The Glenmar Studio Reviews

123 | Roslyn, NY

123 Reviews for The Glenmar Studio

Joni · Married on 09/15/2012

We chose the Glenmar Studio for our 9/15/12 Saturday brunch wedding, & were so pleased we did - we signed our contract with Barbara, who is a delight, & she assigned Alison to be our photographer - she was amazing - arriving early to get all the family & posed photos done before guests arrived, taking beautiful candids when we didn't even know she was there, & getting our 4-year-old flower girl to smile in every pic! Our photos came out gorgeous, Alison took so many beautiful ones it is hard to pick favorites for our album.

Note that budget was also important to us, & Glenmar worked with us to ensure we had beautiful photography at a price we could afford - we decided to go with a digital version only of our pictures - it saved us a substantial amount of money & we didn't sacrifice anything for high-quality photography. We would highly recommend Glenmar Studios!

Sent on 10/31/2012

Valerie · Married on 08/31/2008

Glenmar was great. Barbara is great to work with so if you are calling for an apt ask for her. They did an amazing job on the photography and the pictures were truly amazing. After we were able to get all our pictures emailed to us to share with friends and they had some amazing shots. The video was great as well. they really captured the moment!

Sent on 10/20/2008

Leslie · Married on 06/22/2008

I enjoyed working with Glenmar and am still currently in the process of creating an album. The price was unbeatable, but the engagement shoot photos did not come out wonderful. Having said that, the proofs from the wedding came out beautiful and I expect that the album and video will be just as wonderful.

Sent on 08/10/2008
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth S. · Married on 05/15/2021

Excellent Service, Beautiful work

Glenmar was easy to work with and reschedule due to the pandemic. I had Mike as my photographer, who was great and calming on the day of. The photos turned out great. The video is still pending but I am very excited and know it'll be great.

Sent on 06/09/2021

The Glenmar Studio's reply:

Hi Elizabeth! We're so happy you had such a wonderful experience with us! We can't wait to get you your video!

Kimberly · Married on 06/17/2017

Glenmar Studio did an amazing job from our engagement shoot, our wedding pictures, video and to helping us complete our wedding album. We used Arthur as our photographer for both the engagement shoot and our wedding day. I would highly recommend using Glenmar Studio for any occasion and I'm looking forward to working with them again in the future!

Sent on 07/11/2017

From the moment I saw the books at their studio I knew this would be the photographer for me. We were paired with Melissa who was great. We used her for both our engagement shoot and the wedding. My fiancé is not a big picture taker and she made him feel very comfortable throughout the whole process, which I really appreciated. When it came to photographing us on our wedding day she was very accommodating with our last minute location changes due to the weather. Overall we really enjoyed our experience with glenmar !!!

Sent on 12/22/2016

Jodie · Married on 10/09/2016

I knew once I saw the sample albums this would be the photographer I wanted to use for my wedding. I love photojournalism photos and was excited when we were paired with Melissa for both our engagement shoot and wedding. My fiancé is not much of a picture taker and Melissa made him feel very comfortable throughout the whole process, which I really appreciated. She was super easy going to work with and very accommodating, especially when we had to change reveal shot locations the day of due to weather changes. Overall we were very pleased with glenmar, our photographer and team!!

Sent on 12/22/2016

Patti · Married on 06/26/2016

Ask to meet with the actual wedding photographers before the wedding. Our videographer, and 2 photographers were super personable and professional. Still, it would have been better to meet with them a few days before the wedding. Remember, on the day of the wedding there is so much going on that you may forget what special photos you want.

Sent on 08/20/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 08/28/2010

We went with Glenmar because they did 2 of my husband's sisters weddings, and we liked their albums. They offered us an even better package than what they gave to his most-recently-married sister (who was married 4 years ago) for essentially the same price! We requested the same photographer (Cory) who shot both his sisters' weddings, and I thought he was fantastic. Very funny, and great at getting both families and the bridal party to smile. He also worked great with the little kids in the wedding party. We also used a photojournalist (Jing..not sure on the spelling!) and EVERYONE loved Jing! She got great action shots at the wedding and she was on her hands and knees to get the best angles. We haven't seen our album yet, as we just got married last month, but I'm confident they did an amazing job. The 2 of them worked great together and I felt like they hit everything on my "must-have" photos list, plus a ton more. We also got the videographer through Glenmar, and we are DYING to see our video!
    The engagement pix are the only photos we've actually seen thus far (free with the wedding package) and they came out great. We framed an 8x10 (also complimentary) and displayed it at our wedding. Thanks, Glenmar!

Sent on 09/21/2010

Steve · Married on 10/09/2016

4.2

1st quality professional photography service...our photographer (John) was a pleasure to work with, had plenty of creative ideas and had the whole wedding party relaxed and involved...the proofs came out great and we can't wait to see the final product...

Sent on 11/13/2016

Shari · Married on 05/08/2016

4.2

We used Eli from Glenmar Studio for our engagement pictures and our wedding.

Eli was fantastic- I can't say enough great things about him! We were so happy with how our engagement pictures turned out- we didn't really know what to expect from the whole experience, but Eli made us feel comfortable, helped us figure out what poses worked best for us, and took some great journalistic shots as well. At the wedding he was very professional and checked in with me multiple times over the course of the night to make sure he was getting all the shots we wanted. There was also an assistant/lighting person, so they were able to manipulate the lighting both outdoors and indoors. By the end of the night we really felt like we had a personal connection with Eli, and I can't wait to see how the pictures turn out.

The Glenmar office was a little more difficult to work with. When I initially went to talk with them there was a lot of pressure to sign a contract on the spot, even though I told them I had an appointment with another photographer later that day, and I wasn't going to sign anything until I had talked to all the options. I asked if we could have digital versions of the pictures and the saleswoman said sure, we could make you a facebook album. She didn't tell me that the "facebook album" would cost extra and would only include very low-resolution versions. (Later, they did offer to sell us a CD for an extra $300 with all the high-quality digital versions.) Also, they seemed really surprised when I asked if we could have the same photographer for both the engagement pictures and the wedding pictures, and it took them a few days to arrange it. The whole point of doing engagement pictures (to me) was to test out the photographer and make sure we like the pictures, so I'm not sure why that isn't standard. Overall, I got what I wanted and had a positive experience, but I did have to push to make sure it happened.

Sent on 05/10/2016

The Glenmar Studio's reply:

Hi Shari! We're so happy you had such a wonderful experience with Eli on both your engagement shoot and on your wedding day! He's a wonderful photographer and we are lucky to have him on our team! In reference to the Facebook album, we are not sure what you are referring to. We post about 4 pictures from every wedding on Facebook at no charge. We also included an online gallery separate from Facebook for you to share with family and friends at no charge as well. The package you chose with us was an album package, not a digital package which included all the images printed instead. I am wondering if there is a miscommunication in regards to that since the amount you wrote is not what we charge. We here at the studio always want to hear feedback if there is anything we could be doing better and would be happy to discuss it with you directly. We apologize if it took a little bit of time to schedule your engagement shoot to find the date that worked for both parties, but we have to check with our photographer's personal schedule before we can set up the shoot. As a family run business celebrating our 75th year, we strive to provide you with the utmost quality service and product at all times!

Abbi · Married on 10/09/2010

4.2

You get what you pay for: meaning, you will pay a little more to use them, but your pictures will be high quality, with beautiful photography. The wedding day photographers manage to get great candids and posed shots without being obtrusive. Recommended.

Sent on 02/16/2011

Kristen · Married on 06/11/2005

4.2

I was very happy with the work done by Glenmar Studios. The photographer was willing to come to my parents' home for photos, the church and the reception. He got some great shots at each location. Towards the end of the reception, the photographer pulled my husband and I outside to get some evening shots in the gazebo on the grounds and the results were great. I never would have thought of that and appreciated the photographer's creativity. The album looked great at the end and throughout the process of selecting photos, borders and colors they were very flexible and accommodating.

Sent on 02/22/2008

Tiffany · Married on 06/23/2017

3.5

Our photographer Arthur was amazing. He took beautiful pictures and was very understanding and flexible. My husband and I highly recommend The Glenmar Studio.

Sent on 08/23/2017

Dana · Married on 08/05/2018

Our special day 8-5-18

Melissa and Mike did a great job capturing our special day. The pictures they took came out beautiful. Working with Melissa has been very easy and she makes you feel comfortable both on your special day and before and after when making decisions.

Sent on 02/21/2019

3.4
      1.5
      3.0

Although our photos are beautiful, their packages were kind of set in stone and inflexible. Our album is only allowed to have 65 photos which really limits us and is making me want to create my own album separately. Additionally our parent albums only are permitted to have 18 photos which is nothing and I will have to create additional albums separately for my parents. Pictures are beautiful, but not a lot of bang for your buck when it comes to product.

Sent on 08/06/2013

2.5

I'm mixed about this rating. On the one hand, we got fabulous pictures that I really am very happy about. However, we were very frustrated on the day of the wedding (and the months leading up to it, and the weeks since). I had phone calls go unanswered and on one occasion given incorrect information about my event that made me very nervous about choosing this studio. I had a phone conversation with the photographer about a week before my wedding, and we discussed timing and what I wanted. It seemed like everything was great. But, the day of the wedding, he wanted to go by his schedule instead of mine. When we asked him to be more flexible and do what we wanted instead, he was rude to me (the bride) and my mother! It was completely unprofessional and made me very unhappy. However, eventually he got on the same page as us and it all was fine in the end, but the frustration really was not what I wanted to deal with on my wedding day. Then, a few weeks after the wedding, we called about getting the pictures. We had a package where we'd get all the digital images with 50 retouched, but we wanted to choose the 50. Instead, they chose for us. Again, the pictures they chose were fine and we haven't bothered calling to complain (although I still might), but it was upsetting to us that they ignored this very specific request.

Bottom line- the pictures came out beautiful and the price could not be beat. I'd just make sure that you go over (beforehand) very specifically what you want on the wedding day and after. But if you want to avoid the hassle, maybe go with someone else.

Sent on 10/17/2012

Katherine · Married on 10/29/2006

3.5

Good enough if like myself couldn't afford to hire a top photographer. But was disappointed as I had requested journalistic photos and I have nothing but posed photos. The photographer and videographer were nice enough but I wished I had gone another route. Salespeople at the studio were very pushy for us to sign with them, didn't like it.

Sent on 09/03/2008

Juan · Married on 06/17/2017

1.8
      2.0

We paid more than 5k for what we thought was a full package only to find out that the "special requests" girls listed on the contract wasn't not included even though it was verbally promised when asked. Pictures were ok but I wasn't blown away. The people were nice enough but I felt cheated at the end. We also had to travel there every time we needed to conduct business, Not worth the money

Sent on 07/23/2017

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear you felt cheated. At our first meeting, we ask many questions and go over exactly what you want in your package. We also do our best to work within your budget and clearly state everything included in your package with the total price. We also have a special request section with the costs for things you might want added afterwards. A copy is provided to you with everything listed and itemized accordingly. Without knowing the full details of your event, we are unable to check and have a fully informed conversation with you. As far as traveling to the studio, we only request that for the first meeting so you can physically see our products before booked with us and when you come in to work on your albums so we can have a clear conversation regarding the details of the album. Everything else can typically be conducted over the phone, through email and by shipping. We conduct business with a significant clientele that is out of state which is why we implemented some of these systems.

If you would like to get in touch with us here at the studio, you can chat with your sales representative to clear up any confusion. We would definitely like to speak with you because we pride ourselves in our quality of service and take negative reviews very seriously.

The Glenmar Studio

1.6
      0.0
      0.0

DO NOT choose this company to do your photography! I got married in 2012 and did plenty of research on photographers. Although Glenmar has been around for years and "has a good reputation", I would not recommend them to anyone. At my wedding, the video camera "broke" and the videographer did not record our grand entrance as Mr. and Mrs. I don't blame the videographer at all and he did what he could to fix this. When I watched our video at the studio I was visibly upset because I became aware that our special moment was not captured. Although I was in tears, the manager was very rude. She made me feel like I was over-reacting and asked if any of our guests had a video of it that Glenmar can use (isn't that THEIR job?). It was near closing time so I'm not sure if she wanted to rush us out of there, but she was extremely curt and insensitive. When I attempted to contact the owner by email and phone to complain about the manager's poor attitude and customer service, he was no where to be found. However, when it was time to sell me a second photographer, he was in the studio pitching a sale, trying to make money. I still have not heard from the owner at this point. Another employee called to explain that the manager "was going through a rough time in her life and to excuse her behavior".
    Once I was over the video issue, I went to pick up our 2 parent albums and our wedding album. On both parent albums my name (the bride) was spelled incorrectly!!!! Then, on our album, my husband's name was spelled incorrectly!!!! When I called to tell them about it, the previously mentioned manager answered and blamed us for not finding the mistake on the CD form of the album. She was "nice" enough to fix it free of charge. Why did we pay you THOUSANDS of dollars again???

Sent on 09/11/2013

Julie · Married on 07/01/2017

1.2
      0.5

Watch out! Glenmar COMPLETELY took advantage of me and my husband. As newlyweds who invested in beautiful pictures for our wedding- the owners “policies” are outright dated and ridiculous. They back you into a corner to spend more money with them and withhold the rights to your pictures while they take their sweet time doing their job. They offer the opportunity to purchase a thumb drive with your prints but then without them in order to force you to spend more on thank you’s, album additions, prints, etc. They are sneaky and don’t tell you that their album production is over 6 months. It takes them a long time to put out the trailer. Unfortunate for the photographers who work there because they are awesome- the business is terrible here. Look elsewhere.

Sent on 11/11/2017

The Glenmar Studio's reply:

It saddens us to hear of such an unjust and vicious complaint, after all you said you loved the photographers and the pictures were wonderful. The agreement you signed when we initially sat down with you was discussed in great detail to find out exactly what you're looking for to build the package for your day. Where we had written the "special requests", means we explicitly discussed those as options in order to make your package more affordable at the time of booking. This allowed you to still get great deals after the wedding for the things you wanted. It was also discussed that an album package does not include the high resolution images or rights to the images until after the album is completed and states that exactly and visibly on your contract. Everything is notated on your account so we can see your proofs were ready exactly 2 and a half weeks from your event and you were called multiple times that they were here. Your video was completed 3 months from your wedding which is significantly above average when other companies can take up to or over a year to complete. Your vimeo needed your requested changes to be completed before it could be posted. Our albums are custom designed and have a turn around time still faster than other companies using template programs. Your thank you cards was even back from the lab within four days of when it was approved by you. We are a professional studio celebrating our 79th year with our main goal being for you to go home with wonderful photographic memories of your wedding. We look forward to the day when you pick up your wedding album and leave with an apology and smile on your face. We are hoping that one day you will see that our hearts have been in the right place all along.

Sincerely,
    The Glenmar Studio

Adina · Married on 08/04/2013

1.0

I was extremely picky when I was looking for a photographer. I looked at MANY photographers and when I came across Glenmar Studios, who my wedding hall had recommended, i fell in love with their photos. I made an appointment to meet with them. They showed me albums and discussed what I wanted. The appointment went very well and I signed a contract with them.
    I was so excited for taking pictures and for getting the pictures! After my wedding I had this feeling that the photographer hadn't taken many pictures of me and my husband together, or that he had taken many pictures of the wedding party.
    When I got the pictures a few weeks later, I cried! Cried! Not out of happiness but of complete disappointment.
    The lighting in the pictures was HORRIBLE. If the lighting in the hall is off, they are suppose to edit that or use their own lights so the pictures can come out later. All of the pictures were pink. Everyone's faces were pink. The white curtains behind me in some pictures were pink. We all look pink.
    Looking at the pictures of myself I wish the photographer had guided me on how to pose as I look horrible in most of them. There are a few nice artsy pictures but other than that they suck. There are THREE pictures of my husband by himself, THREE. In these pictures he is sitting awkwardly with a horrible background behind him. The photographer couldn't have repositioned him so that there was a nice background behind him??
    In group pictures, people are positioned extremely awkwardly and there are only 2 pictures per group, typically 1 of which where people were blinking. There are absolutely no individual pictures and I have 1 picture with each bridesmaid and we are sitting down in every one. The pictures are all plain, nothing special, blurry, and just not nice. It was 6 months ago and I am still furious over it, so much so that I am considering retaking my wedding photos.I don't have enough room here to write all of my complaints about my wedding pictures.

Sent on 03/12/2014

Monica · Married on 01/14/2012

1.0

If photos of your wedding are important to you do NOT select Glenmar studios. I looked around for a wedding photographer. I spent a lot of money with Glenmar but at the time didn't mind because I believe you get what you pay for and I wanted really spectacular wedding photos. When I went to meet with my photographer I asked for samples of her work. She then showed me an album with amazing pictures. I was so impressed that I signed an agreement with her and I asked them to even put in the contract that SHE would be my photographer. I heard of multiple instances where people have signed contracts and saw another person show up on their wedding day and I did not one to be one of those people.

Well I should have known something was wrong when I showed up to do a final payment and I saw another couple talking to one of the managers about a different photographer. They asked to see samples of his work and the manager showed them the same book that my photographer showed me on the first day. I saw this happen multiple times. STRIKE ONE.

The day of my engagement photo, my photographer was late because she was trying to get someone else into a contract with her. When we sent to the photoshoot she was rushed, only spent 10-15 minutes with us and when she was done with us...there were two other couples waiting for her. STRIKE TWO.

The day of my wedding, as I walked into my venue I was saying hello to my nephew and I saw some strange older gentlemen taking pictures of me. I looked at him and he said 'Hello, I am your photographer', my reply was 'no your not'...I called Glenmare and they said they hadn't heard from my photographer so they sent this older gentlmen instead. At that point I had no choice. The person was HORRIBLE. He took minimal pictures and rude to my family. I always assumed I would miss my cocktail hour but the photographer kepts pulling me out during my reception...so much that my MC even said something to him. STRIKE THREE and FOUR.

When I got the pictures on a high-res disk, not all of them opened, they were blurry, and when they put our names on the CD covers they had my husbands name completely wrong (not misspelling, a completely different name). STRIKE FIVE.

Glenmar was so horrible. If you care about your wedding photos and you don't want to take any risks. DON"T HIRE THEM.

Sent on 03/10/2012

The Glenmar Studio's reply:

Please accept my deepest apology for having to substitute your photographer. Unfortunately it comes with the territory, since people sometimes feel so sick that its better if they are replaced.
    Everyone here strives to do the very best for our clients, and our staff photographers that we sent to you said you had a wonderfully joyous wedding day. In reviewing the event we feel the photos are terrific and capture the essence of the day. The issue with the disc was a simple technical problem that has been resolved. We are here if you have any further concerns, The Glenmar Studio 516-484-4646.