The Grand Long Beach Reviews

The Grand Long Beach 4
  • Vicki

Vicki · Getting married on 09/14/2019

First impression

I have only met with them one time so far and that was when I booked the venue. They were very nice and showed me each room available and let me pick which one I wanted. My wedding is September 14, 2019 and I will be meeting with them again soon to finalize the day.

Sent on 02/04/2019

Alison H · Married on 05/11/2019

Awesome venue!

We had a wonderful ceremony and reception at The Grand and definitely would recommend!

Planning: Lauren was our main point of contact at the Grand and Marissa our second, and they were both fantastic! We had so many questions and details the entire process and Lauren or Marissa were always there to answer them, even when we got to the nitty gritty and cost breakdowns. From the initial planning to the tasting to our final details meeting, Lauren and Marissa were so great about getting us what we wanted on our wedding day.

Staff: We had a grand (... sorry) experience with the banquet staff! Erika was our banquet captain and she was so great about the little details, such as keeping some appetizers for us to snack on after cocktail hour since we were moving about the whole time. We didn't have a day of coordinator and yet she was still able to keep up with the hectic day. She also made sure we got our dinner and cake, even though I kept changing my mind about when to eat it. Thank you Erika and staff for your attentive service!

Venue: The venue itself is beautiful, especially in the Palm Terrace! We had our ceremony there in the courtyard and the reception in the Garden Room, which was great when guests got too hot on the dance floor and wanted a nice breather outside! Also got some pretty night time shots with the lights there. The top of the parking garage made for a nice little spot for pictures at sunset as well.

Sent on 05/13/2019

Jen · Married on 03/25/2018

Everything was above and beyond! We couldn't of been happier with our experience at The Grand. The food was delicious and the staff was amazing! Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 04/07/2018
    The Grand Long Beach 5
    The Grand Long Beach 6
    The Grand Long Beach 7
    The Grand Long Beach 8
  • Gettingmarriedin2016

J · Married on 08/27/2016

My husband and I couldn't be happier with how our wedding turned out. We had our wedding ceremony on the Palm Terrace and reception in the Garden room. Everything was decorated exactly the way I wanted it to be. Everyone at the Grand was polite and helpful. Salvador, our Banquet Captain, was amazing! He was on top of everything- he and his staff followed my timeline. My husband and I didn't get to eat any hor'deurves during cocktail hour, so during dinner time they gave us some. The food was delicious!!! We got the ahi poke and pork/shrimp for hor'deurves and chicken and tri tip for dinner. I can't say enough good things about this venue! If you are considering having an event here, do it!

Sent on 09/16/2016

Martha · Married on 05/24/2015

I would choose them all over again for my wedding!! They were awesome!! Ann Williamson was so professional, flexible, and accommodating! This place could not make planning a wedding on a budget any easier!! The set up and clean up is all done by them! Easy parking! Exceptional service! Full bar! Cake included in package! But the best part was how delicious the food was!!! Very impressed! Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Christine · Married on 10/12/2014

The Grand delivered! Our wedding on 10/12/14 was perfect. The service was excellent, food was good (had many guests tell us they were so used to expecting boring wedding food but really loved their menu) and made our day feel so special. All the servers, managers, and staff were friendly and professional. I had no doubt they were going to be the perfect location for our wedding and they delivered without question. I will use them again for any event I need to plan or recommend to someone who does.

Sent on 10/15/2014

Crystal · Married on 10/04/2014

Our Wedding was on 10/04/14 and our guests were blown away on beautiful the reception was. The staff was extremely helpful and our coordinator Andry was everything we needed. We still have friends and family asking for their number for their future events.

Sent on 02/21/2015

We used this venue for our wedding and ceremony. The staff was beyond amazing. Andry was our venue contact and was great at having us put everything together. I would highly recommend This venue.

Sent on 09/04/2014

Kristina · Married on 07/12/2014

Ann and the rest of the staff at the Grand were great!! My husband and I had our wedding reception here, and we were really happy with the outcome.

One of the main reasons we chose the Grand over other venues is that the Chef was willing to work with us to create a completely custom menu. My husband and I wanted the food to reflect the fusion of both of our cultures. The Chef was able to create a wonderful Asian-American fusion menu that included 3 tray-passed hors d'oeuvres, a table of stationary appetizers, and a multi-course dinner: a first course of soup, a second course of (beef) filet, and a third course of fish. It was a great meal! The Chef was even kind enough to stay late on our wedding day to make sure the custom menu went off without a hitch.

We also appreciated how punctual the staff was on the day of our wedding. They followed the timeline to the "t". Our event manager checked in with my husband before each course was to go out to confirm the timing. He also checked in with us the entire night to make sure everything was to our liking. Really nice staff.

From the beginning, Ann was super great to us. She helped us build a package that addressed all of our needs. Everything we did in our reception was custom. Ann was always very professional and responsive - she usually responded to my emails same day. We were so lucky we got Ann to work with.

To top it all off, the price at the Grand was very reasonable. We were able to get chiavari chairs, unlimited beer, soda, ... the list goes on. Simply put, the value is great here at the Grand. Plus, it was a huge weight off our shoulders to have a full-service events team - we didn't have to worry about coordinating anything.

So glad we chose the Grand for our wedding reception - it was perfect!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Stacey · Married on 04/18/2014

The Grand was simply A M A Z I N G!!! Ann was so wonderful to work with! She responded right away everytime I needed to contact her! I was a very indecisive bride and she was understanding and helpful the whole step of the way. She was the greatest!
    Everyone at the grand was so wonderful the day of the wedding!
    The food was really good! Even better than the day we did the food tasting.
    All of the waiters were so kind. Thank you so much for making our day an amazing one'

Sent on 04/28/2014

Terence · Married on 10/18/2013

Anne Williamson and Devin Wright were contacts persons for our wedding.

Both ladies were responsive, professional and understanding of our needs as we had only 10 days to plan our wedding & reception.

Sent on 12/27/2013

Liz · Married on 10/06/2013

We had our wedding 1 month ago and we were so happy with the decision we made.
    They have 5 options to choose from all of them are very nice.All the staff is very friendly and polite.
    the prices are very reasonable and the food was great, the parking is free , the bathrooms are clean and they have a free suite for the bride.
    Our cordinator was Ann she is very friendly and super cool to get along with, she was very helpful for any questions we had she was always there to answer.
    ask for her! :)

Sent on 11/10/2013

Adriana · Married on 08/17/2013

I have nothing but great things to say about the grand! We had our wedding here in August and everything was flawless for our special day! We worked with the coordinator Ann and she was amazing! She was always available for questions, checked in with me often and was even able to deal with my phone calls and emails during the high anxiety planning moments. The grand was very flexible and accommodating to any of our needs. The venue is perfect because it's a one stop shop and everything is in one place! The food was delicious! We received so many compliments from our guests about the food. I would recommend the venue to any couple looking!

Sent on 12/28/2013

Loved how everything was set up, excellent service I didn't have to worry about anything

Sent on 09/30/2013

Holly · Married on 05/03/2013

We did the Friday wedding package and it was a great deal! The venue was beautiful and we were delighted with how everything turned out. Ann was our event coordinator and really took great care of us. We did a lot of little upgrades which made everything that much nicer. The Chivari chairs are a must in my opinion and the open bar really brings the party together. We used the Garden Room and had a full bar available to our guests that was great in photos as well. Absolutely worth the money we spent. We had an amazing time and so did our guests. We did the ceremony on the outside terrace. The sun was just going down as the ceremony began and for the first 10 minutes the sun was in the boys eyes, but as soon as it set the rest of the way it was really beautiful.

Sent on 05/20/2013
  • Denise

Denise · Married on 10/07/2011

The food is amazing. My wedding was 2 weeks ago and I have family still telling me how good the food was. They are very generous with their alcohol in the mixed drinks. I honestly coiuld not say anything bad about this place. Viviana was my sales person and she is a sweetheart.

Sent on 10/25/2011

Megan · Married on 06/04/2011

This place is beautiful. The food was incredible. Alex was our coordinator and she was more than helpful. They really take care of their clients.

Sent on 06/21/2011
  • Aileen

Aileen · Married on 05/29/2011

Had our wedding ceremony in the Palm Terrace and our reception in the garden room. Received many positive compliments on the location, hors d'oeuvres and dinner. Alex Weiss was our coordinator and she was a pleasure to work with. She was very helpful with all my questions and always responded in a timely manner. The staff was very professional from the servers to the bartenders.

Sent on 07/01/2011

Pam · Married on 10/30/2010

My husband and I worked with Viviana at the Grand for our wedding event. I can't tell you how wonderful our experience with her was. She always emailed or called us back the same day, and if she was busy, she would let us know so that we weren't waiting and waiting for her.

Everyone said how good the food was. We chose the salmon and prime rib for our guests and everyone said how tasty the salmon was, and how tender the meat was. The appetizers were also a huge hit with the salmon and cracker bar. The waitstaff was polite and made sure we were okay. All our vendors had a very easy time with the Grand. The Grand provides a cake when you book with them, and we chose Torrance Bakery, which was also a pleasant experience and had the best cake.

I would highly recommend this venue for your special event. They really do take care of you, and Viviana is the sweetest person to work with there.

Sent on 11/09/2010

Lauren · Married on 05/29/2010

I have nothing but positive things to say about the Grand. Viviana, our sales person, was so helpful and responsive to all of my requests, I must have emailed her dozens of times with questions and she responded quickly every time. They were professionals in every aspect. Our reception room was set up complete with table linens by 9:30am for a 6pm start time. So i was able to do last minute set up there myself and not be stressed for time. Also, I received many compliments on how good the food was - we served chicken with melted goat cheese. It was delicious. I would highly recommend the Grand to anyone for ceremonies and receptions.

Sent on 06/16/2010

debbie · Married on 05/15/2010

the grand was very helpful in helping me plan my wedding. the staff was wonderful! they were polite and very helpful and treated my guests and my husband and i with the utmost respect. I had a wonderful time on my wedding day. i loved it especially because we did everything at one venue, including ceremony. good times!

Sent on 06/08/2010

Debby · Married on 10/04/2009

We just had our wedding and reception at The Grand. All of the details were taken care of to our satisfaction. We had no worries on the day of the event. We had a wonderful wait staff and contact person. All of our vendors were pleased. All of the planning--from the booking of the room, to the tasting, to the menu selection--were all very straightforward and easy. They were even able to accommodate our small (75) number of guests.

Sent on 10/21/2009

Jen · Married on 10/10/2008

The Grand was a delight to work with. They are VERY attentive, will help you set up your menu. The tasting was amazing, and so was the final result at the wedding! They will also let you switch out some things on your menu if you get a package which was very nice. Their servers were friendly and made sure to check with guests often even though it was a buffet. Don't hesitate to use them, they do a wonderful job.

Sent on 11/04/2008
  • plaidtink

Christina · Married on 08/22/2008

From start to finish, this venue was nothing short of exceptional. The site inside and out are beautiful. The food is amazing and a fantastic value for the price. They included all the linens, chairs, cake, and much more in their reasonable package pricing. The staff is fantastic too! I recommend this venue to everyone having a wedding in Southern California!

Sent on 09/09/2008