The Florida Aquarium Reviews

The Florida Aquarium 7
  • Danielle

Danielle · Getting married on 02/29/2020

Mesmerizing

Danny Workman was extremely helpful in answering all my questions and explaining how the flow of the ceremony and reception would tie into the landscape of The Aquarium. Our guests get to enjoy the aquarium experience during cocktail hour, we are so excited about out 2/26/20 wedding!!

Sent on 02/25/2019
  • Amber

Amber Hirschfield · Married on 05/11/2019

Beautiful!

We had our wedding ceremony and reception in the Coral Reef room over a month ago and we still receive compliments on the food (they work with Aramark) and that it was the most beautiful wedding our guests have ever been to- even compared to their own!
    Jaclyn was very accommodating, especially when we had to move our wedding date up by 6 months, due to a family emergency. It was definitely not ideal to plan a wedding in such a short amount of time, but she worked through the whole process with my planner, CJ, and myself. It was not a cheap wedding but if you have a limited budget, they will work with you so that you don't go over.
    I am so happy that we chose this venue and I cannot imagine having a more intimate and beautiful wedding than this.

Sent on 06/30/2019
    The Florida Aquarium 18
    The Florida Aquarium 19

Tiffany · Married on 11/17/2018

Out of this world, guests will be talking about our venue for a lifetime!

This venue is so unique, beautiful, and creates the setting for a fairytale wedding!

Sent on 11/20/2018
  • AmigWedding2017

Sadie · Married on 01/21/2017

My wedding was truly magical. The aquarium was the perfect venue. The staff was all fantastic and helped me so much with planning everything and making sure it was all perfect. All my guests were so impressed with how beautiful everything was. You will not be disappointed if you get married at the aquarium. Most of my guests told me that it was the best wedding they had ever attended and even surpassed their own. I wish I could give 10 stars because it was the PERFECT place.

Sent on 01/23/2017

Kerin · Married on 11/04/2016

Our wedding at the Florida Aquarium was absolutely flawless! It was seriously a dream and all of our guests said they had the best time at the most beautiful venue!! Jaclyn was just everything! I cannot thank her enough for making sure everything was perfect for us! The whole team was very helpful, friendly, and professional! They really wanted everything to be perfect and I just can't thank them enough! Worth ever penny??

Sent on 12/05/2016

Lisa · Married on 08/03/2016

I would 100% recommend the Florida aquarium! I was planning a destination wedding and fell in love with this venue from the pictures alone. I booked our wedding without ever seeing the venue in person till after I booked. The initial response for information was very prompt and and I felt very much at ease once I started talking with a representative from the sales department. Although I had started with 2 differnt managers I was lucky enough to have Lara as my point of contract. What impressed me the most was when I made the trip down to see venue (after I had booked) she literally started with me from square one as if I was a new client and made the process that much easier. She was very prompt and paid attention to every detail. I trusted her and her team and the wedding was perfect start to finish. And since I wasn't able to make trip down for tasting I can say that the food tasted great! I can say that our guests are still talking about the wedding and its definitely unforgettable. Our guests even commented on how attentive the server staff was. If your looking for great service, unique venue, and even value look no further. You'll be extremely happy to choose this venue.

Sent on 08/29/2016

Bill · Married on 07/08/2016

The Florida Aquaium was the perfect place for our wedding and reception. We just loved the aptmosphere and our guest were so really impressed with it. Abigail and Bill

Sent on 07/29/2016

We will be getting married at the aquarium this upcoming May and are absolutely thrilled about the venue. I mean how can you say no to a wedding where the backdrop is a gorgeous tank with beautiful sharks and tropical fish, plus penguins walking down the aisle?! and a sting ray touch tank at the cocktail hour where penguins also mingle?!.....it was an obvious choice for my fiance and I. They keep the exhibits open for your guests to enjoy and they have options to decorate everything! The price is extremely reasonable and the venue is spectacular. Only word of warning, they fill up fast! So if you get engaged and want a Saturday be quick with securing this spot as their Saturdays are limited. Can't wait to write a review after our wedding!

Sent on 10/15/2015

Susan · Married on 01/31/2016

If you are looking for something Unique this is the place. We had both our ceremony and reception here and it came out beautiful. The best part we didn't have to do a lot of decorating since the tanks where the back drop. You get assigned your own coordinator and they help you with everything. You can add different options or keep it simple. The food was amazing and everything went perfect!

Sent on 04/28/2016

Chelsea · Married on 10/24/2015

my sister had her rehearsal dinner here and it was amazing. we were in the room with the hugggggeeee glass wall. it was amazing. you really don't even need decorations isn't it is so breath taking. people try to said thing like " oh but it will smell like fish"....... the fish aren't flopping around LOL. it doesn't smell like fish or anything like that. the food was great and during the cocktail hour before they brought out a penguin! which we couldn't hold since they poop a lot apparently. but still it really was a great time and it was so fun to just watch all the sea life and have that as the backdrop for the rehearsal dinner. also the big sea turtle kept swimming into rocks so that was pretty sad yet hilarious since it seemed like he was drunk. while the father of the groom was giving a toast the turtle was right behind him the whole time. it really is an overlooked venue that is gorgeous!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/04/2015

The Aquarium was a perfect venue for our wedding. Ashley was there to help us every step of the way. They allowed us to come anytime, always available by phone for questions, and very easy to work with. The wedding was incredible, both our ceremony and reception were in the coral reef room. We had the penguins and the fog screens and definitely suggest both! We would highly recommend this venue to anyone! You will not find a friendlier staff or more unique location!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Katelyn · Married on 09/06/2015

Our wedding Coordinator was Natalie, she was very enthusiastic, approachable, and friendly with us and our guest for every need we had. Natalie made our day so magical and go by so smoothly with everything that went on she was there for everything especially during any stressful moment she was resilient and quick to solve the problem and make us feel reassured. She was so precise with every detail and moment that was going on during the wedding. I couldn't imagine how that day would have gone without her, but I'm so happy that we did!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Kristine and Beata · Married on 08/08/2015

Better Than You Will Ever Dream - That's the only way I can describe our wedding at the FL Aquarium! We are only 11 days into our "happily ever after" and not a day has gone by that guests from our wedding haven't contacted us about the incredible, memorable time they had!
    We had an intimate destination wedding with about 42 guests which allowed us to utilize the coral reef room for both our ceremony and reception. Our guests couldn't get over the backdrop we had in this room - views of sharks above our heads as we said our vows made for some unbelievable photos.
    Mary coordinated our menu and gave us an amazing array of foods that everyone was able to enjoy....from the shrimp cocktail display at the cocktail hour to the build-your-own mashed potato bar, the food was wonderful. Mary worked so well with us and made sure everything was just as we requested.
    Enough complimentary words can't be said about Natalie Melillo - our wedding coordinator/planner at the aquarium. We are from NJ and we happened to find the FL Aquarium in a search for unique wedding locations. We had serious concerns about trying to plan a destination wedding, but once we met Natalie, all our worries disappeared. She responded quickly to all of our MANY emails and went out of her way to help us coordinate all aspects of the wedding. After a year and a half of planning from afar, the week of the wedding was upon us. We arrived in FL a week before our wedding and were able to remain relaxed and enjoy our time with friends and family who had flown in early knowing that Natalie had everything under control. On our actual wedding day, our only focus was each other......we knew everything would be perfect.....and it was! Natalie kept us calm, well-fed, and enjoying every minute of our magical day. Natalie ..... you rock!
    My wife and I couldn't be happier and we will remember our wedding in this incredible venue for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 08/20/2015

Beata · Married on 08/08/2015

Words cannot express how magical The Florida Aquarium is for a wedding venue. It's been 12 days since my wife and I exchanged our vows in front our friends, family, fish, and penguins. Our guests are still raving about how unique and entertaining the venue was. We worked closely with Natalie Melillo who was our wedding coordinator and she has been absolutely amazing from the very start to the last minute of our wedding night. My wife and I are from NJ, and at first thought planning a destination wedding seemed a bit overwhelming and stressful, that is until we met Natalie. After that, everything was smooth sailing! She was excellent with communicating with us via email and phone. All our requests were fulfilled and taken care of. The day of our wedding we didn’t worry about a thing, everything was beyond perfect. The Coral Reef room was set up beautifully with rose pedals along the sides of the aisle. Natalie and her team transformed the room after the ceremony to our reception area in the blink of an eye. Our guests couldn’t believe the speed of the flawless transition.
    Natalie, I can write a book about how wonderful you are at what you do. We are forever grateful for your passion and dedication in making our wedding day the Best Day of Our Lives.

I would marry my wife again just to re-live that magical night.

Sent on 08/21/2015
  • User5081918 · 2+ years ago

Choosing the Florida Aquarium as my venue was best decision I made for the wedding. Not only did the Aquarium make for a super fun and incredibly beautiful venue with unique and gorgeous picture opportunities, but the Aquarium gives you an events coordinator who is a fantastic resource for wedding planning. I had the great luck of working with Ashley and to say that she went above and beyond for my wedding is an understatement! She answered questions which hadn’t even occurred to me yet, provided an incredibly helpful list of suggested vendors, coordinated with all my vendors, and held my hand through the entire process. She kept us on time, guided us through the day, positioned my train to head, made sure we got to eat, and even added her own special touches, for which we were extremely grateful and overwhelmed by her kindness. I would have been lost without Ashley! Every single staff member we encountered at the Aquarium was so nice and made me genuinely feel like our wedding was super important to each of them, rather than one wedding out of a million. We used the Coral Reef room for both the ceremony and dinner and it was simply incredible. Just over a month later, our guests are still talking about it! It was a fun night for everyone! At the Florida Aquarium, you are contracted to use Aramark Catering: they were phenomenal! The food was delicious; the staff was so kind and totally on top of everything, and all my partying guests were thrilled with the bar! I got to work with both Mary and Anna and they took great care of us in the planning process and took excellent care of our guests night of. Our wedding was everything I had hoped it would be, and it is all thanks to the Florida Aquarium and the staff there. I absolutely recommend the aquarium, it is worth every penny and you will be in such good hands!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Lindsey · Married on 06/22/2015

We chose the Florida Aquarium in Tampa for our wedding. It was a perfect and unique venue. We live in Jacksonville, but the venues there did not work for our style. Ashley was a great events coordinator and made sure everything was in order for us for our big day. We had our ceremony and the reception in the Coral Reef room. The room was beautiful with the sharks and turtles swimming around. Our guests loved the location since it was fun and different for them as well. Having our wedding at this venue was an amazing experience.

Sent on 07/09/2015

Lauren · Married on 06/13/2015

Our wedding was absolutely AMAZING! Everything we had hoped for and even more! Natalie was our coordinator and she helped us so much. She was so organized and also patient with our rowdy wedding party during the rehearsal. Mary was amazing at catering to us for the food. We wanted a custom menu and she didn't even blink an eye and it turned out perfect! Our guests have not stop texting us about how this was the most entrainment and beautiful wedding they have ever been to!

Sent on 06/15/2015

2 months later people are still talking about how amazing our venue was. If you want to have an extent aiming mom traditional venue, THIS IS THE PLACE! Natalie was our coordinator ans helped so much! Mary was a doll at helping with our picky food requests. Hands down the best decision ever!

Sent on 08/18/2015

Jessica · Married on 06/06/2015

My husband and I were married at the Florida Aquarium on June 6th, 2015, and could not have been any happier with our decision! Our guests are still talking about how unique it was to have the wedding at the Aquarium and what a great time they had! Everyone raved about how the food was amazing, too! The staff at the Aquarium made sure that that had every little detail in place so that our night was special!
    We worked with Ashley in the planning of our wedding, she really made everything seem so simple and kept it stress free! Ashley was always very responsive to our questions and concerns throughout the planning process. The day of the wedding Ashley kept everything running so smoothly, we really could not have asked for anyone better!

We definitely had the wedding of our dreams, and one that didn't break the bank!

I can't thank the staff at the Aquarium enough for making my wedding the prefect day!

Sent on 06/12/2015

This is an amazing venue! ALL of our guest kept telling us that we had the best wedding that they have ever been to. The event staff at the aquarium and their partner Aramark are absolutely beyond amazing. I felt like I didn't have to put in as much effort to plan the wedding because the aquarium provides these amazing people to help you ever step of the way. They respond to emails very quickly and during the big day they are there every step making sure you get what you need and everything is perfect.

Sent on 06/09/2015

Amanda · Married on 04/18/2015

The Florida Aquarium is THE BEST VENUE for weddings EVER!!!! It is a wonderfully unique venue, with a one-of-a-kind background, incredibly helpful staff, and fantastic food. I booked the Coral Reef room at TFA for my wedding ceremony and reception for 5 hours, and also purchased the underwater lighting affect, and a penguin to walk down the isle during our ceremony. My wedding planner, Natalie, was incredibly helpful. Anytime I (or my mom) had a question, she was able to respond via email or phone call. She made planning my wedding very easy. Also, because the venue was such a unique venue, they have a list of preferred vendors to use (photographers, officiants, DJs, hotels, etc), and that was INCREDIBLY helpful. I am a destination bride, so I did not have the option to visit with vendors, so having that list made it much easier with the selection of my vendors. It was also great that their venue rental was all-inclusive. I did not have to worry about having to pay a separate fee for cake cutting, top-shelf liquor, silverware, chivari chairs, etc.
    During my wedding weekend, Natalie was very helpful, especially since she was my day-of wedding coordinator. She helped me around the venue, keeping us on schedule, and even fluffed my dress when I was walking down the isle. I could have not asked for a more perfect venue or staff assisting me, and making my wedding day perfect!
    Also, they have their own on-site caterer, and their food is delicious! Their appetizers for the cocktail hour, and their plated dinner was phenomenal. And Mary, the catering person who worked with on our wedding, was also incredibly helpful throughout the process.

Sent on 05/30/2015

Danielle · Married on 03/28/2015

We got married in March of 2015. I cannot begin to say how AMAZING Ashley and her team were throughout our planning process and our big day! Any questions that we had were answered without hesitation and they really put together the best wedding we could've imagined (and the tanks are just breathtaking). The bustle of my wedding dress was ripped out by one of our guests and without second thought, Ashley was there to fix my bustle. Their team always made sure we had what we needed throughout the night. Professional would be an understatement and they were so much fun throughout the night (the perfect addition to our wedding). All of our wedding guests commented how smooth the whole night went and how into our wedding the Florida Aquarium staff was. We were worried at first about how the food at the aquarium would be but it was nothing short of superb. The staff helped make our day feel as special as they would want theirs to be..it didn't feel like they were just working "another" wedding . We cannot thank Ashley enough for being so wonderful and for having an amazing team! We can't wait for another excuse to have a party so we can work with this staff again!

Sent on 06/05/2015

Lindsay · Married on 03/21/2015

I worked with Ashley at the Florida Aquarium to plan my wedding and reception. She was responsive and easy to work with - which was important since I was planning my wedding from another state and could not meet with her in person often. On the day of our event, Ashley handled every detail. She coordinated with our vendors, oversaw the setting of furniture and decorations, and made sure our event moved along in a timely and efficient manner. At the end of the evening, she even made sure that her staff packed up everything we brought with us - meaning my wedding party got to enjoy the reception instead of having to pack up. It was an amazing night at a unique venue.

I worked with Mary to coordinate all of the catering. We had a sit down dinner, and considering the price we paid included appetizers and an open bar, the price was more than reasonable. Our food tasted amazing, and the portions were generous - far more than I expected. There was an unfortunate accident where an entire tray of food was dropped, but the staff handled it well and worked quickly to get food to guests as fast as possible. All of our guests were pleased with their meal.

Sent on 03/28/2015

Alex · Married on 03/07/2015

The Florida Aquarium has the perfect backdrop for a ceremony in front of the giant shark tank, so decor is minimal! The staff at the aquarium for weddings is so professional and unbelievably organized. They do this all the time so everything went perfectly. Natalie was our wedding coordinator and she was so awesome and relaxed. It helped me relax! I realized early on that email is best way to get in touch with their staff. They work odd hours for events so they will answer back usually within 2 days. Much faster than waiting for someone to call you back. Our cocktail hour was on the outside deck and reception in the explore-a-shore outside area. Weather was perfect in March, and was underneath an overhang just in case of rain. My husband and I were so impressed with how everything turned out! Our guests raved about the food and the venue. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 03/27/2015