The Farmers' Museum Reviews

27 Reviews for The Farmers' Museum

• Sarah

Sarah Hutcherson · Married on 02/09/2020

Such a special place!

Getting married at the Fenimore Art Museum was amazing! Standing under the chuppah, looking out over the lake is a memory I will always treasure. We took our photos down near the Iroquois Hut on the banks of the lake. Breathtaking. The lawn is quiet and secluded, making for an unforgettable wedding. Planning our special day at the Fenimore Art Museum was a breeze because of Anne's easy-going and kind approach. We emailed her with a lot of questions, and she always responded with great suggestions. I would highly recommend getting married at the Fenimore Art Museum.

Sent on 02/27/2020

The Farmers' Museum's reply:

Sarah, thank you for the lovely referral! Your wedding celebration came together without a hitch. Every bit of yours' and your mother's planning certainly paid off. The clear tent and furnishings underneath were spectacular! Showcasing your grandmother's artwork and fabulous cows were the icing on the cake. She was surely there in spirit.

Maria Vidal · Married on 08/07/2019

Attention to detail

When I contacted Anne, she was very thorough, explaining all the options we had and how they could be tailored to our needs. We traveled to the Farmer's Museum and were greeted by Anne, she arranged a tour of the facilities and answered all our questions in detail. We were never rushed. Anne addressed our concerns and assisted us with the coordination of vendors. The event was beautiful and the room was set-up perfectly!

Sent on 02/28/2020

The Farmers' Museum's reply:

Maria, thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I enjoyed working with as you planned your son's rehearsal dinner. I remember you saying Cooperstown was a special place for him growing up. As I recall, as a child he envisioned getting married in our quaint village, his dream certainly did come true. I hope our paths will cross again!
  • MK

MK · Married on 07/06/2019

Super helpful

Anne was fabulous to work with! Any little question I had, she would answer as soon as she could. She was great with local vendor recommendations. The day of our wedding had a chance of scattered afternoon showers- she was flexible & willing to accommodate a last minute decision to live the ceremony into the church (rather than outside at the Amphitheater). I have nothing but good things to say about Anne & her helpers. The venue is charming, and your guests are going to have a good time!

Sent on 07/17/2019

The Farmers' Museum's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review, MK! You & Patrick were pretty fabulous to work with as well :). I hope you both had a great time in Ireland!! Please come back & see us some time. You're an incredible couple...
  • Rachel

Rachel Barnes · Married on 06/22/2019

Beautiful and Unique Wedding Venue!

The Farmer's Museum and Fenimore Art Museum are both wonderful wedding locations.

My husband and I chose to have our ceremony down by the lake at the Fenimore, and our reception up on the terrace. Anne was very accommodating and provided us with many different options which allowed us to customize our wedding and make it very affordable too.

Our guests were blown away by the incredible views of the lake, and they really enjoyed their stay in the quaint village of Cooperstown.

I highly recommend these venues for anyone looking to have a gorgeous and unique wedding at a place that will really impress their guests without breaking the bank!

Sent on 02/26/2020

The Farmers' Museum's reply:

Thank you for sharing your wedding day experience at the Fenimore Art Museum, Rachel! I too have fond memories of your beautiful celebration. You were a delight to work with, never showing any doubt that your big day would be flawless. And I believe it was.
  • Hannah

Hannah Rafferty · Married on 04/13/2019

Stunning Spring Wedding

The staff at The Farmers' Museum far exceeded all of our expectations for our April 2019 wedding. Anne worked closely with us throughout the entire process, always open to answering any questions we had. We toured the venue in July of 2018 and quickly decided it was the place for us! We held our ceremony in the beautiful church, cocktail hour at the carousel and our reception in the Louis C. Jones Center. Each building was unique, beautiful, and fit the rustic theme of our wedding. Guests are still commenting on the uniqueness of the venue and how beautifully it all fit together! The carousel was a big hit and brought out the child in everyone. The venue was reasonably priced and we were even able to add extra decor when we wanted for only a small price! We absolutely loved our venue and cannot wait to return for a visit!

Sent on 05/06/2019

The Farmers' Museum's reply:

Thank you for the awesome review, Hannah! You and Luke were certainly a pleasure to work with. So polite and always courteous. I’m elated your wedding day turned out perfect, for that’s what you two are, a perfect couple. I hope our paths will cross again! ...Anne

Kristin Rau Cox · Married on 09/22/2018

Dream Wedding at Historic Venue

We had the most wonderful wedding at The Farmer's Museum on September 22, 2018! We knew from the beginning we started planning that we did not want a traditional banquet facility or hotel wedding. We wanted something that really felt special to us, and that reflected our personalities. From the start, when we met their coordinator, Anne, last December, the entire process went so smoothly. Anne treats you like family, is responsive to questions, and truly cares and wants your day to be as wonderful as you do!
    We had a perfect fall day for our wedding. We rented the church for our ceremony, and the carousel for our cocktail hour - which was a HUGE hit with our guests! The Louis C. Jones Center was the perfect setting for our reception. With the beautiful wood columns and twinkle lights on the ceiling, it doesn't take much to turn it into an inviting space! There are so many options when choosing your tables, linens, decorations, etc. They even give you all a list of preferred vendors, so it makes booking your caterer, DJ, etc, a breeze! We wanted a unique wedding venue, one that we and our guests would remember and be excited about, and The Farmer's Museum was perfect! The one thing I am sad about is that it's over! Luckily, we can continue to go to the museum for other events, and we look forward to taking our children there someday, too! It truly is a special and magical place! So many places for beautiful photos, too!

Sent on 12/01/2018

Dear Kristen,
    Thank you for taking the to write this very thoughtful review. You were such a delight to work with. Your wedding day was a memorable one for me as well. I'll never forget looking out the window of Bump Tavern and capturing yours' and Tucker's first look in the garden. It was absolutely breath taking! You two certainly are the definition of true love. Here's wishing you the very best as husband and wife. I really look forward to seeing you at Candlelight Evening and future events at The Farmers' Museum. Especially when you visit with one or more of your kids ;)

Kristina · Married on 10/15/2017

The Farmers' Museum was a perfect wedding venue for us! The Cornwall Church was quaint and cute, the Carousel was a great place for cocktail hour and carousel rides, and the Louis C. Jones Center was a perfect setting for the celebration! It was super convenient to have everything there in one location. Anne Tandle was wonderful to work with. She was always available to answer questions and she was there on the day of the wedding to make sure everything went off without a hitch!

Sent on 05/18/2018

The Farmers' Museum's reply:

Thank you, Kristina! You and Brian were a joy to work with!! I hope you're both enjoying your lives together as husband & wife. Please do visit The Farmers' Museum when you're back in the area.

Ashley · Married on 09/30/2017

We had both the Fenimore and the Farmers' Museum as a venue and having our wedding there is what made is truly special. The quality of this location is incomparable. Even more important was how amazing working with the venue in general was, Anne made our day something we will never forget - she was attentive, professional, and very easy to work with. I would highly recommend having your wedding day at this location!

Sent on 10/11/2017

The Farmers' Museum's reply:

Thank you for the great review, Ashley! It was such a pleasure assisting you with your wedding celebration. Here's wishing you and Tom the very best as you journey through life as husband and wife.

Emily · Married on 08/12/2017

My husband and I chose to have our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour on the terrace at the Fenimore Art Museum and our reception at the Farmers' Museum. Throughout the entire process Anne answered countless emails and met with us a couple of times to go over things. Anne and the staff at the Fenimore Art Museum/Farmer's Museum were accommodating and were so helpful! Despite having some passing showers, the staff worked diligently to ensure that our day came off without a hitch. We cannot thank them all enough for their hard work and attention to detail! Thank you Anne and all the staff at the Fenimore Art Museum/Farmers' Museum for making our wedding day memorable!!!

Sent on 09/04/2017

The Farmers' Museum's reply:

Thank you for the lovely referral, Emily! It was certainly a pleasure assisting you and Adam on your wedding day. At your reception the photographer mentioned that a beautiful rainbow had appeared after your ceremony and she was able to take a picture of you both in it. What a special photo!

Amy · Married on 07/22/2017

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony at the Fenimore Museum in August 2017. We loved everything about it! It was a gorgeous setting for our ceremony, and working with Anne was wonderful. She was extremely helpful, accommodating, and helped to ensure we had the best day possible. We held our reception across the street at the Farmer's Museum, which Anne also oversaw. Would absolutely recommend the Fenimore and Farmer's Museum, as well as Anne!

Sent on 08/22/2018

The Farmers' Museum's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Amy. You're so thoughtful! I remember your special wedding day as if it were only yesterday. I can't believe it was over a year ago! A very Happy Anniversary to you and Noah!!

Emily · Married on 07/08/2017

I had a perfect wedding thanks to Anne Tandle at the Farmer’s Museum! Even with challenging weather, and challenging family members she kept everyone happy, and the day couldn’t have been better. Payment was smooth, all the staff was so helpful and kind, and everyone who attended our wedding still talks about how much fun they had! My husband and I will cherish our day thanks to Anne and her team!

Sent on 05/05/2018

The Farmers' Museum's reply:

You’re so kind, Emily! Thank you for your thoughtful review. I love my job, this is due to clients like you who make my work rewarding. I’ll never forget yours’ and Douglas’ wedding day. A memory I’ll never forget. Wishing you both the very best!!

Toni · Married on 06/03/2017

Had our wedding at the church at the Farmers Museum. All we had to do was show up. Everything was taken care of by Ann. The candelabras were lit which gave a nice touch to our wedding. She even rang the church bell after we were married. The staff was very accommodating in letting us take pics around the farm before and after the wedding. It was the perfect day and the perfect place to get married.

Sent on 08/11/2017

The Farmers' Museum's reply:

Thank you for for your nice review, Toni! I enjoyed assisting you and George at your wedding ceremony. Wishing you the very best as you travel this new journey together ...Anne

Katie · Married on 04/29/2017

We had our wedding here at the end of April in 2017. It was everything we could of dreamed of! Before we were engaged we met with Anne (site coordinator) and she was incredibly thoughtful through the whole process. She remembered us on each visit to the museum even before we had set a date! We had our ceremony in the chapel there, our cocktail hour in a tent attached to the Louis C. Jones Center. It was just magical. The vendors they recommend work flawlessly with the venue and there were no issues! It was a truly wonderful experience. If you have your wedding here you won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 09/16/2017

The Farmers' Museum's reply:

Thank you, Katie! You and Dan are a special couple destined to be husband & wife. I enjoyed getting to know you both as you planned your wedding celebration. I'll always remember your special day. -Anne Tandle

Courtney · Married on 04/22/2017

My fiance and I could not have found a more perfect venue for our April 2017. We have been making memories together at the Farmers Museum for years now and can't wait to create the biggest memory of all! Anne has been incredible to work with, supportive and accommodating throughout our planning process.

Sent on 09/20/2016

Rebecca · Married on 10/22/2016

My husband and I are members at the Farmer's Museum, and we couldn't have imagined getting married anywhere else. Our day was cold and rainy, but it was still perfect. Anne and the staff at the Farmer's Museum were accommodating and were so helpful! Despite having a flood and a fire occur the night before in one of the historic buildings, the staff worked diligently to ensure that our day came off without a hitch. We cannot thank them all enough for their hard work and attention to detail! They even reserved the carousel for us to get wedding pictures! Thank you Anne and all the staff at the Farmer's Museum!!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Kim · Married on 08/26/2016

The rehearsal dinner for our son's August 2016 wedding was held on the Fenimore Art Museum's grounds. It was a spectacular evening! The whole process was smooth beginning to end due to the wonderful guidance of Ann Tandle, the Art Museum's Event Planner. She is professional, dedicated and definitely made our event stress free!
    The Fenimore Art Museum's grounds and terrace are amazing. The combination of the gorgeous venue and the helpful ways of Ann Tandle made our rehearsal dinner a most memorable event.

Sent on 10/15/2016

Megan · Married on 07/02/2016

My husband and I got married on July 2, 2016. We rented out the terrace at the Fenimore Art Museum for our cocktail hour and we tented the lawn for our reception. The grounds at the Fenimore are breathtaking - I don't think I will ever forget the look on our guests faces as they walked around the terrace and took in the view of Lake Otsego. Anne Tandle was fabulous to work with and we really enjoyed everything that prepping for our day entailed. We used Mazzone Catering and Rise and Shine Tent Company and I cannot say enough nice things about both of them - our guests raved about the food and they truly catered to every one of our needs.

There are a handful of gorgeous places to get married in Cooperstown, but if you are going for simple, classic, and elegant, The Fenimore Art Museum is your place. Happy planning!!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Rebecca · Married on 06/18/2016

This location has so many options, my now husband and I visited about a year before we were planning to get married, we fell in love with the amphitheater! My guests to my wedding felt like they were watching a movie that was how beautiful our wedding was! My reception the dinner and dancing happen across the street at the Farmers Museum and the Louis C Jones center was absolutely gorgeous. Anne Tandle, the events planner for the Fenimore Art Museum and Farmers Museum is absolutely amazing she was my wedding planner this was a destination wedding for both families. She kept me, the bride, very calm and I had the most amazing, absolutely breathtaking, wedding ever!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Grace · Married on 06/27/2015

We stumbled across a historic and federally protected conservation garden in Cooperstown that we never knew existed. Immediately from there, we decided our ceremony would take place in what we refer to as a glimpse of Heaven! We weren't sure where our reception would be held until it was suggested that we check out the Terrace at the Fenimore Art Museum. That is when we met Anne Tandle, who is responsible for assisting individuals/groups/couples for their special occasions. Immediately upon meeting her, we were sold. The grounds are exceptionally beautiful, but we knew that working with someone was going to either make or break the venue which is a significant part to any wedding.

Immediately upon meeting Anne, she has a welcoming, kind and sensitive spirit about her that is genuinely aimed at providing the ultimate experience for your special day. She has a cooperative spirit, carries herself with professional integrity and was one of the most responsive and communicative people we worked with. She also went above and beyond during crises to ensure that our day was as we envisioned it, even when and if it wasn't technically her "job description." She helped us secure secondary catering after our original catering company illegally backed out six weeks before our wedding and even took appropriate action as necessary to accommodate guests when Mother Nature didn't cooperate on the day of our wedding.

We can't say enough things about the venue, but Anne Tandle is surely someone we'd recommend working with to anyone!

Sent on 07/15/2015

D.J. · Married on 06/27/2015

Anne was very accomodating and thorough.She communicated with the caterer and was lways looking out for our best interest.We would not hesitate to use her again and would highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/15/2015

Jennifer · Married on 05/30/2015

We felt Anne was very knowledgeable. She was prompt in replying to my emails inquiries and always willing to make suggestions. The weekend of the event, in the face of having to deal with personal heartbreak, she was there for us, with a smile on her face. She made my bride feel at ease and the wedding party welcome.

Sent on 12/16/2015

Michele · Married on 10/26/2013

We and our guests absolutely LOVED the Farmers' Museum for our ceremony and reception venue!! It's unique, charming, accommodating, and really set the stage for the entire theme of our wedding. Anne Tandle was phenomenal to work with - responsive, friendly, flexible, and an all around joy to work with. Our guests still rave about the carousel!

Sent on 03/11/2014
  • dorothy

dorothy · Married on 09/28/2019

Classic, elegant venue with breath taking views

A classic, elegant venue with breath taking views are the words that can be used to describe the Fenimore Art Museum. We had the service, cocktail hour, and reception on the Terrace and Lawn- literally under the stars in the fall once the leaves turned colors.
    Anne made every wish I had for my daughter’s wedding come true. She was professional, courteous, and was truly incredible. The staff is extremely helpful and made sure every last-minute detail was taken care of.
    I can’t begin to say enough of Anne and her staff.

Sent on 12/23/2019

The Farmers' Museum's reply:

Dorothy, thank you for your lovely comments. It was a sincere pleasure getting to know you and your family during the wedding planning. I'm honored to have become friends with you and look forward to seeing you next summer. You're a very thoughtful person to say the least!

Alexa & Peter · Married on 10/01/2016

My husband and I worked with Anne to plan our wedding cocktail hour at the Fenimore Art Museum and reception at the Farmer's Museum. We were in touch with Anne almost a year and a half before our wedding and continued communicating with her right up until our wedding day! Anne was always kind, extremely responsive to our requests and helpful in providing us information. We had a lot of moving parts associated with our day, but Anne helped us juggle these and made sure all went smoothly. We were thrilled with how the spaces turned out and know all of our guests had a great time and enjoyed the venues as well! We'd definitely make the same decision if we had to do it all over again!

Sent on 02/08/2017
  • Shelby

Shelby Truesdell · Married on 06/01/2019

Beautiful Venue

We held our wedding ceremony on the Terrace by the lake, behind the Fenimore Art Museum and then moved our guests across the street to the Farmer's Museum. Cocktail hour was held at the Carousel followed by the reception in the LCJC barn.
    Everything was absolutely beautiful, I don't think there could have been a more beautiful venue and we especially loved the fun touch of riding the carousel at cocktail hour. Anne Tandle, the event coordinator for the museum responded to all of my questions leading up to the day. She made all arrangements for me since we live in another state. The staff provided rides on golf carts to the wedding party and older guests to get from each location and they were available to help. The staff was very helpful but they were also very involved in every moment of the day so if you want something more intimate this may not be the place for you. However, you cannot beat the location, well worth the value and everyone was very friendly and made the day run smoothly.

Sent on 06/13/2019

The Farmers' Museum's reply:

Thank you for the awesome review, Shelby! I'm so glad the weather cooperated, helping to make your wedding day a perfect one. My staff & I thought all at your wedding were especially nice, which made our jobs even more rewarding. Here's wishing you and Paul the very best in matrimony. You're a perfect couple!