The Firehouse Restaurant Reviews

The Firehouse Restaurant 5
The Firehouse Restaurant 6
The Firehouse Restaurant 7

Paul · Married on 05/19/2018

We had our wedding and reception in May 2018 at The Firehouse Restaurant and were thoroughly delighted with every aspect of our once-in-a-lifetime day. As long-time Sacramento residents, we chose Old Sacramento for its historic importance and ease of revisiting the venue to many anniversaries to come. After reaching out to Randy Bowling, Special Events Director, we were pleased to hear that The Firehouse Restaurant was available on the date and time we wanted.

Randy met with us early in our planning process, and asked us what type of experience we were seeking. Not only did he map out a plan that delivered the wedding of our dreams within our budget, he also offered many helpful wedding planning and décor tips that saved us additional money. We then contacted our florist, baker, MC/DJ and photographer and let them know we had chosen The Firehouse as our venue. I knew we made the right decision when every one of our vendors stated they had worked with The Firehouse in the past and were thrilled that we had chosen this venue.

During the ceremony and reception the service was top-notch. The staff made sure all the guests were seated on time, and that the wedding party was in place and ready to go. The ceremony started exactly on time and flowed according to plan throughout the entire day. From the passed appetizers through lunch, toasts, cake cutting, bouquet toss and dancing, the rest of the day was flawless.

The best part about our Firehouse wedding is that my wife and I were able to thoroughly enjoy the day without worrying about any of the coordination details. The entire wedding and ceremony went off without a hitch, and we were able to enjoy ourselves and our guests on this most important day of our lives.

The Firehouse Restaurant offers 58 years of fine-dining experience, hosts 90 to 100 weddings per year, provides one of the most beautiful venues with a patio area, and deserves to be at the top of your list of wedding venues!

Jennea · Married on 10/01/2017

I can't say enough good things about The Firehouse Restaurant and especially Randy!

I'll start off with the food. We chose a duet dinner menu for our guests (which I highly recommend). The food was amazing! All of the guests raved about the food to us. The venue itself is beautiful, which is why we chose it in the first place. The whole feel to the place is so romantic. Especially with all of the lights on and candles at night. Randy and his team really brought everything together and made it look even better than I ever imagined. Our wedding day was the perfect day! A big thank you to Randy for helping us get everything coordinated along the way and on the big day. :)

The Firehouse Restaurant 8
    The Firehouse Restaurant 15
    The Firehouse Restaurant 16
    The Firehouse Restaurant 17

Kathy · Married on 09/22/2017

We had the most amazing wedding at the Firehouse! Randy, the wedding coordinator we worked with, attended to all of our needs and wants. He was super responsive to all of our questions in the months leading up to the wedding. We had a non-traditional officiant, so we relied heavily on Randy’s knowledge of ceremony procedures, too. He was super patient with our wedding party as well. The rehearsal was super helpful, too.
    I cannot even describe how beautiful the reception was. I had no idea how much was going on to prepare the courtyard while I was getting ready. I cannot believe how stunningly elegant the lights in the trees and the table settings looked.
    The food was really delicious, as is to be expected at the Firehouse. I am so grateful to the staff for making sure we got a plate of appetizers and a chance to sit down and actually eat our meal. Thanks so much for everything!

Rachael · Married on 07/09/2016

Our wedding at Firehouse was everything we had ever dreamed of. Their courtyard grill and patio accommodated our 200+ guests perfectly! If I were to plan the wedding all over again, I would absolutely do it here! The food was amazing, the atmosphere is classy and romantic, and the staff is so professional and helpful!

Cindy · Married on 05/06/2016

My husband and I got married at the Firehouse on May 6, 2016. It was the perfect venue for us! We lived in San Diego, but I am from the Sacramento area. We looked at a couple venues online in San Diego but the prices were way out of our league. We saw the Firehouse online and emailed them for some package pricing. Their wedding coordinator Randy immediately got back to me and set up an appointment. It was the first place we looked at in person and it was all we needed. After the tour Randy gave us, we were sold. It was perfect. We were looking for a traditional venue that was in budget. The pricing couldn't be beat! We got married on their back patio and it was more beautiful than I ever could have imagined. The pictures online doesn't do it justice. The staff was amazing. The wait staff had everything out on time, the food was amazing, and they were always making sure that we had everything we needed. I highly recommend this place, not just as a restaurant but as a wedding venue. I heard from many people that was the best wedding they had ever been to!

Angela · Married on 12/20/2015

The Firehouse was perfect for us. People kept commenting on how incredibly beautiful the venue was, how superb the food was, and how nice all the staff were. Randy took my disorganized ideas and plans, and he helped bring them together into something wonderful. Everything went so smoothly. We were able to just watch it all come together and enjoy our wedding day knowing that everything was in good hands.

Ashley · Married on 09/19/2015

This is the BEST venue in the Sacramento area. Randy is the best in the business. We had a 1st class wedding thanks to him and his staff. He was so responsive and so helpful...without him, we wouldn't have gotten through it! He is honest and provides the best suggestions. The rest of the staff including Bo were great - we were so well taken care of the whole night, always checked on to see how we were doing, and staff made sure our meal was perfect and that we had everything we needed (and we never went without a drink!). They literally take care of everything for you - everything was set up exactly how we wanted it. The courtyard is so beautiful that you really need minimal decorations - it speaks for itself. It was like an enchanted forest. Everyone of our guests commented on how excellent the food was. Thank you for making our wedding absolutely perfect! We would recommend The Firehouse to anyone without hesitation.

Elise · Married on 09/12/2015

My husband and I got married at The Firehouse one month ago, and it was an absolute dream! Randy, The Firehouse's wedding coordinator, is incredible. We felt so, so lucky to have his help. Wedding planning can be stressful, but he helped us navigate the process and we knew we were in good hands after our first meeting with him. After our wedding, we kept hearing from family and friends how incredibly smooth the day went, and how The Firehouse team did an amazing job. We couldn't have agreed more! The venue is stunning and the food was delicious (many people said it was the best wedding food they've ever had). I absolutely loved our wedding and we're so happy we got married at The Firehouse. We'd recommend the venue/staff to anyone looking to get married in Sacramento!

• User5192967 · 2+ years ago

I don't think I can say enough good things about this venue. Every room is beautiful, we decided on the outside courtyard to have our ceremony and reception in. As the bride, I honestly felt overwhelmed at the things that go into planning a wedding until the wedding coordinator for the Firehouse, Randy, step in and started asking questions and giving me helpful ideas. He was a blessing that came with the venue. He not only helped create a timeline that allowed us to eat, great, and hit everything on the reception to do list but he helped a very frazzled bride decide on table centerpieces. I had grand ideas but the day of the wedding things got chaotic and I ended up saying help I have no idea what I'm doing just make it pretty and each table turned out beautiful. We also had our cake vendor back out at the last minute so our 'cake' ended up being tiramisu in glass bakeware. Randy, somehow, managed to make the cake table look flawless and as though it was meant to be. The waiters and waitresses were also a huge help during the night. The easily glided out with every course of the meal and cleared food away just as fast. Our wedding was better than I could have ever dreamed it to be and a huge part of that is thanks to the Firehouse staff. They took over the chaos and let us enjoy our wedding.

Kelly · Married on 07/10/2015

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Firehouse Restaurant in July 2015. The venue is beautiful and needs little decorations. The food was fabulous and the service overall was great. Randy, the wedding coordinator, was such a pleasure to work with. Everything was perfect and stress free because of Randy. We highly recommend having a wedding or event at the Firehouse Restaurant.

Dylan · Married on 04/11/2015

We chose the The Firehouse Restaurant's outside courtyard and patio as our wedding ceremony and reception venue, and let me tell you we cannot have made a better choice. Randy and his wedding coordination staff were absolutely outstanding every step of the way during the planning process. He catered to our needs, made excellent suggestions, was very responsive at all stages, employed a very courteous and helpful staff on the day of, and made sure the bride and groom were taken care of on their special day. DO NOT GO ANYWHERE ELSE, this premiere location and venue will support all your wedding day needs! Thanks so much Randy! Dylan and Leah Van Dyne

Jula · Married on 03/29/2015

Great food. Impeccable customer service. Perfect venue for our wedding. :)

Amanda · Married on 01/03/2015

The main word guests have used to describe our wedding is 'magical.' The Firehouse is truly a magical venue that offers so many different options for the look and feel you are going for. Randy and his staff were professional, responsive and incredibly personal. My groom and I didn't want to see eachother until the moment I walked down the aisle...the staff really went the extra mile to ensure that was the case! They set up everything the way we wanted (candles, photo frames, flowers, etc) so beautifully. When I walked into the reception in the Courtyard Grill, I was stunned with how beautiful the room looked. I had some different ideas on how I wanted the bridesmaids to be involved in the ceremony...Randy listened to and understood my ideas and brought them to life more beautifully than I imagined. Still pinching myself that it all wasn't just a dream.

Ellie · Married on 11/01/2014

My dinosaur themed wedding was perfect at the Firehouse in the courtyard. The staff and services were amazing. Randy was a wonderful contact for anything and everything we needed. Everyone was polite and lovely throughout the evening and I couldn't have asked for better. I just wish I could do it again next year.

Kishaun · Married on 08/23/2014

Words cannot describe the joy and thankfulness I have for Randy and his staff at The Firehouse! Randy always made me feel comfortable and calm, even during the stressed out periods in planning. The day of the event was flawless! They did everything they were supposed to do and more. The venue location itself could be transformed in any way you want. The value for the quality of food, service, and venue cannot be compared! I had a blast planning and celebrating my wedding with The Firehouse! I totally recommend researching your event at The Firehouse before committing anywhere else!

Beverly · Married on 07/18/2014

I loved the firehouse and Randy was able to make the process as stress free as possible. They set up our ceremony chairs and then had our tables set up basically without any guests noticing. They took care of us as Bride and groom and seriously nothing went wrong the day of the wedding. The food was beyond amazing and they even helped up keep some of our costs down.

• Buffee

Buffee · Married on 06/21/2013

From beginning of communication to the moments following the close of our reception, Firehouse did an AMAZING job! Our personal contact was Randy, and I LOOOOVE Uncle Randy! Highly recommended! They treated us like royalty and it was a blast! We used the Courtyard and it was gorgeous; food was perfect and service was flawless. I could not say enough wonderful things about it. Thank you.

Shannon · Married on 05/03/2009

They were wonderful and easy to work with. My wedding was the best!

• Amy Burns

Amy · Married on 09/12/2008

I absolutely loved my wedding planner that came with my wedding venue!!! She helped so much with any questions I had, She helped me stay calm before the big day, & was so much help when the wedding was going on. The food at the firehouse was sooo impressive, all of my guests were pleased with the service & setting of the back courtyard. I would definitely recommend getting married here.

Lindsey · Married on 04/29/2012

The Firehouse Restaurant did a great job with our wedding. Frank was great about follow-up and made us feel at ease. Everyone raved about the food-of course, that's why we chose it! And the patio was beautiful. Thanks for making our day so special!

Sally · Married on 08/01/2014

The food was amazing (so I have heard, I didn't eat much as the bride!). The venue is beautiful - a simple elegance. Needs very little decoration because it is so lush and green. We got exactly what we wanted and did so within our budget. My husband and I always had a beverage in our hand and the staff was always checking in with us to see what we needed food wise. I felt like there could have been a little more coordination between the venue and vendors as far as the schedule for the evening. Over all, a great experience and would definitely recommend the Firehouse as a wedding venue - even for a budget wedding.

Amy · Married on 09/26/2008

THe Firehouse is a very nice place to get married. We got married in the courtyard and it couldn't have been more perfect. The lights, setting, everything was just perfect. The food is amazing and the waitstaff is great. The only blip on the screen is that scheduling a rehearsal can be difficult since they are a restaurant and have guests in the courtyard for lunch/dinner everyday. We had a 30-minute rehearsal outside and then had to move to a room inside to finish because the courtyard was booked for an event. Other than that, things were great. I recommend having a friend or family member oversee some fo the set-up. I had my sister-in-law doing centerpieces & she made sure everythig was set up correctly and the tables were all there & correct. The Firehouse does not take responsibility for that kind of stuff so it's best if you have someone there that knows what's going on. Overall, perfect.

Emily · Married on 06/09/2017

3.5

The team at the Firehouse was good, but Randy (the coordinator) was GREAT. I was skeptical at having our wedding at a restaurant but after the walk through we know it was the right place for us. Working with Randy was a dream, he was always direct about what he needed from us but polite and playful. The venue worked out perfectly for us, we barely had to decorate at all, all of the food was amazing and I was told more than once that it was the most beautiful wedding anyone had been to!

• F

Faye · Married on 07/06/2014

On the day of the wedding the entire staff was so courteous to all of the guests, catering to any request made and making sure everyone was satisfied. The day went off without a hitch. They set up all the decor and it looked exactly how I had pictured it. They have such a beautiful courtyard/venue and the food was AMAZING!

Tiffany · Married on 06/20/2012

3.0

A bit on the expensive side but was very accommodating...especially on last minute changes/additions. Responsiveness on phone calls could be better but email was great! Very romantic and beautiful with my very minimal decoration. I loved it!