The Fetzer Center Reviews

The Fetzer Center 5
The Fetzer Center 6
The Fetzer Center 7

patricia · Married on 08/25/2018

Great place Outdoor wedding the garden was wonderful Mrs. Stacy Linder-Travis was awesome
    WMU staff was great.

Sent on 09/02/2018

Katie · Married on 08/05/2017

They made my dad so very special. Everyone was very efficient and on time. The staff is super friendly and could always answer my questions. The prices were reasonable and the venue was beautiful!

Sent on 10/18/2017
    The Fetzer Center 15
    The Fetzer Center 16
    The Fetzer Center 17

The Fetzer Center's reply:

Thank you for the awesome review! We are so glad we could help you with your special day!

Lynn · Married on 09/17/2016

My husband and I could not be happier to have hosted our wedding reception at the Fetzer Center. We met while attending WMU so it was the perfect place to celebrate our marriage. I could go on for pages and pages about how wonderful it was having our wedding at Fetzer, so I'll try to keep it short. Shannon and Todd and the whole team were absolutely incredible. They were so flexible with what we wanted and accommodated almost every request we made, but were also completely realistic when tempering our expectations. The space was beautiful and the perfect size. The outdoor deck space was lovely and a great place to gather away from the music. And can we talk about the FOOD?? We were getting comments the whole night about how amazing the food was. It came out piping hot and was so delicious. The mini desserts were exactly what we wanted and the late-night sliders were a total hit. Todd got creative designing a signature drink for us and it was so popular the bartenders actually ran out of the ingredients! It was such an amazing evening and I could not be more grateful to the whole team at Fetzer for helping us create our dream wedding. I really think this venue is Kalamazoo's greatest hidden treasure! THANK YOU so much for everything!!!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Adriene · Married on 07/16/2016

We are so happy we selected the Fetzer Center for the venue for our reception. The staff at Fetzer is amazing! Everyone was so genuinely excited for us. They gave great suggestions in planning for the big day! Our food was delicious! The staff was so accommodating to what we wanted. I highly recommend using the Fetzer for your big day! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 08/04/2016

Ratsamy · Married on 07/25/2015

From the beginning to the end, the staff repsonded immediately to emails and was available to meet when I could. If I had to drop off anything all the staff there were very helpful and made sure the right people got the information or whatever it was I needed. I was so pleased along with all my guests who could not stop gushing about the food and the facility. They decorated with what I had and what they had, all along communicating with me.
    The package included cocktail hour, ice sculpture, all the linens in all the colors and the tastings were done amazing. You got to see how they could decorate or what they had from the appetizers to all the many assortments of foods they had. I had a budget for the bar and they were so accomodating and helped get the groom what he wanted too. Just so happy I did not have to have my wedding party clean up afterwards, they set up and cleaned up for us. SO Happy to have gone with them.

Sent on 08/28/2015

All I can say is all around AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!!!!! They literally made my reception dreams come true! PROFESSIONAL top notch service! Friendly atmosphere! Ease all your worries and take care of everything! They actually care about you and really take care of you! They end up being all your friends in the end! I wouldnt have an event anywhere else now!

Sent on 07/30/2015

They were amazing. Super supportive, really easy to work with. Worth every single penny. Made our day so incredibly special.

Sent on 07/21/2015

The Fetzer center was such a great venue and staff to work with. I couldn't imagine our wedding day being any better. It was the perfect day!!

Sent on 11/08/2015

Michelle · Married on 10/11/2014

The staff at the Fetzer Center went above and beyond to make our day perfect! We had both our ceremony and reception at this venue and both were beautiful! We had an outdoor ceremony on their amazing raised deck. Our wedding was in October in Michigan, so we were concerned about the weather, however they had a back-up indoor location right on site so that put our minds at ease. Everything is provided by the Fetzer staff; alcohol service, catering, full set-up and take-down. We had a server assigned specifically to us who took care of my fiance, our bridal party, and me before, during, and after the wedding. The food was amazing and we received many compliments on it. The way they decorated was absolutely gorgeous. I had a lot of personal touches that I wanted included and they made it their mission to make my vision a reality. The price we paid was worth every single penny and I think the service we received was worth much more than we paid. I could not possibly say enough good about this venue!

Sent on 11/01/2014

Shannon · Married on 09/20/2014

The Fetzer Center was amazing! The people (Todd and Lyndsee) where great to work with and took the stress way by going above and beyond to help with anything you need and make sure your day is exactly how you imagine it to be! I keep getting compliments on how wonderful the food was as well! I can't even express how much we we loved having our reception here and highly highly recommend the Fetzer Center to anyone looking for a wedding venue!

Sent on 10/03/2014

Elaina · Married on 06/15/2014

We enjoyed ourselves and the fetter center did an excellent job making that happen!

Sent on 09/09/2014

Logan · Married on 05/24/2014

The best choice I made for my wedding was booking the Fetzer center!!! Shannon, Todd and their team totally exceeded our expectations and truly made my wedding an event to remember! They went above and beyond and I truly appreciate everything they did for us!!! THANK YOU so so much!

Sent on 06/24/2014

Maggie · Married on 05/23/2014

The Fetzer Center was incredible, they made everything so simple and stress free. Not only did our ceremony and reception look absolutely stunning but everyone was so kind and friendly. We met with their event coordinator who went over everything with us making sure they knew what we wanted and they took it from there! They truly do a fantastic job.

Sent on 06/18/2014

Katelyn · Married on 09/21/2013

The food was delicious. The service was great. One of the servers spilled on my dress (just an accident but horrifying none the less) other than that the servers did a very nice job.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Mary · Married on 07/13/2013

I can't express how fantastic a job they did to make our daughters disney themed wedding perfect in every way. They even did a opening dance to our surprise to Be Our Guest as the door's flew open and the salads were serviced to our guests. Our friends are still commenting as to how much fun they had at the wedding and that is due to all the help from the whole staff at Fetzer. Well done and thank you so very much.

Sent on 09/11/2013

Amber · Married on 06/01/2013

Fetzer Center did an AWESOME job! It looked incredible,the food could not have been better,and they did all the work!! Made my vision a reality!!! Would highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/18/2013

Jessica · Married on 05/19/2012

We used them for our reception. It was fantastic and Lyndsee and her staff exceeded all expectations!

Sent on 06/17/2012

I had my wedding reception at the Fetzer Center and everything was beautiful and well organized. All the staff were wonderful, nice, and helpful. I would definitely recommend the Fetzer Center to anyone looking for an event venue!

Sent on 11/13/2013

Julie · Married on 06/25/2010

We loved the Fetzer Center for our reception. We received many compliments about the food and the site. They set everything up for us and took it down. All was beautiful. We couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 01/02/2011

Melissa · Married on 10/02/2009

This place was FANTASTIC. They set up everything and cleaned it all up. LOVE!

Oh, and the food was also great. We couldn't have gotten a better wedding and reception!

Sent on 03/25/2010

Jackie · Married on 09/26/2009

The Fetzer Center did a great job. Kathy was such a pleasure to work with. She answered all of the questions I had (and there were a lot of them) in a timely manner. The food was wonderful and there was a good menu selection. The trees and deck area block the view of the other buildings so you don't feel like you are in the middle of campus. Great location, great food, great staff.

Sent on 10/08/2009

Samantha · Married on 05/25/2014

AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING!!! Shannon, Todd and the entire staff at the Fetzer were an absolute dream to work with! We had our wedding and reception there and it was the perfect venue! I can't believe how smoothly everything went the day of. They took care of everything...setting out the favors, escort cards, cupcakes and the extra touches with the decorations were fantastic! The food was delicious and our guests are still talking about it!! I am so happy that we decided to have our special day at the Fetzer. I will definitely recommend the Fetzer to anyone looking to book a wedding or special occasion, LOVED IT!! Thank you !!

Sent on 07/06/2014

Susan · Married on 05/24/2014

What a wonderful experience we had Saturday night for our daughters wedding. We had compliments of the food, the wait staff, the bartender and we ourselves found the event management first rate. A perfect evening!!!!

Sent on 05/28/2014

Food was excellent. Shannon was sweet and helpful andtook care of everything. Highly recommend.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Katie · Married on 10/14/2017

The Fetzer Center was fantastic! Everyone we worked with, especially Shannon, was so helpful and accommodating. I particularly appreciated her help coordinating and setting things up the day of the wedding, and keeping things running smoothly from start to finish. She was a calming presence, gave great advice, and was solving problems before I even knew they were issues. Many of our guests noted how much they enjoyed the food at our reception. We were also really impressed by how much was included in our total cost of using the Fetzer Center as our wedding venue. Their help with set up and take down was a godsend and made for a significantly less stressful wedding weekend.

Sent on 11/08/2017

The Fetzer Center's reply:

Thank you so much for the review Katie! We were honored to help you with your special day!