The Grand Barn at The Mohicans Reviews

The Grand Barn at The Mohicans 5
  • Melanie

Melanie Bianco · Getting married on 08/18/2020

One word...MAGICAL!!!

What an absolutely STUNNING place to have a wedding. We came down for 4 days in August for the Hoadley wedding and loved it so much that we want our wedding here!!
    To start,
    The quaint tree houses that are all so different, beautifully designed and decorated, were remarkable to even just walk through.
    We stayed in a cabin that was spacious, comfortable, and beautiful. The beds were amazing, and quality bed sheets too!! (I love places that care about the little details, and this place goes beyond!)
    We spent nights outside on the porch listening to the calls of the wild, had bonfires, and got away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
    I truly felt relaxed by the time we left.
    The Gran Barn where the wedding was held was beyond words. There were lights strung up thru-out, with rustic wood, and simple white linens everywhere you looked, it was truly a magical evening.
    We were fortunate enough to spend some time with the owners, Laura and Kevin, and the rest of their family. They were gracious, took time to make sure we had everything we needed, and went far above and beyond any place I've been before.
    I can't say enough great things about The Mohicans!

Thank you again to Laura, Kevin, and the rest of the family for your hospitality, your beautiful location, and your big hearts. It was such a pleasure to be able to stay at The Mohicans, and we will definitely be back, hopefully in a wedding dress :)
    Melanie And Steve
    Ontario, Canada

Sent on 08/16/2019

Maci Hedeen · Getting married on 03/11/2020

Worry-Free

This venue was involved every step of the way! The same person that gave us our tour was our day-of-the-wedding person, which I loved! It kept things consistent. They were able to accommodate for our breakfast wedding. You also have the entire area so you can choose different ceremony locations. Very nice and helpful staff! IT is a truly beautiful place and I couldn't write them enough great reviews for all the kindness they showed me and my family on our wedding day.

Sent on 12/23/2019

lindsay · Married on 12/01/2019

Stunning location

We couldnt have asked for a better venue. Although we had our wedding in December, we both wanted a venue where we could still be tucked away in the woods and have a ceremony outside. We were able to hold our ceremony on the upstairs deck since it was raining that morning and we wanted some coverage (while still being outside). The venue was very helpful at making a few suggestions, like having our first dance on the heated back deck while the crew took away a few tables to have enough room for dancing inside. It worked out perfectly! They were very accommodating with any requested changes. Do not cross this venue off of your list if you dont think itll work for poor weather, everything turned out great! Also, we highly recommend their catering!! Our top two compliments were how beautiful the venue was and how amazing the food was. People are still telling me weeks later that it was by far the best food they've had at a wedding!
    The only thing I think could be improved is communication. There were a few times when they asked if I had certain forms/questionnaires filled out yet when I had never received the forms in the first place. Not a big deal though!

Sent on 12/27/2019
  • Jodie

Jodie Hoadly · Married on 08/05/2019

Mr and Mrs Hoadly wedding

I had visited the mohican treehouses and Grand barn 2 years previous. This is where my now husband proposed and I knew instantly this is where I wanted to get married . Living in England I knew that this would be a hard task to complete but Laura, Kevin Mooney and their whole team stepped in . Emails back and forth with advice , knowledge and all the information We needed to make the day perfect . The whole team made our whole wedding party feel so welcome and at ease . The food from when we arrived to when we left was spectacular, the treehouses were truly stunningly beautiful in their own right .The contacts that they had gave us for hairdressers , photographers, flowers, cake maker , beautician and officiant were all fantastic nothing was too much trouble . The wedding day/ceremony had a intimate personal feel in a truly beautiful setting . Every little detail was taken care of so we could just relax and enjoy every second of our day . I cannot recommend The Mohican treehouses and grand barn enough . Anyone who gets to have their wedding here will never regret it . This place and team made our dream become a reality and for that I am eternally grateful.

The Grand Barn at The Mohicans 6
    Sent on 08/13/2019

Toya Willmot · Married on 08/05/2019

Amazing venue

We travelled over from England for my brother’s wedding- this is the most beautiful venue for a wedding! The location and the treehouses are stunning and so peaceful and beautiful. All of the staff here were so wonderful- they could not do enough for us to ensure that our stay was truly amazing. The food was exceptional and all freshly prepared by the chef.
    We took our two children and they were so welcomed and absolutely loved exploring the beautiful woodland where the venue is set.
    I would absolutely recommend this venue if you are considering where to hold your wedding- it was truly fantastic.

Sent on 08/25/2019

Mallory · Married on 07/12/2019

Mohican Wedding

The Grand Barn was perfect for us. If you're looking to have a wedding in the woods, the Mohicans is the ideal venue. The entire staff was communicative and professional throughout the entire process and made a stressful day more enjoyable. The entire property is gorgeous!

Sent on 07/23/2019

The Grand Barn at The Mohicans's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Mallory. We enjoyed working with you this year in preparing for your wedding day! Only happiness to you and Max!

Alisha C Henry · Married on 04/17/2019

Absolutely phenomenal

We absolutely loved having our wedding at the Mohicans Grand Barn. The staff are incredible and the venue itself is beautiful! The cabins and Treehouses are all gorgeous and have many features and sleep more people than you would expect. We couldn't have asked for a better venue or group of people. You will not be disappointed with the Mohicans Grand Barn and Treehouses!

The Grand Barn at The Mohicans 7
    Sent on 04/26/2019

Chelsea Whitehouse · Married on 03/30/2019

Pictures and words just can’t do the Barn and the people justice!

Everything about my experience with the Mohican Grand Barn was phenomenal! Every one was so kind and it was a down home comfort! We felt like they brought us in like we were family and made it to where I had zero stress on my wedding day!
    I just don’t know how to properly articulate how great these people are!
    And the venue was an amazing backdrop to our wedding! It was out there, but well worth the travel!!! Also, they have a great rental room that made the process even less stressful!
    Finally, I must point out that the tree houses are just adorable!
    HIGHLY recommend the Mohican Grand Barn!

The Grand Barn at The Mohicans 8
    The Grand Barn at The Mohicans 9
    The Grand Barn at The Mohicans 10
    The Grand Barn at The Mohicans 11
    The Grand Barn at The Mohicans 12
    Sent on 04/03/2019

Annie Reeke · Married on 03/23/2019

Do yourself a favor and choose this venue!

The venue itself is absolutely stunning! You don’t need much decoration because the wood and lights speak for themselves. The staff is amazing! The owners Kevin and Laura, Aimee and Allie were beyond accommodating and helpful. We planned our wedding in a few short months, and it was stress-free because of the wonderful staff. Our guests have all commented on what a beautiful wedding it was and that it was one they will never forget. Our guests also commented that the food was the best they have had at wedding! The caterer, Drew, did a great job doing exactly what we wanted! Couldn’t recommend this venue more!!

The Grand Barn at The Mohicans 13
    The Grand Barn at The Mohicans 14
    The Grand Barn at The Mohicans 15
    Sent on 03/31/2019
  • Darby

Darby · Married on 10/14/2018

Coolest Venue in Ohio

Do yourself a favor and get married here! The owners, Laura and Kevin, are awesome and they really care about the couples that choose their venue. The rest of the staff is exceptional and they will go above and beyond to make sure the planning process and big day are perfect. Special shout out to our coordinator, Allie, for being a rockstar and working behind the scenes to ensure that everything went smoothly. We really can't say enough nice things about this place and we're so grateful for The Grand Barn. All of our guests were blown away by the beauty of this location and said they had never been to a better wedding. We will definitely be returning for our anniversary to stay in the treehouses again. Thanks Laura and Kevin, you're the best and we had so much fun!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Samantha · Married on 09/07/2018

Love it, best venue. So unique

Everything was amazing- the view, the atmosphere, the people. Awesome venue and one of a kind. They go over and beyond to make sure everything is perfect and special for your wedding. Never met such nice and caring people/staff

The Grand Barn at The Mohicans 16
    Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 06/30/2018

Uniquely Elegant!

From start to finish, this venue was pleasant to work with. They are very accommodating and worked really hard to make sure that my day flowed seamlessly! Laura and Aimee were extremely helpful the entire time! This property is all around beautiful and my guests had nothing but good things to say about it! I don't think I could have picked a more perfect location! Thank you to the Grand Barn team for exceeding my expectations!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Kathryn!
    Thank you so much for being such a pleasure to work with. Your wedding was equally as amazing as you are, and your guests were a dream as well. Please stay in contact, and best luck for the future!

Kim · Married on 06/08/2018

We got married at The Grand Barn on 6-8-18. It all started with our tour about two years ago, and we fell in love with the venue at first sight. We knew it was the one. The staff was so friendly and helpful throughout our planning. They answered all of our questions and went above and beyond to make the wedding of our dreams come true. They are genuine people who want to make sure your wedding is special. On our wedding day, it downpoured, and so the barn efficiently transformed from our reception to our ceremony. Our ceremony ended up being perfectly imperfect, and it felt even more intimate and special inside the barn. After the ceremony, the staff quickly turned everything back over for our reception to be able to start. The staff really have your back from day one, and I felt they did everything from beginning to end to help make our experience one to remember. This venue has everything you could ask for in a wedding venue, and the cabins and treehouses just give it an edge. The lodging is so unique and fun for you and your guests to experience. The staff maintain their lodging very nicely, you can sense their pride in their venue. I can’t recommend this venue and group of people enough for your big day, I know they will make it special. Thank you, The Grand Barn, for making our wedding day our best day ever. Sincerely, The Turners!

Sent on 07/07/2018

tanne · Married on 06/02/2018

We got married here on Saturday and it was incredible - I cannot imagine a more perfect environment for a wedding. Many guests told us it was magical and everyone adored the on-site treehouse and cabin lodging as well as the gorgeous inside and outdoor spaces. The treehouses are so beautiful and unique. The inside of the venue is so lovely it needs hardly any decoration, and all the necessities are available from a rental room at the venue, which is very convenient because it meant we didn’t have to haul loads of junk to the wedding because they already had everything we needed. All of the staff we encountered were exceptionally helpful and professional, always going out of their way to make us comfortable and both the planning process and the wedding day run smoothly. Aimee was our day of coordinator and we highly recommend her - she was phenomnically helpful and kind! From organizing the rehearsal to helping us unload to making sure all the details were in place and on schedule, she was quietly behind the scenes making it all feel effortless. The morning after our wedding we thought we had lost or forgotten all of the photos from the photobooth, but when we arrived at our honeymoon we found that she had packed them safely into our card box for us so they wouldn’t get lost. She’s basically superwoman and can do 12 things at once without breaking a sweat. Her calm confidence and experience helped us stay relaxed. Laura and Kevin were also helpful and responsive, and they’ve created a truly intimate and special place to have a wedding. I wouldn’t change a single thing. Thanks to all of the Grand Barn staff for making the day so amazing! To prospective couples - booking this venue was some of the best money we ever spent.

Sent on 06/08/2018

Kelly · Married on 09/29/2017

This is quite possibly the most unique wedding venue that either we or our guests had ever seen. It was the perfect continuation of our love story. After our engagement in a treehouse in KY, we found this magical place in OH and went for it. The day and evening were truly special and the outdoor setting had much to do with that. Sure the Grand Barn is not easy to get to, but that’s what makes it so special. Our guests loved staying in the treehouses and everyone wanted a tour. No detail was left unnoticed. The staff takes impeccable care of this place. We loved The Nest, the brand new honeymoon suite. It was simply magical. We’ll never forget our big day.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Kelly!
    Thank you for such kind words. We truly loved having you and your guests here as well. We are here to make your big day as memorable and great as possible. Please come back and stay with us again!
    Laura and Kevin Mooney and the staff at The Mohicans

Jennifer · Married on 09/16/2017

We could have never imagined a more perfect venue for our wedding. Since our first day of meeting the owners and day-of coordinator for the Grand Barn, we immediately knew this was our place. Our guests couldn't stop complimenting the setting - the barn itself is gorgeous, then you top it with an outdoor patio with string lights and tree houses lit in the backdrop. It's absolutely stunning.

Planning everything using the expertise of the recommended vendors also made things run seamlessly. I cannot say enough about the owners, the staff, the vendors, the on-site accommodations, and this venue. I'm really going to miss working with them!

What an amazing and memorable experience we got to share with our friends and family <3

I highly recommend the Grand Barn at the Mohicans for your upcoming magic moment.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Jane · Married on 08/25/2017

We just had our wedding at The Grand Barn and it was perfect from start to finish. The staff were so helpful and made the day go smoothly. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 09/01/2017

Crystal · Married on 08/16/2017

Who get's married on a Wednesday.. I did!
    This great venue opened up their doors for an
    "Intimate" wedding experience. We were able to have all our guests attend the wedding, party at the campfire and spend the night in cabins/ tree houses. I have received so many compliments on the whole experience.
    Thank you Mohicans !
    Crystal McDonald- Samarin

Sent on 09/27/2017

Becky · Married on 06/24/2017

Our wedding here was a fairytale! We can't thank the Grand Barn enough for providing such a beautiful venue and great people to work with! As soon as my husband and I toured the venue, we fell in love. We used most of the vendors that they recommended to ensure our wedding day ran as smoothly as possible. We were not disappointed! Our guests can not stop raving about what an awesome time they had and even "the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to!" Our guests rented out all of the tree houses and cabins the night of the wedding which made it an even more unique experience! If you love nature and have an appreciation for a beautiful scenic venue, we highly recommend The Grand Barn for your big day!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Nicole · Married on 04/29/2017

The Grand Barn was the perfect venue for our dream wedding! Laura and Melissa were both so helpful during the planning stage as well as during our big day. Everyone on staff is amazing. In addition to an amazing wedding venue our guests were able to stay in the cabins and treehouses which made out wedding weekend that much more memorable. I can't imagine going anywhere else for my wedding.

Sent on 05/03/2017
  • Tasha

Tasha · Married on 09/24/2016

This venue is worth EVERY PENNY. I absolutely LOVED the staff and the venue. Our day could not have been more perfect. We had a lot of issues with our caterer but the coordinators and grand barn staff took over and made the day perfect! I could not imagine getting married somewhere else. Laura and Kevin and the owners and they are just as involved as their on site coordinators even though they are not in the city. Any time I had a question Laura was available to answer it! My guests LOVED the venue, many of them said it way the most beautiful wedding venue they had ever been to. They were very professional and let me have some special and unique things along the way for the wedding. I would highly recommend this venue to ANYONE! Especially the couples who love nature and have a little outdoorsy side, (Plus who doesn't want to stay in a treehouse the night of their wedding ) We cannot wait to go back for our anniversaries and stay in all of the different houses and take our families back to the cabins ! We feel we gained friends out of the staff they were so amazing ! Melissa even calmed me right before walking down the aisle- (she seemed more like a friend than staff )They also have obtained their liquor license recently and the bartender/ bar was awesome as well as their new Beer Barn! The photobooth was a hit as well which was also way cheaper going through the barn and it matches the barn!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Larissa · Married on 06/12/2016

Not only was this venue an extremely great value, but it is the most beautiful venue ever. My husband and I searched and found our top 5 locations and visited them all, but after seeing this one first the rest were so overshadowed. We booked this location and never regretted it. Not only are the staff extremely nice, but they accommodated all of our special requests. There are also a number of pieces like barrel bar, tables, etc that are wrapped into the price. The view from the ceremony location is unbelievable and that moment is an unforgettable moment in our lives now. If you are looking for a venue for your wedding and you love the whimsical woodland theme as much as I do, honestly look no further. The staff as well as the unbelievable beauty of Glenmont, OH helped make our day perfect.

Sent on 06/14/2016

Brynn · Married on 08/22/2015

I recently had my wedding at the Grand Barn and I could not have been more happy with my experience. I booked the Grand Barn without visiting it because it was just so beautiful and I knew it was what I was looking for.. "luxury in the woods" The Mooney's were so great to work with. They provided excellent customer service and did everything to make sure our questions were answered and our event was a success. Laura was able to recommend different vendors for our event which was nice because they knew the venue and were able to execute their service better because of that. The price for this location was unbeatable. It really is a unique spot and so beautiful. My guests stayed in the tree houses and they were amazed at the luxurious accommodations in the woods. The Grand Barn provided a shuttle service to the other locations the rest of the guests were staying at so everything was very convenient for us and our guests on the wedding day. If you have not checked out photos of this venue it is definitely a must see. The location was very serene with woods surrounding it. The Barn and tree houses were crafted to perfection and so beautiful with the natural wood you really don't need any extra decoration. The staff is also top notch they are working everyday to add different upgrades as they grow and it really shows that they have a lot of love and pride for the work they do. They truly care about making your wedding perfect. My guests are still raving about this venue and how special and unique it was, I couldn't have picked a better location to match our style and sum up the things we love as a couple. Thank you Laura and Kevin for creating this amazing venue and allowing us to have our wedding there :)

Sent on 09/21/2015

Kristi · Married on 08/09/2015

Dream Come True!
    We started planning our wedding about a year ago and when we visited The Grand Barn we just knew that this was the place we wanted to share our special day with our family and friends. The Grand Barn is simply amazing! Each time I would go there through out the planning of our wedding, I would see something that I didn't see the last time that I was there and I would fall in love with it all over again! The scenery is beyond amazing! The tree houses are cozy and perfect. The staff at The Grand Barn was very accommodating and so nice! The Mooneys were a pleasure to work with and very prompt any time I had a question. They made sure that we were happy and did whatever they could to make our day perfect. Melissa, who is also a member of the staff was so nice and she went above and beyond to help me make sure everything was set up and perfect for our wedding. I was in awe when I saw The Grand Barn all set up and ready for our special day. I will recommend The Grand Barn to any of my family and friends and my husband and I plan on visiting next year for our anniversary. If I could give The Grand Barn ten stars I would! :)

Sent on 08/19/2015

This was a beautiful place for my wedding and Laura and Melissa were great to work with. The only trouble I had was keeping up with all of the paperwork/documents listing out the requirements/rules. There was so much to read and on top of my already busy schedule, it was a lot to keep up with! Overall, the paperwork isn't what I was thinking about on the day of my wedding. The natural setting was perfect for our wedding day.

Sent on 07/23/2015