I would highly recommend the Grand Meridian for a wedding, it was perfect!

Sent on 09/03/2018

The Grand Meridian's reply:

Awww..you are too sweet! Thank you for choosing us and letting me be a small part of your wonderful day! Wishing you a happy life! Sue

Shelby · Married on 11/11/2017

***** Everything at the Grand Meridian was so wonderful!!! Sue took care of everything thing we could think of, and everything we couldn't think of. She knew it all and did a fantastic job. There was an event the day before our wedding so her and her staff set up our entire wedding for us. From the first conversation about booking the date to our follow up conversation after the wedding everything went so smooth. We heard so many compliments from our guests that they loved the venue and the food was amazing!!! I am not able to eat gluten so the chef made me my own extra meal on top of what we discussed. It was so thoughtful of him! There was nothing we had to worry about on our day!!

Love, love, love the entire staff at the Grand Meridian. I would recommend the venue to everyone!

Shelby and Eric

Sent on 11/15/2017

Liz · Married on 07/15/2017

Sue from the Grand Meridian is SO helpful and easy to work with! She made sure everything went the way we wanted it. I would book this venue again in a hearbeat! The food is AMAZING as well!

Sent on 07/29/2017

The Grand Meridian's reply:

Thanks Liz! It was wonderful working with you and Chris. Happy life to you both!
  • Pamela

Pamela · Married on 06/11/2017

Sue and the whole staff were absolutely amazing! From the day we chose to go with the Grand Meridian Sue was incredibly helpful. She went above and beyond to make sure that our big day went off without a hitch. She responds extremely quickly and is so accommodating. She allowed us to use her inventory of vases free of charge which really helped save money and time. We booked for a Sunday wedding and the incentives to do an 'off' day wedding are wonderful! The day of the wedding I had realized I never changed the dinner serving time back from 6 to 5 as we had changed our timeline. I called Sue that morning and she was able to make it happen and did it with a smile and understanding and I love that about her. The servers were quick with getting the food out to the tables and helped guests get refills while they ate. The food has been a big rave about our wedding. The chef at the Grand is amazing at what he does. Guest favorites were the Beef Tips, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and the Broasted Chicken! On to the bartenders... awesome! They were quick with the amount of guests we had and served every drink with a smile. They were very kind and a pleasure to work with.
    Overall, the Grand Meridian was simply amazing. That place is absolutely breathtaking for weddings or any catered event! If we had to do it all over again, we wouldn't change a thing. To Sue and the staff.... we love you guys. Thank you SO much for making our day go off without a hitch and making our guests comfortable. You are simply the best and we will be recommending you to everyone we know! Thank you!

Sent on 03/02/2017

The Grand Meridian's reply:

Oh sweet Pam, You are the first one to ever review us before the wedding even took place! Thank you for the stellar review. I sooo enjoy working with you! Your wedding will be wonderful and I am so honored to be part of it! Sue

Lynn · Married on 12/30/2016

Working with Sue was awesome. I cannot say enough good things. We had some hiccups in our wedding plans and the Grand Meridian was able to accommodate without batting an eye. Our wedding went off perfect. Our guests loved the food. If I were to do it again I would not change a thing.

Sent on 01/08/2017

Carly · Married on 11/12/2016

Sue was amazing through out all the planning and day of! She helped relieve so much stress and was so helpful! The Grand Meridian was beautiful and I couldn't imagine having my wedding anywhere else.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Leanne · Married on 10/01/2016

The Grand Meridian Is a beautiful ballroom and was perfect for our wedding of 140 people. We only needed half of the venue which was the South ballroom. From the beginning of booking Sue the Hall Coordinator was so helpful and quick with responses. I could email her about some small little detail and she would respond within hours! As a bride it was so calming knowing we had someone in charge who was so organized and knew exactly what was going in at all moments throughout our process. On the wedding day the meal was fantastic, and the way our dinner was presented was extremely elegant. The servers and bartenders gave great service and made sure we always had what we needed. Sue provided a one of a kind personal experience that made our wedding day extra special and night we will never forget!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Donna · Married on 08/06/2016

Sue at Grand Meridian is a jewel to work with and was instrumental part in executing a beautiful wedding event. Many guests provided unsolicited compliments on the Grand Meridian venue for so many reasons. The food, the hall layout, the bar/bartenders, the decorations/table settings, the patio option, and the lobby area were all examples of what drew us to the Grand Meridian and what our guests were impressed with. The broasted chicken was so good! It was hot and moist, and there was plenty at all the tables (not just the head tables). Service was excellent. The "old-fashion fountain" is a must have - it was a HUGE hit with our guests!

The Grand Meridian is a well-managed, beautiful venue for any event, but was elegant and a great layout for a wedding venue.

Sent on 08/17/2016

Sara · Married on 04/30/2016

The staff at Grand Meridian was wonderful. Sue was great to work with. She was quick to respond to any questions or concerns we had. Her and her staff made our wedding beautiful. We had so many people compliment the venue, and told us it was the best wedding they have ever been to. We liked being able to go in and play with the centerpieces beforehand, so we got an idea of what we wanted to do. The bartenders and wait staff asked us several times throughout the night if we were enjoying ourselves. Our response each time was "Yes". We were able to add our own special touches to make our wedding unique to us.

Sent on 05/09/2016

My daughter and son in law had their wedding reception here and I have been meaning to write a review for some time now. We are still getting comments of how wonderful the Grand Meridian was including the bartenders, atmosphere and food. My daughter was impressed with how helpful, flexible and personable Sue was. I recommend this venue 100%. Thank you for a great experience.

Sent on 05/09/2016

Erica · Married on 08/22/2015

The Grand Meridian did a great job for our wedding on August 22, 2015! The food, wait staff and bartenders were excellent! We received so many compliments on how great the food was and how good of a job the wait staff did. The bartenders were great and people never had to wait long for a drink. The venue was beautiful and people were "wowed" at how great everything looked when they walked in. We cannot say enough about how wonderful Sue (their event planner) was to work with! She made us feel so at ease knowing that she would take care of anything we wanted or needed. She was so easy to work with and we knew we were in good hands with her. She was willing to do whatever to help us and she was so great with getting back to us right away on any questions we had. Sue really became like family to us and we will miss working with her! She deserves way more than 5 stars and having her as the event planner is enough of a reason to go with The Grand Meridian for any event! Thank you to everyone at The Grand Meridian that made our wedding so beautiful and enjoyable!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Sue was so wondeful to work with and made every aspect of planning our reception a breeze. She is incredibly personable and was quick to answer any questions we had. Thank you for making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 08/07/2015
  • User3196787 · 2+ years ago

This venue provided me with the least amount of stress over any other vendor of mine. Sue, the coordinator, was always available for questions and always reassuring us that everything would turn out. The food was amazing, and the wait staff promptly served our guest 400+. No one went hungry! I can not say how many thanks I have for the Grand Meridian and how stressless they made our wedding day.

Sent on 07/13/2015

Hayley · Married on 06/13/2015

The Grand Meridian went above and beyond to make our day special. They always returned phone calls, answered questions extremely quickly and were on hand to help us every step of the way. We had special meal requests and they worked to make it happen, made their refrigerators available for our flowers, let us into the building 2 days early to set up. They were WONDERFUL. Sue & staff truly care about each couple they work with and that means a lot.

Sent on 07/06/2015

Lindsay · Married on 06/06/2015

Our wedding was absolutely perfect at the Grand Meridian! Sue Lamers and the Grand Meridian staff were so helpful, flexible and patient. I would recommend this venue to anyone! We had an absolute great experience!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Sue was fantastic! Super helpful and answered any question that we had wedding related. The venue was beautiful, staff was professional, food was amazing, and was a great price!

Sent on 06/07/2015

Andrea · Married on 05/23/2015

I had the pleasure of working with the Grand Meridian for my wedding in May of this year. Sue, Ken and the staff were wonderful. Sue is very easy to work with. She doesn't want brides to stress and she is wonderful at keeping the stress level minimal.
    We had family style service for our meal. We received many complements about how good the food was and the speed and quality of service.
    Out whole experience with the Grand Meridian was great and I would highly recommend them for any event.

Sent on 09/24/2015

Mary · Married on 11/14/2014

Sue was so helpful, professional, knowledgeable, and laid back. And so nice! We could not be happier. The venue was gorgeous, the food was delicious, hot, and, served quickly. The staff was very courteous and professional. They made our daughter's dream wedding come true!

Sent on 01/18/2015

We absolutely loved The Grand Meridian as our venue!! Sue was wonderful to work with! We planned most of the wedding out of state, and Sue was always flexible to meet with us and quick to respond to e-mails. Everything was perfect for our wedding!

Sent on 10/12/2014