The Farm at South Mountain Reviews

36 | Phoenix, AZ

36 Reviews for The Farm at South Mountain

Kelley · Married on 03/14/2020

Amazing facility!

I love how accommodating the lady’s where in the office. You guys did amazing. I know I wasn’t the easiest to work with.

Sent on 04/04/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/26/2019

A Fairytale Wedding Venue

From the first time you visit The Farm at South Mountain, you’ll immediately fall in love with its lush greenery, rustic charm and delicious farm-to-table food. The venue is a lovely hidden gem just off of the I-10 and 32nd Street, which makes it a perfect “getaway” for anyone looking to get married in an outdoor venue minus the desert vibe. It’s a picture-perfect place that will make for the most incredible wedding photos!

The team at The Farm (including their catering service Santa Barbara Catering) is friendly and helpful and will do their best to get you exactly what you need. Our coordinator Kristen regularly checked in on us to see if we had any questions or concerns and she was always quick to respond whenever we did! She helped my now-husband and I work out all the fine details so that our wedding ceremony and reception were exactly as we envisioned.

This venue is also perfect for kids! Majority of our wedding guests had little ones and the kids had an absolute blast running around in the grass, playing cornhole and staring in awe at Homer the giant tortoise. The environment alone was enough to keep many of them entertained before the dance floor opened up during the reception.

The Farm is definitely one of the more expensive venues in Phoenix, and the prices will begin to add up once you start making upgrades (chairs, linens, lawn games, etc.) and they do limit some of the vendors you can choose, but in the end my husband and I couldn’t be happier with how our wedding turned out. We’d say it was absolutely worth the price!

Sent on 11/14/2019
  • Ruby

Ruby Streich · Married on 12/15/2018

Beautiful outdoor venue!!

This venue is perfect for the outdoor enchanted Garden wedding. Britney helped us plan to the day of and it surpassed our expectations. Everyone on staff was super responsive, cater to her needs, and made sure that all the little details were perfect. Our special day could not have been any better and we owe it to the farm for helping it go so smoothly. An outdoor wedding in December was beautiful, the leaves were falling but it created the most beautiful ambience and the string lighting in the pecan grove was incredibly romantic. I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Scott · Married on 12/30/2017

The Farm at South Mountain was awesome. The were VERY helpful throughout the entire planning right from the start. The reception was spectacular!

Sent on 01/19/2018

Carolina · Married on 12/03/2017

The staff was very responsive and professional. Definitely worth it

Sent on 12/18/2017

Janelle · Married on 12/01/2016

The Farm at South Mountain was a beautiful location for our Rustic Christmas Wedding! The venue is entirely outdoors, so be sure to think about the weather during your selection of this venue. We had a couple of scares with rain (we had our wedding December 1st) but ultimately it was a perfect day! It was a little cold in the evening, but The Farm provided heaters that worked great around each table. The food was amazing and well prepared. Presentation was beautiful! The staff was amazing and professional for our guests. The girls at The Farm, Nikki and Kristen, were there every step of the way during the planning process. Kristen was awesome during the day of the event, as well as Alex, our captain of the evening. All in all, it was a perfect day and The Farm at South Mountain made it happen!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Shannon · Married on 11/11/2016

We could not have picked a more perfect place to have our wedding. We were married on 11/11/16 and did a morning/brunch wedding. The venue is absolutely gorgeous, and the atmosphere is perfect for a morning wedding. From the moment we first visited the Farm, I knew it was where I wanted my wedding. All of the staff at the Farm were incredibly helpful, but we worked closely with Brittany. She was absolutely amazing. She answered my ENDLESS questions, made sure that everything was absolutely perfect for our big day, and was the first person on site to greet us even though it was 6:30 in the morning! Every detail was perfect, and we received several compliments on the venue. I would highly recommend The Farm to anyone looking for a gorgeous outdoor venue with amazingly helpful and friendly staff.

Sent on 12/04/2016

Kayla · Married on 04/23/2016

To me, there will never be a more beautiful place in the world to get married! When I tell you it looked breathtaking at the sunset and throughout the night, I'm not exaggerating. I fell in love the first time we set foot on the property, and it was even better the night we got married! Kelseywas such a joy to work with and so totally thorough in getting every detail correct, I can't thank her enough! My one recommendation would be: if you are getting married there because you like the full, beautiful trees, don't schedule your date before the middle of April. Our original date was March 19th, and we changed it to April 23rd because the trees were bare in March when I visited the year before our wedding!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Melanie · Married on 11/09/2015

So many of our guests stated over and over that The Farm at South Mountain was the most beautiful and intimate wedding venue they have ever seen. The staff were professional and willing to help with anything. The food was to die for, the setting was breathtaking, and our experience was priceless.

Sent on 11/15/2015

This is the most beautiful venue and the wedding coordinators (Kelsey in particular) were amazing the entire time. We had a million questions and they always answered them in a timely manner and provided us all the help they could. The trees provide amazing shade and the guests were very comfortable - even for a late May wedding in Arizona. The serving staff were amazing and everyone RAVED about the food from Santa Barbra Catering. This venue made our wedding day flawless and I can not thank them enough.

Sent on 06/09/2015

Jessica · Married on 04/18/2015

I have my wedding booked at The Farm at South Mountain later this Spring and I could not be more excited. Kesley and Nikki have been so easy to work with. They are very responsive to my emails and requests. They make me feel important, although I know they have a ton of brides to deal with on a weekly basis. We just did our tasting with the venue and the food was fabulous! We can't wait for our big day at The Farm!

Sent on 01/26/2015
  • Meggie

Meggie · Married on 03/14/2015

We LOVED this wedding venue. We had a great time working with them. They were very quick to respond to our questions. They let us walk the property when we needed to. They were very helpful and informative. Plus, it is gorgeous!! We got so many compliments on the actual location! Thanks so much for providing such a great location for the happiest days of our lives!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Karolina · Married on 11/16/2014

My husband and I struggled to find a unique and interesting venue for sometime after our engagement, but then we found The Farm at South Mountain. The trees and greenery felt like you were plopped straight onto a farm on the east coast, and we absolutely loved it! We chose to hold our ceremony/ reception on the Quiessence Lawn/ Morning Glory Patio. No generic ballroom feel here. Along with the perfect scenery came the perfect staff; everyone was knowledgable, pleasant, and answered any questions we had in a timely manner. The day of our wedding, there were about 5-10 staff members were on hand to help decorate and bring everything to life. We were so pleased with the outcome of everything, and wouldn't have it any other way!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Greg · Married on 04/20/2013

After driving all over the valley almost a year before our big day, our last stop was The Farm at South Mountain. We'll be honest, the first thing that caught our interest was the cost of this venue when compared to others. When we weighed all of the other factors that make a great venue (location, amenities, hotel proximity, etc.) coupled with our desire for a vintage outdoor wedding - The Farm took the cake!

Lindley was there from the start and provided valuable insight and was a joy to work with. The Farm was everything we could ask for - and was beautiful for a late-April wedding!

Sent on 06/26/2013

Deborah · Married on 03/24/2013

They where so understanding and helpful in everything I needed! The catering team was awesome! My wedding planner was short handed of staff and they jumped in to help decorate! And the food was amazing, a year later and I still get compliments about the food! Over all loved my venue!

Sent on 04/09/2014

Sharla · Married on 01/11/2011

The Farm was the perfect location for us. We had tons of space and they offered us a deep discount for our weekday wedding.

Sent on 01/18/2011

Tena · Married on 03/28/2010

We had our ceremony & reception at the canopy (all outdoors), and the Farm was an absolutely dream come true for us! It was beautiful, especially at night with the twinkle lights. Our coordinator, Nikki DeHerrera, answered all our questions, especially when all our questions started to roll in the week before the wedding. There is nothing like having an outdoor Phoenix wedding at a site that doesn’t reminded you of Phoenix at all. I’ll rave about it all day long. There are 3 different options for ceremony & reception on the premisis, some indoor and some outdoor, so it can work with any time of year.

They work only with Santa Barbara catering, which can make it a bit expensive and offsetting for someone who likes to pick & choose what vendors they use. But this actually made planning easier for me, one less vendor to look for! They also provided a complementary menu tasting with the caterer, so it’s not as if you are signing up without trying the food (which is delicious, by the way).

Also an added bonus of marrying at a venue that houses three different restaurants (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)? We will have a place to go on our anniversary that will remind us of our wedding.

Sent on 04/14/2010
  • lindsayruck

Lindsay · Married on 03/13/2010

Nikki and Lauren were very responsive to all of our questions and last minute changes. The wedding itself site is great and really gorgeous especially if you want something that is an Arizona institution but not the desert. The food was amazing as well. I can't tell you how many people were still talking about the food days after.

Sent on 03/17/2010

Lisa · Married on 10/17/2009

Loved the setting for our elegant/rustic fall wedding. The coordinator was very helpful, the food amazing, and our guests told me the staff at the event was very cordial and professional. In spite of the record-breaking heat that day (103!), everyone had a wonderful time!

Sent on 10/21/2014

jessica · Married on 11/10/2007

The Farm was great because they allowed any vendor you wanted.

Sent on 12/11/2007

The Farm is the ultimate in rustic, outdoor wedding spaces! The food from Santa Barbara is amazing and Nikki D. Is the most amazing venue coordinator who made our vision come to life! I definitely recommend the Farm to anyone who dreams of a wedding surrounded by good food, people, pecan trees and twinkling lights! Just perfect!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Karen · Married on 04/11/2014

The wedding for my daughter at the Farm was so enchanting and perfect! Thank you to Lindley for all her help in making this happen the way my daughter envisioned.

Sent on 04/18/2014

Karen · Married on 04/03/2010

We were married in April in Isabella's Garden. The garden was breath taking and the weather was perfect on our special day. The reception followed on the patio under tree wrapped in lights. It was beautiful. Nikki was our consultant and was patient and professional throughout my millions of questions and planning worries. Just as she promised, the day of the wedding went off without a hitch. The setting is absolutely beautiful and you'll never know your in Phoenix. Worth every penny!

Sent on 06/12/2010

Danielle · Married on 11/30/2017

My husband and I really loved having our wedding at the Farm. Our Farm coordinator, Brittany, and all of the Farm staff, were so helpful and kind. Brittany really made our day something out of a dream. The venue itself is gorgeous so half of your work is done! Our wedding was at the Stone Grove so we were able to use the stone oven for pizzas- it was so fun! I gave four stars for the amazing customer service, beautiful venue, food, but the ability to only choose from two DJ services was frustrating, given that the one DJ we chose wasn't very good. Regardless, I was choose the Farm to have my wedding at again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 01/03/2018

Jynelle · Married on 11/20/2016

I'm so glad that we decided to have our wedding at The Farm! Nikki and Kristen are very knowledgable and have such great advice to help you along the way during the planning. They were always quick to reply to my (what seemed like millions of) questions. The Farm offers many, many options in terms of customizing your wedding. With this, there may be add-ons to your initial cost depending on what you're looking for. Certain options may cost extra, but the options the catering offers are unforgettable and unique. You can truly keep it as minimal or as elaborate as you wish. Plus, Santa Barbara's catering was AMAZING and many of our guests raved about the food!

On the day of (and day before) our wedding Kristen & Nikki went above and beyond to help us tremendously in a last minute rain scare. The weather forecast had taken a change in the final 24 hours before our big day and we ended up having to change some things around. We originally chose Stone Grove for our reception area, but due to the last minute change in the forecast, missing the cut off to order tents, and following the staffs advice, we decided to switch over to The Canopy (we got very lucky that it was still an option). Kristen and Nikki made sure that everything was seamlessly moved over, kept close communication with me the evening before and morning of providing updates about the changes, and even contacted all my vendors to alert them of the changes. They kept reassuring me that despite any weather it would still be a perfect day! I don't think that our guests even realized that there had been a change in plans and I can't thank the ladies enough for making what could have been an incredibly stressful situation into one where I didn't feel any worries because I knew they had it all under control.

Sent on 02/27/2017