The Farmhouse Reviews

95 | Wilmington, DE

95 Reviews for The Farmhouse

95 The Farmhouse Reviews

Melanie · Married on 09/09/2018

My husband and I had our wedding at the farmhouse last weekend (sept 9) and I can’t even begin to describe how amazing this venue is. We had Laura as our coordinator and she went above and beyond to make our day perfect. She was very quick to respond to emails and answered any questions I had. I fell in the love with the venue last October when I went for an open house. The packages were great, the decor was very pretty and the grounds are beautiful. We were having our ceremony there as well. The outdoor ceremony area is beautiful and I was so excited to have it there. However it ended up pouring all day long. I was nervous with how an indoor ceremony would play out because that was never how I had pictured it and it was honestly so much better than I could’ve imagined. I’m the type of person who loves to decorate and I had a lot of decorations for the reception, but Laura made everything look so perfect. All of the staff made sure my husband and I were taken care of throughout the reception by making sure we had food and making sure we had something to drink throughout the evening. We had just under 100 people and it did not feel overly crowded because things were spaced out well. We also had the open photo booth and our guests loved using it. Our guests also raved about the food and so many of them told us it was the best wedding and nicest venue they had ever been to. We honestly could not be more pleased with how our day went and we are so happy we chose the farmhouse!

The Farmhouse 6
    The Farmhouse 7
    The Farmhouse 8

Christina · Married on 09/08/2018

The coordinators are amazing & get back to you in a timely manner! Extremely nice too! Venue is so pretty & lovely!

Nicole · Married on 08/10/2018

Our wedding was beautiful. Katie was amazing, they did all of the setting up and confirming vendors for us. The day of the wedding she was there making sure everything went as planned. We loved everything about the Farmhouse!

Michelle · Married on 07/21/2018

The farmhouse did an amazing job despite the weather outside..they made it so beautiful. Anna was super nice and made sure everything went smooth.

Angela · Married on 06/23/2018

We had the most AMAZING wedding at The Farmhouse! The food was amazing! Our friends and family are still raving about it!! Katie and Laura are experts in wedding coordination! Super friendly but super professional! The process was very stress free! Prices were very good for the awesome service they provided! Most importantly (to us) the atmosphere and scenery was perfect for photos! It really was the most perfect day!

The Farmhouse 9
    The Farmhouse 10
    The Farmhouse 11
    The Farmhouse 12

Angel · Married on 06/16/2018

Excellent venue! Delicious food! I loved how pretty much everything was included in the packages. Laura was great to work with. Everything went very smoothly. Perfect day!

The Farmhouse 13

Jacqueline · Married on 05/27/2018

I cannot say enough about this venue. It was honestly better than we we could have hoped for. Katie was our coordinator and she was on top of everything and everyone- she made the day run so smoothly and we can't thank her enough. Everything from the food to the ambience was impeccable. They also provide the cake and center pieces in their prices per person which are extremely reasonable. My husband and I feel like we hit the jackpot with The Farmhouse! We absolutely recommend this venue to anyone looking for a great place for a special occasion!

Rebecca · Married on 05/27/2018

WOW! The Farmhouse! I can't say enough about this place. We had an outdoor wedding planned but unfortunately it rained, the Farmhouse staff quickly made our indoor experience amazing and intimate. Laura was AMAZING! She attended to our every need and there were a bunch! The food got rave reviews from all of our guests (I recommend the bacon wrapped scallops). The organization of this place was top notch from the open house where we decided to use them until the last guest left.

They took all the worry out of the wedding process by having amazing vendors for florist, cake maker, photographers, DJ, and on site catering. Our guests loved the venue, we heard continuously about how beautiful the decor was.

Even though we had the wedding timed down to the minute, when things went longer than planned they worked with the changes and never once made us feel pressured or hurried.

Laura was available to us all the time both during and prior to the wedding.

Amanda · Married on 05/10/2018

We just had our wedding at the farmhoue. I cannot express just how wonderful Laura and all of her staff were!!! Everyone there truly seems to love their jobs. They made the day truly effortless for me. I highly highly highly recommend this venue.

Elita · Married on 04/20/2018

I only have good things To say about this venue! It was perfect and even now that my wedding is over I still want to go back and enjoy being at this venue because it is so quaint and rustic and elegant in every way. Katie answered my emails promptly and answered any questions. All of my decor was set up just how I wanted and the way she decorated the archway for the ceremony was exactly like the picture I showed her from Pinterest! I was impressed with everything. The food was even better than at the tasting and all my decor was collected and ready to go by the end of the wedding. The entire ceremony went perfectly and Katie was there making sure everything went smoothly from start to finish. I literally did not have an ounce of stress or worry the entire night of my wedding. Planning was so stress free and you really get so much with this package. Loved every second of it and not a single problem! BOOK THEM!

The Farmhouse 14
    The Farmhouse 15
    The Farmhouse 16
    The Farmhouse 17
    The Farmhouse 18
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 04/14/2018

This was the perfect venue for our wedding. Their attention to detail is incredible. When we went to an open house, they were setting up for that night's wedding and I saw staffers checking each glass for water spots, cleaning the parking lot and front porch, etc. The planning process was very thorough and Laura made it so easy. When I asked to have our planning meeting a month early, she accommodated. Inside and outside was absolutely beautiful. The staff was incredibly attentive, and as our coordinator, Laura kept checking in to make sure everything was going as we expected. And then there were the little things - a cheese plate and water delivered to the getting ready rooms, being able to come an hour early, feeding the vendors real meals. They accommodated all of our requests too - from having toys in the kids room to building our puzzle guest book to using our own table numbers/signs. The outdoor ceremony site is wired for sound too, so everyone could hear our vows clearly. I can't express enough how perfect our day was, and a lot of that has to do with the excellent coordination happening at the Farmhouse. I highly recommend.

The Farmhouse 19
    The Farmhouse 20
    The Farmhouse 21
    The Farmhouse 22
    The Farmhouse 23

Megan · Married on 04/13/2018

AMAZING! My husband and I could not be happier with our selection of the Farmhouse for our wedding venue. From the moment I reached out until the moment we left the night of our wedding, Laura and her team made us feel like we were the only wedding in the world. She was obviously very knowledgeable on the routines of weddings and she made us feel comfortable letting her take control of our special day. The atmosphere was perfect, and we still are so thankful we went with the Farmhouse. We highly recommend this venue for anyone looking for a calm, stress free venue and coordinator. Everyone continues to praise how much they enjoyed our venue.

Lindsay · Married on 11/25/2017

We were very pleased with our wedding and reception at The Farmhouse!! The food was great, and Laura (our Farmhouse coordinator) was great! It seems pricy at first, but with all that is included its actually a great deal and worth every penny!! Highly recommended!!

• W

Whitney · Married on 11/05/2017

From our first look we knew the space at The Farmhouse was the right place for our wedding. Katie and Lauren made sure we were signed up for the next tasting and followed up with all the details needed. The food at the first tasting was good but even better the night of, keep that in mind! Throughout our planning they were very responsive to questions and always followed up promptly. As we got closer and closer they continued to check in on details and had all her notes available for us to review. On the day Katie was on top of every detail, working right with the DJ and Photographer. The staff hired for the evening were very professional also. Bottom line, we were completely satisfied by The Farmhouse and would definitely recommend to anyone!

Annika · Married on 10/27/2017

Katie and her team were fantastic from the first email to the big day. The place is beautiful, the food is fantastic and the wedding package includes almost everything at an affordable price! Our guests have raved about the food, ambiance and how much fun they had. The whole day was so smooth thanks to Katie's expertise and her flexibility with last minute changes. I wish I could do it all again. Thank you!!

Taylor · Married on 10/21/2017

Laura and her team went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect! With so many amenities included with the wedding package, it made stressful wedding planning SO much easier! I had numerous people tell me after our wedding that their meal was the best wedding food they’ve ever had!

The Farmhouse 24

Lina · Married on 10/07/2017

My husband and I are beyond happy with The Farmhouse and how they took care of us and our wedding. Katie was so easy to work with and very informative the whole way. All my guests had a blast and say it was the best wedding they have ever been to!

The Farmhouse 25
    The Farmhouse 32
    The Farmhouse 33
    The Farmhouse 34

Vivian · Married on 09/16/2017

Katie was amazing to work with. She took care of every little detail, from the ceremony to the food and she made sure it was all perfect! I will not hesitate to refer them to all my friends when planning their wedding / event!

Megan · Married on 09/15/2017

From the moment we stepped in the Farmhouse my husband and I fell in love with it! The simple yet eloquent decor fit in perfectly with the rustic theme we were going for. Throughout this whole process we worked with Katie and she was absolutely amazing. She was always available to answer any questions I had and was very easy to get ahold of. She made sure that everything was taken care of the day of the wedding and was super accommodating. I highly recommend the Farmhouse! The atmosphere, the food, and the customer service is outstanding.

Lauren · Married on 09/08/2017

This place was amazing. Everything I pictured my wedding to be! Laura was amazing and truly made our day special, she kept everything on track which made it easy for us to just enjoy our day.

Nichole · Married on 09/01/2017

Planning a wedding in my hometown of Delaware from California (and marrying a British Australia who was living in Sydney through the planning phase) could have been the most stressful experience ever. It was very important to find a venue we loved but also would make things really easy especially since we had to pick the venue SIGHT UNSEEN!

Katie was The Farmhouse was just FANTASTIC! She was able to fulfill every request we had and helped come up with ideas and options for what we could do to make our wedding personalized and reflect us. The Farmhouse has all-inclusive packages which just makes wedding planning simple and easy. Belak Flowers and Desserts by Dana were spectacular and made our flowers, cake and dessert bar shine.

Katie was super helpful and patient (with me) throughout the planning and kept up with my very OCD detailed asks. She was always available, very responsive and incredibly detailed oriented - which gives you such confidence in the venue and the people there - especially since I asked a ton of questions (especially on how certain décor pieces would work and catering to all our small touches).

On the Wedding Day, the venue was breathtaking. If you ever need to pick a venue blindly…you can feel comfortable that The Farmhouse is the perfect place. Beautiful outdoor space for our ceremony, outdoor deck space, and lots of rooms throughout the house itself. And again, Katie was amazing, making sure everything we executed to perfection. She was also fantastic checking in on us and making sure we had food and drinks. You'll love getting married here and appreciate the lack of stress that you feel and the confidence that you will have in the people and venue.

We cannot thank The Farmhouse, Katie and everyone enough!

Haley · Married on 07/01/2017

Working with The Farmhouse made planning our reception very simple! The woman working with us communicated clearly and promptly and made sure the preparations were in place so that we and our guests were able to relax and celebrate on the day of the event. Our guests enjoyed the space, and we received many compliments about the venue. The only drawback was that we had no choice but to use the flower vendor with whom they are contracted (for centerpieces only). They are, though, very dedicated to making sure your event is everything you envision. All in all, we were extremely pleased with our experience there!

Amanda · Married on 06/10/2017

We loved working with Katie from the Farmhouse! She was amazing & made sure everything was perfect for my wedding day. I highly recommend the Farmhouse! I can't imagine having my wedding anywhere else!

Laure · Married on 05/28/2017

We would absolutely recommend the Farmhouse to anyone who wanted personalized attention in a beautiful and intimate setting. We knew on our first visit to the Farmhouse and meeting with Katie that it was where we wanted to get married. Laura assisted us from there all the way up to the day of the wedding when she made sure everything was perfect. If I needed a direction or advise on something she was there to offer it, if I needed a vendor recommendation or something fixed she was there. Not to mention the staff- everyone was absolutely wonderful!!!!