The English Garden Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

167 The English Garden Reviews
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/13/2018

The BEST vendor to work with, period.

Not even sure how I summarize everything about the English Garden other than quite frankly, they are amazing. They blew away any and all expectations we had - AND they're very affordable! Cyd worked with us for over a year and made every single one of our dreams come true and even things we'd never thought about that turned out AWESOME! She and her team are truly the best of the best! We had more compliments on our flowers and other scenery at our wedding that they did than we could possibly ever count. From start to finish Cyd and her team made our experience flawless and I can't recommend them enough. Seriously - do yourself a favor and call them today for your wedding or other occasion, you won't regret it one bit!

• L'Erin & Sha'Quitta

L'Erin & Sha'Quitta · Married on 07/27/2018

When we started planning our wedding we were adamant about not using a florist. While tuxedo shopping, I received a business card for the English Garden. I decided to stop by on my way home to see if they could make the boutonnieres for my guys. From the moment I walked into the shop everyone was awesome! The family-like atmosphere was very inviting, which caused us to eventually order more than we originally planned. Each time we visited, they remembered us by face, and showed an equal amount of excitement for our big day. They even held secrets that we tried to keep from one another. All in all, this was one of the best decisions we could have made. They delivered our items on time to our venue and even gifted us flower arrangements for both the bridal and grooms suites. We will definitely be using these guys again!

Sent on 11/06/2018
    The English Garden 1

The English Garden's reply:

Hi L'Erin and Sha'Quitta! I hope you don't feel like we are stalking you on social media, but every since we met you and learned of your amazing love story, we've been more than smitten! :) We loved being a part of your magical day and have loved as much getting to know the two of you during the planning process. We felt like the first time you walked in the studio that we were lifelong friends and we hope that is exactly what we remain! Drop by soon for a visit and if you happen to have wedding pics that would be a treat! Stay fabulous and wonderful! Sincerely, Cydney and the English Garden Team

alisa · Married on 06/30/2018

Can you say fabulous!!!??? Absolutely fabulous to work with for our son/daughter in laws wedding. Easy to meet, easy to talk to. Lacey was terrific with our newest daughter - who doesn't like decisions at all. The flowers were more than I had expected - the reception hall when we walked in was "breath taking". They did a fantastic job, and we were all out of town to handle this. Literally met with Lacey 2 times. The initial meeting with just myself - and a second meeting with our bride. She had it all down and followed through with the details. Couldn't ask for better. Thank you Lacey and English Garden!!!

Kristina · Married on 06/16/2018

Sidney & Lacy you are fantastic to work with. Thank you so much for coming through for my brides. I love how you took my vision and that of my brides and decorated my Hupa beyond our expectations. The flowers were so beautiful and smelled so good. I, the brides and guests loved & thank you for every Hupa you decorated. Highly recommended. Xoxoxo

Sent on 11/06/2018

The English Garden's reply:

Kristina! You are a delight! We know whenever we are partnering with you on a wedding that the process will be joyous and stressfree! It is wonderful to know that when one of our clients needs a flawlessly executed chuppah that you are our colleague and will treat her needs with the greatest attention to detail. We can't wait to work again together soon! Drop by for a visit when you can! Sincerely, Cydney and the EG Team

Ashley · Married on 11/12/2017

The florals were amazing!! And so much better than I even expected them to be. Wonderful job!

The English Garden 2
    The English Garden 3
    The English Garden 4

Beth Anne · Married on 10/21/2017

Our wedding flowers were absolutely beautiful. We received compliments all night on how gorgeous they were! The English Garden was easy to work with, professional, and very reasonably priced!

Kirsten · Married on 09/30/2017

The staff at English Garden was phenomenal to work with! I was on a pretty tight budget for flowers, and they were the only florist in the area that was happy to work with me to keep costs down. After just a few short meetings they completely got the look and feel of what we were going for, and everything turned out absolutely beautiful! I can't recommend them more.

Robin · Married on 06/24/2017

We worked with Lacey at The English Garden for our daughter's wedding last weekend and all I can say is spectacular. She was great to work with and the designers and florists there are top notch. Our centerpieces, bouquets and other floral arrangements were not to be believed.

G · Married on 06/17/2017

I just got married 2 weekends ago, and holy cow, they were amazing! I'm posting an email I sent to Cydney and the EG team! "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU a MILLION TIMES! Blanche, the wedding director at Duke Chapel, walked up to me as soon as I got there with my dress on Saturday and said you just wait until you see your bouquet, oh my goodness! and also told me that the flowers in the Chapel were MAGNIFICENT and the best ones she has seen yet, and that’s DEFINITELY saying something because she has run multiple weddings per day for the past decade or so! And then I saw the bouquets! OH. MY. GOD. They were UNREAL. just UNBELIEVABLY BEAUTIFUL and GORGEOUS and ELEGANT and SO PRETTY! I almost lost it just seeing the flowers! Megan told me how much time and effort it took to make that bouquet, and holy moly you guys did a fantastic job! That’s when I knew that my mom was probably smiling and was at ease and that we were both going to be wowed once we walk into Bay 7. And then we walked into Bay 7 and then that thought went out the window. IT WAS MORE THAN WOWED. I WAS SO TAKEN ABACK. I literally had to gasp for air and had to hold onto the railing to stop myself from falling over and crying because how amazing, gorgeous, fantastic, beautiful, elegant, colorful, just drop dead magnificent. And then my next thought was “please please please please have my mom love this pleaseeeeee” And the next thing I know, my mom is running to me to get my attention and was in tears, pointing at everything down below and saying how amazing everything was, the rectangular tables with a row of candles and flowers just COVERED every cubic centimeter, and the CENTERPIECE, she was definitely crying because of how beautiful all of them were” She literally could not stop talking from her excitement and I had to gently remind her to get it together for the guests :))))) She definitely broke down for the both of us! --to be continued on the next post--

G · Married on 06/17/2017

Continuing on from my previous post that got cut b/c of word limit:

"My mom kept grabbing me throughout the night and onto Sunday to make sure that I really REALLY email you and convey her heartfelt gratitude for making the flower decoration look SPECTACULAR and brilliant/radiant.

Cydney, thank you so much for pulling all of that off. It was literally a breathtaking moment and all the guests felt it too as I saw them walk into the venue, literally stop and drop their jaws.

I know how hard it was trying to communicate with me in Boston, my mom in Korea (let’s be real, she was the mastermind in all the decoration, so getting to understand her and her wants/desires for the decoration was one of the biggest challenges, ESPECIALLY with the language barrier), but you guys did an unbelievably amazing and show-stopping job! We so appreciate you and I could not have been fast enough in telling guests about you and how hard you worked to get my mom the very best and it was just above and beyond what my mom was imagining.

Thank you for making my mom happy. THANK YOU for letting me truly experience the word “breathtaking”. "

If you are getting married in NC, DEFINITELY go with Cydney and the English Garden team, they will go above and beyond to bring a dreamy wedding for you!

Sent on 06/27/2017

The English Garden's reply:

We saw a wedding picture from James today and it was gorgeous! The details of your day still take my breath away! It was so amazing being a part of your wedding celebration and getting to know you both and your families! Visit us when you are in Raleigh!
  • User6649016 · 1+ year ago

We loved working with English Garden for our wedding- as someone who knows nothing about flowers, I went into our first meeting using words like "pretty" and "pink" to describe what I wanted. Lacey put together a beautiful arrangement at our meeting with some examples and ideas, and later that week sent me arrangement examples that were EXACTLY what I was picturing. She also worked with us to stay in our budget, even with a large wedding party and family. She helped us repurpose our bridesmaid bouquets as table arrangements during the reception- a great, budget friendly idea that I never would have come up with. They also made the most beautiful bride's bouquet I have ever seen (and I, the bride, may or may not have cried when I saw it). Their arrangements are breathtaking, and their staff is incredible. I would highly recommend them for any wedding or event!

Danielle · Married on 04/28/2017

I am so glad that we chose to work with The English Garden. Every detail, from the bouquets to the table decorations to the ceremony decor, was beautifully arranged and created a gorgeous setting for our wedding!

Hannah · Married on 04/01/2017

Cydney, Lacey, and the EG staff really took my vision of a brunch wedding and made it come to life. Our daytime wedding was full of greenery, succulents, and beautiful flowers. We received so many compliments on our altar decor as well as the flowers and boutonnieres (which were succulents!). The staff were so wonderful to work as my mom and I went back and forth on what we wanted the front decoration to look like. Cydney would send us sketches and her notes and welcome feedback until it was perfect. I wasn't sure how much I cared about flowers in the beginning of planning, but it was worth it to have EG take my ideas and run with them. They were amazing and we would highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/03/2017

The English Garden's reply:

Hannah! We loved being part of your day! I think brunch weddings are the best! And that altar treatment is absolutely one of the prettiest we have done at All Saints (or anywhere). It's been great getting to know you and your mom. Please keep in touch (and keep posting those fun wedding pics!)

Shannon · Married on 03/25/2017

We used The English Garden for our wedding flowers and they did NOT disappoint! I went into my initial consultation without being exactly sure what flowers I wanted to use, but the ladies at the English Garden took what little guidance I could give and selected the most beautiful combination of flowers! We received so many compliments on how pretty the flowers were from the bouquets to the decorations and even the cake! All of the ladies I worked with were extremely helpful and didn't miss any details in getting ready for the big day. I would definitely recommend The English Garden to anybody else planning their wedding!

Jen · Married on 02/25/2017

Lacey and the team at The English Garden were AMAZING! I couldn't have asked for a better florist for our wedding. From my very first consultation, Lacey took my ideas and turned them into more than I could have ever imagined! I had met with a couple other florists and didn't really get that feel good feeling until I met with Lacey. She immediately made me feel at ease and I knew I could trust her. Our ceremony and reception venue provided lanterns and I knew I wanted to incorporate them as much as possible. When I walked into the venue that afternoon and saw all the arrangements, I was astonished! Everything was absolutely gorgeous. I highly recommend The English Garden to any bride looking for incredible bouquets and service! Thanks for making our wedding day so special!!

Rochelle · Married on 10/23/2016

To be honest, when I initially started planning my wedding, the flowers weren't a main priority. I didn't have a favorite flower or a must-have color scheme -- my only points of reference for the florals I had in mind were vague terms like "romantic," "soft and natural," and "lots of texture and greenery." Somehow, with just that to work off of, Lacey made my vision come to life. She immediately got what I was going for, despite my less than specific description. My bridal bouquet was everything I had dreamed of and then some -- our guests and vendors could not stop talking about it (and are still talking about it almost two weeks later!). Every single floral arrangement that Lacey and the rest of The English Garden team put together for my wedding day was stunning and even more swoon-worthy than anything I could've ever envisioned. And, as if it could get any better, Lacey was a true joy to be around and work with. I looked forward to each consultation we had and am honestly a bit sad that I won't be seeing her anymore now that the big day is over. She was sweet, easy going, patient, super accommodating, and just a really positive presence during the sometimes-hectic wedding planning process. As soon as I met her, I knew my wedding day was in the best of hands. I had a pretty limited budget for flowers going in, but Lacey was more than willing to work with me to make everything I wanted happen without breaking the bank. I met with several other florists before finding Lacey and The English Garden, but if I could do it all over again, they would hands down be the first vendor I book.

Sent on 11/01/2016

The English Garden's reply:

Rochelle, Thank you for this beautiful review and for entrusting us with flowers for your big day. We loved being part of your vendor team and working with the fun, creative group you selected. And your bridal bouquet may now be one of our all time favorites! Lacey, Irma, Pam and the rest of our EG team were truly honored to share in your day. Thank you for appreciating what incredible people they are! I am truly blessed to work with them. We know you're married now but that doesn't mean you can't stop by! Please keep in touch! Sincerely, Cydney

Jessica · Married on 10/15/2016

Cydney and Lacey were great to work with! They fully understood my vision and made it happen. I changed centerpiece design halfway through and they were totally flexible with any changes. My bouquet was beautiful and I loved that they made a small bouquet for my junior bridesmaid--it totally made her day. My day of coordinator said the English Garden team was a breeze to work with and they came back after the ceremony to help place the centerpieces during the room flip which was really helpful. Overall, the team is amazing and flowers were so beautiful!

Sent on 11/30/2016

The English Garden's reply:

Jessica, It was so special for us to be a part of your big day! You coordinated so many beautiful, unique details and being able to create flowers to complement those was a real treat for our team. LOVED the Junior Maid's bouquet! And of course yours! We look forward to keeping in touch and hope you will drop by and say hello soon! Sincerely, Cydney

Mindy · Married on 09/04/2016

Working with the English Garden to put together the flowers for my wedding day was a great experience! My consultation was quick, but they got exactly what I wanted. I do not know much about flowers and tried to avoid pinterest etc to give examples. We just talked and reviewed colors and the end result was gorgeous! They went above and beyond with my order. We were going to pick up the flowers on the wedding day, but without any issues they delivered them anyway. They were so kind and personable. I would highly recommend The English Garden for anyone looking for budget friendly amazing flowers accompanied by great service.

Jessi · Married on 08/27/2016

There is a reason there are 144 great reviews for the English Garden. I never even met the staff because I live out of state and contacted the English Garden over the phone. Responsiveness is unbelievable, she emailed me once while she was on vacation!! I filled out exactly what I wanted and the results exceeded my expectations! When I tell you my bridal bouquet was the prettiest bouquet I have ever seen.... it was stunning. The delivery guy showed up early and ran the air condition until the last second to keep the flowers fresh. The arbor flowers were amazing. Book Now, they are worth every penny.

Allison · Married on 07/16/2016

Make it easy for yourself and go with The English Garden for your wedding flowers! I met them at a wedding expo in Raleigh and spoke to them on the phone for my consultation. I spoke with Lacey and she listened to the vision I wanted to create and the colors I wanted to pop! My bouquetts were so stunning and the boutonnieres were simple and beautiful as well. I received so many compliments and they look GORGEOUS in my photos! Do it - you won't regret it!

Corrie · Married on 05/14/2016

Lacey and The English Garden team is AMAZING. I knew going into our wedding that flowers would be a big portion of our budget because I had my heart set on a few specific flowers that tend to be a bit more expensive. Not only did they deliver but they were truly stunning. When meeting, you get a general sense of the flowers and color pallet but you’re not sure if your vision is going to come together the way you have it in your head. One of the flowers I had my heart set on was on the verge of being out of season and Lacey and her team did everything they could to make sure I had a sentimental flower in my bouquet. This means more than words can express. If I need flowers for anything going forward, I know where my business will go.

Sarah · Married on 04/30/2016

My wedding was on April 30, 2016! English Garden was a dream come true! I met with Lacey a few times and told her I wanted bright spring flowers with a rustic glam theme! I gave them a few pictures and asked for their creative juices to flow! They did not disappoint! I saw my bouquet first and starting crying! It was absolutely breath taking! They set up all the flowers for the ceremony and reception! They basically decorated for me! It was a beautiful spring garden! It was a dream! I could not get over how awesome everything was! English Garden also came back at the end of the night and broke down the arrangements and delivered them to nursing homes the following day! I cannot describe how much I appreciate all they did for me! Fantastic! Thank you, English Garden!

Amy · Married on 03/12/2016

We loved our flowers from The English Garden. I gave little to no direction and the outcome was exactly what I wanted!! The flowers were so beautiful and were the perfect addition.

Kaitlin · Married on 01/16/2016

Cydney and the rest of the EG team have been nothing but helpful from the first day I worked with them. Full disclosure: I've been in the wedding industry for a number of years and the English Garden has always provided me with consistently gorgeous arrangements of all possible descriptions but nothing was more amazing than what they did for us on our wedding day. I can't say enough about the service and attention to detail from this company and I love that I can continue to work with them in the future. A lot of brides go the DIY route for their weddings when it comes to flowers and I understand how tempting that is but what these guys truly magical. I highly recommend including them on your big day!

Sent on 01/23/2016

The English Garden's reply:

Kaitlin! I don't know where to begin to tell you what it meant to our EG family to share in your big day with Sal and your families. We have loved collaborating with you on other events and weddings throughout the years but to be entrusted with your wedding flowers was a wonderful treat and a great honor. We can't wait to see all the pictures! Wishing you and Sal a lifetime of happiness together and hoping that our paths continue to cross professionally and personally for years to come! Sincerely, Cydney and the EG Team