25 Reviews for The Grand Barn at The Mohicans

Aisle Markers (2)
Centerpieces (1)
Drapery (1)
25 The Grand Barn at The Mohicans Reviews

We could have never imagined a more perfect venue for our wedding. Since our first day of meeting the owners and day-of coordinator for the Grand Barn, we immediately knew this was our place. Our guests couldn't stop complimenting the setting - the barn itself is gorgeous, then you top it with an outdoor patio with string lights and tree houses lit in the backdrop. It's absolutely stunning.

Planning everything using the expertise of the recommended vendors also made things run seamlessly. I cannot say enough about the owners, the staff, the vendors, the on-site accommodations, and this venue. I'm really going to miss working with them!

What an amazing and memorable experience we got to share with our friends and family

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

We just had our wedding at The Grand Barn and it was perfect from start to finish. The staff were so helpful and made the day go smoothly. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Profile Picture Jane, 8/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Who get's married on a Wednesday.. I did!
This great venue opened up their doors for an
"Intimate" wedding experience. We were able to have all our guests attend the wedding, party at the campfire and spend the night in cabins/ tree houses. I have received so many compliments on the whole experience.
Thank you Mohicans !
Crystal McDonald- Samarin

Profile Picture Crystal, 8/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Open Bar, Accommodations, In-House Bar, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Outside Vendors, Aisle Markers, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Photobooth, Tables, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Our wedding here was a fairytale! We can't thank the Grand Barn enough for providing such a beautiful venue and great people to work with! As soon as my husband and I toured the venue, we fell in love. We used most of the vendors that they recommended to ensure our wedding day ran as smoothly as possible. We were not disappointed! Our guests can not stop raving about what an awesome time they had and even "the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to!" Our guests rented out all of the tree houses and cabins the night of the wedding which made it an even more unique experience! If you love nature and have an appreciation for a beautiful scenic venue, we highly recommend The Grand Barn for your big day!

Profile Picture Becky, 6/24/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, In-House Bar, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite

The Grand Barn was the perfect venue for our dream wedding! Laura and Melissa were both so helpful during the planning stage as well as during our big day. Everyone on staff is amazing. In addition to an amazing wedding venue our guests were able to stay in the cabins and treehouses which made out wedding weekend that much more memorable. I can't imagine going anywhere else for my wedding.

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/29/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Altar/Arches, Chairs, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Accommodations, In-House Bar, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

This venue is worth EVERY PENNY. I absolutely LOVED the staff and the venue. Our day could not have been more perfect. We had a lot of issues with our caterer but the coordinators and grand barn staff took over and made the day perfect! I could not imagine getting married somewhere else. Laura and Kevin and the owners and they are just as involved as their on site coordinators even though they are not in the city. Any time I had a question Laura was available to answer it! My guests LOVED the venue, many of them said it way the most beautiful wedding venue they had ever been to. They were very professional and let me have some special and unique things along the way for the wedding. I would highly recommend this venue to ANYONE! Especially the couples who love nature and have a little outdoorsy side, (Plus who doesn't want to stay in a treehouse the night of their wedding ) We cannot wait to go back for our anniversaries and stay in all of the different houses and take our families back to the cabins ! We feel we gained friends out of the staff they were so amazing ! Melissa even calmed me right before walking down the aisle- (she seemed more like a friend than staff )They also have obtained their liquor license recently and the bartender/ bar was awesome as well as their new Beer Barn! The photobooth was a hit as well which was also way cheaper going through the barn and it matches the barn!

Profile Picture Tasha, 9/24/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Accommodations, Uncovered Outdoor

Not only was this venue an extremely great value, but it is the most beautiful venue ever. My husband and I searched and found our top 5 locations and visited them all, but after seeing this one first the rest were so overshadowed. We booked this location and never regretted it. Not only are the staff extremely nice, but they accommodated all of our special requests. There are also a number of pieces like barrel bar, tables, etc that are wrapped into the price. The view from the ceremony location is unbelievable and that moment is an unforgettable moment in our lives now. If you are looking for a venue for your wedding and you love the whimsical woodland theme as much as I do, honestly look no further. The staff as well as the unbelievable beauty of Glenmont, OH helped make our day perfect.

Profile Picture Larissa, 6/12/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Accommodations, Uncovered Outdoor

I recently had my wedding at the Grand Barn and I could not have been more happy with my experience. I booked the Grand Barn without visiting it because it was just so beautiful and I knew it was what I was looking for.. "luxury in the woods" The Mooney's were so great to work with. They provided excellent customer service and did everything to make sure our questions were answered and our event was a success. Laura was able to recommend different vendors for our event which was nice because they knew the venue and were able to execute their service better because of that. The price for this location was unbeatable. It really is a unique spot and so beautiful. My guests stayed in the tree houses and they were amazed at the luxurious accommodations in the woods. The Grand Barn provided a shuttle service to the other locations the rest of the guests were staying at so everything was very convenient for us and our guests on the wedding day. If you have not checked out photos of this venue it is definitely a must see. The location was very serene with woods surrounding it. The Barn and tree houses were crafted to perfection and so beautiful with the natural wood you really don't need any extra decoration. The staff is also top notch they are working everyday to add different upgrades as they grow and it really shows that they have a lot of love and pride for the work they do. They truly care about making your wedding perfect. My guests are still raving about this venue and how special and unique it was, I couldn't have picked a better location to match our style and sum up the things we love as a couple. Thank you Laura and Kevin for creating this amazing venue and allowing us to have our wedding there :)

Profile Picture Brynn, 8/22/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations

Dream Come True!
We started planning our wedding about a year ago and when we visited The Grand Barn we just knew that this was the place we wanted to share our special day with our family and friends. The Grand Barn is simply amazing! Each time I would go there through out the planning of our wedding, I would see something that I didn't see the last time that I was there and I would fall in love with it all over again! The scenery is beyond amazing! The tree houses are cozy and perfect. The staff at The Grand Barn was very accommodating and so nice! The Mooneys were a pleasure to work with and very prompt any time I had a question. They made sure that we were happy and did whatever they could to make our day perfect. Melissa, who is also a member of the staff was so nice and she went above and beyond to help me make sure everything was set up and perfect for our wedding. I was in awe when I saw The Grand Barn all set up and ready for our special day. I will recommend The Grand Barn to any of my family and friends and my husband and I plan on visiting next year for our anniversary. If I could give The Grand Barn ten stars I would! :)

Profile Picture Kristi, 8/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was a beautiful place for my wedding and Laura and Melissa were great to work with. The only trouble I had was keeping up with all of the paperwork/documents listing out the requirements/rules. There was so much to read and on top of my already busy schedule, it was a lot to keep up with! Overall, the paperwork isn't what I was thinking about on the day of my wedding. The natural setting was perfect for our wedding day.

Profile Picture User5286339, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not have asked for a better wedding venue! The venue is absolutely breathtaking and is worth every penny. The owner (Laura) was incredibly helpful and flexibly throughout the planning process. I also highly recommend hiring Melissa as an event day planner, she did a great job organizing everything the day of the wedding. It was so much fun having our friends and family stay in the cabins on the property and get to spend our wedding night in a treehouse!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Grand Barn was our dream wedding venue. We were looking for a place with an outdoor ceremony location (which is beautiful here! They actually have a couple of great options) with a back up location for rain (which we almost needed...). The Barn is great because it looks rustic, but feels elegant, and there are so many ways to make it your own. The event coordinator was very professional and timely with all my questions, and was enthusiastic about helping us with anything, including giving other vendor recommendations (she helped us find our caterer). Also, we loved that they continued to improve the venue for future couples even after we booked. They built an outdoor pavilion next to the barn for a ceremony location and a terrace over the dock by the lake. They also added some outdoor lighting that was perfect for our dance floor. I have absolutely no regrets or reservations about this venue- The day was perfect :) We did spend a little extra money to stay in their cabins/tree houses the nights before and after the wedding, but the price I'm listing was for renting the venue (which includes their provided chairs, tables, and ceremony seating)

Profile Picture User5216294, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband, Seth and were married at the Grand Barn on May 9th. We cannot say enough about our experience throughout the planning process and how magical our wedding day was. The Mooneys and Melissa, the Event Coordinator, were incredible and consistently bent over backward to make the day so special and saw to every detail.

The Grand Barn itself is absolutely stunning, as is the surrounding woods. Our guests were enchanted with the location and our photographer captured some incredible shots that are straight out of fairy tale. The craftsmanship of the cabins and the venue are so beautiful and full of rustic charm and need very little additional decoration.

We, along with our immediate family, spent the night in the cabins on the premises and were incredibly comfortable. We are already planning a return trip to enjoy the beautiful setting and The Mohicans hospitality! My husband and I stayed in the Little Red Treehouse and were so touched by the personalized welcome note. We loved the solitude and charm of the little treehouse and found it the perfect place to relax after the wedding and enjoy our first moments as a new Mr. & Mrs!

Anyone looking for a truly magical wedding in a stunning natural setting cannot find any better than the Grand Barn! Words cannot do justice to the location, the Mooneys, and how perfect our wedding day was!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I got married there in July and it was amazing! The barn, the people who work there , everything!

Profile Picture taylor, 7/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, In-House Bar, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Outside Vendors, Aisle Markers, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Lighting, Photobooth, Tables, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Open Bar

Laura and Melissa have been wonderful in the planning process. We are looking forward to our wedding and reception next summer!

Profile Picture User2357872, Recently Married, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Laura was the absolute best to work with. She was very helpful, professional, responsive, and kind. On my wedding day she helped me walk down to where I was meeting my father before walking down the aisle. I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to do so because she was so awesome! We definitely plan to return yearly to the tree houses for our future anniversaries. I can't express enough how great The Grand Barn at the Mohicans was to host my wedding at and The Mohican Cabins and Tree Houses were a perfect ending to our wedding night. Definitely recommend!!!!!

Profile Picture User5255028, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't even begin to explain how helpful the level of professionalism and the easy going well mannered staff was. My daughter was married here in April, and we are so pleased with everyone that we encountered. They were always eager to help but weren't over whelming. They made the day go so smooth. The only complaint I had is how fast the whole day went! Before I knew it, it was time to clean up. It is a special place to have such a special day in your lives. Our guests are still talking (it's September) about how awesome the venue was, and even better how great the accommodations are;
Thank you to the staff at the Grand Barn, you will forever hold a place in our hearts.

Profile Picture Mindy, 4/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Transportation
Services Used: Shuttle, Photobooth, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Accommodations, In-House Bar, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Outside Vendors

Had our wedding here in late October. The barn is absolutely beautiful. And people were just in awe about the property. The only complaint is The expensiveness. you have to rent the props/heaters you want to use. And I know with a few other barns in surrounding areas it was included in the over all cost. It was worth it to us bc we really didn't use many props at all. It doesn't need much decorations as the barn is stunning without decor. Laura and her team were quick to reply anytime I emailed them with questions or comments. And they were extremely easy to work with. We stayed in a cabin and treehouse as well and they were very clean and well maintained. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Jillian, 10/15/16, 5 Reviews
4.7

I got married at the Grand Barn on 10/24/15 and it was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined! The venue is absolutely gorgeous and I couldn't believe how the place transformed when we added our personal touches. We got married under the pavilion surrounded by peak fall leaves. Most wonderful day of our lives! In addition to the main venue, the cabins and tree houses are amazing and our guests really enjoyed staying in the rustic-elegant accommodations. Laura and Melissa were extremely helpful throughout the entire planning process and, with the exception of a few small mishaps, we had a very pleasant experience working with them! They were available to talk with us and answer questions at almost any time of day and our wedding would not have ran so smoothly without them. Great people paired with a breath-taking venue made for a dream wedding in the woods! My only recommendation is to hire Laura a personal assistant haha! That woman is working wonders for so many people and could probably use some more hands :-P Thank you again to everyone at the Grand Barn and we hope to see you all again!

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Shuttle, Accommodations, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Dance Floor, Furniture, Photobooth, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
4.7

The venue is gorgeous! We could not have chosen a more beautiful setting. I would truly recommend renting the White Oak Treehouse for your guests to tour since it is right next to The Grand Barn. Our guests enjoyed walking down and taking in the view during cocktail hour. Also, the LIttle Red is cute, but the sleeping arrangements are REAL small. I would suggest the White Oak Treehouse for the Bride and Groom instead of LIttle Red. Laura, the owner, is very accommodating. We also used Melissa, the events coordinator, for the day, and would highly recommend her. She knows the place inside and out and can give some great tips on setup and was an extra hand for the evening, which was greatly needed and appreciated.

Profile Picture Denise, 8/24/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Grand Barn was the perfect venue for our fun-loving, DIY, woodsy wedding! The location is beautiful and we received several compliments from our guests. We could not have asked for a more perfect venue (or view!). Some definite perks that made our wedding the best ever were: the awesome photo opportunities (in the woods, the tree houses, and even in a canoe on the lake!), and the great accommodations within walking distance from the barn (we stayed in the 4-guest tree house on our wedding night but easily rented out the rest of the cabins to our guests). If you love the outdoors and don't mind going off the grid (no internet or cell service!) for your big day, you should definitely go take a tour of the barn. It's awesome!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/24/14, 2 Reviews
4.3

Our guests loved our Wedding at the Grand Barn. It was a wonderful space to get ready in during the day and their staff was accommodating to all of our requests.

You can't rival how beautiful the space is. We toured 8 other wedding venue locations and The Grand Barn is worlds above the rest. It's romantic, rustic, and comfortable. Plus, you get to stay in a treehouse! How Cool!

Profile Picture Maren, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Open Bar, Accommodations, In-House Bar, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Outside Vendors, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Decor, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor
4.3

Beautiful place ! Excellent service ! I would love to have my wedding here !

Profile Picture Angelica, 8/6/16, 5 Reviews
3.7

It's a beautiful venue no doubt, we fell in love as soon as we seen it & knew it was the one. If we could've thought about it all over again we may have decided to just come here in a treehouse for our anniversary instead just because it's pricey. Communication could be better I think they have too much of a workload on too few people? There were a few mix ups throughout, they were all solved thankfully. If considering you must know they have their vendors license therefore you can't bring any of your own alcohol in & if you plan to pay for open bar it will be as if you were to pick up everyones tab in a local bar. You can't get in to decorate until 10 a.m. the morning of due to them running weddings Friday-Sunday, which we tried to follow the less is more rule in order to not fall behind. I still ended up hiring the local florist to assist, mainly with outside decor. They have a room full of mainly rustic decor but all is priced to rent & not included in your venue rental purchase. They supply 8 ft. tables & 2 choices of chairs for the reception & benches for the ceremony also a 24 ft. head table, cake table & a few other tables. You have to bring in your own caterer. We rented the newest treehouse (also the most expensive yet) it was beautiful. My only complaint was the water is deifinitely not turned up high enough, I took a very fast & luke warm shower during our stay. In conclusion it is a very unique & beautiful venue, I just think they need to do some price tweeking to make it even more desirable.

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Lighting, Tables, Bartender(s), Indoor, Accommodations, In-House Bar, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Outside Vendors