The Gardens at West Green Reviews

The Gardens at West Green 7
  • Kiana

Kiana A Kelley · Getting married on 05/09/2020

Thumbs up to Karen

This venue is perfect if you want a small intimate wedding. Karen is a wonderful, easy-to-talk-to person. She answered all my concerning questions confidently and made a great impression on my fiancee and I. I loved the venue and the affordable price that came with it. I can not wait until it is my time to walk down the aisle.

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Naomi

Naomi Camargo · Getting married on 03/05/2020

Comfortable and easy visit to a gorgeous nearby venue.

The venue is perfect for small weddings. We fell in love with this elegant gem! The grounds were clean and vibrant. Karen Little is wonderful, professional, and very easy to talk to. We really enjoyed our visit and are excited to be getting married here!!

Sent on 03/07/2019
    The Gardens at West Green 23
    The Gardens at West Green 24
    The Gardens at West Green 25

The Gardens at West Green's reply:

Thank you Naomi! We are very excited to have you at The Gardens at West Green! I’ll keep you posted on any new decor we have coming in.

Sarah Carnaroli · Married on 01/05/2019

No stress outdoor wedding of my dreams for such an affordable price

I cannot begin to express how pleased I was with this venue. Karen and this gorgeous location truly gave me my dream outdoor wedding for such an affordable price. Karen communicated so well with us from the moment we booked the venue until the day of. The linens and set up looked amazing. She even had a tent up at no additional cost, which I was worried about since it was an outdoor wedding in January. (which actually turned out to be a perfect day). This place has a beautiful house and space for the bride and groom to get ready, absolutely beautiful trees and shrubbery that look great year round, with lights in the trees. Karen also acted as coordinator day of and knew exactly how to tell us to time the ceremony. She helped coordinate with all the vendors which of course saves us money in having to hire a day-of coordinator. Such a good deal and such a lovely owner, who you can tell does this job because she loves it. Thank you, Karen! Gonna go leave this review in a few other places :) -Sarah and Kyle

Sent on 03/28/2019

HI Sarah!

Thank you for your review of The Gardens at West Green. It was a perfect day. You were such a joy to work with. It has been my pleasure and I am sincerely greatful for the trust you have placed in me. Best of luck and blessings to all!

Alex · Married on 07/07/2018

WE FELL IN LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT with the Gardens at West Green. This was the one and only venue we looked at and knew it was the one for us. We loved the intimate feel! The grounds are gorgeous and perfectly manicured for an outdoor garden wedding. It is very clear that Karen takes pride in her property and after meeting her (owner), we knew this was our Venue! Since our wedding was in July, we loved having the mini mansion there on site with an extra room. We decorated it with antique furniture for our guests to have a place to go in case they wanted to cool off for a bit (with the help of Vintique Rentals). There is so much shade at the gardens, that it really is not as hot as you would think and there is an outdoor AC just in case it is too hot (which we had to use). Karen was there to help coordinate all the vendors on the day of and helped coordinate the rehearsal the day before. We were always confident that she had everything under control and provided us with so many additional items that I'm assuming some of the other venues do not provide (e.g. lights in trees, linens, candelabras, easels, outdoor AC, etc). We were a little nervous about the weather/rain in July, but Karen always assured us there was a plan in place in case of rain. Unfortunately, it started to rain unexpectedly right before our ceremony. Karen had to pull out the tents at the last minute and did an amazing job setting them up so quickly. The tents really did not take away from our wedding like I thought they would. It was still gorgeous! We highly recommend The Gardens at West Green if you have a guest list around 100-120. It was perfect and we have gotten so many compliments about our wedding!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Ashley · Married on 04/21/2018

This day was truly perfect! The ambiance and venue itself are just amazing and leave you in awe. The venue is just gorgeous and Karen was very flexible. I can't wait to see all of the pictures once the photographer is done. I highly recommend this venue!!

Sent on 04/25/2018

The Gardens at West Green's reply:

Hi Ashley, Thank you so much for your review. It was our pleasure and we wish you many wonderful years to come.

Aubrey · Married on 04/14/2018

Karen was wonderful and patient. Everything turned out perfect and exactly what we wanted. The venue is just beautiful and she is so easy to work with. Thank you for making our day so special.

Sent on 04/19/2018
    The Gardens at West Green 26
    The Gardens at West Green 27
    The Gardens at West Green 28
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 03/31/2018

Guests raved about the beauty of this tucked away little venue. It's so well maintained, lush and green. It is a slice of heaven and I am so glad this is where our memories were made. It is also very affordable, costing us under $2,500 for almost 100 people. Thank you, Karen for all of your wonderful recommendations on other vendors, for your time and patience.

Sent on 04/21/2018
    The Gardens at West Green 29
    The Gardens at West Green 30
    The Gardens at West Green 31
    The Gardens at West Green 32
    The Gardens at West Green 33
    The Gardens at West Green 34

Tamara · Married on 03/10/2018

My fiancé and I had our hearts set on getting married and finding a venue in Austin. After googling small garden venues, we came across the Gardens at West Green website, so we decided to go take a look at the venue. When we arrived, we were in awe! We fell in love with the gardens and immediately contacted Karen Little to book the venue. Since, the very beginning, Karen has been a God send! She responded to us that same day and was always available via text, email or by phone for any questions that we had. She also provided us with a vendor list and we were very pleased with the ones we chose. Karen was very flexible and will go above and beyond to meet any expectations well in reason. The day of our wedding everything went as expected…FABULOUS!! All of our guest fell in love with the venue just as we did! We highly recommend the Gardens for any occasion! Thank you again Karen for helping make our special day such memorable one! We love you!!

Sincerely,
    David and Tamara

Sent on 03/19/2018
    The Gardens at West Green 35
    The Gardens at West Green 36

David and Tamara,
    It was an honor to host such a warm heartfelt wedding. Your families were amazing to work with and the entire event was Blessed by God. He has mended your hearts together and has a great plan for you both. Love you too!!

Judith · Married on 10/28/2017

Karen was so amazing to work with. We wanted our wedding to be hassle free and as smooth as possible and believe it or not it was! We received so many compliments on the venue and setup. All of our guests loved the warm and inviting feel the Gardens at West Green offered. Everything was perfect! Thank you so much!

Sent on 11/04/2017

The Gardens at West Green's reply:

Thank you Judith! It makes me smile every time I think back on your wedding day. Filled with laughter (because you have such a great sense of humor) and excitement. Stay in touch.
  • Katlyn

Katlyn · Married on 08/19/2017

Ms. Little was amazing throughout my whole planning process; she was so polite and professional even when I was asking so many questions about everything. She helped in every way she could! When a car caught on fire before our ceremony she was quick to respond and she helped make sure everyone was safe and that 911 was called also she stayed with the guests who's vehicles were caught on fire and made sure their insurances were notifed. She was just amazing.

Sent on 08/28/2017

The Gardens at West Green's reply:

Hi Katlyn, Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you, Kyle and your family on such an important day! That was an exciting day for everyone :). Many Blessings to you and your new family.

Michael · Married on 07/09/2016

We recently had our wedding (reception and ceremony) at the Gardens at West Green and were elated with how everything turned out. Selecting the venue was definitely the best decision we made. First, the venue itself is breathtakingly beautiful! Everything is so lush, green, and well maintained. It offers the perfect canvas to create the wedding of your dreams. Second, the venue is very affordable. It offers various packages to choose from based upon what you would like included. We decided to go with the all-inclusive package because it just made sense – easy, simple, and a very good deal. The all-inclusive package included the venue, chairs, tables, tablecloth, floral, some décor, cake, hosted bar, DJ, officiant, caterer, bartender, photographer, and wedding coordinator (Karen Little). It literally took care of everything for us and the vendors included are AMAZING! What we spent on everything came out to less than what many other venues were charging for their space alone. Honestly it was really a no brainer – why pay $12,000 for space alone when I could get something equally (if not more) beautiful that included everything for under $7,000? Now don’t get me wrong, this isn’t a cookie cutter wedding package. Although everything is included for you, you have the ability to customize everything to fit what your wedding vision is. You are able to remove things, add things, and change things if you would like. Finally, we got the pleasure of working with Karen Little. Karen has so much experience in the wedding industry and it shows. She played such a vital role in the wedding planning, preparation, and day of the wedding details. I am so thankful that Karen took the time to really understand our vision and worked diligently to exceed all of our expectations. She made our wedding everything we could have imagined and more.

Sent on 07/26/2016

The Gardens at West Green's reply:

Thank you Micheal, What a wonderful opportunity to see you and Art again earlier this year. Shelly and I love living vicariously through your Facebook Page! LOL. Blessings to you both.

Joy · Married on 11/08/2013

It was a wonderful experience having the wedding and reception at the Gardens of West Green. It was beautiful!! Karen is great to work with and also helpful in referring excellent vendors for catering, music, flowers, etc. I highly recommend them.
    Joy B

Sent on 11/11/2013

The Gardens at West Green's reply:

Thank you Joy! We hope everyone is doing well.

Mayra · Married on 09/22/2013

The Gardens at West Green is the ultimate venue for a wedding. It is nestled in a lush garden with a beautiful villa. You will have intimacy, elegance, and vibrance all at one place. Karen made sure that all our ideas were taken into consideration & made sure that everything flowed nicely. All of my guests were amazed by the beauty of the The Gardens at West Green. Affordable, elegant, and excellent service all in one place! You can not beat that!

Sent on 11/27/2013

The Gardens at West Green's reply:

We loved having you at The Gardens at West Green!

Karen was amazing from the day she showed us the space until the very end. Such a beautiful venue which truly made my wedding magical and everything i could have ever wanted.

Sent on 09/22/2014

Kirbi · Married on 03/26/2013

We decided to have our wedding at The Gardens at West Green the second we saw the grounds. Even though it was the first venue we actually saw in person, I knew it was the one. All the trees and the foliage make it so beautiful. The house on the property is also very pretty and adds to the look. Karen is also amazing. She is very knowledgeable and such a pleasure to work with. The only negative about the venue is that there is no option for an indoor ceremony/reception in case of inclement weather. There are tents that can be set up, though. As our wedding got closer, I was terrified of it raining. Sure enough, the weather forecast showed rain the day before and the day of our wedding. Karen was very reassuring the entire week leading up to our event, and she watched the weather very closely. The day before the wedding, Karen recommended that we go ahead and set up the tents. She even picked up the tax and delivery on the tent that we ordered to have more coverage. The wedding turned out beautiful, and I have Karen to thank for that. She is a pleasure to work with, and I really think that this venue is the most beautiful one in San Antonio...even though I am a little biased. :) It is also very affordable. I would definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 04/01/2013

Holly · Married on 10/20/2012

We chose this venue, not only because of how absolutely gorgeous it is, but we liked that we could bring in any caterers and vendors we wanted. From the second we walked into 'The Gardens', we knew it was the right choice for our venue. Now I cannot have imagined our wedding anywhere else. The venue is well kept, magically beautiful, and in my opinion, the best in San Antonio. I loved spending the day getting ready with my bridesmaids in the fancy bride’s room. And I especially loved watching guests arrive from the window and seeing their faces light up when they saw how breathtaking the venue is. Karen went above and beyond my expectations and definitely helped make everything perfect. When my cake was leaning and the glass on my seating chart broke, Karen approached me with a soothing tone, and helped keep me calm about it, while graciously fixing it. She helped line up our wedding party and told the little ring bearer and flower girl when to walk. I was very impressed with her patience, professionalism, and her great talent for weddings. Thank you so much for making our special day even more memorable. I will definitely recommend 'The Gardens at West Green' to friends and future brides.

Sent on 10/31/2012

Brenda · Married on 08/18/2012

On very short notice, Karen helped us put together the perfect wedding for my step-daughter. It was beautiful, elegant and the lit up trees in the garden made her sunset wedding magical. We were within budget and even had add-on options that were affordable! The dressing room was gorgeous and again, Karen was there every step of the way to help with the music and even provide a needle and thread for a last minute dress mishap. I cannot rave enough about this venue. From simple to extravagant, there is no better venue in San Antonio than The Gardens at West Green.

Sent on 10/12/2012

S · Married on 04/14/2012

Many, many thanks for all your help to ensure the wedding went without any hickups. I will definately recommend your venue, you were awesome to work with. Kudos to you Ms. Karen!
    From: Mother of the bride

Sent on 05/21/2012

Susie · Married on 07/16/2011

Karen is wonderful!!! We have absolutely no complaints, only exceptional things to say about Karen and The Gardens at West Green. The venue is absolutely beautiful and the service we recieved was beyond great. She truly made us feel calm and was great at coordinating our wedding. I cannot imagine having had my wedding at any other place. It had everything we wanted and needed and even more. Thank you to The Gardens at west Green, especially Karen for making our wedding truly memorable.

Sent on 08/02/2011

Mary Jane · Married on 05/27/2011

Karen Little was very helpful we had no idea how to do the ceremony who walks down when etc... She was there to help with all the details like where to put a sign in table and other set up stuff. Plus we had our music on an ipod and she was able to play the music and cue us when to go so we didn't have to have a sound guy. She provided the chairs and tables so I didn't have to worry about that. Also she was super flexible with letting us go to the venue to see how to decorate and such. Over all I think that without the Littles and their beautiful property (The Gardens at West Green) that my wedding wouldn't have gone as smoothly. Winfield Little did my photos and they came out beautiful some of the pictures I was surprised on because I didn't even realize that he was there. Again this was a wonderful experience everything ran very smoothly. The Littles really did a wonderful job with everything including helping to direct my vendors while I was getting my hair and makeup done in the bridal suite. Thank you so much for helping on my special day.
    --Mary Jane Flores

Sent on 07/28/2011

anna · Married on 11/06/2010

This place is just beautiful!Everyone loved it and thought it was breathtaking. we kept getting compliment after compliment about the place the entire night. Also Karen is super nice and helpful!I wish we could do it all over again to take it all in. So beautiful and romantic!

Sent on 11/11/2010

Mariela · Married on 09/26/2010

We absolutely loved this beautiful place!! The setting is gorgeous! Beautiful landscaping and surrounded by trees. Excellent venue for an outdoor romantic wedding.
    Karen, the lady in charge of this venue was always wonderful and extremely accomodating. This place is a great choice if you are looking to do your wedding as you wish without all the obstacles that other venues place on you.
    Our wedding was amazing!! I would definitely recommend this venue!!

Sent on 10/21/2010

Jaimie · Married on 07/27/2010

Many, Many thanks to Winfield and Karen Little for all the help and guidance during our wedding. The Gardens at West Green is, and will always be something to remember for years to come. The grounds and the atmosphere alone are just breath taking for all to see. We have gotten so many compliments on how well the service was that they provided for us the day of our wedding.
    We will always be forever greatful to you both. Thank you for making our wedding extra special in every way.
    God Bless,
    Eric & Jaimie Philippot

Sent on 08/19/2010

Kendra · Married on 03/27/2010

LOVED everything about The Gardens at West Green! I was a very happy bride and will treasure every minute of that day. Everyone out there was wonderful and very helpful; they truly cared about me, my family, and our special day.

Sent on 04/08/2010