The Golf Club at South River Reviews

The Golf Club at South River 3
The Golf Club at South River 4
The Golf Club at South River 5

Marianna · Married on 09/22/2018

From beginning to end, it was fantastic. The setting inside and outside was stunning. The Adirondack
    Room was perfect for 100 guests with plenty of room for a dance floor and DJ. The venue is beautiful. The staff, food, cooperation, setting up the ballroom, etc. was amazing. Their Banquet Manager "Angelique" was a delight to work with and very helpful. We are so happy we selected his venue.

Courtney · Married on 08/04/2018

I can't say enough about Angelique and the team at the Golf Club at South River! Selecting the golf club as our wedding venue was hands down the best choice we made in the entire wedding selection process. My husband and I set foot at the club and knew at that moment that the search for our perfect venue was over. Not only is it a gorgeous setting but the professionalism, wisdom and overall quality of the entire team can't be compared.

Angelique was always accommodating to the myriad of questions I asked and offered insights both from her own experience and what she'd seen other brides do at the venue. This included a last minute inquiry around rain contingency plans since there were thunderstorms in the forecast (we lucked out and got no rain!!!) and we planned to hold our ceremony outside under the covered pavilion. Angelique provided numerous options and even proactively reached out to calm my concerns when the weather forecast cleared up! Our day was absolutely perfect! Not only was Angelique great to work with, the team that handled service for the wedding was top notch. They were friendly, incredibly helpful and and were such a great addition to the day. It is amazing to see all of the planning and hard work you put in materialize the team saw the vision and under Angelique's direction it was executed flawlessly!

If you're looking for a wedding venue, you can stop your search now!

The Golf Club at South River 6
    The Golf Club at South River 7

Beth · Married on 11/04/2017

My husband and I only visited one venue, The Golf Club at South River and immediately knew we wanted to get married there. Angelique and her staff (especially Dee) were amazing to work with. We had to change our wedding date about a quarter of the way through planning and they were so wonderful and accommodating. Angelique is quick to answer any emails and inquiries about the most minor little things. Unfortunately, my grandmother fell during our cocktail hour and had to go to the hospital and Angelique made sure she had a box of food to take with her. She also made sure to contact my parents afterwards and see how my grandmother was doing. The whole staff made me feel like a princess for the day and I couldn't have asked for more. They took my vision and put together exactly what I wanted. And the venue speaks for itself. The grounds and the great room are gorgeous. We couldn't have asked for a more wonderful staff to work with or a more beautiful place to get married.

Amy · Married on 08/05/2017

Knew this was the place as soon as we walked in.!Beautiful setting inside and out. Angelique was so easy to work with. Had an amazing day here for our reception and would choose this venue again!

Shannon · Married on 04/15/2017

This venue is beautiful and Angelique and the staff are incredibly professional and helpful. We wanted an intimate, classic venue for my daughters wedding. The golf club was close to home, which kept everything local as we wanted, and because the facility is so nicely built and maintained, our decorations could be minimal allowing the natural beauty of the wood, glass and outdoors to perfectly compliment the ceremony. The options available at the club allow for you to truly customize your event and not have to share or compete your special day with any other event. Angelique is so personable and accommodating and helps to ensure that the day goes according to your plan, helping smooth out any last minute details. The staff was professional, personable and ensured that our guests were well attended. The grounds are gorgeous and well maintained and provided beautiful backdrops for the wedding pictures. I am so very thankful for the availability and assistance of the Golf Club at South River for ensuring the success of our daughter's special day !

Diana · Married on 04/08/2017

Amazing venue! We got married at the Golf Club at South River last month. The venue is absolutely gorgeous. The pavilion is where our ceremony took place... the views were stunning. Our reception was inside. I highly recommend this venue as it’s got the rustic, chic atmosphere. Angelique is the site coordinator and was on point with everything. She has a lot of experience and was great about providing advice, guidance and answering all of our questions. Angelique and her team’s execution the day of the wedding was flawless. It seriously was a special day. Also, not to mention, the food was amazing!! All of our guests raved about it, which you rarely here at weddings. We decided to do buffet style with short ribs ( every guy got seconds) and salmon. I honestly can’t say anything but great things about our experience. This venue was perfect for our special day! Thank you!!

Sherri · Married on 10/29/2016

The Golf Club at South River was the perfect venue for both our wedding ceremony and reception. We were in love with the property the minute we walked inside. The space is absolutely gorgeous with high wood beam ceilings and a stone fireplace. The outside area is just as nice with a cute red bridge and small pond serving as a backdrop (they are also in the process of adding a new patio area with fireplace). The staff at GCSR are amazing!!! We worked with Angelique throughout our planning process. No question was too big or too small, and she was always quick to provide a response and even a recommendation. Very professional and personable. She made sure everything came together perfectly the day of the wedding and that it all ran smoothly. We were so thankful to have her there. All of the food was delicious and perfectly portioned!!! We received so many compliments on the food, service, and on the venue itself. We could not have been happier selecting GCSR. I would highly recommend GCSR!!!

Liana · Married on 10/01/2016

My wedding was amazing dispite the rain and hiccups. Working with Angelique, the wedding coordinator at the venue, was a very pleasant experience! The food was wonderful, venue was beautiful, everyone had a fabulous time!

Ashlie · Married on 08/13/2016

I'm not even sure how I can put into words how amazing my wedding was at The Golf Club at South River, but I'm going to try. Angelique was so amazing to work with. She was attentive and responsive and kept the day flowing so smoothly. Besides the heat (which Angelique informed me was my groom's call), I can say with 100% certainty that nothing went wrong. The venue is stunning and gives off such a classy feel. We went very simple with our decorations simply because of the beauty of the venue, which was such a great decision. I have no regrets on choosing this venue and would definitely recommend it to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!

The Golf Club at South River was a perfect venue for our winter wedding. They left their Christmas decorations up, including the massive Christmas tree that provided a great backdrop for photos. The staff lit the fire in the fireplace which also provided great ambiance. Staff, including Angelique, was extremely helpful, courteous, and professional. The food was delicious and exactly what we were looking for. They were super flexible and attentive is made sure our vision of the wedding became a reality. Everything was absolutely perfect with the venue, staff, location, ease of parking, scenery, and all the intangibles.

Amanda · Married on 10/10/2015

If you are deciding between The Golf Club at South River (SR) or another wedding venue, I HIGHLY suggest you select SR! As soon as we walked into the venue last February, we immediately knew this was the venue for us. We had looked at over 2 dozen other wedding venues, some that charged $5,000 to rent just the grass. SR has 3 beautiful spaces you can choose from for a reasonable price. I would recommend though you rent all 3 (Great Room, Bistro and Outside Pavillion) because you get the entire club to yourself. SR can be decorated the way you see fit, which for us was a romantic candle and lantern filled space. It's th perfect venue for all your Pinterest inspiration!

Since we rented all 3 spaces, we chose the Great Room in front of the gorgeous stone fireplace for our ceremony, had guests proceed outside for cocktails as the sun set and then they headed back into the Great Room for an delicious dinner. After dinner we chose to have guests head into the Bistro where a 5 person band was set up which made the space become our own personal night club for the rest of the night. When the time came for the party to end, we had guests outside to do a sparkler send off in front of the big wooden doors in front of the venue (the pictures are amazing!).

Service was exceptional, as you'll want to work with the wedding coordinator, Angelique Litherland, as soon as you meet her. She was responsive even to my smallest question. Angelique made the entire wedding planning process fun and exciting which significantly decreased any stress I was having over the typical family opinions :) To be truthful in this review, I do not want to paint the picture that everything planned went as expected on our wedding day, as it did not and nor do I know anybody who's wedding does! But by no means was that at the fault of Angelique. It was Angelique who ensured guests never knew anything different! She is someone you want by your side because she is amazing!

Tracey · Married on 09/26/2015

Angelique was knowledgeable, professional, and above all, calm. She genuinely cared about each personal detail, and went out of her way to make sure the Bride got her "dream wedding". She provided information regarding rentals, pricing, and gave us multiple suggestions and ideas when we needed them, and was open to our ideas. She was extremely diplomatic and her team went above and beyond. Every member of her staff was extremely kind and courteous - true professionals. Though the site appears rustic, we had an elegant wedding thanks to Angelique's flexibility. Weddings can be fraught with emotion and conflict, but with Angelique and her staff, we had no worries at all, and they more than delivered. I highly recommend the site, the staff, and most of all, Angelique - she can work with anyone!

Angelique was very nice to work with. She was very helpful and responsive to any questions we had while planning our wedding. When the day arrived, she made sure that everything ran smooth. The venue looked great and the food and service were excellent.

Amanda · Married on 09/12/2015

I absolutely loved the venue and our wedding turned out beautiful! Our wedding was originally supposed to be outside under the pavilion; however, due to the rainy weather forecast, we had determined it would be best to relocate indoors. The general manager allowed us to move the entire wedding and reception inside and the wedding turned out even more beautiful than I had imagined. The staff and Angelique did a fantastic job setting up all of the decorations and providing exceptional customer service to all of our wedding guests! Angelique is one of the nicest and most talented wedding coordinators I have ever met and I could not have created my dream wedding without her! I highly recommend this venue for a wedding or even an event such as a bridal shower! The food is amazing and the staff is absolutely wonderful! Dale and I cannot thank you all enough for making our wedding such a wonderful day!

Tracy · Married on 04/18/2015

Angelique and her staff were fantastic from 8:30 when the bride and her girls arrived to the cocktail hour to the dinner and reception. They went above and beyond and as a member of the club I was very excited, happy and proud of the club.

Jamie · Married on 04/18/2015

Let me first start out by saying WOW to The Golf Club @ South River. You guys went up and above anything we could have dreamed of for our wedding. Angelique was right by our side to help with all of the decisions and turned our choices into our dream. We rented the entire venue, The Bistro area, the Great room, and the Pavillion. We chose The Great Room to have our wedding, the Bistro for cocktail hour, and the pavilion for dinner and back to The Great Room for the reception. For dinner we had the filet mignon, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and all of guests raved about how fantastic the food and service was for 130 guests. While getting ready we had Marta to help us throughout the day with breakfast and lunch, I wish I could take her home with me because she is fabulous. The scenery outside for pictures is beautiful. We could not have asked for a better venue for our wedding. BRAVO to you guys!!!!!!!!

Marie · Married on 11/22/2014

The Golf Club of South River was the perfect place for our wedding. The actual venue alone can speak for itself with their newly renovated rooms. But on top of the beautiful location we received excellent customer service and an incredibly friendly staff who fit right into our special day. Angelique, the director of catering, worked with me and followed through on all that I asked for. She helped me design the exact menu I was looking for and didn't bat an eye when I had a crazy request. The staff of the golf club ALWAYS greeted me with a smile and helpful hand when I was at the club going through details. And on the day of the wedding they were even more friendly and helpful then I experienced leading up to the event. I seriously cannot convey how great of a wedding we had. The food was excellent, the staff was top notch, and the venue itself was exactly what my husband and I dreamed of when we were planning our wedding. All of our friends have said it's one of the best weddings they've ever been to and a lot of that is due to the fact that the Golf Club of South River knows how to put on a party and deliver on their word. I cannot speak highly enough of this venue and staff.

Julieth · Married on 11/01/2014

This place is really beautiful and also offers a great service. Everybody in our party talked about the food, the service, the drinks. Even though when we started the contract with the venue they didn't have a catering manager (we dealt directly with the General Manager John, who was more than helpful and responsive), as soon as Angelique got hired she helped us go through all the details for the wedding, arranged the delicious tasting and promptly responded to all our questions and requests.
    The day of the wedding she was very helpful, even helped to put a sign on the floor for us since we're decorating ourselves. My husband and I, we both thank Angelique and the team for the great job. The food indeed is amazing, I did love it, (I ate a little bit, since was more dancing than anything).
    I will definitely recommended this place for a wedding, however keeping in mind the space I will say that as we did you can accommodate comfortable at least 75 people and have enough space to dance, if you do not need a dancing area, then more people can fit comfortably. We had a blast at our wedding and so did all of our guests. All the team work and stress with my husband was more than worth it.
    Also, the pictures taken outside the venue (lots of green areas and beautiful trees together with a small red bridge are perfect for pictures) came out really nice....

Overall a great experience and we recommend this venue for your wedding or other major party event.

We planned this wedding in less than a month for 100 guests. First of all, the room is spectacular and unique. We had the ceremony there as well. Angelique (Dir of Catering) was truly a professional. From start to finish, she helped with every detail. Food was outstanding. Service impeccable. Can't say enough good things. Receiving compliments to this day from friends and family.

n · Married on 12/23/2017

Our wedding was wonderful! Excellent day of support & everything was seamless. Angelique was great to work with throughout the planning process. The venue is gorgeous. The great hall is natural, relaxed, and inviting, yet also upscale and elegant. The grounds are well maintained, plus you're close enough to wooded areas to get that forest feel.
    Angelique, Dee, and colleagues were so great on the day of that some of my guests even complimented the service too (i.e., "they were super helpful and attentive, yet not pushy or in the way of the party") The food exceeded expectations, as well (we had not done a tasting going in, and it was restaurant quality, not 'catered venue' quality, if that makes sense.) With all that in mind, this was also a great value and they are very transparent about costs, and give honest recommendations (not trying to upsell you unnecessarily) which put us at ease. Highly recommend looking into this venue for your wedding!

Katherine · Married on 04/02/2016

We love working with the South River golf club during the planning process. The staff is kind and efficient and the venue is breathtaking. I would ansolutely recommend this venue for anyone's special day,

Stacy · Married on 09/12/2014

Our wedding went off without a hitch thanks to the staff and event coordinator. Food was excellent, and the room was beautiful. We don't have any complaints. Well done.

Brittany · Married on 11/18/2017

We were absolutely thrilled with our wedding at the golf club!
    The views were beautiful and the staff was very friendly and accommodating! I wish we could have had even longer! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking for a rustic, quaint, beautiful location!

The Golf Club at South River 8
    The Golf Club at South River 9
    The Golf Club at South River 10

Anita · Married on 09/03/2016

Angelique and the entire staff were great! They were very easy to work with and had excellent suggestions. Brides and Mothers tend to be a bit stressed during planning, but Angelique handled everything with patience and grace. I would recommend to rent the entire clubhouse. It was well worth the extra money. All of our guests had nothing but positive comments about the venue, staff, food. Not a single complaint. The value was extraordinary. We could have easily spent twice the amount at another less desirable venue.