The Gibbonses Reviews

20 | Aubrey, TX

20 Reviews for The Gibbonses

• Lisa

Lisa J. · Married on 06/19/2021

AMAZING and worth it! They will be part of weddings EVERYONE remembers!

After booking the venue, this was our next stop! The Gibbonses were absolutely AMAZING! Our guests couldn’t stop raving about them! They are so professional and got their ish together! I mean, it was flawless. They do it ALL! Aside from their talent, I wanted honest, fun, and caring people to be at our wedding. Jackie and Brandon are just that and more! It made our day even more special having them apart of it! I would pick them a thousand times over! You should too 🤍

Sent on 07/26/2021

Rachel F. · Married on 04/10/2021

Incredible

Brandon and Jackie provided full service entertainment for our wedding on April 10th and were the PERFECT addition to our day! They were willing to travel several hours to our venue, arrived hours early to get setup and ready to go and provided literally EVERYTHING we needed from officiant’s lapel mic, ceremony music (and let a friend of mine sing with Brandon), both live music and DJ for cocktail hour and reception and MCeed the entire night! They do a great job of reading the crowd and getting people out on the dance floor. We’ve had tons of compliments since the wedding on how much everyone enjoyed the Gibbonses - we would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for wedding/event entertainment. TOP NOTCH!

Sent on 05/13/2021

The Gibbonses's reply:

Rachel, we LOVEEEEEEEED your wedding! Like SO SO much! It was just the epic party we wanted to throw after 2020! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of the experience! -Jackie
  • Kati

Kati L. · Married on 04/03/2021

Amaze-Balls

I can't say enough now much everyone LOVED LOVED LOVED the Gibbonses at our wedding. They are 100%, hands down one of the BEST decisions we made while planning our wedding. They are both so amazing and down to earth, FUN, FUNNY, TALENTED & flat out the highlight to our night. From working with a friend of ours who sang during our ceremony to making sure the dance floor was constantly full. They didn't disappoint. We threw them a curve ball at the end of the night and they hit a home run. I promise, you won't be disappointed. They now feel more like family than just a vendor. Their energy is contagious and you'll end up keeping their originals on your Playlist, I promise. We just loved these two and can't wait to hopefully see them in concert somewhere. ❤

Sent on 05/16/2021

The Gibbonses's reply:

Thank you so much Kati! OMG girl, we had such fun with you, Derek, and all of your guests. It is no small feat to pull off planning your own wedding, and WOW, your attention to detail from the decorations to the programs, to the Easter Egg hunt for the kiddos...and of course the VW Bug bar!!! Absolutely amazing! Y'all don't be strangers now ya hear! ;)
  • Carolyn

Carolyn M. · Married on 11/21/2020

An absolute DREAM of a duo!

The Gibbonses absolutely rock. Jackie and Brandon are incredibly talented, organized, put-together, and above all — so fun! Working them was a breeze. We had a few calls with them before the wedding to chat about our vibe as a couple, what we hoped for for the reception, etc. They asked questions I would never have even thought about and learned a couple of my husband’s and my favorite songs to play at the wedding. Our guests RAVED about them — seriously, these two have serious singing/guitar/drumming/you name it skills. Their set-up is perfect, and Brandon MC’d our entrances, toasts, dances, etc. You can tell that these two know and LOVE what they do. Their coordinator also was present at the wedding and got some of the songs on video, which was such a lovely surprise to see when it was all over. I hope I get to throw a big party and work with them again!!!

Sent on 01/24/2021

The Gibbonses's reply:

Ahhhhhhh!!! ☺️🤸🏻‍♂️✨ thanks darling! Such sweet sweet words! You were such a dream to work with and so organized as well! You MAN did you look so beautiful! Took my breath away when you entered.. I’ll never forget it. ☺️ I can’t imagine ending 2020 any other way than the thrill of Stacy’s Mom and the energy in that room!! -Jackie
  • Lauren

Lauren B. · Married on 11/07/2020

We love the gibbonses!

Jackie and Brandon may have been the highlight of our entire wedding! They were both SO fun, easy to work with, took the time to get to know us individually, and learned custom songs just for our ceremony and first dances. They knew exactly how to set the tone for the whole evening. We have been to several weddings where the mic stops working mid-ceremony or there are technical difficulties and we had such a fear that that would occur at our wedding, but nope! Brandon and Jackie nailed everything to a T! During the cocktail hour, they played a beautiful acoustic set, and when it was time for the reception, they brought the party. Jackie has so much energy and got the whole room moving and having an amazing time. And not to mention, she’s an unbelievably talented singer. Brandon absolutely crushed the DJ set too. I’m not lying when I say that every guest at our wedding took the time to tell me and my wife how much they loved the Gibbonses. We can’t imagine our day having been without them, and I cannot possibly recommend them more highly.

Sent on 12/07/2020

The Gibbonses's reply:

Lauren we absolutely LOVEDDDD working with you and Blakely! Everything was so organized and orchestrated to make for such a wonderful day we could all seriously enjoy!!! So much love to you both and someday when the Pandemic is behind us, I can’t wait for the 4 of us to share drinks & memories in Seattle! ❤️ Jackie

Ryan S. · Married on 09/05/2020

Exceptionally Talented musicians supplying positive party vibes

Amazing, talented duo. Great musicians and awesome people, having the Gibbonses perform at our party took it to the next level. The music and energy level was perfectly matched with the event and they were instrumental in controlling the tone of the party. Perfectly engineered sound and musical talent for days, we'll definitely keep track of them musically, hire them repeatedly and recommend them voraciously ;)!

Sent on 09/08/2020

The Gibbonses's reply:

Thanks, Ryan! It was such a fun event to be asked to be a part of. Really glad you reached out to us. You will always win the award for the most-awesome backyard pool design in the history of backyard pools. Hope your transition to Texas has been smooth and enjoyable.
  • Ian

Ian S. · Married on 07/25/2020

Easily the best decision we made for our wedding

Jackie and Brandon were awesome to work with! Not only is their sound and song selection great but they were with us every step of the way. EVEN during all the COVID craziness, they were available to talk through details and remind us that it was our day. We truly can't recommend the Gibbonses enough!

Sent on 08/30/2020

The Gibbonses's reply:

Thanks for such a kind review Ian, and more importantly for being SO great to work with throughout the entire planning process! You guys were seriously awesome, even through such a WILD time in history, you two kept making it work!

Alyssa C. · Married on 07/18/2020

Wedding Band

I honestly wish I could give Jackie and Brandon 10 stars right now!!! We got married on 7/18/20 and I can't express enough how AMAZING they were!!! If you're looking for the perfect, outgoing, humble, fun band/DJ around, look no further. They are the best to work with, easy to communicate with, and just flat out incredible at what they do! Myself and our guests couldn't stop raving about how awesome they were and for them to only be two people, yet output the sound of a 10 person band. It's just unbelievable!!

Sent on 07/21/2020

The Gibbonses's reply:

Honestly Alyssa— I wish I could also give you 10 stars as a bride! Your trust in us to do what we do best is the stuff vendor dreams are made of!!! Such a joy and a pleasure. I’d give anything to have an excuse to do it all again! ♥️😉
  • Valerie

Valerie B. · Married on 06/06/2020

The Gibbonses Made Our Day!

Jackie and her husband were the perfect duo for our wedding. They performed during our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. It was an outdoor wedding in sweltering heat, but people were dancing all night! Jackie and I hit it off during our first phone call. They are super organized and I knew they genuinely cared that this day be as stress free and perfect as it could be. They did a site visit with me that they offered to do. I definitely don't plan weddings every day, so the organizational documents they provided ahead of time had me thinking of all the details that I probably would have missed otherwise. They also have an amazing equipment setup that just took the pain away from thinking of things like microphones for the officiant and us. Extra equipment to handle moves between different sites on the venue (ours had three different areas they had to prepare!)

The ceremony was beautiful and simple, and the reception was setup for live band (they sound much bigger than 2 people!) and DJ. Even when they were transitioning to DJ, Jackie and Brandon kept the party going. They were very engaging, and they truly tailored the evening to me and my husband.

They are genuinely nice, talented and energetic people. We received tons of compliments from our wedding guests!! I would hire them again in an instant!

Sent on 06/16/2020

The Gibbonses's reply:

Ahh Valerie, what a sweet review!! Thank you so much. I couldn't agree more, we definitely hit it off from our first phoner and I absolutely LOVED working with you all year long!! ❤️ Congrats on your new marriage, you two are precious and made for each other!
  • Carsyn

Carsyn F. · Married on 05/28/2020

Amazing Performance!

Can not find enough ways to say how amazing the Gibbonses. The entire performance blew us away! They had the crowd entertained by knowing exactly what songs to play and killed it on the performance the whole time! Their vocals are amazing, they are charismatic, and makes everyone want to get up and dance. I can not recommend the Gibbonses enough! They were a huge highlight for my wedding and make the reception fun, lively and got everyone up and having a great time. They are easily a 10/10!

Sent on 06/17/2020

The Gibbonses's reply:

Ahh Carsyn thank you thank you!! We needed that night post-quarantine as much as you did! Thank you for the opportunity!!
  • Howie

Howie P. · Married on 04/11/2020

Sensational and Incredible

My wife and I got married on 11/16/19 and the entire wedding planning process all the way up until the reception party was extremely stressful as you would imagine. I was tasked with handling the Entertainment and Alcohol for the Wedding Reception and I had seen The Gibbonses perform in Dallas at The Rustic whilst enjoying a nice Saturday afternoon with friends and cocktails! After 3 songs, I knew I HAD to have them play at our wedding. This incredible Husband and Wife combo had the sound of a 10-piece band with Jackie playing a FULL drum set standing UP (which I've NEVER seen in all my days of live music) and her husband Brandon jamming guitar, bass, harmonica, and what sounded like turn tables! Jackie's voice is angelic hitting very strong powerful vocals while Brandon guitar soloing like he was Jimmy Hendrix! They played songs from every genre you could imagine, and the energy NEVER stopped. Our wedding seemed like a 20,000-capacity amphitheater concert with The Gibbonses playing live, we danced for hours and hours and could've partied until sunrise! I would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend The Gibbonses for any wedding band as they do NOT disappoint. They can literally play ANY song, from any genre, from any time period AND they have killer original music as well. Book them fast because someday they will be big time and not playing weddings anymore, they are pure talent!

Sent on 03/12/2020

The Gibbonses's reply:

WOW.. Howie, I have no words. This is the kindest thing I've ever read! You and your guests were the rowdiest and most fun crowd we've ever had the pleasure of entertaining and I'm thrilled to hear that you all had as much fun as we did!! -Jackie

A Chung · Married on 03/03/2020

It was a pleasure to work with The Gibbonses Band

They made my job so easy. From start to finish The Gibbonses band were simply delightful. The value for a top notch performance was worth every penny. They are gonna blow up soon and become a mainstream band, because I couldn't believe their range of music and really reacting to the audience and keeping them engaged. The duo performing were awesome, every single one of my guest at my large company function commented how good the band was. I would hire them again for future professional and personal events. Thank you, Audene

Sent on 03/11/2020

The Gibbonses's reply:

OH my goodness Audene, this is the sweetest thing I've ever read! Thank you so much for your kind words and I'm thrilled to hear that you and your company enjoyed it as much as we did! :)

We can't WAIT to work with you again.
    -J
  • Max

Max B. · Married on 11/02/2019

Best Band Ever!

We were introduced to The Gibbonses just 6 weeks before our wedding and were so impressed with how quickly they jumped into action and went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. And, their music is AMAZING. A seriously talented duo.

The Gibbonses communication and attentiveness was top-notch. Jackie and/or Brandon responded to emails within minutes or jumped on quick calls to make sure everything was covered. My fiancée and I can be indecisive and the Gibbonses were able to recommend songs for certain parts of the ceremony and reception that we went with. They knew exactly what kind of music & mood we were going for and quickly learned a handful of songs that were special to us. We even threw a last-minute request in and they were so accommodating and professional.

The Gibbonses (and their awesome sound engineer, Cynthia) exceeded our expectations on the day of the wedding. They have a clean, stylish setup and immediately picked up the energy with their music. My fiancee is not a big dancer yet they somehow found a way to make her comfortable getting on the dance floor. We can’t even remember how many people came up to us to ask us where we found them and to tell us how amazing they were. Book The Gibbonses for your next event. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/14/2019

The Gibbonses's reply:

OMG MAX! What an amazing and kind review!!! Just read it out load to Brandon and we’re both smiling from ear to ear hearing how happy you guys were with our services! You guys were awesome to work with on every measure.
    Thanks again! Happy marriage to you both!
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 03/02/2019

So easy to work with!

The Gibbonses are hands-down the best duo in Dallas! As a wedding planner, they are extremely easy to work with leading up to each wedding, always quick to respond and are true professionals in every aspect. They work hard to ensure they are providing everything the couple wants and more. Having their sound tech on-site helps a ton for ease of communication and timing. Jackie and Brandon are so talented and always blow me away - guests love Jackie on the drums! They are truly versatile and perfect for soft background music, ceremony music and getting people on the dance floor. I highly recommend The Gibbonses and can't wait to work with them on the next one!

Sent on 11/07/2019

The Gibbonses's reply:

Stephanie your review means the world to us! We love working with you on events SO much I can’t tell you!!! Thanks for a wonderful partnership!

Brett C. · Married on 05/20/2017

Wedding Vibes

Brandon and Jackie were outstanding at our wedding. They were just what we were looking for and have an amazing range of musical ability. They are two of the most talented musicians we have ever heard.

Sent on 11/12/2019

The Gibbonses's reply:

Brett this is so sweet. Thank you so much for the review!!! You and Tasia were TOO easy to work with! Super organized and the wedding of my personal dreams! ♥️🤓🙋🏻‍♀️
    -Jackie

Stephanie · Married on 02/28/2017

Remarkable Music Performance and Planning

Jackie and Brandon are the BEST wedding band we’ve ever encountered. From initial consult, Jackie was the most understanding, professional, and humble musician we consulted when it came to finding a vendor who would listen and provide all of our needs for live music, DJ, and MC. What we loved the most about our experience with the Gibbonses was their ability to help us every step of the way from detailed reception timeline planning, consulting, and providing suggestions to make the reception run as smooth as possible with their own expertise from their many years of experience. Live music was my number one priority in choosing our music vendor and I really hit the Jackpot with this team. They filled our day with such joy, love, and breath taking memories due to their amazing flexibility and adaptability to follow the mood and vibe of the party. It was truly outstanding how they took all of the stress away that day to help run the reception so smoothly so that my husband and I could just enjoy our time to celebrate together worry-free. They were able to play live music for the entire cocktail hour and a 3-hour reception with endless compliments from our guests and family about the vocal quality, adorable chemistry, and amazing performance energy the entire day. They will not disappoint in making your wedding day as special as possible.

Sent on 07/18/2021
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 11/05/2016

Perfect for our perfect day!

Me and my husband hired The Gibbonses for our wedding reception and it was the best decision! They played a variety of music and kept the party going all night! They were very professional and easy to communicate with! They were even kind enough to MC for us throughout the night for things such as the cake cutting, bouquet toss etc. It was a great decision booking The Gibbonses for our wedding day! They truly helped bring our celebration to life!

Sent on 11/01/2019

The Gibbonses's reply:

Thanks for such a sweet review Emily! You were great, gorgeous, and a breeze to work with!! Hope you and your sweet family are doing great!

Dan V. · Married on 10/12/2013

The Gibbonse’s made our wedding very special

Jackie and Brandon played music for my wedding and I’ll never forget how amazing they were! They worked wonderfully with our schedule and we’re absolutely amazing. I can’t say enough good things about them and I really couldn’t imagine my wedding without them. Such a great memory!

Sent on 11/07/2019

The Gibbonses's reply:

Thank you so much Dan! You two were the best to work with on ever measure. Love the lifelong friendship that the 4 of us have now! ♥️
    Love to Amanda
  • Cindy

Cindy F. · Getting married on 12/02/2021

Great Performers

Jackie and Brandon were great to work with. They responded to my emails quickly prior to the event and were always professional. Their performance was wonderful and everyone enjoyed them!

Sent on 03/05/2020

The Gibbonses's reply:

Cindy, thank you so much for a sweet review and for being so wonderful to work with! Hope you made it back home safe and we look forward to working with you again when you come back to Texas. :)