The Event Group Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • Robin
    Robin F. Married on 11/09/2019

Excellent and easy

The food was delicious. The servers were professional and speedy. They went above and beyond by cutting and serving the cake. Julie was so easy to work with. Helpful and responsive.

The Event Group's reply:

Thank you, Robin! It was such a pleasure to work with you on your daughter's wedding! We are so honored you chose us!
  • mario
    Mario Married on 07/04/2019

Awesome Vendor

The Event Group honored our contract after another vendor closed and was very helpful, responsive and professional during the process.

The food was delicious and was prepared exactly like we asked.

Shellie was physically on site for the catering and ensured the flow of food was not overbearing and that the portions distributed was enough for all guest to eat. I would highly recommend this vendor.

The Event Group's reply:

Thank you for your review, Mario! We appreciate the kind words. It was our honor to help you out with your wonderful wedding. Wishing you and Cassandra all the best!!
    Mary C. Married on 06/29/2019

Everything was perfect!

Loved working for them for our wedding! We did the italian buffet and were NOT disappointed.

The Event Group's reply:

Mary, Thank you so much for the sweet words! It was a pleasure working with you for your wedding day! Thank you for choosing us!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Logan B. Married on 02/23/2019

Accomadating, Responsive, and Easy

The Event Group was very responsive from the moment we reached out. They allowed us to customize a menu quickly and easily. Everyone at the wedding loved the food!

The Event Group's reply:

Logan, thank you so much for your review. We loved your menu! Crowd-pleaser, for sure! We are wishing you & Amanda the best!!
  • Meghan
    Meghan F. Married on 12/29/2018

Wedding Caterer

The Event Group took over our contract when KFB went bankrupt. What was a stressful, concerning time became a lot easier once we met with Shellie and Julie. They were so helpful with menu, tastings, timeline, and room layout, and everything ran so smoothly the day of. The Event Group went above and beyond to deliver for us and we're so grateful for the work they put in to make everything perfect.

The Event Group's reply:

Thank you Meghan! We appreciate your review so much! We were honored you allowed us to step in to cater your beautiful wedding. We still talk about your fun menu! Happy (almost) Anniversary! We hope you & Patrick are doing so well!!
    Haylee Married on 12/22/2018

Wedding 12/22/18

I absolutely LOVED working with The Event Group. They were so amazing to work with. We did not even sample the food before the wedding, but it was delicious. Everyone raved about how good the food was. Julie worked with me to create the perfect layout for the venue and timeline for the entire reception. If I were to go back and plan my wedding all over again, I would choose The Event Group every time!

The Event Group's reply:

Thank you for your review Haylee! You are the sweetest! Happy (almost) Anniversary! I hope you and Rhett are doing wonderfully!!
    Krystal Married on 06/01/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Claudia and her team were fantastic!! The food was AMAZING!!! We did the buffet with chicken, beef, pasta, and vegetables and it was well worth the price. The staff provided for my wedding were wonderful and did an amazing job!
  • User1271609 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We used The Event Group through The Chancellor Hotel and they were so great to work with and went above and beyond their duties as our caterers. The food was awesome as well- we had so many compliments on the food throughout the night. They have such a great selection and are well worth every penny!
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey Married on 05/25/2019

Great food, great staff!

We loved having Event Group cater our reception!
    The food was great (which is always the main concern!) and we ordered just the right amount for all of our guests. I worked with Julie Fitzpatrick almost exclusively throughout the process of choosing the menu, and she is great! So kind, so patient, so understanding to all of my changes and questions. I had never picked a menu for an event before, and she did a great job explaining everything to me and giving me options. She even personally brought me a plate of food once the reception started so I would have a chance to eat!
    The staff that served at our reception was awesome and almost completely invisible - they were so good I rarely saw any work being done!
    We also hired a bartender through Event Group and she was great! We provided our own alcohol, which I personally think is the way to do it!
    Overall I would recommend them to anyone needing to cater an event and will use them in the future if I need a caterer!

The Event Group's reply:

Lindsey, thank you so much for your sweet review. It was my pleasure working with you on your beautiful wedding. All your questions and planning made the day run so smoothly and we are honored you allowed us to be a part of it! Wishing you & Chris all the best!!
    Nerry Married on 06/24/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    It is a beautiful venue with many options to tailor to your wants and needs. Just know there is a ton of set-up to do yourself!
  • User1176773 2+ years ago
    4.7 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating
    The quality of the food was excellent . We all enjoyed every item and the servers were wonderful. Heather was our head staff person and she was excellent. She even packaged the left-over food at the end of the event and placed it in the refrigerator. Everyone loved the great meal. Thank you to the Event Group.
    Andria Married on 10/22/2011
      4.0 out of 5 rating
    The majority of compliments I have received about my wedding have been about the food. That is all thanks to The Event Group. I worked with Shellie, who took my random collection of ideas and executed them creatively and deliciously at our reception. I truly appreciate her flexibility to communicate completely via email, which was such a convenient method for me. I recommend The Event Group for any event whether you have ideas to start from or need them to come up with something spectacular from scratch.
    Misty Married on 04/22/2017
    3.8 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating
    They cater through the venue we're using so we scheduled a taste test with them for an appetizers package. Unfortunately, you can only sample 2-3 items out of all the options, so we're not 100% sure if we're going to love the options we chose, but they're easy enough to work with and hopefully the food will turn out great.
    K Married on 10/11/2014
    3.6 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating
      3.5 out of 5 rating
    I mostly spoke with Shellie throughout our whole planning. She was wonderful and very responsive. However, my main complaint comes from the day of our wedding. We had another woman who arrived to set up and handle the catering. She had no idea what was going on. Although Shellie had required me to send her a diagram of how things were to be set up and had even recommended changes which I did and sent back to her, the lady the day of our wedding had no clue as to where anything went. I had to actually tell her how the Event Group set up their bar (with a table behind the bar) because she thought we had an extra table. Also, I paid an extra $75 to have the Event Group set our tables. I sent them a photo and it was approved ahead of time. Unfortunately, the lady did not do as I asked and my bridesmaids had to set out the napkins. The head table where my husband and I sat did not have any silverware or glasses. Although Shellie was a pleasure, it is a shame I wasted money to have the tables set and my bridesmaids had to do it and very unfortunate that I was constantly being questioned as to where things were supposed to go on the day of my wedding when they had received diagrams prior to the date. Also, as a side note I had a macaroni and cheese station with martini glasses. I thought the mac n cheese was to be served in the martini glasses, but the glasses were just on the table with it. My guests had no idea what the martini glasses were for and they mostly went unused.