The Gatehouse Reviews

84 Reviews for The Gatehouse

84 The Gatehouse Reviews

Cecilia Rodrigue · Married on 09/29/2018

Such a beautiful venue

Our wedding was so amazing here at this wonderful venue. They were very helpful and easy to work with! We really enjoyed working with Christie at the Gatehouse and the venue is so beautiful.

Ginger L. · Married on 09/15/2018

The Gatehouse Baton Rouge

Everything was beautiful, delicious food, and Christie made everything super easy and low stress!

• F

Farah · Married on 09/08/2018

Where do I start?!!!! It was love at first sight....literally. I had a list of venues to go checkout, The Gatehouse was my first stop. And when I tell you I immediately fell in love, I really did. I didn't even go to the other ones I had on my list. The Gatehouse met our expectations and more. We are so thankful for Christie and all her help during our wedding planning. She really went over and beyond to make sure everything goes smoothly and to make sure we are happy. The venue was magical. The cake was amazing. Every little detail was just perfect. I can go on and on and on about how happy we are to find the Gatehouse, but it'll take ALL day. So I highly recommend The Gatehouse. It was worth every penny!!!!!

• Edna

Edna Rodgers · Married on 08/11/2018

Excellence in Every Way ! Details! Details !Details !

I chose to have my Mom's 90th Birthday celebration in Baton Rouge, at The Gatehouse in August 2018. My priorities were a beautiful, luxurious Southern venue, great food/wines, indoors (August is hot) , creative & meticulous planner, music/dancing, guest capacity of 80-100. All of my expectations were met exceedingly by Christi at The Gatehouse. From the first phone call to her walking my family out to the car at the end of the party, Christi's many years of experience were realized.
    After meeting with her at the venue, all details of the party were planned via email/phone calls. All details were carried out with excellence& joy. Courteous and prompt attention to every minute detail took all stress from me for this important life event for my Mom. Christi treats her clients as her own family. She provides all services for a seamless event tailored for full enjoyment by all, truly an all inclusive event, no surprise charges...no surprises.
    Communication for a large event is primary. Christi leaves nothing assumed , nor unconfirmed. In my case she confirmed confirmations !
    The Gatehouse ballroom and grounds provide the perfect setting for any occasion. Parking is more than ample for your large event. A lavishly appointed "Brides Room" is available. Any special needs are attended to (including strained relationships among the guests) The ballroom is the ultimate in Southern charm and beauty. Christi and her team reflect the same.
    The grounds are lavishly designed for year round use. Picture perfect settings are at every turn. The setting is so beautiful that not much else is needed. However, Christi shines in suggesting from her varied array of fine linens, candelabra, anything for tablescapes, music. If you desire a "WOW!" detail, she has it for you. She will creatively design for your look. Flowers: Christi quickly referred me to Billy Heromans for the most excellence in flower creations. Christi received the order and saw to the correct placement of the order.
    Crhisti quickly gets to know her clients and creates a custom celebration that perfectly reflects the guest(s) of honor.
    Food/wines/beverages: I watched as our 100+ guests returned to the delicious, huge food buffet, not once, but twice in many cases. The bar was very busy. Reminded me of Thanksgiving with my family ! Excellent wines offered. The packages offered were most helpful in planning.
    Traffic flow in this venue has been well thought out. Moving from the bar, food , gardens, bathrooms, and visiting from table to table with guests are so easy. During your event, Christi and her team move about, making sure all guests have exactly what they need/want. You and your guests only notice that everything is attended to. I've hosted many large parties, 2 large weddings for our daughters. I'm a control freak. Never have I relaxed completely and let someone take care of everything....until The Gatehouse. I have found venues that have good food, but the setting is lacking. Or the venue is dramatic, scenic, yet the food lacks, details fall by the wayside. The Gatehouse truly has it all. Christi and her team make all your dreams come true for your special event. And, the pricing is truly all inclusive.
    My mom was so blessed, honored, had so much fun at her party. Christi had set her up in an antique setee in order to see & be seen by her guests, and for them to sit and visit with her. Mom's party fun continues today as her guests are still calling, telling her of details they'd remembered at The Gatehouse, how that party was really what a 90th Birthday celebration should be !
    I'd return here anytime for any type of gathering for the most excellent in client service, professional planning , lavish setting, outstanding food, organized FUN. Please bring your event here. You will NOT be disappointed. Go to the website, then pick up the phone and call Christi right away. Any stress you might have, will quickly turn to anticipation of your most excellent event at The Gatehouse !

Linzey Bowers · Married on 07/28/2018

10/10 Recommend

We knew that the Gatehouse was the perfect place to get married as soon as we walked in the room! Inside and out, this venue is so beautiful. It also helped that Christy was so easy and fun to work with. She took the stress of getting married off of us and into her own hands. From food and cake to decorations, she did it all! Highly encourage anyone who is getting married to step inside the Gatehouse and get to know Christy Edwards!!

Leia · Married on 06/02/2018

They were so on the ball and very helpful. Any last minuet thing we needed they were able to provide. My son actually blacked out because he locked his knees and they were right there on the spot to help him and help one of our guest take care of him until the vows were finished. I loved how there was someone there just to take care of the bride and groom and make them plates.

• Mely

Mely · Married on 05/26/2018

A perfect day in the perfect place with the perfect people.

We had my perfect wedding, it was great, all nice and the food was delicious everyone who attended said that. Great service.

The Gatehouse 1
    The Gatehouse 13
    The Gatehouse 14
  • Raine

Raine Baker · Married on 05/19/2018

our wedding day was flawless!

my husband and I work alot. there is no way either of us had the time to plan a wedding. The gatehouse took care of all the details for us! The venue is beautiful, the food is delicious and the memories are priceless!

The Gatehouse 15
    The Gatehouse 22
    The Gatehouse 23

Carolyn Hart · Married on 04/20/2018

Baton Rouge's Best kept secret

I was so impressed with Christi and her staff. They did everything possible to make my day so special. They were so personable and really executed the vision for my dream wedding. From the the very first appointment til the very end. Christ's expertise was unmatched. They provided everything I needed and made the wedding planning process seamless and stress free! I am so happy I chose the Gatehouse for my special day and will tell everyone I know that is getting married to do the same.

Kaitlynn · Married on 01/13/2018

We could not thank Christi Edwards at The Gatehouse enough! Our wedding and reception were perfect because of all of the hard work Ms. Christi and her staff put in. Everything ran smoothly, and multiple gusts commented on how beautiful the decor was! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

The Gatehouse 24

Abigail · Married on 10/28/2017

I had my wedding here on October 28, 2017. I highly recommend the Gatehouse! Christi was very helpful and the forms they have on the Gatehouse website made the planning super easy. I had no anxiety on my wedding day knowing everything was taken care of by Christi and the rest of the staff! Everything went smoothly and everyone had so much fun! I have heard nothing but complements from the guests :-)

Jennifer · Married on 09/30/2017

Christi was amazing! She didn't miss a beat and answered every question we had. The venue is beautiful, the food was delicious, and the staff was friendly. Overall, a wonderful experience.

The Gatehouse 25

Ashley · Married on 08/19/2017

Christi and her team made planning our wedding such an easy and fun process. They say if the wedding Christi and her team were awesome and always around if we needed anything! I highly recommend having your ceremony and reception here! It was such a beautiful place!

Candice · Married on 04/15/2017

I really cherish the experience I had with the Gatehouse! Christi made everything flow and was so easy on my my special day.

Erin · Married on 03/04/2017

This is the best wedding venue EVER! Our guests raved about the food, and Christi Edwards (owner) made the planning experience seamless and simple! The decor is absolutely beautiful, the music was perfect, and the whole event was more than my family and I could have ever hoped for. This was truly a dream wedding!!

darnell · Married on 12/16/2016

my daughter had her wedding there 12/10/2016. it was perfect. everyone and i mean everyone had a great time. the bride and groom enjoyed everything instead of stressing over everything. christie and crew took care of every detail. the food, decorations, cake, dj, and all little details were perfect. it was beautiful. would recommend this place to anyone.

Loryn · Married on 10/29/2016

Everything was so amazing. I just can't say enough about organized the entire thing was. So worry free and beyond fabulous! I highly recommend Christi and the The Gatehouse. You will not be disappointed!

Tiffany · Married on 09/24/2016

While taking care of everything detail for me, The Gate House staff catered to every personal need I had also. The atmosphere and setting were perfect. Our guest were impressed with the overlook and flow of the entire day. I was a stress free Bride, which is top priority for the big day! I would recommend The Gate House to my closesystem of friends and family!

Sent on 10/20/2016

The Gatehouse's reply:

It's always amazing when we hear that we created a day worthy of being called "stress-free". It's our #1 priority and we're so glad you had such a great experience. We can't wait to see you again in the future, hopefully as a guest at a friend's wedding!

lylia · Married on 09/02/2016

So my Granddaughter had a surprise 55th Anniversary luncheon here at the Gatehouse! The Gatehouse was so lovely and more. Words can not describe how much I loved the place. We had just flooded and it was amazing how loving and caring the staff and Christi was. This luncheon made our 55th anniversary AMAZING!!! The food was so good! Outside was amazing! We took picture by the pretty bridge with the pond and by the swing! I would recommended this place to anyone! This day is one day I will never forget and I'm glad the Gatehouse was there to make my day perfect!

Sent on 10/13/2016

The Gatehouse's reply:

We had the best time creating this unique experience for you and your husband, it was truly our pleasure! We felt honored that your granddaughter chose us to host such a charming weekday event. Thank you so much for your kind words!

Lindsey · Married on 06/04/2016

I was very stressed coming into the planning process for my wedding and Christi did everything she possibly could (and beyond!) to make sure that was all handled. She listened to my concerns and my ideas and utilized all of the décor and tools she already had (was very impressed with the stock) to make my wedding exactly what I had pictured and brought to her via pinterest & Instagram. She guided us through the ENTIRE NIGHT I felt like I had my own personal assistant and I had no idea that we would be getting that kind of service. If you're wanting the BEST value for your dollar - Gatehouse is unrivaled. And we've been to PLENTY weddings. I would have it here every time. Thanks so much again to Christi and her amazing team!

rebecca · Married on 04/15/2016

I had THE BEST experience working with Christie at the Gate House! She made the planning super easy with pre-made worksheets and responded quickly to all my emails. I would recommend this event space to any and all brides! Thank you so much Christie for making our wedding reception so perfect!!

Sent on 10/20/2016

The Gatehouse's reply:

Thank you so much for the feedback, we are so glad we were able to create such an amazing experience for you! We also love that you appreciated our worksheets, we can only hope they help relieve stress! Keep us in mind for your friends, hopefully one day we can see you again as a guest and you can experience it from the other side. :)

Richard · Married on 01/30/2016

This is a fantastic location. We had about 100 guests, and we had no issues fitting everyone in. There's also a spacious outside area, where guests can mingle and the music isn't so loud, so it's really twice the space. It also looks beautiful at night.

The package we got included the fee for the wedding cake and the DJ service, so in the end, it was also the best value we found of the other venues in the Baton Rouge area.

Sent on 04/20/2016

The Gatehouse's reply:

We love that you found such value in our packages and services. We strive to make it the best around! Thank you for taking the time to give feedback as well, we always love hearing what you loved about your experience. Maybe someday one of your guests will have his or her wedding with us and we can see you again!

It was the perfect day and the perfect wedding. Christi worked so well with us. It was so beautiful and we didn't have to worry about anything. All my guest said it was the best wedding/reception they've been too. They loved the venue and the food!

It was my daughter's dream wedding. Thanks Christi and the Gatehouse!

Sent on 12/11/2015

The Gatehouse's reply:

It's always so flattering when we hear that we've created a "dream wedding". Thank you so much for taking the time to make our day, and we are so glad to have made your daughter's as well.

Darlene · Married on 09/12/2015

Christi and her staff were professional and courteous. They were very well organized and helped guide you through the entire wedding/reception process which eliminated a lot of stress. It was wonderful to be able to have an all-inclusive package.

The Gatehouse is a beautiful facility, both inside and outside, well decorated and excellent food.

Truly outstanding service!

Sent on 10/27/2015

The Gatehouse's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback. We take pride in our organization so we are glad it didn't go unnoticed! We also love when our clients can see the value in our all-inclusive packages. We are so happy to have made your day!