The English Garden Florist of Raleigh Reviews

The English Garden Florist of Raleigh 7
  • Catherine

Catherine Woodall Bowman · Married on 10/05/2019

Beautiful Flowers!!

English Garden did such a wonderful job with my wedding! I loved that they worked within my budget and provided exactly the flowers that I needed and had envisioned! They set everything up and were so sweet and such a joy to work with! Also, my wedding bouquet is still alive and well a week after the wedding!

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • tenzweil@gmail.com

tenzweil@gmail.com · Married on 08/10/2019

B-E-A-utiful!

Beautiful art through flowers! Great experience. Cydney took the time to really understand my vision for the wedding day, the theme for the event and to get a feel for my preferences in flowers/greenery. I was the first to admit going in that I do not have good vision for art and decor so while I had a general idea of colors and flowers, I was very willing to turn over details to their creative geniuses and they did a fabulous job! Everything from the bouquet to the cocktail hour to the reception venue, was stunning. They have worked at my venue many times before and from what I saw in pictures, everything looked amazing every time. Cydney was great at ensuring all the details with the table layout and such was in order. Delivery of flowers to the church made it so easy for us! I was so confident that everything would turn out great and it exceeded my expectations!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Katie

Katie Magee · Married on 06/01/2019

A true fairytale!

Absolutely amazing experience! We chose The English Garden for our wedding and are so happy we did. The wedding party bouquets were stunning! The flower arrangements at the reception were so special and unique. The team made the entire wedding planning easy and fun for us, and the day was a breeze - flowers delivered, beautiful, and cleaned up.

Sent on 07/11/2019
  • Kelli

Kelli Smith-Biwer · Married on 05/19/2019

Creative and Lovely

The team at English Garden are super fun to work with! They tackled our "all green" vision with professionalism, enthusiasm, and passion. They truly respected our ideas and budget, while using their experience and expertise to make everything perfect for the wedding day.

This isn't worth dinging a star because it wasn't a big deal, but we did have a question about our flowers and didn't have a way to get a hold of them on the day-of our Sunday wedding. Just be sure to get a contact number from them, just in case!

Sent on 06/27/2019
    The English Garden Florist of Raleigh 8
    The English Garden Florist of Raleigh 9
    The English Garden Florist of Raleigh 10
  • Ami

Ami · Married on 05/17/2019

They brought my ideas to life!

Cydney, Venetia, and their team of Floral experts brought our whole wedding design together! They listened to my vision, kept me in budget, and went above and beyond on every detail and design for our flower arrangements! My guests raved about their work and I will always recommend to anyone who is in need of flowers to use their services for your event! Definitely worth it!

Sent on 06/29/2019
    The English Garden Florist of Raleigh 16
    The English Garden Florist of Raleigh 17

Savannah · Married on 05/05/2019

So beautiful

English garden was amazing to work with! They were timely, flexible, and provided me with my dream flowers! They designed a beautiful layout that went along with my vision and I could not have been happier with our flowers! They are an amazing team to work with and I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 07/14/2019
    The English Garden Florist of Raleigh 18
    The English Garden Florist of Raleigh 19

Ashley · Married on 05/04/2019

Beautiful flowers

EG did a fantastic job with the floral arrangements for our wedding. Everything was beautiful!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Joseph P · Married on 04/19/2019

Beautiful beyond compare!

Beautiful beyond compare. That's how I would summarize all of the floral arrangements we received from the English Garden for our wedding.

When we met with the English Garden to discuss what we wanted for floral decorations for our wedding, they were incredibly meticulous in asking us all the important questions needed to make sure we were all on the same page. They thought of everything, which was a great help for us as it made us think of things that we had previously overlooked. Everyone was extremely kind and knowledgeable, especially when making suggestions about the best arrangement styles, displays, flowers, and greenery that would work best with our table arrangements, venue size, budget, and overall theme and design that we were looking for. After showing them some photos of the color palette and style that we were looking for, they even made us a little sample vase on the spot! It was really helpful to see what we had envisioned and assured us that the final product would be absolutely perfect. And it was!

The proposal and quote they provided us was impeccably detailed. It noted every itemized cost for everything that we needed, such as number of boutonnieres, bouquets, flower girl basket, etc. It even included a full description of the color palette and flowers to be used for each item as well as images of the flowers and greenery that would be used in the bride's bouquet and throughout. It was really nice to know everything we were getting and to see that they had put in so much thought and effort. They were also incredibly accommodating in helping us make some adjustments to the proposal so that our wedding budget stayed on track.

All of the arrangements that we received on the day were absolutely gorgeous! The bridal bouquet was stunning and exactly what I was hoping for and more. All of the table arrangements, bridesmaid bouquets, and boutonnieres were also equally beautiful and wonderfully cohesive together. You could really see the time, energy, and passion they put in getting everything together and set up just right. The floral arrangements that the English Garden provided truly helped make our wedding a beautiful and wonderful event that we will never forget. Thank you so much EG Team!

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 03/23/2019

One of THE BEST Florists in town!

As a professional Wedding Planner, I have had the luxury of working with many florists during my career but when it was time for me to tie the knot, I knew I wanted Sydney and her team at English Garden to take care of all the flowers for my day. Flowers are one of my favorite design elements on a wedding day so I had pretty high expectations, the EG team did not disappoint. I showed them just a few pictures of what I was thinking and gave them the overall color scheme for my wedding. From there, I gave total creative freedom to EG and I am so glad I did! On my wedding day, I was floored with how beautiful the flowers were!!!! Sydney and her team went above and beyond adding special touches to the whole venue and their flowers balanced perfectly with the rest of my decor and the natural beauty of the venue I chose (Forest Hall at Chatham Mills - definitely check them out as well!!!) Everywhere I looked the day just got better and better and I don't know how many times I kept saying "This is MY version of perfect" because not only did English Garden follow my inspiration photos, but they personalized everything based on me and all the details I shared with them about my wedding day and created a one of a kind design that was literally better than I had dreamed of - AND they did it all while keeping in mind the budget we had discussed. Simply Ahhh-mazing!

Sent on 08/30/2019
    The English Garden Florist of Raleigh 27
    The English Garden Florist of Raleigh 28
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/13/2018

The BEST vendor to work with, period.

Not even sure how I summarize everything about the English Garden other than quite frankly, they are amazing. They blew away any and all expectations we had - AND they're very affordable! Cyd worked with us for over a year and made every single one of our dreams come true and even things we'd never thought about that turned out AWESOME! She and her team are truly the best of the best! We had more compliments on our flowers and other scenery at our wedding that they did than we could possibly ever count. From start to finish Cyd and her team made our experience flawless and I can't recommend them enough. Seriously - do yourself a favor and call them today for your wedding or other occasion, you won't regret it one bit!

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • L'Erin & Sha'Quitta

L'Erin & Sha'Quitta · Married on 07/27/2018

When we started planning our wedding we were adamant about not using a florist. While tuxedo shopping, I received a business card for the English Garden. I decided to stop by on my way home to see if they could make the boutonnieres for my guys. From the moment I walked into the shop everyone was awesome! The family-like atmosphere was very inviting, which caused us to eventually order more than we originally planned. Each time we visited, they remembered us by face, and showed an equal amount of excitement for our big day. They even held secrets that we tried to keep from one another. All in all, this was one of the best decisions we could have made. They delivered our items on time to our venue and even gifted us flower arrangements for both the bridal and grooms suites. We will definitely be using these guys again!

Sent on 08/06/2018
    The English Garden Florist of Raleigh 29

The English Garden Florist of Raleigh's reply:

Hi L'Erin and Sha'Quitta! I hope you don't feel like we are stalking you on social media, but every since we met you and learned of your amazing love story, we've been more than smitten! :) We loved being a part of your magical day and have loved as much getting to know the two of you during the planning process. We felt like the first time you walked in the studio that we were lifelong friends and we hope that is exactly what we remain! Drop by soon for a visit and if you happen to have wedding pics that would be a treat! Stay fabulous and wonderful!
    Cydney and the English Garden Team

alisa · Married on 06/30/2018

Can you say fabulous!!!??? Absolutely fabulous to work with for our son/daughter in laws wedding. Easy to meet, easy to talk to. Lacey was terrific with our newest daughter - who doesn't like decisions at all. The flowers were more than I had expected - the reception hall when we walked in was "breath taking". They did a fantastic job, and we were all out of town to handle this. Literally met with Lacey 2 times. The initial meeting with just myself - and a second meeting with our bride. She had it all down and followed through with the details. Couldn't ask for better. Thank you Lacey and English Garden!!!

Sent on 07/12/2018

Kristina · Married on 06/16/2018

Sidney & Lacy you are fantastic to work with. Thank you so much for coming through for my brides. I love how you took my vision and that of my brides and decorated my Hupa beyond our expectations. The flowers were so beautiful and smelled so good. I, the brides and guests loved & thank you for every Hupa you decorated. Highly recommended. Xoxoxo

Sent on 09/16/2015

The English Garden Florist of Raleigh's reply:

Kristina! You are a delight! We know whenever we are partnering with you on a wedding that the process will be joyous and stressfree! It is wonderful to know that when one of our clients needs a flawlessly executed chuppah that you are our colleague and will treat her needs with the greatest attention to detail. We can't wait to work again together soon! Drop by for a visit when you can!
    Cydney and the EG Team

Matt · Married on 06/16/2018

At first I was like "Damn, flowers are expensive" but then after seeing the flowers on our day I was like "DAMN THOSE ARE BEAUTIFUL!!" Lacey is the truth when it comes to wedding flowers, and while flowers might be expensive, weddings are freaking expensive so you might as well make sure you get the most bang for your buck: and that's what Lacey did. She did some amazing arrangements (teardrop bouquet for my beautiful bride, amazing Chuppah flowers, TIE DYE DENDROBIUM ORCHIDS!!) Honestly we gave her some ideas and she took our shades of blue theme and blew (pun) it out of the water. Our wedding certainly would have been a whole lot more ordinary without Lacey. She arrived early to set up, flowers were immaculate, and she even worked with us to keep our costs down by helping us freshen up some flowers we had used at the rehearsal dinner and were re-purposing. If I get married again I would certainly have Lacey do the flowers for that wedding as well!

P.S. if you are thinking of blues/purples check out tie dye dendrobium orchids and thank me later

Sent on 07/30/2018

Hi Matt and Ryan,
    I was calling it a night when the notification of your review popped up in my email. So of course I had to read it! And what a perfect way to end the day. Thank you so much for letting our English Garden team play a role in your big day. It was wonderful to play a part! You are right on, Lacey is the best! She brings such love and joy to her work and sincerely wants every bride and groom to have a beautiful and blissful walk down the aisle. Your wedding was so much fun for our design team. Dana, who made Ryan's bouquet, recently joined our team. When she was designing in Europe, she made teardrop/cascade bouquets more often so she was SO excited to have the chance to whip out her skills for Ryan's design. One of our favorite vendors, Allure Farms, promised us we would get the best tie dye orchids ever and they delivered for sure! We are so happy you liked them. Thank you again for this fabulous review! And thank you so much for appreciating the incredible talent, dedication and professionalism of Lacey and our English Garden team. Be sure to drop by with your wedding pictures!
    Cydney English and the EG Team

Ashley · Married on 11/12/2017

The florals were amazing!! And so much better than I even expected them to be. Wonderful job!

Sent on 11/28/2017
    The English Garden Florist of Raleigh 30
    The English Garden Florist of Raleigh 31
    The English Garden Florist of Raleigh 32

Beth Anne · Married on 10/21/2017

Our wedding flowers were absolutely beautiful. We received compliments all night on how gorgeous they were! The English Garden was easy to work with, professional, and very reasonably priced!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Kirsten · Married on 09/30/2017

The staff at English Garden was phenomenal to work with! I was on a pretty tight budget for flowers, and they were the only florist in the area that was happy to work with me to keep costs down. After just a few short meetings they completely got the look and feel of what we were going for, and everything turned out absolutely beautiful! I can't recommend them more.

Sent on 10/28/2017

Robin · Married on 06/24/2017

We worked with Lacey at The English Garden for our daughter's wedding last weekend and all I can say is spectacular. She was great to work with and the designers and florists there are top notch. Our centerpieces, bouquets and other floral arrangements were not to be believed.

Sent on 06/28/2017

G · Married on 06/17/2017

I just got married 2 weekends ago, and holy cow, they were amazing! I'm posting an email I sent to Cydney and the EG team! "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU a MILLION TIMES! Blanche, the wedding director at Duke Chapel, walked up to me as soon as I got there with my dress on Saturday and said you just wait until you see your bouquet, oh my goodness! and also told me that the flowers in the Chapel were MAGNIFICENT and the best ones she has seen yet, and that’s DEFINITELY saying something because she has run multiple weddings per day for the past decade or so! And then I saw the bouquets! OH. MY. GOD. They were UNREAL. just UNBELIEVABLY BEAUTIFUL and GORGEOUS and ELEGANT and SO PRETTY! I almost lost it just seeing the flowers! Megan told me how much time and effort it took to make that bouquet, and holy moly you guys did a fantastic job! That’s when I knew that my mom was probably smiling and was at ease and that we were both going to be wowed once we walk into Bay 7. And then we walked into Bay 7 and then that thought went out the window. IT WAS MORE THAN WOWED. I WAS SO TAKEN ABACK. I literally had to gasp for air and had to hold onto the railing to stop myself from falling over and crying because how amazing, gorgeous, fantastic, beautiful, elegant, colorful, just drop dead magnificent. And then my next thought was “please please please please have my mom love this pleaseeeeee” And the next thing I know, my mom is running to me to get my attention and was in tears, pointing at everything down below and saying how amazing everything was, the rectangular tables with a row of candles and flowers just COVERED every cubic centimeter, and the CENTERPIECE, she was definitely crying because of how beautiful all of them were” She literally could not stop talking from her excitement and I had to gently remind her to get it together for the guests :))))) She definitely broke down for the both of us! --to be continued on the next post--

Sent on 06/27/2017

G · Married on 06/17/2017

Continuing on from my previous post that got cut b/c of word limit:

"My mom kept grabbing me throughout the night and onto Sunday to make sure that I really REALLY email you and convey her heartfelt gratitude for making the flower decoration look SPECTACULAR and brilliant/radiant.

Cydney, thank you so much for pulling all of that off. It was literally a breathtaking moment and all the guests felt it too as I saw them walk into the venue, literally stop and drop their jaws.

I know how hard it was trying to communicate with me in Boston, my mom in Korea (let’s be real, she was the mastermind in all the decoration, so getting to understand her and her wants/desires for the decoration was one of the biggest challenges, ESPECIALLY with the language barrier), but you guys did an unbelievably amazing and show-stopping job! We so appreciate you and I could not have been fast enough in telling guests about you and how hard you worked to get my mom the very best and it was just above and beyond what my mom was imagining.

Thank you for making my mom happy. THANK YOU for letting me truly experience the word “breathtaking”. "

If you are getting married in NC, DEFINITELY go with Cydney and the English Garden team, they will go above and beyond to bring a dreamy wedding for you!

Sent on 06/27/2017

The English Garden Florist of Raleigh's reply:

We saw a wedding picture from James today and it was gorgeous! The details of your day still take my breath away! It was so amazing being a part of your wedding celebration and getting to know you both and your families! Visit us when you are in Raleigh!

We loved working with English Garden for our wedding- as someone who knows nothing about flowers, I went into our first meeting using words like "pretty" and "pink" to describe what I wanted. Lacey put together a beautiful arrangement at our meeting with some examples and ideas, and later that week sent me arrangement examples that were EXACTLY what I was picturing. She also worked with us to stay in our budget, even with a large wedding party and family. She helped us repurpose our bridesmaid bouquets as table arrangements during the reception- a great, budget friendly idea that I never would have come up with. They also made the most beautiful bride's bouquet I have ever seen (and I, the bride, may or may not have cried when I saw it). Their arrangements are breathtaking, and their staff is incredible. I would highly recommend them for any wedding or event!

Sent on 01/30/2018

Danielle · Married on 04/28/2017

I am so glad that we chose to work with The English Garden. Every detail, from the bouquets to the table decorations to the ceremony decor, was beautifully arranged and created a gorgeous setting for our wedding!

Sent on 05/21/2017

Hannah · Married on 04/01/2017

Cydney, Lacey, and the EG staff really took my vision of a brunch wedding and made it come to life. Our daytime wedding was full of greenery, succulents, and beautiful flowers. We received so many compliments on our altar decor as well as the flowers and boutonnieres (which were succulents!). The staff were so wonderful to work as my mom and I went back and forth on what we wanted the front decoration to look like. Cydney would send us sketches and her notes and welcome feedback until it was perfect. I wasn't sure how much I cared about flowers in the beginning of planning, but it was worth it to have EG take my ideas and run with them. They were amazing and we would highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/03/2017

The English Garden Florist of Raleigh's reply:

Hannah! We loved being part of your day! I think brunch weddings are the best! And that altar treatment is absolutely one of the prettiest we have done at All Saints (or anywhere). It's been great getting to know you and your mom. Please keep in touch (and keep posting those fun wedding pics!)

Shannon · Married on 03/25/2017

We used The English Garden for our wedding flowers and they did NOT disappoint! I went into my initial consultation without being exactly sure what flowers I wanted to use, but the ladies at the English Garden took what little guidance I could give and selected the most beautiful combination of flowers! We received so many compliments on how pretty the flowers were from the bouquets to the decorations and even the cake! All of the ladies I worked with were extremely helpful and didn't miss any details in getting ready for the big day. I would definitely recommend The English Garden to anybody else planning their wedding!

Sent on 04/20/2017

Jen · Married on 02/25/2017

Lacey and the team at The English Garden were AMAZING! I couldn't have asked for a better florist for our wedding. From my very first consultation, Lacey took my ideas and turned them into more than I could have ever imagined! I had met with a couple other florists and didn't really get that feel good feeling until I met with Lacey. She immediately made me feel at ease and I knew I could trust her. Our ceremony and reception venue provided lanterns and I knew I wanted to incorporate them as much as possible. When I walked into the venue that afternoon and saw all the arrangements, I was astonished! Everything was absolutely gorgeous. I highly recommend The English Garden to any bride looking for incredible bouquets and service! Thanks for making our wedding day so special!!

Sent on 03/11/2017