The Gardens at Kennesaw Mountain Reviews

30 Reviews for The Gardens at Kennesaw Mountain

• Brooke

Brooke A. · Married on 10/24/2020

Beautiful Venue!

Planning a wedding during COVID is not an easy task, but thanks to Deric at the gardens, he made the process so easy for me! After my husband and I decided to elope due to the pandemic, we approached Deric with an idea to host a big reception in 2021 when (hopefully) there’s a vaccine for COVID. And, they had no issues with us doing this! So, this past October, we had an intimate ceremony with immediate family at the gardens, and next year, we’re hosting a big reception for all of our original guests! I can’t thank Deric and the rest of the gardens’ staff enough for being so laid back and letting us elope. Also, we had a small reception off-location after our ceremony, and the gardens catered this, and all of my family members are still raving about how amazing the food was! Melissa was our server and she was so kind and made sure my husband and I were completely taken care of during the reception! I HIGHLY recommend this venue — they will do everything in their power to ensure your wedding day is perfect. :)

Sent on 11/07/2020

The Gardens at Kennesaw Mountain's reply:

Brooke! Thank you so much for you kind words! We look forward to celebrating again in 2021. Thank you !

Barb T. · Married on 06/22/2019

Beautiful wedding

This venue was a beautiful site for my sons wedding. The ballroom and grounds are well maintained. Staff are professional and courteous, very thorough in planning and response time is quick. We found them very accommodating during the whole planning process and on the big day. Our guests loved the Gardens and commented on the delicious good and wonderful service.

Sent on 06/24/2019

The Gardens at Kennesaw Mountain's reply:

Barb - Thank you so much for your kind words. We couldn't have a had a more beautiful day to celebrate.

Anna · Married on 05/19/2018

Derek and his team are the best. Very experienced, accommodating, and friendly, and flexible. You know you're in good hands with them. The food had many compliments at the wedding. The venue was beautiful. Aside from the excellent communication and friendly staff, we liked how we had the independence to choose our decorations and vendors. There were no catches. We're very pleased with the whole process and experience. It was perfect.

Sent on 09/28/2018

Jo · Married on 10/08/2016

Beautiful venue! We had the ceremony and the cocktail hour outside and there was still a large garden space available to set up lawn games to keep the kids from getting antsy. Deric was wonderful -- always available to answer our questions and very patient through a lot of last week changes. Andrea was wonderful working with us during the rehearsal and reception. The staff offered some last minute additional decorations that they felt would add to the ambience. (Also, there is a fun closet full of decorations to use as part of their service). Couldn't have had a nicer crew to work with!

Sent on 05/30/2016

Jessie · Married on 06/27/2015

We just recently had our wedding at the Gardens at Kennesaw Mountain and wow, it was amazing! From the very first step of planning to the final product, they made it super easy and fun. Deric was a wonderful help and brought my vision to reality. Kat was very helpful on the day and ensured that everything ran smoothly. Everyone at the Gardens at Kennesaw Mountain was very responsive to my needs and answered my questions quickly. The food was delicious and our guests raved! This place is a hidden gem!

Sent on 07/02/2015

PERFECTION! I am an event planner and contracted Parsley's the catering service from the Gardens at Kennesaw Mountain for large work functions. I first did a site inspection as an event planner and the moment I stepped foot on the property I knew if I got married in Atlanta ( I am from Boston) this would be my dream venue! Well, I ended up getting married in Georgia and I must say - most of the reason was because I knew the high standards that the The Gardens at Kennesaw Mountain continually surpass. As a bride planning her own wedding I chose the route in which I had the most trust in a venue. It was SO easy to work with The Gardens. The food is phenomenal- Marc is an amazingly creative chef who truly knows about sourcing locally, sustainability and organic high quality foods. Laura was the wedding coordinator that I wish every bride could have. She made my life So easy. Being an event planner - large events are my thing and believe me, Laura helped me tremendously and caught so many details that I would have missed. She is an amazing person, extremely knowledgeable, organized, sweet, flexible and such a pleasure to be around. I can't thank her enough. Laura also has a great team to work with at the venue. Marc, Deric and Clayton among the other staff just absolutely shined. I had multiple meetings with the event staff and it was always so smooth. Every detail large and small were executed flawlessly. My wedding consisted of about 90% of the people flying in from Boston and were not familiar with Georgia at all- Months later I sill have people commenting on how amazing the wedding was and the food was one of the best meals ever! I highly highly recommend The Gardens at Kennesaw Mountain and wish I could give them all a 10. Marc and Laura- Thank you so much for making our wedding perfect!

Sent on 09/04/2014

Morgan · Married on 05/10/2014

Could not have picked a better venue. Everyone was great to work with. Laura is an amazing planner - thought of every detail and was very organized. The food was amazing, and they are very helpful in all areas. We never had any problems.

Sent on 06/20/2014

Nicole · Married on 04/13/2013

I knew I wanted to have my wedding here the moment I got there. The staff is so accomodating and helpful. The layout and decor of the venue is perfect for a wedding!

Sent on 06/06/2013
  • User2819341 · 2+ years ago

Respectful, flexible, understanding - this venue has workers that care about you and your wedding and they want to do everything to make it perfect! Wonderful experience here!

Sent on 11/30/2012

Lauren · Married on 11/03/2012

I would HIGHLY reccomend The Gardens at Kennesaw Mountain to any bride. Mark, Laura, Johanna, and Katie were FANTASTIC and made our day amazing. I was a very hesitant bride and they made the process smooth and easy. They were very accomodating of our schedule when planning meetings and went out of their way to meet when it was convenient for us. They were super accessible via phone and email and kept our plans on track by communicating regularly. On the day before and day of Johanna and Katie spoke up to make sure our families were cooperative and we got the things that were really important to us. Michael and I talked the whole honeymoon about how the wedding way exceeded our expectations, it was so so so perfect. Parsleys food was fantastic and working with the DJ's at Spectrum Entertainment was fun and stress free!

Sent on 11/12/2012

Lauren · Married on 11/03/2012

Sent on 11/12/2012

Jamie · Married on 11/02/2012

This place is a one-stop-shop for stress-free wedding planning! The coordinators were all hands-on and very helpful. Anything my fiance and I needed, any kind of accommodation requested, any kind of concern was addressed like we were the only clients in the world. We felt so important and taken care of that on the day of the wedding, I had no worries or qualms; I knew the wedding would go perfectly and smoothly and it did! I couldn't have asked for a better experience and I had nothing close to those nightmares other brides unfortunately speak about. Also, the food was TO DIE FOR and they really try to make your dreams come true! I love this place and love them! Thank you, Parsleys Team for make our dream day perfect!

Love,
    Jamie and Aaron

Sent on 11/06/2012

Jill · Married on 10/20/2012

Laura and Johanna were nothing short of Amazing! I could not have asked y'all for anything more!! Maybe a clause in the DJ's contract to do a practice run to make sure the music is working Prior to the ceremony start! But Laura and Johanna did everything possible to make our day wonderful!! They are the BEST and I would recommend them and The Gardens (minus the dj) to everyone I know!!!:)

Sent on 11/21/2012

Amy · Married on 09/15/2012

Laura and all of the staff are extremely helpful and willing to go above and beyond to make the day special. They were available for any questions or concerns, and I felt extremely comfortable leaving my wedding reception in their hands. During the reception they took care of everything, and I enjoyed it to the fullest!

Jennifer · Married on 07/14/2012

You cannot find a better place or people to work with! After MANY changes to our wedding (including a year of postponement due to health and early arrival of twins), they were the most accomodating, gracious, considerate, understanding and helpful people to have on our side.

We had to cancel our wedding just four days before our first wedding date due to me being admitted to the hospital. Without even asking, they completely upheld our contract without penalty, remained completely flexible during our re-schedules, and even allowed for additional cake allowance the second time around after the first bakery demanded money from unused cake (a whole other story but that vendor is no longer used so you should not worry - they now have a terrific bakery, and one with morals and values.) And, I need to also mention that within just a few hours of me being in the hospital, my very first floral arrangement was from them! Our wedding would not have been near as special if they were not involved.

Words cannot explain how AWESOME Laura is!! Every bride needs this lady by her side during the planning and day of the wedding.

Mark and the whole crew were just amazing. And, oh my goodess....the food was unreal!!!! As we sat in the airport the next day to set off for our honeymoon, myself and husband were craving the food we had the night before.

All my guests raved on and on about how beautiful the venue itself is especially how tucked away and hidden it is, and there was not one single complaint of the food. Again, the food is incredible!!!

If you want a beautiful, intimate venue, and you want a personal relationship with those you would be working with, you simply cannot pass this place up!

Sent on 10/07/2012

Ansley · Married on 06/23/2012

The Gardens of Kennesaw Mountain provided the dream venue for our big wedding day! The quaint beauty of its grounds provided such a beautiful backdrop for a wedding. I cannot praise Laura and her personnel from the Gardens high enough. Laura is absolutely AMAZING! She was so wonderful and worked so well with us in planning the event. She provided ideas and much of her time and effort to help make the event a success. Her advice and expertise was spot on and she does everything in her power to alleviate any and all stress the day of the wedding. Everything went off without a hitch and I cannot thank the staff at the Gardens for all that they did to insure such a wonderful day for my husband and me. Laura provides such a personal touch to each and every event. The staff will also work with you and your budget to make your dream day not only beautiful but also one which lies in the budget you have set up. The food at the Gardens was absolutely amazing and people raved about it after the wedding... especially the twice baked potatoes! I highly recommend The Gardens of Kennesaw Mountain to anyone looking for a wedding venue. This review truly does not do justice for the wonderful, unforgettable day they Gardens gave us as well as all the help and advice planning. It was an unforgettable experience and I truly appreciate all the Gardens did to make it so wonderful!

Sent on 10/12/2012

Connie · Married on 06/16/2012

This is a very nice venue snuggled in the woods across from Kennesaw Mountain. They have 2 open houses a year, we went to 2 of them. They include DJ & catering. You can use your own bakery or they can recommend one, but they don't make your cake themselves. With the exception of the bakery, we were pleased with the vendors provided. You will still need to handle some things yourself, flowers, some decorating, officiant, photographer. Everything went very smoothly, staff very nice, always quick to return e-mails. Music & food was good. Pretty venue. Wedding planner very nice, she thought of everything.

Sent on 06/27/2012

Stephanie · Married on 04/14/2012

I threw Laura so many curve balls...even days/ hours before the wedding, I was making special requests and changes...all of which Parsley's and The Gardens at Kennesaw Mountain happily and beautifully handled. I always felt like I was in good hands and I could not have picked a more beautiful, serene location for our garden wedding. Parsley's and The Gardens were simply exceptional!

Jenna · Married on 04/05/2014

Absolutely gorgeous venue and amazing staff! I enjoyed every minute of my wedding experience from beginning to end! I truly value this venue as a hidden gem and would recommend it to any bride!
    Jenna Matheny (Wedding Date: April 5th, 2014)

Sent on 04/15/2014
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/25/2013

We were thrilled with the service we received from The Gardens at Kennesaw Mountain. They are wonderful to work with and managed our day flawlessly. You should look here, if you're a bride and want as stress free as possible experience. The grounds are gorgeous, staff is friendly and concerned, and facilities are perfect. Mark's food is impeccable! You're not going to beat the value here at any other place in the area...we searched for months! Our day was absolutely perfect with the help of the Gardens staff!

Sent on 12/05/2013
  • Bowen08@icloud.com

Amy · Married on 02/24/2018

My husband and I recently held our wedding reception in the Ballroom at The Gardens at Kennesaw Mountain and couldn't be any more pleased with our decision. While wedding planning could get quite stressful at times, choosing this venue was one of the things that I was most confident about. I will never forget having that "feeling" when I first set eyes on the space that this was the place I envisioned having our friends/family celebrating in after Josh and I got married.
    We worked with Deric through the process and were very happy with the event overall. He was very helpful in determining our needs and I feel that he understood our expectations. We did utilize Deric as a "Day of Coordinator" as well which I would absolutely recommend since things do happen very quickly on the big day. Deric was very accommodating at the reception and definitely made sure that Josh and I were comfortable and happy.
    The Ballroom is just an amazing space that truly catered to everything we needed including the dance floor, built in bar, appropriate space for 100+ guests and an outdoor patio just off the side for those who needed to get some fresh air. The rest of the grounds weren't utilized during the event but are very beautiful in the summer/fall with gorgeous views of Kennesaw Mountain.
    This venue is AMAZING and I truly recommend it! Josh and I are so grateful to have found it and I couldn't imagine having my wedding reception anywhere else!

Sent on 03/06/2018

Ashley · Married on 05/25/2013

All the staff is friendly and terrific!!! Marc prepares absolutely delicious food. All of our guest had an amazing time. As a bride, they made my planning much more enjoyable and relaxing (hard to believe). The venue itself is gorgeous when in bloom and perfect for any type of outdoor occasion!! We loved the Gardens.

Sent on 05/31/2013

Audra · Married on 10/06/2012

3.0

This is a fantastic venue! I highly reccommend it to all brides. Great service! They are not super flexible on certain changes (particularly with the schedule time), but other than that, my husband and I had a great experience! Thanks so much to the Gardens!

Sent on 01/15/2013

3.5

The Gardens were wonderful for our wedding! They helped with details that we overlooked and kept everything in order.

Marc · Married on 09/20/2008

Wonderful venue. We received countless compliments from our family/friends on the venue (it was professional, beautifully set up, clean, etc), the food, the cake, the drinks, and the friendly staff. A few of our guests even mentioned that it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to. The Gardens gets a lot of credit for this.

They offer package deals for ceremony + reception, and it includes photographer, caterer, bartending, cake, DJ, etc. The quality of the vendors they have is very good. With the exception of the DJ, we couldn't have picked them out individually any better. They were also very flexible with our needs for the ceremony as well as the layout of the reception. we always received answers to our questions in a prompt and friendly manner.

The only thing I took off for on the quality, and to no fault of The Gardens themselves, is that there's a very active train line that runs nearby. Trains ran through every 20-30 minutes and were extremely noisy, which can be a problem for an outdoor ceremony. We worked through it with no problems, but it's something to be aware of.

Sent on 11/18/2008