The Gibbonses Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Staci
    Staci S. Married on 09/10/2022

The Best Decision We Made

Brandon and Jackie were the first vendors we booked for our wedding. My wife saw them perform years ago and knew that they would make our wedding very special - and she was 1000% right!

From the first phone call we had with Brandon, we were in amazing hands. He was super interested in finding out what was important to us and what we wanted for our wedding. They send you a thorough Google Doc to fill out your music preferences, including must-plays and don't-plays. That Google Doc really helps organize and drive the conversation when you have your final phone call prior to the wedding. When we got to that call, Brandon and Jackie were so wonderful. So committed to listening to us and making sure they understood our vision for the day.

Day of the wedding - AMAZING. Brandon ran sound for the ceremony and then DJ'd cocktail hour. When you get married, you don't get to participate in cocktail hour, because photos, but we could hear it, and it sounded like a blast. Brandon has a great presence as a DJ and got everyone pumped for wedding party intros and then kept things moving during the toasts and special dances. He's an awesome Emcee!

Once Brandon and Jackie kicked off their band set, the party got started. I got texts from people in the middle of the reception telling me that the music was great. Multiple people pulled me aside to tell me, "This band is AWESOME!" Our guests were up and dancing. It was a PARTY. They played all of the songs we requested and created some special moments for us that we will remember forever. And that was before the DJ set started and they blew the roof off the place in the best way possible. Jackie is SO MUCH FUN on the dance floor! She got everyone involved!

We just could not be happier with our experience with Brandon and Jackie. They're amazing and we will be forever grateful that they made our wedding so special.

The Gibbonses's reply:

WOW!! I mean Ryan.. there are no words (which is weird for me lol)!! Thank you so much for the incredible kindness and detail that went into this review. We had SO much fun at your wedding. One of the greatest of all time!! - Jackie (& Brandon)
  • Ashley
    Ashley P. Married on 04/23/2022

We are so lucky :)

The Gibbonses are amazing! We are so lucky 😊 Brandon and Jackie were the perfect choice for our wedding. They explained that they are not just a band, or a DJ, but a group that can manage the entire event when it comes to the audio and music. The entire experience was professional and well thought out. They have an excellent template that is crafted especially for your event to ensure everything was thought through and played to perfection. This includes edits and splices to songs to make the perfect time requirements. All the timing was flawless, and the music was exactly what we requested. The two are extremely fun and energetic. Everyone loved the music, singing karaoke, dance lines and the conga. Jackie even let us borrow her tambourine and shakers so we could be a part of the band. Overall, our wedding was such a great experience. The Gibbonses should be everyone’s choice for any special occasion!

The Gibbonses's reply:

Thank you so much Ashley! It was such an honor to be a part of your and Steven's special day! Y'all were so much fun to work with throughout the whole process and the night itself was incredible! :)
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 02/27/2022

A total party

I can’t express with words how thankful I am that I found The Gibbonses to play at my wedding. Jackie and Brandon are honestly some of the sweetest people I have ever met and their music SLAPS.
    We ended up having our ceremony outside, cocktail hour in the foyer of the venue, and then the reception in the big reception hall. This required 3 set ups and The Gibbonses were able to provide this and did so happily.
    I haven’t even got to the actual reception yet. The second the dance floor opened up, people were out there and the party never stopped from there. Jackie really knows how to work a crowd and keep people having the time of their lives.
    I had multiple people ask where I found them and compliment them. At one point The Gibbonses play another banger and my 51-year old father shouts out “THEY JUST WONT LET ME LEAVE THE DANCE FLOOR!!” and proceeded to end up in the middle of a dance circle.
    So I’ll end with this. If you want your wedding reception to be the biggest party of your life, and you’re looking for vendors that you know are going to be there for you, I would 250,000x’s over recommend The Gibbonses.

The Gibbonses's reply:

OMG Lauren! Thank you so much for the BEST REVIEW EVER! We can't tell you how much fun with had with you, Andrew, and your guests! We're so grateful that we got to be a part of your special day! It was a great way to kick off our wedding season for sure! Y'all please keep in touch! :)
    Jackie S. Married on 12/04/2021

Amazing Live duo band!

The Gibbonses were so easy and fun to work with! They are very talented musicians and they help keep your event lively throughout its entirety. Not only will they make your event even better than you imagined, but you will become friends with these guys! They will get to know you and learn your style and make a lasting memory at your event!! I cannot say enough good things about this amazing trio. Yes, I said trio because their stage manager is amazing as well!

If you are looking for a wedding band or even just a musical act that helps keep your party vibe going, The Gibbonses are the way to go!!

You will not be disappointed! 🤗

The Gibbonses's reply:

Awe! Thanks so much, Jackie! We had so much fun working with you guys as well! Thanks for letting us be a part of your special day, and I'll be sure to pass this on to Cynthia! She'll appreciate the shout-out! Happy New Year and please keep in touch! :)
  • Elysa
    Elysa S. Married on 11/27/2021

Amazing!!!!

Hiring The Gibbonses made our day extra special and way more memorable. Just a back story, we already had hired a DJ for a wedding(deposit paid). Few weeks later, I saw an IG story of The Gibbonses performing in a wedding. from a local photographer. I immediately knew I had to get them for our wedding day! Long story short, we forfeited our contract with the DJ and hired The Gibbonses for their full package( live performance, Emcee, dj). We do not regret it. My husband says that his most favorite part of the night was me walking down the aisle while the band sang the song “How Long Will I Love You” beautifully!!! Several guests were asking how we found them as they were really outstanding and entertaining!

The Gibbonses's reply:

Awe! Thank you so much, Elysa! We had such a blast working with you and Ivan! We're so glad you found us and that we were able to be a part of your special day! And please tell Ivan thanks again for the parting gift! I'll be enjoying that for quite some time! ;)
    Kayla M. Married on 10/02/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Could Not Ask for a Better Wedding Band!!!

Where do I even begin... Brandon & Jackie are absolutely AMAZING!!!! I have nothing but wonderful things to say about them. From the very beginning of my wedding process at our first meeting they were professional, so kind, responsive and flat out just a BLAST to work with. I originally had an outdoor wedding planned and the night before the wedding it was a complete flooded, downpour. I of course panicked, called Jackie and told her we had to move locations. They were completely understanding and simply said "send us the new address and we will be there." I can't tell you how calming that was to this anxious brides heart! and they did, they showed up and put on a SHOW, at the end of the night I was begging them to stay longer! we did not want the night to end. Brandon & Jackie completely led my ceremony and reception and it went off without a hitch. It was perfect, they keep the crowd dancing on their feet and everyone had a blast. since my wedding I have had several people that attended reach out and ask for their contact information because they want to use them again at their own events! I would get married 10x over again just to have Brandon & Jackie play again! Do not hesitate, book them, you will not regret it one bit!!!

The Gibbonses's reply:

Wow Kayla! Thank you soooo much for this amazing review!!! You and Jud we so much fun to work with! As far as the great flood and last-minute venue change...we were SO IMPRESSED with how you guys not only pulled that off in 15 hours but you it was done so BEAUTIFULLY! And though I'm sure you were freaking out on the inside, you didn't show it one bit! Such a good time! We'd be more than happy to play for you two 10xs over! ;)
    David D. Married on 09/04/2021

Go with The Gibbonses

Jackie and Brandon were the one thing that we knew from the word go that we could depend on, and we were right to believe that.

Absolute professionals, and true artists, they kept the collaborative spirit alive throughout every facet of the process.

The talent, the versatility, they are everything you could want and the only thing you will need.

They made the night just that much better, and these two are bonafide angels. Their attention to detail in the venue from the stage size to acoustics, to placement inside the cocktail hour ballroom, to working with the venue and advocating for us kept things going at a pretty fast pace leading up to the big day.

The proof was there from day one. Jackie, despite being injured, was all gas and no brakes on the day of. Brandon could herd cats with how good he is with a crowd.

Amazingly talented, dependable, everything you could ask for.

Do yourself and the wedding a favor, make it that much more special; Call the Gibbonses.
    Mendi C. Married on 06/26/2021

Amazing couple!

These two made our wedding a hit! There was absolutely nobody that could’ve been any better. From communication to set up to execution everything was perfect, not to mention how AMAZING they sound!! HIGHLY recommend for any event!!!

The Gibbonses's reply:

Awe! Thanks so much, Mendi! Y'all were so much fun to work with and we're glad we got to be a part of your special day!
    Rachel F. Married on 04/10/2021

Incredible

Brandon and Jackie provided full service entertainment for our wedding on April 10th and were the PERFECT addition to our day! They were willing to travel several hours to our venue, arrived hours early to get setup and ready to go and provided literally EVERYTHING we needed from officiant’s lapel mic, ceremony music (and let a friend of mine sing with Brandon), both live music and DJ for cocktail hour and reception and MCeed the entire night! They do a great job of reading the crowd and getting people out on the dance floor. We’ve had tons of compliments since the wedding on how much everyone enjoyed the Gibbonses - we would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for wedding/event entertainment. TOP NOTCH!

The Gibbonses's reply:

Rachel, we LOVEEEEEEEED your wedding! Like SO SO much! It was just the epic party we wanted to throw after 2020! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of the experience! -Jackie
  • Kati
    Kati L. Married on 04/03/2021

Amaze-Balls

I can't say enough now much everyone LOVED LOVED LOVED the Gibbonses at our wedding. They are 100%, hands down one of the BEST decisions we made while planning our wedding. They are both so amazing and down to earth, FUN, FUNNY, TALENTED & flat out the highlight to our night. From working with a friend of ours who sang during our ceremony to making sure the dance floor was constantly full. They didn't disappoint. We threw them a curve ball at the end of the night and they hit a home run. I promise, you won't be disappointed. They now feel more like family than just a vendor. Their energy is contagious and you'll end up keeping their originals on your Playlist, I promise. We just loved these two and can't wait to hopefully see them in concert somewhere. ❤

The Gibbonses's reply:

Thank you so much Kati! OMG girl, we had such fun with you, Derek, and all of your guests. It is no small feat to pull off planning your own wedding, and WOW, your attention to detail from the decorations to the programs, to the Easter Egg hunt for the kiddos...and of course the VW Bug bar!!! Absolutely amazing! Y'all don't be strangers now ya hear! ;)
  • Carolyn
    Carolyn M. Married on 11/21/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

An absolute DREAM of a duo!

The Gibbonses absolutely rock. Jackie and Brandon are incredibly talented, organized, put-together, and above all — so fun! Working them was a breeze. We had a few calls with them before the wedding to chat about our vibe as a couple, what we hoped for for the reception, etc. They asked questions I would never have even thought about and learned a couple of my husband’s and my favorite songs to play at the wedding. Our guests RAVED about them — seriously, these two have serious singing/guitar/drumming/you name it skills. Their set-up is perfect, and Brandon MC’d our entrances, toasts, dances, etc. You can tell that these two know and LOVE what they do. Their coordinator also was present at the wedding and got some of the songs on video, which was such a lovely surprise to see when it was all over. I hope I get to throw a big party and work with them again!!!

The Gibbonses's reply:

Ahhhhhhh!!! ☺️🤸🏻‍♂️✨ thanks darling! Such sweet sweet words! You were such a dream to work with and so organized as well! You MAN did you look so beautiful! Took my breath away when you entered.. I’ll never forget it. ☺️ I can’t imagine ending 2020 any other way than the thrill of Stacy’s Mom and the energy in that room!! -Jackie
  • Megan
    Megan L. Married on 11/14/2020

Outstanding!

FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC! We had lots of variety in our set list and people who NEVER dance were dancing that night. They perfectly executed our ceremony by keeping everyone on track and helping the entire wedding flow naturally from event to event. There was nothing stuffy about them and everyone said it was the most unique/FUN/Concert like/but intimate entertainment they had seen at a wedding. They provided mc services, ceremony music, live music and a DJ booth!! Their voices are insanely great!!! Sooooo much to offer and they over delivered what they were selling!!! Seriously a flawless setup! They also had their own coordinator to be the eyes and ears during the wedding and she was awesome too! Such a professional group of people and insanely fun!! Not only would I hire them for your wedding but any event they would absolutely CRUSH!! So happy! Look forward to hiring them again for our next big event!

The Gibbonses's reply:

OK, WOW. Megan this review is equally Fan-Freaking-Tastic!! You were SUCH a joy to work with. I loved our calls and all of our prep work together, and our texting-Gif-game so much!! Your wedding will stick out to us for years to come. You could just feel so much love and support for you and Ruben's marriage, and all that you had accomplished as a couple already. You certainly over delivered on your end too with turning a brand new piece of property into a wedding reception!! Thanks for everything. And may your marriage be as epic as your wedding day! - Jackie
  • Lauren
    Lauren B. Married on 11/07/2020

We love the gibbonses!

Jackie and Brandon may have been the highlight of our entire wedding! They were both SO fun, easy to work with, took the time to get to know us individually, and learned custom songs just for our ceremony and first dances. They knew exactly how to set the tone for the whole evening. We have been to several weddings where the mic stops working mid-ceremony or there are technical difficulties and we had such a fear that that would occur at our wedding, but nope! Brandon and Jackie nailed everything to a T! During the cocktail hour, they played a beautiful acoustic set, and when it was time for the reception, they brought the party. Jackie has so much energy and got the whole room moving and having an amazing time. And not to mention, she’s an unbelievably talented singer. Brandon absolutely crushed the DJ set too. I’m not lying when I say that every guest at our wedding took the time to tell me and my wife how much they loved the Gibbonses. We can’t imagine our day having been without them, and I cannot possibly recommend them more highly.

The Gibbonses's reply:

Lauren we absolutely LOVEDDDD working with you and Blakely! Everything was so organized and orchestrated to make for such a wonderful day we could all seriously enjoy!!! So much love to you both and someday when the Pandemic is behind us, I can’t wait for the 4 of us to share drinks & memories in Seattle! ❤️ Jackie
    Ryan S. Married on 09/05/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Exceptionally Talented musicians supplying positive party vibes

Amazing, talented duo. Great musicians and awesome people, having the Gibbonses perform at our party took it to the next level. The music and energy level was perfectly matched with the event and they were instrumental in controlling the tone of the party. Perfectly engineered sound and musical talent for days, we'll definitely keep track of them musically, hire them repeatedly and recommend them voraciously ;)!

The Gibbonses's reply:

Thanks, Ryan! It was such a fun event to be asked to be a part of. Really glad you reached out to us. You will always win the award for the most-awesome backyard pool design in the history of backyard pools. Hope your transition to Texas has been smooth and enjoyable.
  • Ian
    Ian S. Married on 07/25/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Easily the best decision we made for our wedding

Jackie and Brandon were awesome to work with! Not only is their sound and song selection great but they were with us every step of the way. EVEN during all the COVID craziness, they were available to talk through details and remind us that it was our day. We truly can't recommend the Gibbonses enough!

The Gibbonses's reply:

Thanks for such a kind review Ian, and more importantly for being SO great to work with throughout the entire planning process! You guys were seriously awesome, even through such a WILD time in history, you two kept making it work!
    Alyssa C. Married on 07/18/2020

Wedding Band

I honestly wish I could give Jackie and Brandon 10 stars right now!!! We got married on 7/18/20 and I can't express enough how AMAZING they were!!! If you're looking for the perfect, outgoing, humble, fun band/DJ around, look no further. They are the best to work with, easy to communicate with, and just flat out incredible at what they do! Myself and our guests couldn't stop raving about how awesome they were and for them to only be two people, yet output the sound of a 10 person band. It's just unbelievable!!

The Gibbonses's reply:

Honestly Alyssa— I wish I could also give you 10 stars as a bride! Your trust in us to do what we do best is the stuff vendor dreams are made of!!! Such a joy and a pleasure. I’d give anything to have an excuse to do it all again! ♥️😉
  • Valerie
    Valerie B. Married on 06/06/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The Gibbonses Made Our Day!

Jackie and her husband were the perfect duo for our wedding. They performed during our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. It was an outdoor wedding in sweltering heat, but people were dancing all night! Jackie and I hit it off during our first phone call. They are super organized and I knew they genuinely cared that this day be as stress free and perfect as it could be. They did a site visit with me that they offered to do. I definitely don't plan weddings every day, so the organizational documents they provided ahead of time had me thinking of all the details that I probably would have missed otherwise. They also have an amazing equipment setup that just took the pain away from thinking of things like microphones for the officiant and us. Extra equipment to handle moves between different sites on the venue (ours had three different areas they had to prepare!)

The ceremony was beautiful and simple, and the reception was setup for live band (they sound much bigger than 2 people!) and DJ. Even when they were transitioning to DJ, Jackie and Brandon kept the party going. They were very engaging, and they truly tailored the evening to me and my husband.

They are genuinely nice, talented and energetic people. We received tons of compliments from our wedding guests!! I would hire them again in an instant!

The Gibbonses's reply:

Ahh Valerie, what a sweet review!! Thank you so much. I couldn't agree more, we definitely hit it off from our first phoner and I absolutely LOVED working with you all year long!! ❤️ Congrats on your new marriage, you two are precious and made for each other!
  • Carsyn
    Carsyn F. Married on 05/28/2020

Amazing Performance!

Can not find enough ways to say how amazing the Gibbonses. The entire performance blew us away! They had the crowd entertained by knowing exactly what songs to play and killed it on the performance the whole time! Their vocals are amazing, they are charismatic, and makes everyone want to get up and dance. I can not recommend the Gibbonses enough! They were a huge highlight for my wedding and make the reception fun, lively and got everyone up and having a great time. They are easily a 10/10!

The Gibbonses's reply:

Ahh Carsyn thank you thank you!! We needed that night post-quarantine as much as you did! Thank you for the opportunity!!
    Howie P. Married on 04/11/2020

Sensational and Incredible

My wife and I got married on 11/16/19 and the entire wedding planning process all the way up until the reception party was extremely stressful as you would imagine. I was tasked with handling the Entertainment and Alcohol for the Wedding Reception and I had seen The Gibbonses perform in Dallas at The Rustic whilst enjoying a nice Saturday afternoon with friends and cocktails! After 3 songs, I knew I HAD to have them play at our wedding. This incredible Husband and Wife combo had the sound of a 10-piece band with Jackie playing a FULL drum set standing UP (which I've NEVER seen in all my days of live music) and her husband Brandon jamming guitar, bass, harmonica, and what sounded like turn tables! Jackie's voice is angelic hitting very strong powerful vocals while Brandon guitar soloing like he was Jimmy Hendrix! They played songs from every genre you could imagine, and the energy NEVER stopped. Our wedding seemed like a 20,000-capacity amphitheater concert with The Gibbonses playing live, we danced for hours and hours and could've partied until sunrise! I would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend The Gibbonses for any wedding band as they do NOT disappoint. They can literally play ANY song, from any genre, from any time period AND they have killer original music as well. Book them fast because someday they will be big time and not playing weddings anymore, they are pure talent!

The Gibbonses's reply:

WOW.. Howie, I have no words. This is the kindest thing I've ever read! You and your guests were the rowdiest and most fun crowd we've ever had the pleasure of entertaining and I'm thrilled to hear that you all had as much fun as we did!! -Jackie
    A Chung Married on 03/03/2020

It was a pleasure to work with The Gibbonses Band

They made my job so easy. From start to finish The Gibbonses band were simply delightful. The value for a top notch performance was worth every penny. They are gonna blow up soon and become a mainstream band, because I couldn't believe their range of music and really reacting to the audience and keeping them engaged. The duo performing were awesome, every single one of my guest at my large company function commented how good the band was. I would hire them again for future professional and personal events. Thank you, Audene

The Gibbonses's reply:

OH my goodness Audene, this is the sweetest thing I've ever read! Thank you so much for your kind words and I'm thrilled to hear that you and your company enjoyed it as much as we did! :)

We can't WAIT to work with you again.
    -J
  • Max
    Max B. Married on 11/02/2019

Best Band Ever!

We were introduced to The Gibbonses just 6 weeks before our wedding and were so impressed with how quickly they jumped into action and went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. And, their music is AMAZING. A seriously talented duo.

The Gibbonses communication and attentiveness was top-notch. Jackie and/or Brandon responded to emails within minutes or jumped on quick calls to make sure everything was covered. My fiancée and I can be indecisive and the Gibbonses were able to recommend songs for certain parts of the ceremony and reception that we went with. They knew exactly what kind of music & mood we were going for and quickly learned a handful of songs that were special to us. We even threw a last-minute request in and they were so accommodating and professional.

The Gibbonses (and their awesome sound engineer, Cynthia) exceeded our expectations on the day of the wedding. They have a clean, stylish setup and immediately picked up the energy with their music. My fiancee is not a big dancer yet they somehow found a way to make her comfortable getting on the dance floor. We can’t even remember how many people came up to us to ask us where we found them and to tell us how amazing they were. Book The Gibbonses for your next event. You will not be disappointed!

The Gibbonses's reply:

OMG MAX! What an amazing and kind review!!! Just read it out load to Brandon and we’re both smiling from ear to ear hearing how happy you guys were with our services! You guys were awesome to work with on every measure.
    Thanks again! Happy marriage to you both!
  • Betsy
    Betsy C. Married on 09/26/2019

Fantastic!

What a talented duo! They had the crowd up and dancing and the song selection was so on point. Brandon was super responsive and made sure every t was crossed and i was dotted on their end.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 03/02/2019

So easy to work with!

The Gibbonses are hands-down the best duo in Dallas! As a wedding planner, they are extremely easy to work with leading up to each wedding, always quick to respond and are true professionals in every aspect. They work hard to ensure they are providing everything the couple wants and more. Having their sound tech on-site helps a ton for ease of communication and timing. Jackie and Brandon are so talented and always blow me away - guests love Jackie on the drums! They are truly versatile and perfect for soft background music, ceremony music and getting people on the dance floor. I highly recommend The Gibbonses and can't wait to work with them on the next one!

The Gibbonses's reply:

Stephanie your review means the world to us! We love working with you on events SO much I can’t tell you!!! Thanks for a wonderful partnership!
    Brett C. Married on 05/20/2017

Wedding Vibes

Brandon and Jackie were outstanding at our wedding. They were just what we were looking for and have an amazing range of musical ability. They are two of the most talented musicians we have ever heard.

The Gibbonses's reply:

Brett this is so sweet. Thank you so much for the review!!! You and Tasia were TOO easy to work with! Super organized and the wedding of my personal dreams! ♥️🤓🙋🏻‍♀️
    -Jackie