18 Reviews for The Food Muse

Plated (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
18 The Food Muse Reviews

It was a pleasure to work with the Food Muse for my wedding this September. From the first meeting to go over menu options and working with my budget, to the final clean up the day of, I always felt well taken care of. The Food Muse truly exceeded my expectations. The food was delicious and we got lots of compliments from our guests! Everything looked beautiful too! I would recommend the Food Muse to anyone!

Profile Picture Stephanie , 9/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Linda at the Food Muse was wonderful and very helpful and everyone loved the food!

Profile Picture Jennifer , 8/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Linda and Evan are amazing!! They are so easy to work with and will help devise a menu that meets any budget! Our venue recommended The Food Muse and we could not have been happier! Our guests complimented how great the food was! They provided bartenders for us and Even helped us with the amount of alcohol we needed to provide. Such a wonderful team, we would definitely recommend The Food Muse!!

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/24/17, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Stations

The Food Muse is as I rated them.....5 Star!
Professional,Friendly,Eager to please.
Now, the food......well I couldn't get enough! Family members told me to stop eating, that I beginning to look like a glutton!STOP, they said. Well, I am watching my waisteline. Anyway, book The Food Muse!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Peter, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Let me start our thoughts on Food Muse by saying that everyone RAVED about the food. My older brother and his family said that the hummus was the best he ever tasted, and he prefers to make his own. The macaroni & cheese was awesome, it went over incredibly well with both the adults and children! Everyone commented on how the chicken just fell off the bone, was perfectly seasoned and just overall delicious. The carved roast beef was a huge hit- I heard that multiple people went to get seconds. The pasta was amazing, and I was so happy that everything tasted exactly as it did when we went to our food tasting. I was warned by people who've gotten married before that the food will never taste as good as at it did at the tasting. Considering our venue only had a warming kitchen, I thought maybe it might be slightly different when the time came, but it was EXACTLY as delicious as when we tried it at first. That is an amazing feat and that was not lost on us! Chuck and I were so impressed with how delicious everything was the second time around, and we are just so happy with all the great feedback everyone gave us about it. It was an awesome feeling to know all of our guests loved the food as much as we did.
The best part about Food Muse is that they're a family business who not only have a passion for good food, but really care about their clients. They are not your typical big-catering company who are looking to pump out another wedding. They take the time to get to know you, and you really feel that they care about your day just as much as you do. Linda and Evan were so helpful, responsive, and kind throughout the whole process! They took the time to help me with any questions I had, and we couldn't be more grateful for that. Their entire staff were friendly & attentive throughout the night and we got many compliments on them as well! I highly recommend Food Muse to anyone who needs catering, and if we ever do in the future they will be the ones we call!

Profile Picture Melissa , 12/10/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: American, Italian, Vegetarian, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres

The Food Muse was so fantastic for us! They worked with us on whatever our needs were for my daughters wedding in our back yard. I highly recommend The Food Muse for any function you may have - they're really, really good! Best food and service I've ever had!

Profile Picture Dianne (mom), 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Linda, her husband and staff were so accommodating. They were so sweet. From the minute we met them for a food tasting to the day of the wedding Linda's emails were so personable. You can tell she really enjoys her job and participating in wedding days. She remembers each details. The nice thing is that they didn't have a fixed menu that we had to choose from. We told them what we were looking for (which was a casual feel) and she came up with ideas that we could do for food so that it was what we wanted. We had some scrumptious chicken, beef brisket and green beans. They have such creativity. We even gave them a special family recipe for bourbon hot dogs which they did for us. I would recommend The Food Muse to anyone. Linda and Evan are very professional and were so enthusiastic. They truly made me feel so special throughout the whole process.

Profile Picture Karen, 7/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Plated, Hors d'oeuvres, House Wine, House Beer

Linda, her husband and staff were so easy to work with, they could not have been more helpful with planning the catering for our daughter's wedding! They promptly responded to all of our questions and were easy to work with. The day of the event, we had quite a challenge with 30 inches of snow on the ground, but they were flexible with any sudden needs or changes that came up during the day. The food was absolutely delicious! Even though the weather was not cooperating, Linda and her staff were there with a smile and could not have been more kind and more helpful to us as the day and the snow progressed. This was a wedding to remember, that's for sure, but Linda made it less stressful for us and for that, we are deeply grateful! I recommend The Food Muse to anyone who wants good food at an affordable price. They are professional, easy to work with and they just want to make sure that you are happy! Trust me, if I have another event in my future, The Food Muse will be my first call.

Profile Picture Joyce, 1/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, American, Vegetarian, Champagne Toast, Specialty Wine, Specialty Beer

We couldn't have been happier with the food and service we received from The Food Muse. We received a recommendation from a bride who recently used Linda and her wonderful crew. Our tasting was so delicious and Linda was so cheerful and happily served us. You could immediately sense that she loves what she does. Linda gave us linens ahead of time so we could decorate our wedding venue before the wedding day. Our actual wedding day was the height of Winter Storm Jonas. Yeah, remember that huge blizzard we just had? That was our big day! Linda ensured that her staff would be safe and ready go, so she rented a house near the venue. Who does that?! During the ceremony, Linda came down and watch and I was so happy she took the time to watch. That showed me that she cared about us as a couple. Because so many guests couldn't come due to the snow, we had a LOT of food left over. 2/3 of our guests didn't make it, so Linda found a local food bank/kitchen and made sure it went to good use. Choose The Food Muse and you'll be treated to delicious food and quality service from a woman who is passionate about serving others by doing what she loves.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 1/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Italian, Buffet, Stations, Hors d'oeuvres, Champagne Toast, House Wine, House Beer

I love The Food Muse. First of all, they are THE most responsive vendor that I interacted with during my wedding planning. Linda is INCREDIBLE at getting back with people in an efficient and timely manner. She is professional, helpful and friendly. Genuinely a wonderful person. I loved meeting with her to give her my vision- she caught it so quickly and the day of... she delivered.

We decided to have doughnuts as our "cocktail hour" (we decided against alcohol), and when I told Linda about it- she loved it. She actually suggested a cream cheese fondue fountain to go with the doughnuts and I never would have thought of that. Our initial conversations about it, she just grabbed the vision and ran with it and I was so grateful to have a caterer who I felt like understood me. Well, they were such a hit, that they completely ran out - I mean, my husband and I walked in and there were none left! And everyone I talked to RAVED about them! I was a little disappointed I didn't get one, but I'm really glad they were so popular!

We had also decided to go with breakfast food and what they made was really good! Waffles, sausage, eggs, fruit, ham, juices, it was delicious. I was impressed by the fresh fruit and the sauce/whip cream she made for the waffles! The waffles were good as well, and the sausage was delicious. The food wasn't piping hot, but it was warm. Overall- great quality.

Linda's team was out of this world. She and multiple people on her team came and asked multiple times if we had everything we needed and did we need anything else. They were so friendly and they just blended into the background, I didn't even notice them - which I feel like is a good thing :)

Linda was great helping me before the wedding as well with a seating chart floor plan example. She delivered our linens a day early so we could have them for set up, and basically if you haven't gotten it by now, she was amazing.

5 out of 5 stars and then some!!

Profile Picture Liz, 12/12/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: American, Buffet

Linda and everyone at The Food Muse are fantastic. We were planning our wedding from out of state and Linda was extremely helpful with all of the planning. From picking out the menu, to the time line of the reception. She was very patient emailing me back and forth, and she always replied quickly. Even to late night emails.
The food was excellent, all of our guests enjoyed it. It was hot and flavorful. Linda's attention to detail goes over and beyond. She even had a gluten free plate made for my cousin. The staff especially Sarah was very friendly and helpful. Evan also was very helpful setting up the bar. I would definitely use The Food Muse again and I would recommend them to everyone.

Profile Picture Maureen, 10/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Linda and her team were amazing to work with since day 1. Before we met, I had previously selected a caterer who I was nervous about selecting (wouldn't call back, no confirmation, etc.). But when I talked to Linda, I never felt more calm, assured, and after the wedding, completely satisfied. The Food Muse team did a phenomenal job! The staff was friendly and accommodating. My wedding day could not have been more perfect,and I attribute that perfection to The Food Muse.

Profile Picture Kathleen, 6/7/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

The wedding was perfect;Linda and her staff were instrumental in making that so. It was intimate and delightful. The food ws great and the assistance Linda and her staff gave our guests was top notch. We are impressed with the professional approach, yet so individual. We loved it and would highly recommend Food Muse.

Profile Picture Ruth and Rod, 1/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The food was everything we had hoped for and our guests are continuing to rave about it. The food was served hot, very flavorful and the meat/chicken remained moist which was our biggest worry with choosing chicken. Linda and her team saw our vision and made a perfect meal to complement the Italian rustic ambience of our day. Easy to work with, adaptable to change and very creative. You will be very pleased with this vendor!!!

Profile Picture Nicole & Lou, 10/12/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Linda and her staff were excellent! They were very willing to work with me on creating a menu for my wedding and flexible in the way that we could pay them! Would definately recommend!

Profile Picture User1646240, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

I cannot even begin to express how grateful I am for the level of service that Linda and the entire Food Muse staff provided for my wedding. They not only worked with my husband and myself on planning our wedding brunch but, also helped us select linens, the event layout and also they helped with the flow of the event on our special day. They were so accommodating as far as working within our price range and any other special requests we had. We did not have to worry about a thing! Thank you again!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/6/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The Food Muse catered my wife and I's wedding back in October of 2016. Since the start they were kind, professional, responsive and easy to work with. Our tasting was fantastic, made us feel like we were out to eat at a restaurant haha. And the food was delicious! Then there was the wedding day, from the cocktail hour to the buffet dinner and dessert everything was great! My wife and I wouldn't have changed anything.

Profile Picture Ryan, 10/22/16, 1 Review