The Event Center at Sandia Golf Club Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Briana
    Briana S. Married on 11/01/2019

Dream Wedding

We had the best experience with The Event Center. Lauren and Ashley were awesome and were always there when we needed them and answered all questions. They made sure everything was good to go and set up perfectly so we didn't have to stress about anything the day of the wedding. The service from the staff on our wedding night was phenomenal. My guest raved about the food and how beautiful the place was. Definitely 10 out of 10!!
    Jane R. Married on 09/21/2019

Fairy Tale Wedding

Thanks to Lauren and Ashley, it was a fairy tale wedding. They made planning a wedding fun and relaxing. Everything was absolutely perfect and the food was over the top. Most of our 200 guest were from out of state and they were blown away by the gorgeous setting, the food, and the service. Janie Rowe
    Gavin Married on 07/14/2018
    We are very glad that we chose the Event Center at Sandia Golf Club for our wedding reception. Lauren and her staff including Helen were fantastic to work with, even as we planned everything from another state! The venue is gorgeous with its mountain views and has the fun patio with rolling windows that allows for both indoor and outdoor activities. We went with the La Casa menu with some customizations for our dinner, and everyone thought the food was delicious. We had a beautiful reception at the Event Center and would definitely recommend it! Lauren and Helen, thanks for doing a great job!
  • W
    Whitney Married on 03/09/2018
    The Team at this venue did an awesome job. Their services definitely allowed us (bride and groom) to relax the day of the wedding because everything was in such good hands. The scenery was beautiful and our ceremony and reception set up was exactly what we wanted. We wouldn't change anything about this venue. We loved it!
    Katherine Married on 11/11/2017
    We had our wedding reception at the Event Center at Sandia Golf Club on 11/11/17. We were blown away by the customer service from the very beginning. Lauren was very responsive to all of our questions before the event, kept us informed of any changes, and was accommodating to all of our last minute additions. Everything was set up perfectly when we arrived. We loved having the entire space including the ballroom and the outdoor patio, especially since the venue has such gorgeous views of the Sandias and the golf course. The food was excellent! The Comfort menu and mashpotini bar were a huge hit with our guests. Our guests had great things to say about the bar service as well. During the event, the catering manager and staff took excellent care of us and our guests. Overall, Lauren and her team were amazing and a pleasure to work with! We highly recommend the Event Center at the Sandia Golf Club for wedding receptions.
  • Katie
    Katie Married on 11/04/2017
    Absolutely loved this venue and everything that we got. Hands down they created an amazing experience for our wedding and everyone complimented on how great service, food and professional the staff was. I couldn't more happy with the fact that I chose this location. Lauren and the rest of the staff were amazing and allowed my husband and I a day we will never forget!
  • User2997532 2+ years ago
    We loved this venue! Took such great care of us from start to finish. At the wedding me and my new husband had our own waiter for our table and he was great! Valerie did a great job of running the show and making sure everything started on time! Thank you for everything!
    Kyle Married on 04/30/2016
    We can't overstate how great the Event Center staff were. Lauren and Stephanie helped us through every step of the process (including some last minute changes due to weather!)
    The driving range ceremony location is beautiful and the food was fantastic. All of the staff were very professional and made sure that everything ran smoothly. Highly recommend!
    Lauren Married on 10/17/2015
    Lauren and Stephanie are very nice to work with! They are both so helpful and very responsive to all my annoying questions! Lauren helped me from day one of planning all the way up until the day and Stephanie finalized everything and was there the day of the wedding. She made sure everything went perfect!! They are both great ladies to work with and I'm so glad they were both there!
  • User2165851 2+ years ago
    We were so lucky to work with Lauren and Stephanie. They were so helpful and were willing to do everything they could to help us figure out the weather on our day. On the day of our rehearsal they offered the brand new event center to us because the weather was supposed to be awful on our wedding day. We were blessed enough to be the first wedding in the Green Reed Event Center. It was absolutely gorgeous and everything came out wonderfully, thanks in part to the amazing staff. We couldn't have asked for a better group of people to work with and the space was absolutely spectacular!!!
    Victoria Married on 11/01/2014
    One of the main reasons I picked Sandia golf club for my wedding was the location! The view of the mountains at sunset is gorgeous. It was an added bonus to have everyone at the golf club! Everyone that we worked with was so great! Thank you for making my day so wonderful!
  • User1921613 2+ years ago
    Ernie and Katrina were wonderful! They both made the day very special:)
    Jamie Married on 09/27/2014
    Sandia Golf Club is accommodating, flexible, and willing to make your event special and unique. We had a baseball themed wedding at a golf course and it was perfect! They took each detail that we thought was important and made it their top priority. We couldn't have asked for more! Thank you!!!!
  • User1985912 Event on: 09/16/2014
    This was a small group and the service was over the top and way beyond expected.
  • User1916068 2+ years ago
    Sandia golf course helped make my wedding day amazing! They helped the day stay stress free and of course you can't beat the view!!
    Kelly Married on 06/21/2014
    Sandia Golf Club provided the perfect venue for our wedding. Katrina Hill was wonderful to work with in making all arrangements for our special day, from the basic necessities to the smallest details, like providing plastic flutes for the children's sparkling cider toast. The ceremony location near the driving range was beautiful, and we appreciated the use of the resort's limo for the bridal party. The reception location on the patio was absolutely beautiful, and a perfect size for dinner and dancing for our guests. Katrina was able to provide us with some advice on vendors, including our DJ, who was amazing. The price value at Sandia Golf Club was phenomenal compared to other venues that we considered. Overall, we had such a wonderful event and were so pleased with the beauty of the location and the staff's efforts to go above and beyond to make our wedding day unforgettably wonderful!
  • User1917125 2+ years ago
    The Sandia staff really made the evening special. The food was good and the service was great. Ernie really went the extra mile and did some little things for the wedding party that made it extra special. Overall the venue was a great value, but you can't really put a price on the exceptional service we had.
  • User1971799 2+ years ago
    I absolutely loved having our wedding out at Sandia Golf Club. It was simple and elegant, which was exactly what we wanted. We were able to set up a lot of the lights and lanterns we wanted (that we brought on our own) the day before. It was so nice to have the flexibility with coming in and working with them around our crazy schedules. They were always a phone call away and quick with responses. I wouldn't change a thing.
    Kaitlyn Married on 09/13/2014
    Overall I was amazed at how my event coordinator and her staff put together my wedding reception and ceremony. They set up my entire site based on notes and pictures I sent to her through email. Each table setting was perfect, the ceremony set up was beautiful and they added extra touches to complete the look and I was more than pleasantly surprised with how beautiful the details were. The food was AMAZING and everyone talked about it for weeks. I didn't hear one negative word about the food. Fabulous brisket and smoked pork, and the sides were delicious. The venue is perfect for weddings. You cannot beat the scenery. The staff provided my guests transportation from the patio to the greens for the ceremony which was actually really nice. I loved working with my event coordinator Katrina. She was PERFECTION. I wish she could have stayed all night but another staff member took over during dinner service.
    The dinner service manager did give my photographer a hard time about the champagne toast causing a bit of an issue that wasn't necessary. He was apparently quite rude to my photographer and sister in law. That's why I knocked off a little on professionalism. I would advise the bride and groom to select their drink for the toast whether it be champagne or something else before the wedding date so there is no confusion.
    I did have one negative situation were golfers and a couple of casino goers had come over to the patio and basically crashed the reception, the two golfers were smoking the cigars we bought for our guests which was irritating. So I was not happy about that. The staff that took over for the evening didn't close off the patio after it got dark and there were random people still drinking in the bar and coming out onto the patio taking cigars. I didn't realize the area was still open to the public I thought I had paid for it to be my area for my guests only. But what can you do. I just asked them to leave when I saw them.
    Genie Married on 10/18/2014
    Katrina was awesome and Ernest too! The banquet servers were friendly and the bartenders too! Everyone had a great time! Your patio is perfect and so special with the gorgeous Sandias in the background!
    Nicole Married on 09/15/2018
    Working with Lauren was a pleasure, she was professional and responsive. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful. Guests loved the food and enjoyed the landscapes of the sandia mountains.
    Nicole Married on 09/15/2018
    Our wedding was absolutely beautiful. Our guests loved the food and had a great time! The Sandia Mountain backdrop is breathtaking.
    Keith C. Married on 09/17/2019

Great wedding terrible loss

My son and his now wife married on 9-1-19. Service and setting awesome, had professional planner the one downer was the gift table was placed where no surveillance. All wedding gifts were stolen and Casino and planner took no responsibly. The kids are just out of luck. Consider this when planning.

The Event Center at Sandia Golf Club's reply:

Mr. Carpenter,
    I am writing in response to your review of the incident that took place at your son’s wedding. We are very sorry and deeply regret that something like this happened on such an important and special day.

As the vendor/ venue we have very little control over the actions of individuals during the event. We always advise that clients have a specific person, whether it be family, the wedding planner or a friend to take the card box once the reception has begun to ensure it is secure because it can be an easy target for theft.

I hope that even with the loss you and your family experienced the wedding overall was still very positive and that you had a wonderful evening. Sarah and Joel were such an incredible couple and your family was so wonderful, we truly enjoyed working with you all so much! I wish you all the very best.

Lauren