The Glenmar Studio Reviews

123 | Roslyn, NY

123 Reviews for The Glenmar Studio

Kameal · Married on 07/03/2012

To glenmar studio and their staff. Thank you guys so so much for the wonderful work you've done on my wedding day. To Anna our photographer, she was absolutely AMAZING!!!!! She's always their when you need a picture with a friend or family family, very very patient. If you have any doubt, DONT!!!! This is the place if you ever need a photography or videography. They work with you. So once again, a BIG thank you to glenmar studio.

Sent on 07/16/2012

Great to work with...wonderful photo's.

Sent on 06/24/2012

Kathleen · Married on 05/18/2012

I just used them this past Friday night. We dealt with Joey when we signed the contract and she also happened to do our engagement photos (which we LOVED). Shes awesome! We had Anna for pix and Tom for video the night of our wedding. They were EVERYWHERE without being at all intrusive. I cant see how either one of them missed a thing over the course of the night. Anna orchestrated all of our posed photos with ease and efficiency. She even managed to get and hold my 2 year old nieces attention.The price is perfect. They were on time. Friendly. I would absolutely use them again.

Sent on 05/20/2012

Jessica · Married on 03/31/2012

We used The Glenmar Studio for our March 31 wedding and were incredibly impressed with them from start to finish! They were one of our favorite wedding vendors to work with! Their prices are fair and by far, the best deal and personality of the photographers we spoke to. Our engagement shoot was great, I had a special idea that I wanted to accomplish with the engagement pics and Glenmar delivered, giving us gorgeous pictures that we ended up using as table numbers at the wedding. We hired them for both photo and video at the wedding and even our guests commented on how respectful and professional Glenmar was. My husband and I danced the entire reception and didn't miss a moment of the wedding due to pictures, which is exactly what we wanted. They captured every moment of the wedding in photos, most of which we didn't even know were being taken. I got our proofs within weeks of the wedding and there were over 1,000 pictures to go through!!! Plus, we didn't have a bridal party or much family so the number of photo options they gave us was amazing! We went through them many times because it was so hard to narrow down so many great shots for the album! We met with Glenmar one week after we got our proofs so that we will receive our album as soon as possible!!! Highly recommend this vendor to anyone looking for professional (and not overly stuffy, which many other photographers are) and a beautiful end result to their special day!

Sent on 05/16/2012

Mary · Married on 01/28/2012

As soon as I walked into Glenmar’s studio in February, 2011, I knew that I wanted to have them as my photographer!! My mom’s friends use them for all of their photographer needs and recommended I check them out. I met with Joey and looked through some books and chatted and she showed me John’s album and knew he was the one. I loved his style and he captured all the pictures that I found and liked when I was looking at pictures early in the planning process. I booked them on the spot and felt confident I was in good hands. I called them back in September to schedule our engagement pic shoot and went to take our pictures in October with Joey in a park near their studio. I got the proof CD back within a week and loved all of the pics and had a hard time picking out 50 for the printed proofs!!!

I met Joey a few weeks before to give her the must take list with our final payment and discussed the final details. Everything went smoothly the day of and they made sure they took all the big family pics and the must take pictures that day. John came to the hotel while I was getting ready and Joey went to my DH’s house to take shots of the GM… boy did she have her hands full! Both photographers were always around and taking shots throughout the day… even of things I didn’t even think of. I got a call a week and a half after the wedding saying the proofs were ready and went in after my HM to pick up the 6 very large boxes of pictures… we are still going through them trying to narrow down what ones to pick for the parents album and our album because there are way too many good pictures.

Sent on 03/06/2012

Joanna · Married on 12/03/2011

Glen Mar studios did a fabulous job with our wedding pictures! Tom, my photographer, got every picture I had asked for and more! Mike, the second photographer, was with Greg at the hotel taking pictures and he did an amazing job as well! I loved the candids they took! The only problem now, is deciding which pictures to choose from for our album! It was the best day ever and now, we can be reminded everyday of our perfect wedding with the beautiful wedding pictures!

Sent on 12/10/2011

Cynthia · Married on 08/20/2011

We had Anna as our photographer, she was absolutely amazing, patient, incredibly nice and creative!!! We absolutely loved her!! The customer service at the studio surpassed our expectations as well. Joey made sure we had everything we wanted for the day of and again was very nice and supportive. Their experience shows and we were confident that they would do an excellent job.... which they did! Ive seen some of the pictures already and they look great so far, cant wait for the rest of them!!! I willl use them for future events

Sent on 09/02/2011

Lucie · Married on 07/16/2011

Glenmar was the PERFECT choice for our July wedding. They were professional and responsive during the ENTIRE planning process. Anna was AMAZING!! She also brought another photographer with her which just added to the experience (he was awesome too!) She really captured so many beautiful moments and was such a pleasure to be around!! I do not have the proofs or the video yet but I completely trust the quality I am going to receive! Thank you Glenmar!!

Sent on 08/04/2011

Christine · Married on 09/13/2009

gorgeous pics

Sent on 11/23/2009

Victoria · Married on 09/12/2009

Joey & the entire Glenmar team were amazing to work with. We took the LIRR out to Roslyn from Manhattan and it was well worth the ride! Right away at our first meeting we knew we were in great hands. We were offered a well priced comprehensive package including 4 parent albums (both sets are divorced). The best part is the parents will work directly with Glenmar to pick their own shots!
    Our engagement shots, which were included complimentarily, were perfect and our experience at our wedding was top notch. We are confident they took wonderful shots - including some truly adorable pictures with the vintage cab we rented (Joey had me get on the hood to pose!!) For formal shots, they dealt with both our divorced families seamlessly and politely commanded our large wedding party so that we got all the shots and still had time to enjoy our cocktail hour! Joey's communication and professionalism throughout the entire process kept us at ease� at the reception, every time I thought �oh I hope they catch this!� - Joey & her assistant were right there! Their price for the NYC area was excellent; we strongly suggest working with Glenmar!

Sent on 10/06/2009

Sally · Married on 07/17/2009

Glenmar did such a great job! I barely even knew they were there- yet they captured every great moment!

Sent on 08/16/2009
  • Y

Yonit · Married on 07/12/2008

Glenmar is a wonderful vendor to work with. They were very professional and did a beautiful job with our photos!

Sent on 08/18/2008

Theresa · Married on 04/27/2008

This studio was great from beginning to end. The photographer was so funny and handled our party really well. He definitely remained in the background and did not take us away from the party for long.

Sent on 05/21/2008

Joey · Married on 11/21/2012

Glenmar is absolutely AWESOME!! I hired them for my wedding in November and they were incredible to work with from the beginning until well after my wedding! Their prices are very reasonable and they made the day of my wedding go so smoothly! They knew my venue so well they brought us to take pictures in spots that I would have never even thought of!!! My only complaint... I had SO MANY pictures to choose from it was so hard to decide what I wanted in my album!! (But they were amazing helping through that process too!)

Sent on 04/05/2013

Laura · Married on 05/07/2011

We've recently used Glenmar Studio for our Wedding. We sat with Joey to talk about our wedding and she was extremely helpful and helped us create the ultimate package for a price we could afford. We even got a free engagement shoot! The photographers we used for the wedding were both very professional and the images came out wonderful! Would definately recommend to anyone!

Sent on 09/24/2011
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/25/2019

Beautiful!

Glenmar Studio, but especially our photographer, Dana, was amazing. He got beautiful shots, while I also didn't feel like I was just taking pictures all day. He was very prepared and even had safety pins on him when my bustle broke on the dance floor so it could be mended on the spot. Glenmar was affordable with high end beautiful pictures.

Sent on 12/05/2019
  • Stacy

Stacy · Married on 10/27/2018

Enjoyable experience

we had a great time working with our photographer and videographer at our wedding. I cannot rate them as excellent yet as we have not received any pictures yet so I am rating off of a prewedding/day of view. Glenmar had wonderful communication with us as any time we called or emailed, they always promptly answered our questions. We did not do an engagement shoot so the first time we met our photographer and videographer was the day of the wedding. I wish we could have met them prior or at least had a conversation with them prior but thats not really how this vendor operates.
    Both the photographer and videographer were on time the day of and they were both very friendly and casual from the start. They did their best to make us feel comfortable and tried to stay on schedule as much as possible.
    We didn't give them a list of pictures that we wanted as i figured they would pretty much know but i would probably recommend providing a list just to avoid missing any as I believe there were a few we missed.
    The videographer did a great job of being there but not being obtrusive.
    Hopefully our pictures and video turn out as wonderful as our experience.
    We did not think to ask the photographer and videographer if they could provide any sneak peaks, probably our fault, and i do know the turn around time is a bit long but if you ask, maybe they can provide.
    Either way, I would recommend Glenmar studio

Sent on 11/02/2018

Christina L. · Married on 10/19/2018

great experience with Glenmar

Glenmar was our first and only choice for photography based on a friend’s review and I am so glad we chose them. We had mike for both our engagement pictures and wedding pictures and they are amazing! The entire team we had with us the day of was professional, friendly, and great at what they do. Our pictures came out amazing.

Sent on 03/26/2019

Kim A. · Married on 05/26/2018

My husband and I worked with Mike. Right from the start when we were still deciding on a photography studio, I got a good feeling when we walked in to Glenmar and met Mike. He is so professional, fun, and great to work with! The engagement shoot was so much fun! I was surprised at the number of shots! They are so beautiful! When we were discussing the timeline of our wedding, and I talked about how worried and stressed I was about the travel time from church to reception, he was so supportive and reassuring! We absolutely love the photos from our wedding! He captured every highlight! Choosing the photos for our album is quite an enjoyable challenge. Going through our photos brings that special day back to life!

The only con that I could think of is the price of the parent albums, for additional photos. But that's it.

All in all, my husband and I highly recommend Glenmar Studios and Mike. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 08/14/2018

Jen · Married on 10/08/2016

My husband and I got married this past October, 2016. We selected Glenmar about 1 year before our wedding day and did our engagement shoot with them in Central Park the November before the wedding. We knew pretty much immediately that our main photographer, Melissa, was going to do an amazing job on our wedding day. The day of our wedding was a little different than we'd hoped - it was rainy, humid and gray...definitely not the bright, sunny fall day we had imagined when we started planning. Our team from Glenmar, Melissa, Jing, Ashley and Alan, were up for it. They were professional, they kept everyone in good spirits, they didn't get in the way, and most importantly, they got almost every shot we wanted. Our pictures are great. We haven't completed our album yet, but Glenmar has shown to be more than reliable and trustworthy. They were one of the best choices we made on our wedding day.

Sent on 03/11/2017

Shayna · Married on 06/05/2016

Just had our wedding about 6 weeks ago... Glenmar did an engagement photo shoot with us. We had Mike. He was so fun and made us so comfortable. He picked a super scenic lake out in Roslyn for us and the shots were gorgeous. At the wedding, he and a team of 3 other guys came to take photos beforehand (the dress, the bridal party, close family) and then took photos throughout the evening. They caught superb moments of action on the dancefloor, and also amazing "reaction shots" of the guests... was an absolute pleasure to work with them. One tiny thing--- the photos that you get at the end of it are just "proofs" meaning they aren't technically of 100% quality.... I honestly can't really tell the difference, especially since there's no watermark or anything..... but a little annoying that there's an extra step... other than that, nothin but love!

Sent on 07/10/2016

Gina · Married on 11/12/2011

I used The Glenmar Studio for the photography services for my wedding back in November. I have to say I got a great deal on a package that was customized to my needs. Glenmar was professional throughout the whole proccess and our photographers were helpful on our wedding day. We are so glad we got the second photographer, who is a photojournalist. The photojournalist shots were so romantic and it was totally worth it to add another photographer. We got our pictures very shortly after the wedding and they came out great! Glenmar studio is definately someone to go with :]

Sent on 12/31/2011

Liz · Married on 08/26/2007

These guys were great. We went there to check it out (feeling a little silly after having checked out another few photography studios and deciding they were all cheesy and needlessly full of themselves) and looked through some albums. There were a few albums of which we just loved the photography. They turned out to be from the same photographer, John. They checked and John was clear on our wedding date, so we booked him right away. We met him for a second, but we had seen his work and it was exactly what we were looking for - something natural, something real, no staged or fake-looking shots.
    They gave us a free engagement photo shoot, which was funny. I think it was the owner that shot us, and he was real nut (in a good way). He made us laugh and out of those shots came a few nice, natural, calm pictures. He was even working in a blackout (there was a storm outside and all the power had gone out)! He managed to find the right light and made us look good.

On the day of the wedding, John did a good job. He was quick and got all the family stuff out of the way efficiently, so the wedding party could go out and shoot. He made us go out onto the sand, which was great in the end b/c the pictures were amazing, but we all ended up with sand in our shoes and it actually delayed the whole wedding, I had to get my shoes cleaned out (and the sand got stuck to my dr. scholls gel pads, and I had to find other pads, it was kind of a mess for a little bit). If you have a wedding near a beach, you might want to talk to John about this in advance. I say YES go for the beach pics, but find something to do about your shoes - maybe everyone gets barefoot or something.

To be honest, John was a little perverted in some of the jokes he was saying. I mean he didn't offend anyone particularly, but I could have done without the boob jokes. I guess he was just trying to make us laugh so we'd have natural-looking smiles. But he listened to us mostly and didn't make us take cheesy, staged photos (well, just a couple of them), and he stole a lot of great shots from everyone while we were enjoying ourselves. I am glad he pulled my husband and I out during the reception for 10 mins to take shots on the balcony in front of the sunset and gorgeous orange full moon.

The pictures came out FANTASTIC. Our albums are spectacular. I only wish we could have put MORE pictures in there, b/c it is hard to narrow down like 200 amazing shots into 60. (and we had selected about 200 amazing shots from about 500 mostly-decent shots).

It was pretty expensive to get extra 4x6's, 5x7's and 8x10's for our friends and family, but i think it was necessary, there were just so many good pictures, people needed to have them!

Sent on 07/14/2008

Steve · Married on 06/01/2013

3.5

Alison and the team at The Glenmar Studio did were extremely responsive to answer any and all of our questions. The Glenmar Studio has in business a long time and it shows. They knew exactly how to cut time out by getting pictures ahead of time at the hotel for the groom's side and made sure she captured each configuration of parents, family, friends etc. We saw a few proofs so far from what was posted on the Facebook page and they came out great so we are excited to see the rest. Alison and team were extremely professional and fun! Our engagement photo shoot was a lot of fun and whenever we brought in our son Aiden to the store, the other photographers would take him and color with him or play with him so we could discuss business. We had a great experience dealing with the Glenmar Studio! I would recommend to my other friends getting married.

Sent on 07/01/2013

Jen · Married on 08/25/2018

Great experience working with this vendor. Our photographer was very helpful.

Sent on 09/26/2018