The Farmhouse Reviews

111 | Wilmington, DE

111 Reviews for The Farmhouse

Brian · Married on 10/19/2019

October Wedding 2019

The Farmhouse went above and beyond all of our expectations! We had a mid-October wedding at the Farmhouse, and can't recommend this venue enough. Katie was extremely helpful, responsive, and eager to help. She gave us a ton of suggestions, and still let us customize our wedding to exactly how we wanted it. She was extremely helpful during our wedding day and sequenced the day exactly how we wanted it - my wife and I barely had to think of anything on our day.

We went to the food tasting, which was very well organized and allowed us to make informed decisions for our menu. The food was amazing! We had the salmon and London broil; and we got so many compliments from all our guests on how tender and delicious both were. We had about 120 guests, and the layout and spacing of the venue was absolutely perfect.

We would very highly recommend this venue to everyone! Not one single thing went wrong - this speaks highly to the experience and dedication of all those who work at the Farmhouse.

Sent on 10/26/2019

Steve · Married on 09/28/2019

Steve Sprague

We found the Farmhouse during a last minute on a day trip to Delaware, and it was the best decision we have made as a couple. The Farmhouse went far above our expectations, and made our special day stress free from the moment we arrived. Katie did an amazing job and she had everything down to the very second. Every part of the Farmhouse did a spectacular job. The waiting staff was very polite and diligent. The food was amazing, never thought London broil could be that tender.

Sent on 10/24/2019

Brianna · Married on 09/25/2019

Late September Beautiful Wedding!!

I just had my wedding here and everything was beautiful!!! All the preferred vendors were wonderful, Anna was our wedding planner and she did a great job keeping everything organized and helping us plan our whole day. The price was amazing considering how much comes included with your day. Absolutely would check this place out if youre looking for rustic elegance!!!

Sent on 09/23/2019

The Farmhouse's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to hear how wonderful everything was. It was great working with you to make your day perfect!

Caroline Tetu · Married on 09/15/2019

10/10 Would Recommend

This was truly the perfect venue. We had less than 8 months between our engagement and our wedding and there is no way we could have done it as stress-free if we had gone with anyone else. The fact that there is so much included in the base price of this venue (cake, centerpieces, buffet, open bar, ceremony, reception, gratuities, tax), it made planning so easy. And for everything else we had Laura. She always responded to my email promptly and kindly, no matter how many I sent, and kept the entire day of completely painless. our wedding was absolutely perfect, and I have the Farmhouse to thank for that. ideal for younger couples or those on a more strict budget. Go to an open house, and I'm sure you'll feel the same!

Sent on 12/08/2019
  • Meredith

Meredith · Married on 09/06/2019

The Farmhouse is a MUST

What can I say that hasn't already been said. Pick this venue!!!! You will NOT regret it. They were absolutely amazing in every single aspect of the wedding planning and process. Katie nailed it, I could not have envisioned a more perfect wedding day and I know it would not have been possible without choosing the Farmhouse.

Great value for the price, very competitive for venues in the area and well worth every penny. We chose to have a Friday night ceremony. It was a little rainy but we ultimately kept the ceremony outside and it was beautiful! The food was delicious and everything about the day was seamless. This was all thanks to Katie. She is a pro. She and her team pulled the day together perfectly.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Mara · Married on 08/10/2019

Built-in charm, good food and easy planning

The Farmhouse is beautiful and has so much charm that you don't need extra decor. Anna coordinated our wedding and did a great job! She answered all our questions promptly and made planning low stress. Very professional and on top of things. Our food was very good and they worked with us to provide allergy-free meals for some of our guest. Plus it was much more affordable than other vendors in the area! I would recommend to anyone looking for a charming wedding with low stress planning.

Sent on 08/27/2019

The Farmhouse's reply:

Thank you for your review and kind words, Mara! You both were wonderful to work with. Congratulations!
  • Chloe

Chloe · Married on 07/20/2019

AMAZING!! Best Night of my Life!

From the very beginning, Katie and her team were so amazing to work with and have as a part of my wedding team. Katie helped me with every decision, and was so flexible and accommodating on the wedding day.

She turned my vision into a reality! Every little detail or item I purchased, her and her team set up in the most beautiful ways possible. It was so hot on my wedding day, and she made the ceremony go so quickly and smoothly so our guests could get inside fast.

I cannot say enough about how amazing working with the Farmhouse was. AND, on top of all of that, the all-inclusive pricing was fantastic. I looked at about 10 venues before touring the Farmhouse, and their pricing by far was THE best. I mean, OPEN BAR, cake, all settings and help the day of, centerpieces, and the venue was under $12,000 for about 90 guests. You cannot beat that; on top of the fact that the property was just beautiful period.

I loved everything about my experience at the Farmhouse and will always recommend it as a top choice for any wedding!

Sent on 07/25/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing and Beautiful!!

The Farmhouse was such an amazing venue to host my wedding at. The farmhouse took care of everything! Since I am located in FL and my family is in DE, the farmhouse made the process very smooth for my husband and I. If you are looking for a place that has a day of coordinator that makes sure all your needs are met, this is the place. Also they include a florist and cake which they help facilitate. The farmhouse also have a few preferred vendors for both photography and DJ which was such a huge help. All of my wedding guest couldn’t stop complimenting on how great the food was and what a beautiful wedding we had. Thank you to all the staff and shout out to Anna our coordinator for making our day beautiful!!

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Bailey · Married on 04/19/2019

Amazing ❤️

Quality food! Amazing women run this establishment and make this experience stress free!

Sent on 03/30/2019
  • Althena

Althena · Married on 04/14/2019

Easy and Stress Free

The owners where so helpful and made my day feel like it mattered to them.

Sent on 01/25/2019

Angie Estevez · Married on 03/31/2019

Outstanding Wedding Venue--Loved Everything!

We cannot say enough good things about our wedding reception at the Farmhouse! We married last year in late Spring and are late in writing this review, but we didn’t want to rush so that we could capture and share the amazing experience we had at the Farmhouse. Laura was key in helping us pull everything together! We asked her for suggestions on vendors, set-up, and more—and we were thrilled on how everything turned out. I (the bride was nervous) through the planning process, but Laura was always so patient with me. The venue was beautiful with so many details taken care of by their packages. I heard from my guests that the staff were super friendly and professional, and across the board we loved the food—it was like a gourmet dinner. It was so important to us that our guests had a great time and they still rave about our wedding at the Farmhouse! Laura and her team made me feel like a queen and our guests feel special. I cannot think of one thing I would change about our special day and our decision to have our wedding reception at the Farmhouse. It was the wedding of our dreams! (Photo by Belles and Beaus)

Sent on 02/02/2020

Lynne · Married on 03/30/2019

The Farmhouse is Perfect!

My daughter just had her wedding reception here. We were so happy she and her husband chose The Farmhouse! Anna was so attentive, so good at communicating, so professional and made us feel relaxed and comfortable heading into the big day! The food was amazing. Our guests loved it. They even had pansies planted on the grounds to make the cold blustery day seem more springlike! If we had it to do over we would certainly pick this place right away.

Sent on 03/26/2019

The Farmhouse's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! We are so pleased to hear you were so happy with everything! Congratulations!

Anna Shestack · Married on 11/30/2018

The perfect venue

My fiancé (now husband!) and I initially chose The Farmhouse based on price, location and just how much they included in their price (cake, fresh floral centerpieces, hotel room and shuttle for our guests...the list goes on! Check it out!) but knowing what I know now, I’d have booked them regardless. Katie worked close with us and (I’m not kidding here) our wedding day ran so smooth and perfect 100% because of her. She made sure we knew what to expect ahead of time at every turn and was so responsive to every email I sent her. I really cannot recommend The Farmhouse enough! Thank you guys!!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Morgan · Married on 09/29/2018

Fantastic venue! Loved Katie!

We truly enjoyed The Farmhouse. The planning was very structured and organized from day one. Katie was our coordinator, and she truly attended to every need. The venue is beautiful and the food was amazing. We had such a lovely time. Thank you, Farmhouse!

Sent on 03/04/2019

Melanie · Married on 09/09/2018

My husband and I had our wedding at the farmhouse last weekend (sept 9) and I can’t even begin to describe how amazing this venue is. We had Laura as our coordinator and she went above and beyond to make our day perfect. She was very quick to respond to emails and answered any questions I had. I fell in the love with the venue last October when I went for an open house. The packages were great, the decor was very pretty and the grounds are beautiful. We were having our ceremony there as well. The outdoor ceremony area is beautiful and I was so excited to have it there. However it ended up pouring all day long. I was nervous with how an indoor ceremony would play out because that was never how I had pictured it and it was honestly so much better than I could’ve imagined. I’m the type of person who loves to decorate and I had a lot of decorations for the reception, but Laura made everything look so perfect. All of the staff made sure my husband and I were taken care of throughout the reception by making sure we had food and making sure we had something to drink throughout the evening. We had just under 100 people and it did not feel overly crowded because things were spaced out well. We also had the open photo booth and our guests loved using it. Our guests also raved about the food and so many of them told us it was the best wedding and nicest venue they had ever been to. We honestly could not be more pleased with how our day went and we are so happy we chose the farmhouse!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Christina · Married on 09/08/2018

The coordinators are amazing & get back to you in a timely manner! Extremely nice too! Venue is so pretty & lovely!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Nicole · Married on 08/10/2018

Our wedding was beautiful. Katie was amazing, they did all of the setting up and confirming vendors for us. The day of the wedding she was there making sure everything went as planned. We loved everything about the Farmhouse!

Sent on 09/02/2018

Michelle · Married on 07/21/2018

The farmhouse did an amazing job despite the weather outside..they made it so beautiful. Anna was super nice and made sure everything went smooth.

Sent on 07/26/2018

Angela · Married on 06/23/2018

We had the most AMAZING wedding at The Farmhouse! The food was amazing! Our friends and family are still raving about it!! Katie and Laura are experts in wedding coordination! Super friendly but super professional! The process was very stress free! Prices were very good for the awesome service they provided! Most importantly (to us) the atmosphere and scenery was perfect for photos! It really was the most perfect day!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Angel · Married on 06/16/2018

Excellent venue! Delicious food! I loved how pretty much everything was included in the packages. Laura was great to work with. Everything went very smoothly. Perfect day!

Sent on 09/21/2018

Jacqueline · Married on 05/27/2018

I cannot say enough about this venue. It was honestly better than we we could have hoped for. Katie was our coordinator and she was on top of everything and everyone- she made the day run so smoothly and we can't thank her enough. Everything from the food to the ambience was impeccable. They also provide the cake and center pieces in their prices per person which are extremely reasonable. My husband and I feel like we hit the jackpot with The Farmhouse! We absolutely recommend this venue to anyone looking for a great place for a special occasion!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Rebecca · Married on 05/27/2018

WOW! The Farmhouse! I can't say enough about this place. We had an outdoor wedding planned but unfortunately it rained, the Farmhouse staff quickly made our indoor experience amazing and intimate. Laura was AMAZING! She attended to our every need and there were a bunch! The food got rave reviews from all of our guests (I recommend the bacon wrapped scallops). The organization of this place was top notch from the open house where we decided to use them until the last guest left.

They took all the worry out of the wedding process by having amazing vendors for florist, cake maker, photographers, DJ, and on site catering. Our guests loved the venue, we heard continuously about how beautiful the decor was.

Even though we had the wedding timed down to the minute, when things went longer than planned they worked with the changes and never once made us feel pressured or hurried.

Laura was available to us all the time both during and prior to the wedding.

Sent on 06/07/2018

Amanda · Married on 05/10/2018

We just had our wedding at the farmhoue. I cannot express just how wonderful Laura and all of her staff were!!! Everyone there truly seems to love their jobs. They made the day truly effortless for me. I highly highly highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 05/17/2018

Elita · Married on 04/20/2018

I only have good things To say about this venue! It was perfect and even now that my wedding is over I still want to go back and enjoy being at this venue because it is so quaint and rustic and elegant in every way. Katie answered my emails promptly and answered any questions. All of my decor was set up just how I wanted and the way she decorated the archway for the ceremony was exactly like the picture I showed her from Pinterest! I was impressed with everything. The food was even better than at the tasting and all my decor was collected and ready to go by the end of the wedding. The entire ceremony went perfectly and Katie was there making sure everything went smoothly from start to finish. I literally did not have an ounce of stress or worry the entire night of my wedding. Planning was so stress free and you really get so much with this package. Loved every second of it and not a single problem! BOOK THEM!

Sent on 05/11/2018
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 04/14/2018

This was the perfect venue for our wedding. Their attention to detail is incredible. When we went to an open house, they were setting up for that night's wedding and I saw staffers checking each glass for water spots, cleaning the parking lot and front porch, etc. The planning process was very thorough and Laura made it so easy. When I asked to have our planning meeting a month early, she accommodated. Inside and outside was absolutely beautiful. The staff was incredibly attentive, and as our coordinator, Laura kept checking in to make sure everything was going as we expected. And then there were the little things - a cheese plate and water delivered to the getting ready rooms, being able to come an hour early, feeding the vendors real meals. They accommodated all of our requests too - from having toys in the kids room to building our puzzle guest book to using our own table numbers/signs. The outdoor ceremony site is wired for sound too, so everyone could hear our vows clearly. I can't express enough how perfect our day was, and a lot of that has to do with the excellent coordination happening at the Farmhouse. I highly recommend.

Sent on 05/10/2018