The Gibbonses Reviews

11 | Aubrey, TX

11 Reviews for The Gibbonses

Alyssa Clark · Married on 07/18/2020

Wedding Band

I honestly wish I could give Jackie and Brandon 10 stars right now!!! We got married on 7/18/20 and I can't express enough how AMAZING they were!!! If you're looking for the perfect, outgoing, humble, fun band/DJ around, look no further. They are the best to work with, easy to communicate with, and just flat out incredible at what they do! Myself and our guests couldn't stop raving about how awesome they were and for them to only be two people, yet output the sound of a 10 person band. It's just unbelievable!!

Sent on 07/21/2020

The Gibbonses's reply:

Honestly Alyssa— I wish I could also give you 10 stars as a bride! Your trust in us to do what we do best is the stuff vendor dreams are made of!!! Such a joy and a pleasure. I’d give anything to have an excuse to do it all again! ♥️😉
  • Valerie

Valerie Bostrom · Married on 06/06/2020

The Gibbonses Made Our Day!

Jackie and her husband were the perfect duo for our wedding. They performed during our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. It was an outdoor wedding in sweltering heat, but people were dancing all night! Jackie and I hit it off during our first phone call. They are super organized and I knew they genuinely cared that this day be as stress free and perfect as it could be. They did a site visit with me that they offered to do. I definitely don't plan weddings every day, so the organizational documents they provided ahead of time had me thinking of all the details that I probably would have missed otherwise. They also have an amazing equipment setup that just took the pain away from thinking of things like microphones for the officiant and us. Extra equipment to handle moves between different sites on the venue (ours had three different areas they had to prepare!)

The ceremony was beautiful and simple, and the reception was setup for live band (they sound much bigger than 2 people!) and DJ. Even when they were transitioning to DJ, Jackie and Brandon kept the party going. They were very engaging, and they truly tailored the evening to me and my husband.

They are genuinely nice, talented and energetic people. We received tons of compliments from our wedding guests!! I would hire them again in an instant!

Sent on 06/16/2020

The Gibbonses's reply:

Ahh Valerie, what a sweet review!! Thank you so much. I couldn't agree more, we definitely hit it off from our first phoner and I absolutely LOVED working with you all year long!! ❤️ Congrats on your new marriage, you two are precious and made for each other!
  • Carsyn

Carsyn Fowler · Married on 05/28/2020

Amazing Performance!

Can not find enough ways to say how amazing the Gibbonses. The entire performance blew us away! They had the crowd entertained by knowing exactly what songs to play and killed it on the performance the whole time! Their vocals are amazing, they are charismatic, and makes everyone want to get up and dance. I can not recommend the Gibbonses enough! They were a huge highlight for my wedding and make the reception fun, lively and got everyone up and having a great time. They are easily a 10/10!

Sent on 06/17/2020

The Gibbonses's reply:

Ahh Carsyn thank you thank you!! We needed that night post-quarantine as much as you did! Thank you for the opportunity!!

A Chung · Married on 03/03/2020

It was a pleasure to work with The Gibbonses Band

They made my job so easy. From start to finish The Gibbonses band were simply delightful. The value for a top notch performance was worth every penny. They are gonna blow up soon and become a mainstream band, because I couldn't believe their range of music and really reacting to the audience and keeping them engaged. The duo performing were awesome, every single one of my guest at my large company function commented how good the band was. I would hire them again for future professional and personal events. Thank you, Audene

Sent on 03/11/2020

The Gibbonses's reply:

OH my goodness Audene, this is the sweetest thing I've ever read! Thank you so much for your kind words and I'm thrilled to hear that you and your company enjoyed it as much as we did! :)

We can't WAIT to work with you again.
    -J
  • Max

Max Butler · Married on 11/02/2019

Best Band Ever!

We were introduced to The Gibbonses just 6 weeks before our wedding and were so impressed with how quickly they jumped into action and went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. And, their music is AMAZING. A seriously talented duo.

The Gibbonses communication and attentiveness was top-notch. Jackie and/or Brandon responded to emails within minutes or jumped on quick calls to make sure everything was covered. My fiancée and I can be indecisive and the Gibbonses were able to recommend songs for certain parts of the ceremony and reception that we went with. They knew exactly what kind of music & mood we were going for and quickly learned a handful of songs that were special to us. We even threw a last-minute request in and they were so accommodating and professional.

The Gibbonses (and their awesome sound engineer, Cynthia) exceeded our expectations on the day of the wedding. They have a clean, stylish setup and immediately picked up the energy with their music. My fiancee is not a big dancer yet they somehow found a way to make her comfortable getting on the dance floor. We can’t even remember how many people came up to us to ask us where we found them and to tell us how amazing they were. Book The Gibbonses for your next event. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/14/2019

The Gibbonses's reply:

OMG MAX! What an amazing and kind review!!! Just read it out load to Brandon and we’re both smiling from ear to ear hearing how happy you guys were with our services! You guys were awesome to work with on every measure.
    Thanks again! Happy marriage to you both!
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 03/02/2019

So easy to work with!

The Gibbonses are hands-down the best duo in Dallas! As a wedding planner, they are extremely easy to work with leading up to each wedding, always quick to respond and are true professionals in every aspect. They work hard to ensure they are providing everything the couple wants and more. Having their sound tech on-site helps a ton for ease of communication and timing. Jackie and Brandon are so talented and always blow me away - guests love Jackie on the drums! They are truly versatile and perfect for soft background music, ceremony music and getting people on the dance floor. I highly recommend The Gibbonses and can't wait to work with them on the next one!

Sent on 11/07/2019

The Gibbonses's reply:

Stephanie your review means the world to us! We love working with you on events SO much I can’t tell you!!! Thanks for a wonderful partnership!

Brett Charity · Married on 05/20/2017

Wedding Vibes

Brandon and Jackie were outstanding at our wedding. They were just what we were looking for and have an amazing range of musical ability. They are two of the most talented musicians we have ever heard.

Sent on 11/12/2019

The Gibbonses's reply:

Brett this is so sweet. Thank you so much for the review!!! You and Tasia were TOO easy to work with! Super organized and the wedding of my personal dreams! ♥️🤓🙋🏻‍♀️
    -Jackie
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 11/05/2016

Perfect for our perfect day!

Me and my husband hired The Gibbonses for our wedding reception and it was the best decision! They played a variety of music and kept the party going all night! They were very professional and easy to communicate with! They were even kind enough to MC for us throughout the night for things such as the cake cutting, bouquet toss etc. It was a great decision booking The Gibbonses for our wedding day! They truly helped bring our celebration to life!

Sent on 11/01/2019

The Gibbonses's reply:

Thanks for such a sweet review Emily! You were great, gorgeous, and a breeze to work with!! Hope you and your sweet family are doing great!

Dan Varelia · Married on 10/12/2013

The Gibbonse’s made our wedding very special

Jackie and Brandon played music for my wedding and I’ll never forget how amazing they were! They worked wonderfully with our schedule and we’re absolutely amazing. I can’t say enough good things about them and I really couldn’t imagine my wedding without them. Such a great memory!

Sent on 11/07/2019

The Gibbonses's reply:

Thank you so much Dan! You two were the best to work with on ever measure. Love the lifelong friendship that the 4 of us have now! ♥️
    Love to Amanda
  • Cindy

Cindy Fiumara · Getting married on 12/02/2021

Great Performers

Jackie and Brandon were great to work with. They responded to my emails quickly prior to the event and were always professional. Their performance was wonderful and everyone enjoyed them!

Sent on 03/05/2020

The Gibbonses's reply:

Cindy, thank you so much for a sweet review and for being so wonderful to work with! Hope you made it back home safe and we look forward to working with you again when you come back to Texas. :)