The Glenmar Studio Reviews

89 The Glenmar Studio Reviews
  • Concetta

Concetta · Getting married on 03/06/2020

Engagement Photos

From our initial meeting, I knew Glenmar was definitely the company for us. I came to the studio with an engaged friend of mine and we sat with Michael, he did amazing for a joint appointment. Neither of us felt neglected or that one wedding was more important than the other, mind you Glenmar is her venues preffered vendor. After this, I came back for a second appointment with my fiancée, Michael again showed us some videos and shared some albums with us and he was so informative and kind, also never pushy. We recently took our engagement photos in Central Park and Mike was AMAZING!!!! He was prompt and professional... but most of all FUN. He made us feel very comfortable and combined with his artistic eye and some shots we specifically wanted he truly outdid himself. The turn around for the photos were not bad either, only 2 weeks. My main reason for reviewing is I just wanted to share how warm and welcomed we felt by not only this company but the photographer we have chosen, he answers any question that pops in my mind and never has me feel like a burden and to me that is very important. We can not wait until our wedding!!

The Glenmar Studio 1
    The Glenmar Studio 2
    The Glenmar Studio 3

Sara · Married on 06/02/2018

We had an amazing experience with Glenmar! They are all so help and professional! We got married June 2 and are already able to see how photos less than 1 month later. Michael was amazing to work with and he is so talented! We recommend Glenmar to anyone!!

Jeanine · Married on 04/21/2018

From start to finish, the entire Glenmar team has been great to work with! My now husband and I are originally from Long Island, but live in North Carolina and were getting married on Long Island. We were able to do an initial appointment in person & met with Alison (?) who welcomed us to their studio and showed us everything they offer. She said they would be able to work with us over the phone with all the planning. The day of the wedding, the photography team was amazing. Three of them (including videographer) were with myself at my house while another photographer was at the hotel with my husband while the boys got ready. They helped us get all of the pictures we had planned out that we wanted. They also got creative by having my dad take his corvette out (his other baby) and take pictures of us with that haha. During the ceremony and reception the team was on top of keeping things moving and captured some beautiful moments. I loved that throughout the reception there was always at least 1 photographer (I forgot her name, sorry!) by my side to make sure we got a picture of everything we wanted. We did have a small issue with the venue as they completely forgot to put our favors out &were rude about it, but the Glenmar team actually stepped in and helped set them up (and managed to take some pictures of them too!). That moment truly showed me how dedicated this company is to making sure the bride and groom are happy. After the wedding the team followed up in a timely manner and even shipped all of our proofs to our home in NC. We then were able to send them back the pictures we wanted for the album, our thank you and other prints. We skyped with Rachel who showed us our album options, talked about the pictures we chose for the album and discussed any edits we wanted with certain pictures. I was nervous about doing all this planning from NC, but they made the process so easy and were so accommodating. We highly recommend The Glenmar Studio!

• Tatyana

Tatyana · Married on 04/06/2018

We booked Glenmar for our wedding on 4/6 in Brooklyn/Staten Island. We were blown out of the water on our wedding day. Our photographer and videographer made us feel comfortable the entire time. We picked up our proofs last week and we couldn't be more pleased. I can't wait to see the video! Thanks again!

Audrey · Married on 03/03/2018

We were very pleased with our photos from our March wedding! John & Jing were a perfect team - their photography styles were very complementary. They were an absolute pleasure to work with and captured perfect moments. We had a long list of 'must have' shots, and the team executed all of them with efficiency. We took advantage of the free engagement shoot, and our photographer, Jing, was amazing! I really can't say enough good things about Jing - she understood my style and personality, and gave me exactly what I wanted! The only draw back to Glenmar is that they don't offer digital proofs as a part of their wedding packages (it's an additional fee), and while the physical proofs arrived promptly, I would have liked to have the digital ones sooner so I could share with family and friends. Regardless, Glenmar is an absolutely incredible value - the quality of their work is consistent with photographers in NYC that charge 2-3 times more. I highly recommend Glenmar Studio!

Christine · Married on 02/10/2018

Glenmar, Thank you for such an amazing experience! From the very beginning of booking with Jessica, to our engagement shoot with Arthur, to the day of with Arthur, Jess, and Ross, the entire experience was fun and stress free. Arthur kept my husband and myself calm and laughing every time we saw him. He traveled to Breezy Point, Queens for our engagement shoot and took the most breath taking photos. The day of the wedding Arthur and Ross, the videographer, came to the hotel where I was getting ready and were so organized and really made me feel at ease. I can not wait to see the photos with my bridal and flower girl.
    Anna went to my husband's house to take photos of him and his groomsmen and he raved about her as well. Anna was actually a last minute add because our original second photographer got sick. Glenmar called my maid of honor the morning of the wedding and explained the situation to her to alleviate any stress on me. They had the situation already handled but wanted us to be aware of the change . Their quick fix and professionalism made what could have been a stressful situation, one that really was a non issue.
    When we got to the recepti0n hall, Arthur and Anna were quick and efficient in getting us some photos with the bridal party outside before the rain started.
    Through out night, Anna, Arthur, and Ross were constantly moving around taking candid and group photos. I can not wait to see all the photos they took.
    Towards the end of the night, as Arthur was getting ready to head out, he noticed the weather cleared up and took my husband and I outside for some stunning photos in a light drizzle of rain. He showed us the photos on his camera and we loved them,so I can only imagine how much more stunning they are printed out.
    Thank you Glenmar for making our wedding day, one we will always remember! We can not wait to see what we sure will be stunning photos and video!

Gabriella · Married on 11/04/2017

The Glenmar Studio was one of the recommended vendors from our venue, The Royalton, and with that on top of their reputation and a ton of research, it was an obvious choice and we are SO happy that we went with them for our wedding photography & videography. We did our complimentary engagement shoot with Mike and we instantly knew we would not be disappointed. Mike, Jing, Russ and the whole Glenmar Team were absolutely amazing throughout the whole process and so easy to work with. Before the wedding, they made sure they had all of the details, knew the relationships and names of our closest family and friends, and their attention to detail was so appreciated. Their work says it all (check out their Instagram & website), but they got the most beautiful, amazing shots, both formal and candid, which is exactly the style we explained we wanted. Mike, Jing and Russ made us, our bridal party and family so comfortable and they made the day FUN - which was so refreshing since the formal pictures especially, could get tiring for everyone. They were quick and efficient in getting all of the shots done the day of our wedding so we were able to enjoy it, enjoy our cocktail hour and was overall stress free. On top of all of that, they are very reasonably priced. While we only received our proofs so far, we can’t wait to see the final products, but we know we will not be disappointed. Check them out ASAP!

Sharylis · Married on 11/03/2017

Working with Glenmar Studios was a pleasure. From the start with Jessica who won us over, to Allison who helped calm our pre-wedding jitters, and Joey who was super helpful and patient when it came time to pick our album pictures. Our November 3rd wedding would not have been the same without Melissa, Hunter, and Mike. They were super personable, professional, and accommodating. They truly have an eye for this! My husband and I couldn’t wait to get home to go through our proofs so we looked through them in the parking lot. It was difficult for us to narrow it down to just 50 pictures for our album because they were all so beautiful, we actually ended up picking 100 pictures! We are looking forward to seeing our thank you cards, album, and especially our video.

Myroslava · Married on 09/24/2017

Glenmar Studio was the top studio on our venue's photo studio list. And now I see why. Our venue explained us that they only worked with the best and therefore it was very helpful to have a list to pick from. Glenmar Studio was my husband's first pick and I am glad we followed his choice. Definitely the best photo studio we could possibly find for our wedding. From the initial appointment experience through the wedding day and all the magnificent work they put into finishing our albums and prints. Great photographers, professionalism and quality of work were excellent. We were very happy with the price and left their studio with the final album beyond happy. All the requests, changes, professional advice and understanding made our experience with this studio enjoyable. We will definitely recommend them to our family and friends. Awesome work!

Lindsay · Married on 09/02/2017

My husband and I scheduled an appointment with Glenmar as the first vendor we looked into after securing our venue (it was on the list of recommended vendors). After that experience, they really set the bar high. We initially met with Jessica, who was the sweetest! She was both professional and fun, open and honest, and very reassuring about how amazing all of their photographers are. We booked with Eli, and we couldn’t have been happier. He did our (free!) engagement shoot, so we got to spend the day getting to know him before the BIG day. We were very impressed with his creative eye, and overall the pics came out amazing! On the big day, nothing was different. He was perfectly on time, took great shots of my dress/shoes/ring/flowers, and then handled our large bridal party and different family photos. Overall, he helped the day run very smoothly, and we are very grateful!! We highly recommend.

Brac · Married on 07/28/2017

Mike and Jenny did a fantastic job at our wedding at Jericho Terrace on July 28, 2017.

Glenmar is a top notch photography company and we would recommend them in an instant to anyone looking for photography for their wedding,

Can’t wait to see our completed album!

• Caryn

Caryn · Married on 05/28/2017

Glenmar Studio did an amazing job from executing our engagement shoot to helping us complete our wedding album. We used Mike as our photographer for both the engagement shoot and our wedding day. On our wedding day, he came with an assistant, who took additional pictures to capture different vantage points. Additionally, we used Alan for videography. They were all fabulous and worked so well together. They know how to maintain a professional and fun atmosphere at the same time. Even with a large bridal party, they made the whole process seamless. We had some personal situations arise, and they were able to handle them with professionalism and ease. Going to the studio is always enjoyable, since the entire team is so accommodating. The quality of our pictures was amazing for both events. It was extremely hard to choose pictures for our album, as one was as beautiful as the next. Luckily they helped us select the best ones so we could stay within our budget. To this day we still get compliments on the save-the-date magnets they designed for us. We highly recommend using Glenmar Studio to our family and friends for any occasion and we are looking forward to working with them again in the future!
    -Caryn & David Kleinman

Rana · Married on 03/18/2017

My wife and I got married at Giorgio's in Baiting Hollow in March of 2017. After an extensive search for a photographer, we chose Glenmar due to their competitive pricing, customer service, and overall quality. Our point person was Jessica, who couldn't have been more warm and caring, especially with my wife and my mother in law. Our main photographers were Melissa and Rachel and we were very happy with the results. We got all the photos we wanted and some great action shots from throughout the night. Glenmar was very patient with us when it came to edits and getting our album together and were able to do some really impressive touch-ups. All in all we were very happy with our Glenmar experience and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a great wedding photographer.

Vanessa · Married on 02/19/2017

I'm not sure why when you search for Glenmar Studio on The Knot they appear twice, but I will review them on both pages because I love them that much! I got married on February 19th, 2017 at the Swan Club. For my wedding I had two videographers and two photographers. My main point of contact from the day my husband and I signed our contract, through our engagement shoot, up until our big day was Mike. When I tell you I could not have been more pleased with the service from the day we signed up for our package all the way through to the last dance of our wedding. I hate to call it service because using Glenmar felt like we were working with a set of long lost friends we never knew we had. When we sat in the studio we had an amazing time looking at samples of work, previewing a wedding video, and getting to thumb through simply stunning examples of wedding albums. An added bonus for us was Glenmar having such a great relationship with The Swan Club, our already booked venue for the wedding and reception. For our wedding itself, their shots were the perfect mix of poses and candids. They hit all the highlights any bride and groom would want, but no shot ever felt forced. Likewise, if there was anything you wanted that wasn't done, Mike and his crew were more than happy to make it happen. I could literally go on and on about the our entire experience, but all I can say is this: if you are looking to hire an amazing photography/videography studio with amazing personal service, fantastic response time, and just great overall energy- Glenmar is most certainly the studio for you. If you are reading this and you are torn between Glenmar and another studio; trust me, do not think twice. Once you choose Glenmar, you can sit back and relax and stress about other decisions- because you'll never regret choosing them. : ) Special Thank You to Mike and Russ- for really capturing our day in High Definition <3

Nicole · Married on 11/19/2016

We used them for our Nov wedding & could not be happier!!! Great photographer & videographer!!! The proofs look amazing & we can't wait to see the final products!! They were on time & professional! Anytime you email or call the studio they are very friendly and helpful! I will definitely use them again!

Elizabeth · Married on 09/17/2016

Very nice team, always there to answer any questions and calm your thoughts. We had two different photographers between our engagement photo-shoot and wedding. Both were amazing at what they do, very fun and made the experience all the more memorable. I would recommend glenmar studio to anyone.

Chris · Married on 09/05/2016

The Glenmar Studio was EXCELLENT! Throughout the entire process, their availability and flexibility on many things made the whole process of picking a photographer for our wedding very easy and accommodating. The whole wedding process is very stressful but Glenmar Studio made it so that we had one thing we knew we did not have to worry about. My only advice would be to start the process very early just to assure dates/times are secure. We received a free engagement shoot which was beautiful. The wedding pictures came out phenomenal, our photographer and videographer were excellent, on time, funny, kind and very good at what they do. I highly recommend Glenmar Studio for any wedding or occasion.

Kendra · Married on 07/29/2016

I was referred to Glenmar Studio by a colleague and I could not have been happier with them! I loved our photographer, Melissa, who also did our engagement/family shoot, and our pictures were amazing(even with an uncooperative toddler)! I haven't seen our wedding photos yet, but I'm sure we will be just as pleased! Both Melissa and our videographer, were on time, personable, professional, and worked very well together! They weren't in our face all night, but rather quietly stalked us all night and let us enjoy our "Big day", and only pulled us away when a perfect photo op presented itself! I would and have already highly recommended Glenmar Studio to friends!

Christina · Married on 07/15/2016

We absolutely loved Glenmar. Allison, John, and Russ (videographer), were all wonderful! They were very professional and made us feel like our money was well spent. We got married on July 15, 2016 and already have our photos online! We also loved our engagement shoot. Allison was great and really listened to what we wanted for our pictures. Loved working with them!!!!

Afrodite · Married on 07/09/2016

We used Glenmar Studio for our wedding photography and videography. They were one of the easiest vendors to work with. Leading up to the wedding they were so easy to get in touch with, whether it was phone calls or e-mails, they were quick to get back to us. We had Arthur and Jing as our photographers as well as Jose as our videographer. Everything was wonderful. They all arrived on time and were very professional throughout the day, however still fun and personable. We had a list of specific group shots and poses, etc that we wanted and they managed to get most of them, which is great since we had a large wedding and they had to run around a lot. Arthur was snapping away and would even show us some shots as he took them. Right away we thought they were wonderful. When we picked up our proofs (which was sooner than expected) we were very happy with the results. Jose, the videographer was always present but never "in your face". We are very excited to pick up our video. Thank you for all your hard word Glenmar!!

Kim · Married on 06/18/2016

We can not describe how wonderful glenmar made us feel during our planning and wedding day. They went well beyond the call of duty. We booked the photographer and videographer like 2 years in advanced from the wedding. It was to be my gift from my father as me and my husband were paying for everything else. Unfortunately 6 months before the wedding my father was diagnosed with cancer and he could no longer pay for the videographer. I explained that to them that I wanted to cancel the videographer. They took the time to see if they can get the price down to be reasonable for my dad but he couldn't pay that either. I appreciated that more then anything and then they offered the videographer for free as a gift from the owner. I was more then lost for words and still am emotional as giving as they were to my family. They were wonderful the day of and I enjoyed my night to the fullest. Thank you glenmar and I will recommend them to anyone.

Also they did a wonderful job on our save the dates so perfect. Just love them.

Heather · Married on 06/11/2016

After my sister used Glenmar for her wedding in 2007, I met with them to discuss my own wedding in June 2016. The photographers are so friendly and easy to work with, and the pricing was very reasonable for the packages. We had two photographers on our wedding day, Dana and Carolyn, and a videographer, Russ. Each had a great eye for our shots and a friendly and professional demeanor that made it easier to relax in front of the camera. For our engagement photos, we worked with Mike, who was funny and immediately made us feel at ease. I highly recommend Glenmar for your wedding photos and video!

Michelle · Married on 05/21/2016

Very Family Oriented, photographers are friendly and personable as well as the company has done multiple weddings in my family. Originally had a different contract but got pregnant and things had changed due to lack of income to support our special day. Glenmar was more willing to accomodate our contract changes and even gave us a break considering the circumstances. The photos capture the most beautiful moments of my day, thank you Eli and Mike, you both are awesome!

Ashlee · Married on 04/16/2016

We had our engagement photos done with them and they came out great! We also got them back in record time!

We just got married on 4/16/16 and we used Glenmar Studio for our wedding as well and Allison was amazing!!! She was so flexible and made sure that we got every shot that we wanted and how we were doing. She was extremely friendly and such a pleasure to have at our wedding, she truly helped to make our wedding day great!! We would highly recommend her to anyone!!

Jennifer · Married on 10/03/2015

My photos are amazing and 3 months later i still love looking at them. Glenmar was very accommodating and they let me send them a bunch of photo ideas i found on pinterest and the photographer was able to get almost all of them (some couldn't be done due to the hurricane outside!). I would recommend them to everyone, they were perfect and helped make our wedding perfect. I still get tons and tons of compliments from our guests about how great they thought the Photographer himself (Dana) was and how beautiful all the pictures came out. Ask for Dana if you can, just perfect.