The Garden Villa at Florida Federation of Garden Clubs Reviews

BEAUTIFUL OUT DOOR SPACE ! dress it up to your liking , its a canvas

Sent on 01/22/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Getting married on 10/26/2019

There is a beautiful woody/garden area for a ceremony and a gorgeous brick patio setting for a reception. The owners are very accommodating to different needs and dreams! We can't wait to see what happens as we continue building closer to our wedding date!

Sent on 04/01/2018
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 04/07/2019

Garden Privacy

When choosing a venue, my main goal was to find a place with an outdoor, garden setting...but where we'd not be intruded upon by random visitors. Some of the more public areas cannot keep onlookers from passing through. Garden Villa is a perfect location for that indoor/outdoor garden wedding...will full privacy for your party. So many lovely photo op areas, and beautiful nooks for photos...and its "all" yours on that day...no strolling bird watchers or family picnics in the background.

The inside was redone not too long ago, and so the room is a little different from the 3-D viewer on wedding wire. There is no longer a stage at one end of the room (which is much better). The gardens are well kept, and beautiful at any time of year. Definitely put this on your list!!!

Sent on 04/15/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon Henry · Married on 03/16/2019

Beautiful Venue!

We were incredibly happy with our venue choice!! Everything turned out perfectly. We went through Cocktails Catering and worked with Alycia. We have no complaints!

Sent on 04/02/2019
    The Garden Villa at Florida Federation of Garden Clubs 8

Carolyn · Married on 03/02/2019

I am having my wedding here next year and I absolutely cannot wait! I have been working with Alycia from cocktails and she has been so responsive and so helpful and very flexible with allowing me to visit the venue when I wanted! The venue is beautiful and exactly what we were looking for!!!

Sent on 08/21/2018
  • Elena

Elena · Married on 01/12/2019

Romntic Garden !

This venue was beyond gorgeous. We first visited in March and went several times throughout throughout the year till our wedding in January and in every season itwas beauriful. Bridal suite-- not super fancy but completely closed off with a door and with a bathroom. Recently redone wood floor inside also beautiful.

Sent on 01/22/2019
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 12/15/2018

Secret Garden

We got married December 15th and we were thrilled with our venue choice. The Garden Villa is gorgeous! The property is filled with lush romantic greenery and enchanting hidden corners perfect for wedding photos. The team was a dream to worked with and helped us pull off the perfect wedding day!

Sent on 02/16/2019
    The Garden Villa at Florida Federation of Garden Clubs 16
  • Tati

Tati Villa · Married on 11/17/2018

Romantic Venue

We had such a great experience with this vendor. They were flexible with multiple details we inquired about. The venue was a perfect blank canvas for us to create the wedding we had visioned!

Sent on 12/08/2018
  • Cortney

Cortney · Married on 01/27/2018

There is just so much to say about this venue! I was extremely close to giving up on my venue search when I came across the Florida Federation of Garden Clubs on a blog. I didn't know too many details, but I knew I wanted both my ceremony and reception to be outdoors. When my husband and I visited the site, we fell in love immediately.

The garden is nestled in the heart of Winter Park and is secluded where you truly feel like you are in your own world. What more could you ask for on your wedding day? The garden looks like a blank canvas at first glance, but it is so full of potential.

We had our ceremony on the grassy lawn that is shaded by many tree canopies (we advised guests to wear flats or wedges since we chose this area). After our ceremony, the guests walked on the sidewalk around to the ivory wall where cocktail hour was held. Our reception was on the patio covered area and I couldn't have been more pleased with our venue choice. It was truly idyllic.

I didn't have too much interaction with the staff at the Garden Club, but when I did they were very resourceful, directing me to who could help me with the question at hand. Overall, the value of this venue cannot be beat and if you have a vision for your wedding, the Florida Federation of Garden Clubs is the perfect canvas.

Sent on 02/05/2018
    The Garden Villa at Florida Federation of Garden Clubs 22
    The Garden Villa at Florida Federation of Garden Clubs 23
    The Garden Villa at Florida Federation of Garden Clubs 24

Summer · Married on 11/18/2017

Such a gorgeous venue!!! Loved having my wedding here. Worked perfect.

Sent on 11/20/2017

Maria · Married on 11/05/2016

Dawn was always a pleasure to work with. She answered all of our questions quickly and she let us stop by whenever we needed to double check everything. The venue itself is a hidden gem. Absolutely perfect for a wedding like ours, with 40 guests. There was plenty of free parking for our guests. It is located in a residential area but feels super secluded. There are lush trees, including cypress trees with gorgeous Spanish moss, in and around the outdoor area which provided the perfect backdrop for our wedding. All of our guests were raving about the location and how beautiful and perfect everything was. We held the ceremony in front of one of the large trees in the grassy area. The only thing I want to make sure to advise everyone is that the ground is soft out in the field and make sure to advise your guests to not wear open shoes or stiletto heels if you would be doing what we did. Of course, we already knew that so everyone was prepared! We held the reception on the platform area outside, on November 5th, and the weather was perfect. There are two private rooms for changing or storage of your personal items, at least two large bathrooms for your guests. Everything was spotless! There was also a large hall indoors that was very nice with a stage area, but the garden/outdoor area is so beautiful, we just had to take advantage! This venue provides several options for your perfect wedding, and it is so affordable! I can't say enough about this place! Thank you again, Dawn!

edit: I would also like to add that we are a lesbian couple, so FFGC is definitely LGBT-friendly!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Barbara · Married on 03/19/2016

This was a perfect venue for our wedding! We had 85 guests, including the wedding party. The garden setting and reception room are lovely. Dawn Murphy the General Manager was most helpful in recommending other wonderful vendors who helped make our day so special!

Sent on 04/06/2016

Alexis · Married on 07/05/2014

FFGC was such a wonderful site for our brunch reception. Dawn was a pleasure to work with, and the recent renovations have made this a perfect venue for parties under 100. The grounds are beautiful and even on a hot August day, we able to take advantage of the outdoors. I would recommend this venue to anyone searching for an affordable, unique, and classic venue.

Sent on 08/08/2014

Shannon · Married on 05/17/2014

Staff was beyond helpful. Flexible with payment. Venue was clean and absolutely beautiful. Had entire use of the whole property for ceremony and reception. Great value!

Sent on 09/25/2014

CINDY · event on 04/28/2014

IN A TIME OF CONFUSION AND STRESS THE EMPLOYEES AT THE FEDERATION MADE EVERY THING GO SMOOTH. THEY WERE HELPFUL, KIND AND THOUGHTFUL. THE FEDERATION GETS A 100% APPROVAL RATE WITH ME, FAMILY AND FRIENDS. I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR KINDNESS AND HELP THRU A ROUGH TIME. I CAN'T THINK OF ONE THING THAT THEY COULD HAVE DONE BETTER.
    THANKS SO MUCH
    CINDY MOSCATO AND ANNA RICHTER

Sent on 09/28/2014

Karen · Married on 12/28/2013

It's a nice place, ideal for a cozy ceremony, It's was perfect for our wedding because we wanted something familiar, we had our ceremony in the garden area and the reception inside. We had a great time :)

Sent on 12/31/2013

Connie · Married on 10/22/2016

I would definitely recommend. Beautiful venue for a wedding and reception.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Jessica · Married on 03/19/2017

The place is beautiful! Had my wedding there and the place was what I envisioned: trees, roses, the Florida outdoor look. Dawn was kind and helpful throughout the process. She was also prompt in answering questions I had. FFGC had a good list of companies but sadly I chose Cocktails. Cocktails was great at first throughout the planning process but the day of, the guy in charge didn't bring the rental chairs I had purchased and arrived 45 minutes late, leaving an hour to set up. He thought FFGC had chairs already (They don't. Only tables.) He had my bridesmaids and groomsmen help his company with setting up tables and chairs (He had to go back and get the chairs, which were out ten minutes before the ceremony). Would not recommend Cocktails for that reason. However, I do recommend FFGC. The person who oversaw my wedding that night was helpful and made sure that Cocktails corrected their mistake ASAP. Was thankful for her help. I had 70 people attend. If I had more, the tables would have filled up the reception room leaving little to no dance floor.

Sent on 06/29/2017

2.5

we had our wedding ceremony outside on the patio it was a white space that allowed us to put in our personal touches. I loved all the little touches they have created with the grounds. It is tucked away so it makes for a very private ceremony. We loved the bridal suite and because we did not use the reception area we were able to let the groom party get ready there. I was not impressed by the reception site it was old and outdated which is why we held the reception at a different venue.

Sent on 07/23/2014

Tiffany · Married on 02/27/2016

3.8
      3.5
      3.5

The FFGC was a great location for our wedding and the price was unbeatable! Our first impressions of the staff went well, however the month before our wedding we did experience some rudeness on various occasions. Overall the experience went well, the location was beautiful, and we have an outstanding time!

Sent on 03/13/2016

Dacia · Married on 05/23/2015

3.2
      3.0

I picked this venue for the location of my ceremony and reception. The outdoor garden area is beautiful. The indoor reception area definitely needs quite a bit of decor to help bring it to life. Our wedding day was made memorable and amazing by all the vendors that I hired. The ONE thing that went wrong on our wedding day was that we (the bridal party, coordinator, and beauty stylists) were locked out of the venue for almost THREE hours. On the day that we made our final payment, we had spoken with Ashley, the manager's assistant, saying that we would be arriving at 10 AM on our wedding day to begin decorating, hair and make up, etc. My now husband and day of event coordinator were there with me during this consult. On the day of the wedding, we could not get a hold of anyone. Everything went to voicemail and automated messages. It wasn't until one of my vendors set off the alarm to the venue before we were able to make contact with the manager. When the manager arrived, she acted as if we were inconveniencing her. She wouldn't accept that one of her staff was the cause of this misunderstanding and still wouldn't even let us in the venue. Our original contract (from the day we decided this venue was for us) said that we would be allowed access at 1 PM. This was only written down on the contract because we didn't know the exact timeline for the wedding, when the vendors would start arriving, etc. Then, on the day of the final payment/consult, we made it clear that we would like to arrive earlier than stated. In our talks with the venue staff, this was made clear and accepted. Being locked out for almost 3 hours was unacceptable for us and the manager didn't take responsibility for it, only making excuses.

Sent on 06/02/2015

The Garden Villa at Florida Federation of Garden Clubs's reply:

We are very sorry that Dacia is unsatisfied. The time of contract start and end is clearly stated on the contract. Dacia did not request nor pay for any additional hours outside of her contracted time and she confirmed at the 60 day mark that she understood those hours. The manager responded immediately to her panic call, arriving at the venue, several hours before the contracted time, granted her party access to the venue and remained with them for more than 3 hours until the scheduled staff arrived at the scheduled time. Dacia's was not charged for the additional hours she and her party were on property even though the mistake was entirely hers. We did all that we could, and without charge, to accommdate a very confused bride.

Allisha · Married on 03/25/2017

2.4
      0.5
      2.0
      2.0

The venue is very beautiful, and was perfect for our size wedding and theme. When we booked with Dawn, we were very excited, and she was very responsive. Once we signed the contract and paid deposit that responsiveness and courtesy diminished. We saved money (since we were in the project management business) to run our event personally, and had questions. When asking these questions to the venue, they were extremely rude on the phone and down right nasty; Dawn even went as far to tell my mother that our group would be a problem since we didn't hire a professional to handle our event. The day before, my mother and father went to venue to ensure that the garden had been trimmed and cleaned. It was not, the venue did step up and have their gardeners come and bring the area up to par. Saturday was our wedding, my project coordinator (friend of the family) showed up to start, the onsite representative was extremely helpful and pleasant. We were able to set up and get everything in order prior to our guest arriving. The onsite rep was a joy to work with, and she stated to my mother how pleased she was and that our set-up crew and caterers were one of the best she has had at the venue so far. We were very pleased with how the wedding turned out, as you know the bride doesn't get to see all the behind the scenes activities, but I did inquire afterwards. I would recommend this location for any couple wanting that intimate wedding, with a beautiful back-drop! However, I would recommend if you have any questions leading up to your day, to get it prior to signing the contract. It's like pulling teeth to make sure you are organized. The score of 2.4/5.0 is due to the communications with the venue prior to the event.

Sent on 04/23/2017

Victoria · Married on 11/17/2017

1.8
      1.0

I loved having my wedding there! It is so beautiful. I do not, however, like the way my family and I were treated from the very beginning. I read a few comments down where it says that Dawn the manager was helpful, and i have to be honest, she was NOT! She was not helpful at all, she was in a disgusting mood Every single time I saw her, she wouldn't let us rent additional hours and was not flexible at all, even if the contracts advises of additional rental times, she did agree to a 20 minute rehearsal and as my family walked up to the building at the agreed time she yelled at us and as i approached her she said she didn't remember the time and said we can stay outside because the building is closed and then slammed the door in my face. Well, i must say, i was nervous the day of my wedding only to be surprised to see someone else, and i must say, relieved. This lady was nice except when we got to the end of the night, she was rushing out my family and yelling at all of us to hurry up and clean about an hour earlier than what we paid for, and taking coffee out of my guests hands because it was time to close up. That type of service was disgusting and i have yet to receive information on their superiors that I'm sure they don't want to provide. Other than dealing with that, the location is beautiful and if they had someone better running the place im sure that it would flourish.

Sent on 11/30/2017