The Exceptional Wedding Reviews

58 | Vieques, PR

58 Reviews for The Exceptional Wedding

Sara · Getting married on 10/19/2020

I don't have enough wonderful things to say about Ogla. She is truly amazing. Leading up to our wedding, she was open, communicative, and responsive to any comments or concerns we had. She sent us copies of the ceremony that she had written out for us and allowed us to make any comments or suggestions. During our actual ceremony, she did an incredible job. She was so powerful, spiritual, and lovely-- everyone was absolutely amazed by her. All of the groomsmen were in tears!!! Additionally- I found out after the wedding that our event coordinator showed up ten minutes after the wedding was supposed to begin, and Ogla helped my mother in a pinch! I highly recommend Dr. Ogla Silva without any hesitation or doubts. If she officiates your wedding, you will be so incredibly pleased with her. We love her!

Sent on 06/25/2015

Chelsea · Married on 01/04/2020

Ogla was exceptional. She took the time to speak with us to get to know our love story and incorporated every aspect of our relationship in the ceremony. She made our ceremony incredibly special and personal. Her words were kind, loving, and warm. Us and our guests could not stop raving about how well the ceremony was preformed and how great Ogla is.

Anyone who knows Puerto Rico, knows that there are hundreds of beautiful beaches. Ogla drove to the beach (arrived early!) of our choice in Rincon (which was not a quick or easy route no matter where she drove from).

If we had questions, she was there to answer them. She is incredibly responsive by email and text message. This was especially helpful because I am a worrisome law student. After the ceremony she took care of all of the necessary steps to have our marriage license recorded with the State.

We are incredibly fortunate to have come across her. If you are deciding on who should be your officiant on your special day, PLEASE contact Ogla. She is beyond words amazing!

Thank you again Ogla!

Sent on 01/11/2017

Helaine Zinaman · Married on 01/02/2020

Olga is an incredible officiant!

Olga was amazing from start to finish. She was incredibly positive, receptive, reliable and responsive. She made us feel very comfortable throughout the process and when a natural disaster interfered with our ability to obtain our license, she immediately gave us options. She created the perfect ceremony for us! We totally recommend Olga without any reservation.

Sent on 01/16/2020

Vitalii Zub · Married on 11/22/2019

Wonderful ceremony

Rev. Ogla is amazing! I recommend her to anyone looking to get married in Puerto Rico. Our experience was great. Ogla contacted us before the wedding to get to know us and created ceremony that was personal to us. She's personal and professional. On the wedding day she arrived early to make sure everything goes smooth at the ceremony and even stayed late for additional mini ceremony at the reception dinner. And lastly, she's also helped us to get a marriage certificate mailed to the US. Overall great experience.
    We're very thankful to Ogla for being our officiant!

Sent on 12/01/2019

Alley Nikolai · Married on 11/09/2019

Professional and intimate

Ogla took the time to get to know my husband and I before hand so our vows would be meaningful. She even took great consideration into our beliefs and the verbiage in which we were comfortable with so that our vows were tailored completely to us and no one else. She was flexible with our elopement dates and even picked up our certificate for us since we were not local.
    Ogla was very attentive to my wants as an eloping bride. She kept into consideration the fact that I wasn’t going to have anyone with me and was willing to do whatever to make my vision come true. If I could do it over again, I would still choose Ogla.

Sent on 11/21/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 03/16/2019

Wonderful!

Olga made us feel So comfortable and confident she would do a great job! She did a wonderful job! I would go back to her every time. I didn’t have a lot of input on what we wanted aside from simple, she listened to us and our stories and made a wonderful service for us. It couldn’t have been better!

Sent on 03/26/2019
  • Ann

Ann Curtis · Married on 12/03/2018

Perfect Officiate for the perfect day.....

Ogla was amazing! She schedule time with us for a personal interview to get to know us. Her service was a perfect representation of our feelings and love for each other! It was as if she knew us. We had an unusual circumstance that caused us to reschedule our trip. She was very accommodating and adjusted to the new date. She provided some great suggestions. Her service brought tears to our eyes. She cared enough to make the service personal. Her process to ensure you have all the required documents to obtain your license was spot on. She met us at the Demographic Office on Vieques to walk us through completing all the necessary paperwork for our marriage license. No need to look any other further. You will not be sorry!

Sent on 12/21/2018

Crystal · Married on 10/05/2018

Made our wedding personal and lovely

Rev. Dr. Silva was exceptional in the services she provided. She spent the time to get to know us and our story so that she could personalize our ceremony. Her time and efforts will forever be remembered.

Sent on 11/02/2018

ryan · Married on 08/11/2018

Olga really made our wedding special. She took the extra time to personalize the ceremony to really make it ours. I highly recommend her. I felt so lucky to have her there and to make it such a special evening.

Sent on 08/24/2018

Michelle · Married on 06/16/2018

We highly recommend Olga. Since we had a destination wedding, we were not able to meet she until the day of the wedding. Despite that, she did a great job of getting to know us over the phone and making the ceremony feel very personable and unique to us. Additionally, she has a very peaceful and joyful disposition that added a wonderful vibe to our wedding (and helped calm our nerves). We couldn’t be happier.

Sent on 06/25/2018

Tiffany · Married on 05/18/2018

Ogla was wonderful from the planning stages, to the day itself, and beyond. She was punctual, gave a lovely personalized ceremony, and was a pleasure to work with! Her rate is super affordable and cannot be beat for everything she does. You can tell that she truly enjoys her job and her primary goal is to make the ceremony as special and memorable for you as possible. Thank you, Ogla! - Tiffany & Scott

Sent on 06/22/2018

Kimberly · Married on 05/17/2018

Ogla was incredible every step of the way. We were denied by other officiants because we are a same sex couple. For Olga, she said her only requirement was that we love each other and both want to take the next step into marriage. This was an amazing response that immediately put us at ease and we knew we could trust her. Ogla was able to create a perfect ceremony that truly represented our love. Our guests were talking about how special the ceremony was all night! She included our family members and was able to speak in both English and Spanish to accommodate both sides. She was reliable and always responded almost immediately to all of our questions. Ogla also guided us through the marriage license process which was a little daunting for us, but her patience and guidance got us through! We highly recommend Ogla - she is amazing!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Adriana · Married on 03/24/2018

Ogla was EVERYTHING we could have hoped for and more. She took the time to really get to know our story and what has brought us to this point in our lives of wanted to take this next step of becoming husband and wife. She listened to what makes our relationship unique. She was willing to accommodate our Spanish AND English speaking guests. She was so detail oriented and really made our special day even that more special. We truly appreciate her traveling into the main land with her husband to be a part of our wedding. Thank You Ogla! -Adriana & Manny Vargas

Sent on 04/03/2018

David · Married on 07/09/2017

The best experience ever! She was so organized and professional!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Ramonita · Married on 06/17/2017

Ogla was wonderful. She took the time to talk to us and give us a perfect ceremony. I am very happy í chose her and would recommend her 100% . She planned a beautiful ceremony joining two families and including our children and grandchild in it. Luis and Ramonita Hernandez.

Sent on 06/22/2017
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 04/27/2017

No need to look any further! I first want to start out by saying Ogla was the best decision we made when it came to our wedding. We received more compliments on our ceremony then anything else. It was so personalized, that people thought we knew her prior to our wedding. There wasn't a dry eye in the house! She even went over and above to help us get our documents expedited for military needs. Being a lesbian, we were initially apprehensive looking for an officiant, but Ogla was very disarming and made the whole process and enjoyable experience!

Sent on 06/03/2017

I had no idea what to expect when searching for an officiant for our destination wedding. When I came across The Exceptional Wedding on Wedding Wire, the first thing I immediately sought to were the great reviews. I prayed and hoped that the reviews were accurate. Rev. Olga was our officiant. She was everything I hoped she would be. She took the time to speak with my husband and I prior to our wedding to hear our love story and get a great sense of our love. She asked all the right questions to make sure that should could deliver a beautiful ceremony and that she did!!!

We also used her services to get our marriage certificate. When I received our certificate, I noticed there was a mistake on my husband's birthday. Rev. Olga made sure to get it corrected and mailed us the new certificate.

Overall, we had an amazing experience with Rev. Olga. Even our wedding guest and bridal party raved about how great and heartfelt our ceremony was!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Marilyn · Married on 04/11/2017

On April 11th our daughter was married on escambron beach in Puerto Rico by the most amazing, accommodating, and sweetest woman named Ogla Silva. Ten months before we were to arrive for the wedding we contracted with Ogla and she never disappointed. She was so helpful in every aspect of planning, as we live in ny. She even went above and beyond by ordering and picking up a cake for us. Wow!! We definitely chose right! Ogla, discreetly let me know that she hadn't received my payment in the mail. She was so professional and worked with us. I have nothing negative to say about Ogla. I highly recommend her services.

Sent on 04/20/2017

Alisha · Married on 03/21/2017

Ogla is amazing! We had many questions since we've never been to PR and she was always quick to answer them all. We had two conference calls where she asked us what we wanted in our ceremony and about our relationship. She listened to all our requests, like making sure to include my 9 yr old as part of the ceremony and specific music. She also added many special touches with the unity candle, a Bible verse we requested, a beautiful speech of her own, and even brought my daughter flowers. I was amazed by her flexibility as we got married in the middle of the rainforest. She even helped me tie my corset backing of my dress. Thank you Ogla for making our day go so smooth and memorable! It was a blessing to meet you!!!

Sent on 03/26/2017

jerme · Married on 02/17/2017

We didn't have a lot of time and found Ogla. She responded quickly, and made finalizing our wedding stress-less. After just a couple of phone calls with us, she had a very unique and appropriate ceremony just for us. I was worried, as we didn't even go over it before hand, but everything went very smoothly. We are very happy.

Sent on 02/28/2017

susana · Married on 02/11/2017

Just stop looking and talk/book to Ogla so she can be your wedding officiant. We cannot be more than happy that she was our officiant. Since the beginning she was very accommodating to our questions and requests and she really tailored the content of our ceremony to be very particular to our story. The ceremony itself was beautiful (every single word) and we got compliments from every guest saying that it was the best ceremony that they witnessed in their life! The day of the event she arrived to the venue 3 hours before and made sure that everything was in place, a true professional. The communication with here is excellent. We cant recommend her enough! Thanks to Ogla our wedding started beautifully.

Sent on 02/21/2017

Coley · Married on 01/14/2017

Olga was fantastic to work with and I am so glad I found her! She is highly responsive and flexible with our wedding being on the island of Culebra. She was willing to travel to Fajardo to complete paperwork with us, and then again travel to the island the day of the wedding. By my count, that is over 6 hours on a ferry... and her price was so reasonable that we planned to tip her 100% the day of the wedding. We were able to find a way for someone we know to legally marry us, and Olga was fantastic about it. I insisted that she keep our deposit for being so wonderful. The reduced stress level was worth it alone. I am 100% positive that Olga will help give you the ceremony of your dreams. She is a lovely woman who really cares to get to know you and will make it a smooth process from beginning to happily ever after.

Sent on 12/19/2016

John · Married on 01/14/2017

My future wife found Olga after a long search for someone to marry us on Culebra Island. She was worried that nobody would be willing to travel all the way there and the date was getting close. Olga was not only willing to travel for the wedding, but also included travel to the demographic office to meet us to complete the paperwork in her fee. We ended up finding a way for a friend to marry us, but can not thank Olga enough for all of the help and piece of mind she gave us. I have no doubt that the ceremony would have been perfect and highly recommend Olga.

Sent on 12/19/2016

Michele · Married on 01/07/2017

I knew Ogla was right for us after our 1st call. The soft tone of her voice, the questions she asked of us, her attention to details was just what we were searching for...someone who generally cared about her clients. Olga takes the time to get to know her clients in order to create personally touching vows for the most important day of your lives. We completed a questionnaire and after that Ogla set up a conference call with us where she got to know us even more. We loved the vows she created especially for us! Our guests loved them too! Ogla also was very helpful with obtaining the necessary government stamps required for obtaining and filing our license..saving us that extra step. Communication with Ogla was seamless and a pleasure. Thank you Ogla!

Sent on 01/21/2017

We had our doubts when planning a "destination wedding", but Ogla put all those doubts to rest. She responded in a timely manner, communicated effectively, arrived early, and delivered a ceremony that we will never forget (all for a fraction of the price for other officiants). There's no telling how our wedding day would have gone if we hired someone else, but as for my wife and I, we are very thankful we chose The Exceptional Wedding to carry out our ceremony. Prior to our arrival in Puerto Rico, we had phone conversations with Ogla so that she could personalize our ceremony that spoke deep truths about our relationship (as opposed to many officiants who just read off of a script). We locked in a date and Ogla took care of the rest! For stressfree wedding planning that allows for a beautiful ceremony, choose the Exceptional Wedding!

Sent on 01/10/2017