The Farmers' Museum Reviews

The Farmers' Museum 5
The Farmers' Museum 6
The Farmers' Museum 7

Kristina · Married on 10/15/2017

The Farmers' Museum was a perfect wedding venue for us! The Cornwall Church was quaint and cute, the Carousel was a great place for cocktail hour and carousel rides, and the Louis C. Jones Center was a perfect setting for the celebration! It was super convenient to have everything there in one location. Anne Tandle was wonderful to work with. She was always available to answer questions and she was there on the day of the wedding to make sure everything went off without a hitch!

Sent on 05/18/2018

The Farmers' Museum's reply:

Thank you, Kristina! You and Brian were a joy to work with!! I hope you're both enjoying your lives together as husband & wife. Please do visit The Farmers' Museum when you're back in the area.

Ashley · Married on 09/30/2017

We had both the Fenimore and the Farmers' Museum as a venue and having our wedding there is what made is truly special. The quality of this location is incomparable. Even more important was how amazing working with the venue in general was, Anne made our day something we will never forget - she was attentive, professional, and very easy to work with. I would highly recommend having your wedding day at this location!

Sent on 10/11/2017

The Farmers' Museum's reply:

Thank you for the great review, Ashley! It was such a pleasure assisting you with your wedding celebration. Here's wishing you and Tom the very best as you journey through life as husband and wife.

Emily · Married on 08/12/2017

My husband and I chose to have our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour on the terrace at the Fenimore Art Museum and our reception at the Farmers' Museum. Throughout the entire process Anne answered countless emails and met with us a couple of times to go over things. Anne and the staff at the Fenimore Art Museum/Farmer's Museum were accommodating and were so helpful! Despite having some passing showers, the staff worked diligently to ensure that our day came off without a hitch. We cannot thank them all enough for their hard work and attention to detail! Thank you Anne and all the staff at the Fenimore Art Museum/Farmers' Museum for making our wedding day memorable!!!

Sent on 09/04/2017

The Farmers' Museum's reply:

Thank you for the lovely referral, Emily! It was certainly a pleasure assisting you and Adam on your wedding day. At your reception the photographer mentioned that a beautiful rainbow had appeared after your ceremony and she was able to take a picture of you both in it. What a special photo!

Amy · Married on 07/22/2017

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony at the Fenimore Museum in August 2017. We loved everything about it! It was a gorgeous setting for our ceremony, and working with Anne was wonderful. She was extremely helpful, accommodating, and helped to ensure we had the best day possible. We held our reception across the street at the Farmer's Museum, which Anne also oversaw. Would absolutely recommend the Fenimore and Farmer's Museum, as well as Anne!

Sent on 08/22/2018
    The Farmers' Museum 8
    The Farmers' Museum 9
    The Farmers' Museum 10

The Farmers' Museum's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Amy. You're so thoughtful! I remember your special wedding day as if it were only yesterday. I can't believe it was over a year ago! A very Happy Anniversary to you and Noah!!

Emily · Married on 07/08/2017

I had a perfect wedding thanks to Anne Tandle at the Farmer’s Museum! Even with challenging weather, and challenging family members she kept everyone happy, and the day couldn’t have been better. Payment was smooth, all the staff was so helpful and kind, and everyone who attended our wedding still talks about how much fun they had! My husband and I will cherish our day thanks to Anne and her team!

Sent on 05/05/2018

The Farmers' Museum's reply:

You’re so kind, Emily! Thank you for your thoughtful review. I love my job, this is due to clients like you who make my work rewarding. I’ll never forget yours’ and Douglas’ wedding day. A memory I’ll never forget. Wishing you both the very best!!

Toni · Married on 06/03/2017

Had our wedding at the church at the Farmers Museum. All we had to do was show up. Everything was taken care of by Ann. The candelabras were lit which gave a nice touch to our wedding. She even rang the church bell after we were married. The staff was very accommodating in letting us take pics around the farm before and after the wedding. It was the perfect day and the perfect place to get married.

Sent on 08/11/2017

The Farmers' Museum's reply:

Thank you for for your nice review, Toni! I enjoyed assisting you and George at your wedding ceremony. Wishing you the very best as you travel this new journey together ...Anne

Katie · Married on 04/29/2017

We had our wedding here at the end of April in 2017. It was everything we could of dreamed of! Before we were engaged we met with Anne (site coordinator) and she was incredibly thoughtful through the whole process. She remembered us on each visit to the museum even before we had set a date! We had our ceremony in the chapel there, our cocktail hour in a tent attached to the Louis C. Jones Center. It was just magical. The vendors they recommend work flawlessly with the venue and there were no issues! It was a truly wonderful experience. If you have your wedding here you won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 09/16/2017

The Farmers' Museum's reply:

Thank you, Katie! You and Dan are a special couple destined to be husband & wife. I enjoyed getting to know you both as you planned your wedding celebration. I'll always remember your special day. -Anne Tandle

Courtney · Married on 04/22/2017

My fiance and I could not have found a more perfect venue for our April 2017. We have been making memories together at the Farmers Museum for years now and can't wait to create the biggest memory of all! Anne has been incredible to work with, supportive and accommodating throughout our planning process.

Rebecca · Married on 10/22/2016

My husband and I are members at the Farmer's Museum, and we couldn't have imagined getting married anywhere else. Our day was cold and rainy, but it was still perfect. Anne and the staff at the Farmer's Museum were accommodating and were so helpful! Despite having a flood and a fire occur the night before in one of the historic buildings, the staff worked diligently to ensure that our day came off without a hitch. We cannot thank them all enough for their hard work and attention to detail! They even reserved the carousel for us to get wedding pictures! Thank you Anne and all the staff at the Farmer's Museum!!

Kim · Married on 08/26/2016

The rehearsal dinner for our son's August 2016 wedding was held on the Fenimore Art Museum's grounds. It was a spectacular evening! The whole process was smooth beginning to end due to the wonderful guidance of Ann Tandle, the Art Museum's Event Planner. She is professional, dedicated and definitely made our event stress free!
    The Fenimore Art Museum's grounds and terrace are amazing. The combination of the gorgeous venue and the helpful ways of Ann Tandle made our rehearsal dinner a most memorable event.

Megan · Married on 07/02/2016

My husband and I got married on July 2, 2016. We rented out the terrace at the Fenimore Art Museum for our cocktail hour and we tented the lawn for our reception. The grounds at the Fenimore are breathtaking - I don't think I will ever forget the look on our guests faces as they walked around the terrace and took in the view of Lake Otsego. Anne Tandle was fabulous to work with and we really enjoyed everything that prepping for our day entailed. We used Mazzone Catering and Rise and Shine Tent Company and I cannot say enough nice things about both of them - our guests raved about the food and they truly catered to every one of our needs.

There are a handful of gorgeous places to get married in Cooperstown, but if you are going for simple, classic, and elegant, The Fenimore Art Museum is your place. Happy planning!!

Rebecca · Married on 06/18/2016

This location has so many options, my now husband and I visited about a year before we were planning to get married, we fell in love with the amphitheater! My guests to my wedding felt like they were watching a movie that was how beautiful our wedding was! My reception the dinner and dancing happen across the street at the Farmers Museum and the Louis C Jones center was absolutely gorgeous. Anne Tandle, the events planner for the Fenimore Art Museum and Farmers Museum is absolutely amazing she was my wedding planner this was a destination wedding for both families. She kept me, the bride, very calm and I had the most amazing, absolutely breathtaking, wedding ever!

Grace · Married on 06/27/2015

We stumbled across a historic and federally protected conservation garden in Cooperstown that we never knew existed. Immediately from there, we decided our ceremony would take place in what we refer to as a glimpse of Heaven! We weren't sure where our reception would be held until it was suggested that we check out the Terrace at the Fenimore Art Museum. That is when we met Anne Tandle, who is responsible for assisting individuals/groups/couples for their special occasions. Immediately upon meeting her, we were sold. The grounds are exceptionally beautiful, but we knew that working with someone was going to either make or break the venue which is a significant part to any wedding.

Immediately upon meeting Anne, she has a welcoming, kind and sensitive spirit about her that is genuinely aimed at providing the ultimate experience for your special day. She has a cooperative spirit, carries herself with professional integrity and was one of the most responsive and communicative people we worked with. She also went above and beyond during crises to ensure that our day was as we envisioned it, even when and if it wasn't technically her "job description." She helped us secure secondary catering after our original catering company illegally backed out six weeks before our wedding and even took appropriate action as necessary to accommodate guests when Mother Nature didn't cooperate on the day of our wedding.

We can't say enough things about the venue, but Anne Tandle is surely someone we'd recommend working with to anyone!

D.J. · Married on 06/27/2015

Anne was very accomodating and thorough.She communicated with the caterer and was lways looking out for our best interest.We would not hesitate to use her again and would highly recommend her.

Jennifer · Married on 05/30/2015

We felt Anne was very knowledgeable. She was prompt in replying to my emails inquiries and always willing to make suggestions. The weekend of the event, in the face of having to deal with personal heartbreak, she was there for us, with a smile on her face. She made my bride feel at ease and the wedding party welcome.

Michele · Married on 10/26/2013

We and our guests absolutely LOVED the Farmers' Museum for our ceremony and reception venue!! It's unique, charming, accommodating, and really set the stage for the entire theme of our wedding. Anne Tandle was phenomenal to work with - responsive, friendly, flexible, and an all around joy to work with. Our guests still rave about the carousel!

Alexa & Peter · Married on 10/01/2016

My husband and I worked with Anne to plan our wedding cocktail hour at the Fenimore Art Museum and reception at the Farmer's Museum. We were in touch with Anne almost a year and a half before our wedding and continued communicating with her right up until our wedding day! Anne was always kind, extremely responsive to our requests and helpful in providing us information. We had a lot of moving parts associated with our day, but Anne helped us juggle these and made sure all went smoothly. We were thrilled with how the spaces turned out and know all of our guests had a great time and enjoyed the venues as well! We'd definitely make the same decision if we had to do it all over again!

Jen · Married on 07/19/2014

My husband and I got married at the chapel at the Farmers' Museum, and held our cocktail hour at the carousel afterwards. It's a quaint and unique venue, and our guests absolutely loved it! Some of them even went back to the Farmers' Museum the next day to visit the museum itself! Anne, the events coordinator for the museum, is professional and helpful. They do tons of events there and they really know their stuff-- everything on the day-of went very smoothly. In addition to the spaces we used, there are other spots on site to get married (and across the street at the Fenimore Art Museum). If you're thinking of getting married in Cooperstown, you must check out the Farmers' Museum!

Tristan · Married on 04/14/2018

3.0
      3.5

Our wedding at the Farmer's Museum was gorgeous. It was well lit and it was convenient to have the ceremony in a church and reception in the reception hall on the same grounds. They had a room for me (the Bride) to hide prior to the ceremony and opened up special gates to let me in. The pictures turned out great and our guests found it to be extremely enjoyable! They had a shuttle that also helped our older guests attend the ceremony and helped us out with the rehearsal the night before. Anne was pretty good about getting back to us in a timely manner. There are some museum rules that must be followed- like being out by a certain time and assuring all your vendors met code on everything.

On our wedding day after the ceremony, we were walking around taking pictures as a couple and security told us we were not allowed to walk on the grounds because the museum was closed and we may let the animals out. So halfway through couples photos, we had to stop taking pictures on the grounds. We also had a billing issue, but Anne worked it out with us. It was a beautiful place for a wedding and I would recommend the farmer's museum!

Sent on 05/04/2018
    The Farmers' Museum 18
    The Farmers' Museum 19
    The Farmers' Museum 20

The Farmers' Museum's reply:

I was so sad reading the complaint brought up with Security stopping them from having photos taken on the grounds. It never should have happened. This was the first time I heard of this and it won’t occur again. I think the world of this sweet couple and have learned from this incident. I wish them the very best, for they’re a perfect couple whose wedding day I thought was beautiful. ...Anne