The Engineers Club Reviews

The Engineers Club 6
The Engineers Club 7

Jeremy Prince · Married on 10/12/2019

Perfect Venue for a Memorable Night

The Engineers Club was the perfect venue for us. Asha was a pleasure to work with, she was so flexible and helped guide us through the entire planning process. Some small but nice things about the venue are that we were able to drop items off the night before and we got ready at the venue the morning of the wedding both of which made logistics easier for everyone. The food at the Enginers Club was delicious, you definitely need to have the crabcakes on your menu. It is an amazing venue with countless beautiful spaces to use. All the employees we interacted with were so nice and caring and made our event even more memorable. If we were to start the process all over again, we wouldn't even look anywhere else.

Sent on 10/13/2019

Lauren · Married on 09/14/2019

Best of the best

The Engineer's Club at the Garrett Jacobs Mansion is quite simply the best of the best. The venue is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. But a lovely venue does not make a great wedding. A great wedding is completely dependent on the dedication and hard work of an entire team of people, many of whom you never see. The Engineer's Club has it all. From the bartenders, to the servers, the porters, the chef, the kitchen staff, and the truly amazing Asha, every single person brings their 'A' game. All of the food was amazing – truly beyond our expectations. We also loved that they have an awesome bridal suite with hair and makeup stations and a groom’s suite with a TV and pool table so we could all get ready onsite. It really made everything so much easier and stress-free. We so appreciated that Asha and her team were flexible and accommodating with every request we made. We wanted specific wines, she said yes. We had specific requests for lunch, she said yes and made sure everything was beautifully presented. We wanted to extend the reception until late, they said yes, and then stayed until the early hours of the morning making sure everything we had brought was organized and cleaned up for us to pick up on Sunday morning. We simply can’t say enough good things about our experience at the Engineers Club. We would do it again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 09/30/2019

Renee Kuhn · Married on 06/08/2019

Absolutely amazing!!

In retrospect, I can’t imagine a more amazingly perfect wedding day experience!! EVERYTHING flowed seamlessly and appeared effortless. This is due entirely to Asha and her fantastic staff who treated us like their extended family. Because of them, I was able to truly relax and enjoy the entire day and evening as the MOB. The venue itself is exquisite and it was wonderful to have the entire mansion to ourselves from early morning til the very end of the evening Definitely not a wedding factory where you are herded in and out with only 1 1/2 hrs before your ceremony. I would HIGHLY recommend The Engineers Club to anyone desiring a truly elegant romantic venue

Sent on 06/10/2019
    The Engineers Club 8
    The Engineers Club 9
    The Engineers Club 10

Rachel · Married on 11/17/2018

Beautiful venue

What. A. Venue. One of our guests commented that it looked like they went to a wedding at Versailles. The Engineers Club was absolutely beautiful and the location was perfect for our out-of-town guests who were able to walk less than a block to their hotels. It was great having access to the venue the whole day to get ready. Asha and the rest of the staff were easy to work with and accommodating of our requests as well.

Sent on 01/14/2019

Erin · Married on 11/10/2018

Extraordinary all around

The venue is so stunning on first glance it is hard not to fall in love. So much space, so gorgeous with an old world glamours feel. A million different options for photos and arrangements of events. So you think cannot get much better... then it does. At the tasting I wasn't expecting much since the venue is so beautiful you do not need great food. Was blown away because every hors d'oeuvres was phenomenal. Then the mains. Heavenly. Oh and by choosing the venue you become members in the club, so can attending great events (orchestra, teas, dance classes) and incredible brunch. Really get a great feel of the space prior to the big event so it feels more comfortable day of. Then there is the wonderful advantage that you get the whole building for the day. No set times to be in or out. Showed up at 9 am, got hair and makeup there, had lunch, really felt at ease and got to enjoy the whole day. To top it all off the staff was so wonderful. Had to thank each of them individually because they worked their butts off, but also were fun, sweet people. Those bartenders were fabulous and the event coordinator, Asha, was so amazing I think I am actually going to miss her. Could not be happier myself, but had countless compliments from guests. Not a single regret.

Sent on 11/18/2018
  • Nini

Nini · Married on 10/12/2018

Best Venue in Baltimore

The engineers club was such a beautiful venue for our wedding.
    The space is just gorgeous, and it offers so many possibilities for a wedding! You get the entire space for yourself, with all of its history and beauty!
    But the Engineers club is more than just a beautiful venue. The food served for the wedding was amazing, they have the best crab cakes and I still dream about the lamb!
    Last but not least, the staff was super helpful, always available, and going the extra mile to satisfy our guests!
    I also wanted to say thank you to Asha, who was always available to answer our (numerous) questions, and who basically planned our wedding for us! She was a great resource for vendors and ideas, and was also present all day and evening to coordinate the event. We would not have been able to have such a wonderful day without Asha!

Sent on 11/27/2018
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 09/01/2018

Its been about a week since my wedding and the one piece of feedback I keep hearing from guests is how much they ADORED the venue and the venue staff. Not only is Asha the queen of event planning, but Ms. T and all of the Club staff members assisted in giving me and my guests the best possible experience we could have possibly hoped for. They were responsive, accommodating, kind, helpful and always 2 steps ahead of me!! Every single staff member that worked at my wedding deserves an employee of the month award - I've seriously never seen anything like how hard they all worked for us. Our entire wedding went off so smoothly without anything going wrong - that's seriously unheard of, and I credit that entirely to the expertise of the staff at this venue. I can't thank them enough for the beautiful day they gave us!

Sent on 09/10/2018
    The Engineers Club 11
    The Engineers Club 12
    The Engineers Club 13
    The Engineers Club 14
    The Engineers Club 15

Alana · Married on 12/02/2017

The Engineer’s Club at the Garret-Jacobs Mansion is the most elegant of wedding venues with a phenomenal staff. Asha Hislop is the wedding coordinator for the venue, and she is a superstar. Asha and her staff took care of every little detail the day of the wedding, including bustling my dress after the ceremony ☺ We had the entire mansion to ourselves the day of the wedding, with the bridal party getting ready in a suite upstairs and the grooms’ party getting ready in a downstairs suite. Our family and friends are still raving about the food and drinks (we served the Chicken Oscar and the New York Strip Teryaki), and how friendly and helpful the staff were. The Club was so gorgeously decorated for our December wedding, that my Facebook feed is filled with guests taking family photos all over the venue. We all felt like we stepped write into an F. Scott Fitzgerald novel- thank you for a glamorous and absolutely magical wedding day!

Sent on 12/30/2017

Susan · Married on 11/04/2017

From an e-mail I sent to the executive director of the Engineers Club:
    My daughter got married at The Engineers Club two nights ago, on November 13th. I feel compelled to write to you, to let you know what a pleasure it was to work with Asha Hislop. From the moment we met her when we were exploring our venue options, to the night of the wedding, Asha was instrumental in the success of the entire process. Asha was there, by e-mail and phone, every step of the way, patiently answering questions and offering advice and suggestions. Her knowledge and experience touched every aspect of our event, and we were all the better for it.
    I cannot thank her enough. You are very fortunate to have someone like Asha on your staff.
    Gratefully and sincerely,
    Dr. Susan Albert (mother of the bride)
    To this website, let me add that the mansion is a gorgeous venue. We had 140 guests, and we used all the rooms for different parts of our wedding. If you want a very special place, take the time to look at this venue.

Sent on 11/15/2010

Amanda · Married on 07/29/2017

The most spectacular venue! The Engineers Club was the perfect venue to host our wedding reception (180 guests). The beauty and charm of the mansion is one of a kind. Every single room is so unique and breathtaking. Not to mention the staff is truly extraordinary! Working with the staff at The Engineers Club (especially Asha) was a joy! They went above and beyond to make our wedding reception the most joyous and beautiful event! Working with a staff that is as kind, friendly, accommodating and welcoming as the staff at The Engineers Club made our wedding that much more special. Also, the food is out of this world! Every hors d'oeuvre and dinner dish that was served at the wedding got rave reviews from every single one of our guests!! Also, my husband and I added on a brunch the next morning for all of our guests at The Engineers Club. The brunch was just as amazing as our reception the night before! My husband and I cannot express how fantastic The Engineers Club is!

Sent on 07/28/2018

Emily · Married on 03/04/2017

This venue is seriously gorgeous - all of my guests were in awe as soon as they walked in the door, as were we! Everything about this place is fantastic - the food, decor, service, you name it. Asha was super helpful throughout the whole process and knew what needed to be done before I did.

Sent on 03/14/2017

Casey · Married on 09/24/2016

Absolutely beautiful venue; warm, friendly, and professional staff; just a dream of a place to get married! Asha was a pleasure to work with. The food was amazing – from appetizers to dinner. We could not have imagined a more special place to get married than the Engineers Club.

Sent on 11/10/2016

Lois · Married on 08/21/2016

The name is unassuming, but the venue is extraordinary! The Garrett-Jacobs Mansion of the Engineers Club is a perfectly preserved 19th century elegant and romantic setting for a wedding. The mansion even has a fully enclosed "garden" with a skylight ceiling if you want an outdoor wedding, but don't want to take a chance on the weather. The event coordinator (Asha) is amazing and she organized many, many details to make our daughter's dream wedding come true! The food was outstanding. This is the best wedding venue in Baltimore.

Sent on 08/30/2016

Nikki · Married on 06/18/2016

I cannot say enough amazing things about Asha and my wedding at the Engineers Club. Sososo many people told me it was the nicest wedding they had ever been to. Asha made my day extremely smooth and amazing. I did not need a wedding planner because I had her - and she just made everything beyond what I could have hoped for. There were surprises everywhere and it turned out gorgeous. I wouldn't hesitate to book this venue!!!

Sent on 06/23/2016

We could not have been happier with our experience at the Engineers Club. The event coordinator, Asha, was helpful throughout the planning process, working with us on a budget that felt comfortable to us, suggesting options but never imposing her own tastes. It helped that she already knew all of our vendors from past weddings and could coordinate directly with them when necessary. When we had guests with specific needs that popped up the weeks before and the night of the wedding, she and her staff were really attentive. On the day of the wedding, everything moved seamlessly. Asha was professional and responsive while maintaining that cheery, upbeat demeanor that won us over on our initial visit to the space. (So long as you have her, there is no need to hire a separate wedding planner.)

Speaking of the space, it's beautiful and gives you a lot of options, especially for a winter wedding (ours was in January). We used the atrium for an afternoon ceremony and the after-dinner dancing. We used the ballroom for dinner. Many of the rooms look like they could be scenes from Dowton Abbey, and the setting (ex: a fire place, a spiral stair case, a study) adds a classical look to the photos without the need for extra decoration. We also liked that the wedding party could arrive early in the day and get ready on site. Lastly, I'll mention the food. Our guests raved about the crab cakes, the lamb chops and the carving stations, though I have say, what was most remarkable was the consistency in quality. Everything was delicious.

We really can't say enough good things about Asha or the Engineers Club and feel confident giving our stamp of approval for anyone else considering this venue.

Sent on 04/02/2016

Brittany · Married on 01/09/2016

Our wedding was more than we could have ever dreamed of thanks to Asha & her team! I had seen MANY venues before stumbling across the Engineer's Club- it is truly a hidden gem. Pictures don't do justice to how elegant and beautiful it is- there is not one detail left untouched!

My husband and I got married during winter (not our 1st choice, but the only time our crazy grad school schedules worked out), so we had a brunch wedding to create a more airy, light feel. We had brunch in the atrium and it was gorgeous! We felt like we were eating in an elegant European garden with the high glass ceilings, beautiful plants, and natural light. The food was truly that of a 5-star restaurant. The service was exceptional and my husband (& all our guests) felt like we were royalty. The staff was so friendly, and really went out of their way to make sure we did not lift a finger the entire weekend. They also had so many thoughtful touches such as champagne, juices, etc. ready for us when we were getting ready in the beautiful bridal suite that morning!

Asha, the wedding coordinator, was phenomenal to work with. She was dedicated to tailoring everything to our wishes- and accommodated all of our requests as far as fine-tuning the menu, adding our own touches to the reception, letting us bring in any decorations we wanted, etc. I could go on forever about Asha but she had so many great recommendations and tips, knew the flow of events very well and kept us on schedule, & worked diligently behind the scenes to make sure everything went smoothly (ex: moving the bridesmaid bouquets around for decoration depending on where we were in the reception, or making sure I had my shawl when we did our final exit into the limo). We didn't even have a wedding planner or day-of-coordinator, and while at first we were alittle nervous about this, Asha truly did it all. All of our friends are still, months later, raving about how high-class and beautiful the wedding was. Thank you, Asha!!

Sent on 03/31/2016

This was the perfect venue for my wedding! The space is gorgeous, the food was delicious, and all the guests raved about everything. The evening was magical, and Asha, the coordinator, was amazing! She not only gave great ideas and advice, but also helped with the rehearsal and was fully prepared with a steamer, pins for my dress, etc to get ready. Her expertise was invaluable! The bride and groom suites were also fantastic and a perfect place to get ready. I would highly recommend the Engineers Club to anyone!

Sent on 09/07/2015

EXCELLENT in everyway. From it's old world charm to the professional staff our guests went home raving. William Delanoy helped me bring my vision to life and I look forward to future events at the Engineers Club!

Sent on 02/13/2015

Ashley · Married on 11/08/2014

Just like the reviews before mine say, The Engineers Club @ the Garrett-Jacobs mansion is an absolutely beautiful building. From the first time I walked in there to see what the place looked like in person, I knew that is was the place I was going to get married in. Pictures do help, but when you walk in for the first time, you are kind of taken back by the beauty of this historic mansion. And every room is unique and more beautiful than the next. I had my ceremony and reception at the EC, and both turned out better than I could imagine. The cost to have the EC for your wedding is pricey, however, it was worth every penny. You pay a flat fee for the venue, and what that gets you is a year long membership to this private club. That entitles you to go to any event that they host, lunches, dinner, and brunches. (These do cost a price per person if you choose to go to any of the things I listed) The EC has their own catering in-house. They have multiple food and beverage packages for you to choose from.

Our guests were amazed by this place, just as my husband and I were when we first visited the EC, and we received so many compliments on the venue, food, staff, and the flow of the evening. The quality of service is exceptional. Asha Hislop was our point of contact/event coordinator at the EC, and she exceeded mine, my husbands and my parents expectations. She is a wonderful person to work with. Responsive, professional, flexible, kind and helpful and just a few words to describe her work ethics. Any time we needed anything, or had a question, she would get to us a timely manner. I could go on and on about her, but I only have so much time. :) She is just amazing! And not to forget some of the other staff that myself, my husband and my parents dealt with at the EC, such as Ty, Deon, and many of the other managers and wait and bar staff. They are all so pleasant to work with. If I could give more stars, I would!

Sent on 12/03/2014

Working with Asha at the Engineer's Club over the last year has been so easy and when everything came together so magnificently, I knew it was largely because of her and the most beautiful venue of all times. She guided me through a daunting task, referred me to some of the most wonderful vendors, and when I saw everything in its place the night of my daughter's wedding, perfect, magical, and enchanting were the three words that came to mind.

I remember like it was yesterday coming to the Engineer’s Club late last year and I could barely walk the circular staircase to see the bridal suite where all the women would get ready, or the downstairs where the guys would spend time together, watching sports, playing pool, and bonding before the ceremony, but I didn’t want to miss anything. I had very recently been discharged from the hospital after an organ transplant surgery and I wanted to book a venue as early as possible after our daughter and son-in-law got engaged, because I wasn’t 100% confident that I would still be alive for their wedding, and wanted it to be perfect. I knew then, that if I didn’t survive, Asha's qualifications and expertise and the beauty of the meticulously kept historical venue would make it a spectacular evening. Asha was always patient, responsive, flexible, and happy to help. All the staff at the mansion were wonderful to work with and couldn't be more polite and accommodating.

Sent on 11/15/2014

Brigitte · Married on 09/13/2014

In addition to being a unique and beautiful venue, the Engineers Club was expert at coordinating all aspects of my wedding. We had our ceremony and reception there, and it was a complicated schedule with three different bands, acrobats and other performers. The staff at the Club was extremely well organized and kept everything running perfectly on time. Guests raved about how good the food was and how nicely the evening flowed. They could not have done a better job, we are so happy that we had our wedding at the Engineers Club.

Sent on 09/25/2014

Sarah · Married on 08/30/2014

My husband and I got married here this past month and we were blown away by how everything turned out. The mansion was built in the 1800s and is out of this world. We didn't have to go overboard on decorations, because the venue itself was enough to wow our guests (think traditional elegance). The club sits directly on Mt Vernon park, which is arguably the most beautiful spot in the city. We had free reign of the club on our wedding day, and we made use of it all- the 2nd floor bridal suite- we moved guests from one room to the next as our ceremony, cocktail hour, & reception progressed. We decided to do a brunch wedding to cut down on costs, with the addition of hors d'oeuvres, a salmon entree and crepe station. A lot of our guests raved about the food, but they were even more impressed with the beauty of the venue. It truly felt magical, and we could not have picked a better place to celebrate our marriage. Asha Hislop was our coordinator, and she was right there with us the whole year while we were planning... remembering all of our little requests and making sure none of the details were overlooked. Asha is a true asset to the club. They were extremely accommodating, and even extended our wedding an extra hour with no additional charge (4 hours total), and served drinks to our guests as they arrived before the ceremony. We had a friend sponsor us from the club, so we didn't have to pay an extra fees to book or join (although we would love to become members one day). We felt the overall bottom line price was very reasonable, which allowed us to spend in other areas. Bloody Marys and Mimosas were included in the per person brunch price, and for the rest we did an open bar per consumption (which totally worked for our daytime affair of about 130 people). Our wedding was like a dream come true, and I couldn't be more impressed with the Engineers Club and their entire staff.

Sent on 09/22/2014

Kristen · Married on 05/31/2014

We just had our wedding here, what I can I say, the venue is so attractive & ornate, that we did not have to spend too much on flowers & decorations. We had the cocktail hour in the drawing room, dinner in ballroom, and dancing under the stars in the atrium so you didn’t have to worry about weather, but it was still like you were in a European courtyard! The whole mansion is extremely spacious, you do not have to worry like many other mansions about guests being in different rooms & not being able to see or hear what is going on. Everyone can fit into each room utilized! Also, there is an upstairs and downstairs that we had access to the whole day!!!! From 8am to 9pm when we left!. The upstairs bridal party suite was just renovated and all the girls could dress & relax in the morning. It was very spacious, with mirrors & the lighting was great for getting ready. Downstairs was where the groom's party could hang out with a bar & a pool table. We did not have to worry about another wedding & we had personalized service all day. The people there are extremely helpful & available. Asha was our coordinator and I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone. There were so many little personal details that she incorporated and allowed for us, which at other venues are an additional cost for everything little thing! They also had so many items, such as bird cage for holding cards, vases, mirror centerpieces, etc. we could borrow to keep down wedding costs. The Club is definitely worth the price for such tailored, detailed service for your special day. For example, I wanted an old bay aioli with our crabcakes, & horseradish to be served with the NY strips, & it was not a problem at all. This leads me to the food. The quality & selection of the food is excellent. We actually utilized the club membership for the year before we were married & attend many events such as crab feasts & Sunday brunches. I miss the food and events so much! I would highly recommend this venue to everyone!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Heather · Married on 12/21/2013

We just had our wedding at the club this weekend and it exceeded expectations. We threw a big holiday party that we happened to get married at and Asha and all the staff were amazing! The club is gorgeous with character you won't find anywhere else and then there was the food which was great! We did cocktail style reception, the food was constantly replenished and great value for the price (people are still talking about the crab dip days later). All came together for a night that just blew us away and we likely to join the club itself.

Sent on 12/25/2013

B · Married on 08/10/2013

We loved this venue. We had the dinner in the atrium, it was like we were outside in a European courtyard, without the heat (an August wedding). The reception was in the ballroom, very spacious. The ceremony was in the front room, which has a large window that brought a lot of light into the room. There are several other rooms on the first floor that we used, one for the dessert bufffet and candy bar, another for the bridal party to relax after the ceremony, before the party. Also, there is an upstairs and downstairs that we had access. The upstairs was where the bridal party could dress and relax. It was very spacious, with mirrors and the lighting was great for getting ready. Also, a separate room for food setup. Downstairs was where the groom's party could hang out. There was a bar and a pool table. We had the entire place for the whole day for an evening wedding. We did not have to worry about another party. The venue is so attractive, that we did not have to spend too much on flowers and decorations. The people there are very helpful and available. I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 12/10/2013