The Empress Tea Room with Divine Menus Catering Reviews

23 | Tampa, FL

23 Reviews for The Empress Tea Room with Divine Menus Catering

• Hannah

Hannah · Married on 09/27/2014

Kelsea and Kim are so great! They made my wedding wonderful, and at a great value!

Sent on 06/27/2014

Taylor · Married on 06/15/2014

They not only provided a great atmosphere and setting for the ceremony but switched it around to provide a beautiful reception! The food was fantastic and the service was great!

Sent on 06/24/2014
  • User4309390 · event on 05/10/2014

We always have a great time at Empress Tea Room! The staff is very friendly, the venue has an inviting atmosphere, and the teas and food are delicious! Whether you go with a couple of friends, or have a larger event (we had 20 mother/daughter pairs), Empress Tea Room is a great choice!

Sent on 08/08/2014

Candy · event on 05/09/2014

We had our Teachers Appreciation Luncheon catered by Divine Menus Catering and it was a Huge Success! The teachers loved the menu and the food was fantastic!! Kim was able to turn a tacky outdated Public School Media Center into a beautiful decadent tea room with salads, sandwiches and tea. I would recommend this caterer to any one who is looking for a fun time with lots of wonderful food.

Nancy · Married on 03/31/2014

Kim Nauman and her team made our wedding a delicious and elegant memory. Beautiful display of fine foods!

Paula · event on 02/23/2014

I was very happy with The Empress Tea Room before, during and after my niece's shower. I worked with Kim on planning the menu and reviewing the agenda for the day. She has a good balance of professionalism and personality and was very easy to work with. Everything ran smoothly during our time in the Tea Room. The food and service were spectacular. The overall ambiance of the venue was perfect for our needs. I will definitely use The Empress Tea Room again and highly recommend it to others.

Sent on 07/23/2014

Sherry · event on 01/29/2014

The most delicious lunch!! Warm and friendly staff and owners! Beautifully decorated! Love it there!

Sent on 10/06/2015

Cathy · event on 01/15/2014

Food and service excellent! Beautiful and warm atmosphere!! Highly recommend for any event that you have to host.

Sent on 08/14/2014

Sandra · event on 12/15/2013

the owner the employees the food all fabulous

Ashley · event on 10/16/2013

This venue was the perfect size and atmosphere for my mom's 60th surprise party. The food was delicious, the staff was nice and everyone commented on how they had a great time. :)

Sent on 07/15/2014

Katie · Married on 04/20/2013

All of the staff was amazing! Very professional and wonderfully easy to work with! No stress at all and I never worried for a moment about the food because it's delicious. They even packed up the left overs for us to take on our honeymoon. I will order from them many many times!

Rita · event on 03/24/2013

The Empress Tearoom was the perfect place for my daughter's baby shower. The staff were all so helpful, and the atmosphere was fun and beautiful. In fact, we had her Bridal Shower four years before at their previous location. Also had a wonderful time. Food was delicious both times, and the staff made us feel like old friends. Have your event here, and you will be very pleased!

Brenda · event on 06/24/2012

I had my wedding & baby shower at The Empress Tea Room...with both showers they did a fantasic job! The food was delishes & the decor was fabulous!! Everything was just perfect!!

Sent on 08/13/2012

Meloneese · event on 06/03/2012

It's very easy for me to give Empress tea room a 5 star rating, the people are amazing, the tea room is beautiful and feels very authentic. My baby shower was sweet and intimate, the food and tea options were delicious and my guest really enjoyed the shower and several friends have subsequently had events there as a result. I also have to add that the central location also makes it a great choice.

Sent on 07/25/2014

Katie · event on 05/19/2012

This is the prefect venue for a bridal shower, beautifully decorated and wonderful food. Has something for everyone, even the guys! My best friend loved it and we have wonderful memories from hosting the event at the tea house!

Brenda · Married on 03/19/2010

Everything was FABULOUS! Divine menus did an amazing job! The food looked and tasted divine ;) they were on time & made our wedding just perfect! We reccommend them highly!!

Sent on 08/13/2012

Robin · event on 01/04/2010

This is one of the best catering services is tampa. We used her for over 2 years. Always proffesional..excellent food..made each and every event wonderful...would recommend them for any type of event. Can do any type of menu.

Mary · event on 01/25/2004

Fresh salad and tender chicken. All items served were filled with delicious flavor. The servers were attentive and accommodating to our guests.

Sent on 07/23/2014

Jennifer · event on 12/16/2013

I host a annual A Tea Party for a Princess event once a year. I could not ask for a better place, for my little princesses!!!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Norma · event on 04/09/2014

The tea room has a lovely atmosphere for most venues. The staff is very accomodating and willing to work with you in planning your event.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Chelsea · Married on 10/23/2016

3.6
      2.5
      2.5
      3.0

First, let me say that her prices are excellent. Her food at the tasting was amazing. She was accommodating.

But once we paid the deposit, we had a lot of trouble getting in touch with her. At one point we couldn't get a response from her for 3 or 4 months, even after several emails and phone calls....and all I needed to know was what the vegetarian dish was going to be so we could mail our invitations.

Some other minor trouble throughout the process included: she repeatedly said incorrect venue, the final invoice was incorrect (it happens, and she corrected it). Tea and coffee was listed as included but several guests complained that when they requested it it was not available. Many of the steaks were (very) rare rather than medium, including my husband's (most of which he could not eat). We ordered candied ginger butter on our sweet potatoes but it didn't appear to have been provided. I will say, though, that the guests all RAVED about the salads. And the servers were quite good.

The worst part, though, came from one of her "helpers". At the end of the night, we were getting ready to leave and we were so happy. I was saying goodbye to friends and the helper came over to congratulate me....or so I thought. She proceeds to tell me that she has something "on her heart" that she must tell me. She then tells me that she knows my mother is suffering (my mother is on oxygen and in a wheelchair) but not to worry because "very soon" my mother "will be at peace". I was completely stunned and tried to gracefully leave the conversation, but it made me very, very upset and angry. This was also the last memory I had of my wedding night before leaving. The caterer was made aware of the situation, yet never reached out to apologize.

Aside from the helper, overall, we feel we got what we paid for. We were on a tight budget and her food was priced well. We were happy to be able to afford a sit-down meal for the guests, rather than just appetizers and cake.

Sent on 11/17/2016

Jay Marie · Married on 02/28/2019

Refused service

This establishment has REFUSED wedding service to a same-sex couple. In the same sentence, they then said the couple was free to come back later for food and refreshments. They allowed the couple to go through the entire process before telling them at the end that they weren't welcome. DISGUSTING.

Sent on 02/27/2019

Not Happening · Married on 01/01/2019

Homophobic Establishment

If you're a hetero sexual couple who is fine with establishments who discriminate against same sex couples than you'll love it here. Otherwise avoid this place at all costs, in 2019 they have no problem telling a gay couple they won't have anything to do with them simply because of their orientation

Sent on 03/02/2019