The Empress Estate Reviews

The Empress Estate 6
The Empress Estate 7

Megan Banker · Getting married on 12/12/2020

Great Venue with Responsive Staff

The Empress Estate is a beautiful venue. We toured the facilities in March 2019 for our December 2020 wedding. Ultimately, we decided on a venue closer to Portland but agreed that the space is wonderful and the staff is top notch. Definitely tour this place and consider it for your wedding. We both agreed it would be PERFECT for an outdoor space, though the new lodge indoor space is also gorgeous.

Sent on 04/05/2019

The Empress Estate's reply:

Thank you so much for your amazing recommendation! We appreciate you so much and hope your wedding is phenomenal!
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 06/22/2019

On-staff Coordinators

One of the primary reasons we chose this venue is that it is practically all inclusive. The wedding coordinators that they have on staff have been super helpful and very responsive! The grounds are absolutely stunning and we are so excited to be getting married here.

Sent on 01/07/2019

The Empress Estate's reply:

Thank you Brianna! June is fast approaching!!

We cannot wait for your big day!!!
  • Clint

Clint Perry · Married on 04/06/2019

Awesome wedding

Great venue for my daughter's wedding. Nicole was the absolute best coordinator. Great wedding.

Sent on 04/07/2019
    The Empress Estate 14
    The Empress Estate 15

Thank you Clint!
    Anna & Davids wedding was flawless, as they deserved. Such a beautiful couple! It was an absolute pleasure hosting their wedding and serving you :)

Christina allen · Married on 04/01/2019

Magical venue

I had my wedding here and it was truly magical. Nothing went wrong. Stevie was my coordinator for the day and my florist and she was spectacular she truly made my day special. My guests all had a fun night and enjoyed the bar! I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a flawless magical wedding!
    Dinner was excellent and I enjoyed the chef coming around to check on us!

Sent on 05/04/2019

Annabelle Mueller · Married on 02/09/2019

Magical night

We had an amazing wedding. Everything turned out wonderful. The staff was so attentive. The food delicious. The cake was beautiful it far exceeded my expectations. All 107 of my guests enjoyed themselves. We had a Italian soda bar and the kids loved it! I would recommend the Empress Estate to anyone wanting the perfect
    Wedding!

Sent on 04/04/2019

The Empress Estate's reply:

Thank you for your fabulous review Anna! We had so much fun hosting your wedding and hope married life is treating you well!
    Italian soda bar- epic.

Nichole Walker · Married on 02/05/2019

Phenomenal experience at The Empress

My husband and I got married in February of 2019. I could not have asked for a better team of people to help us through the planning and coordination of our wedding. They also have us a plan A and plan B for our ceremony and cocktail space depending on what the weather was like! From staff, to food everything was amazing!

Sent on 04/14/2019

The Empress Estate's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review. Hosting your wedding was an honor. We hope married life is treating you well!

Andrea Foote · Married on 02/02/2019

Beautiful place, amazing team

Everything was so beautiful and exactly what I asked for. The coordinators were amazing and the service team was extraordinary. We couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 04/05/2019

The Empress Estate's reply:

It was an absolute pleasure hosting your wedding at The Empress Andrea! We hope married life is treating you well!

Thank you for your review!
  • brandy

brandy · Married on 12/20/2018

They saved the wedding

So starting at the beginning, our first visit was right after they finished the chateau so Stevie was really excited to show it off to us and let me say it is beautiful up there, After we finished the whole tour we had definitely decided to pick them as our location for the wedding since everything was just so gorgeous. Which led to picking packages and signing contracts, everything was nicely laid out and explained in depth after Zoe got some details about what we were looking for. Once we left that afternoon we were really clear and happy with our choice. Next up were the planning sessions where we got to sit down and plan out the menu, as well as certain decor choices each time they were really organized and had a clear plan for what was to be accomplished at that meeting. We also went to one of the tastings so we could ensure that our food choices were good, and let me say the food is amazing especially when you consider that a lot of catering places kinda phone it in for large scale production (all of our guests were raving about the food!).

Now fast-forward to the actual wedding night. We had a HUGE issue in that the person bringing my Husband's suit was about two hours late, once we told the venue what was happening Ambree and Zoe jumped into action to rearrange and make sure that our guests still had a great time while we were waiting on it to arrive. Ambree did a great job of keeping me in the loop as to what the plans were and what was going on downstairs since I had to stay up in the room. Their flexibility and quick thinking definitely made it so we were able to still have a beautiful wedding. Everyone on staff that night really went above and beyond which really helped ease all the anxiety I was having about the delay. If anyone asked me if I would recommend The Empress Estate I would say yes in a heartbeat, I can't imagine our day without the help and support of everyone involved that night.

Sent on 12/23/2018
    The Empress Estate 16
    The Empress Estate 17
    The Empress Estate 18
    The Empress Estate 19
    The Empress Estate 20

The Empress Estate's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Brandy. We were so happy we were able to make you feel calm and informed during that stressful time! Your wedding was absolutely awesome!
    We hope married life is treating you well!

Vanessa · Married on 09/09/2018

This is an amazing venue. You may spend more here, but you get what you pay for. The planners and coordinators are very insightful and Lindsay especially was very helpful. The caterers did an amazing job and baked us a gorgeous, tasty cake. We were the 1st morning wedding that they did, and my husband and I felt a bit crunched on time. I would highly recommend reserving your date early, even a year in advance, because they fill up quick. I would also advise to stick to an evening wedding. We were able to get gorgeous photos on this beautiful property. So happy we said "I do" at the Empress.

Sent on 09/20/2018
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 06/09/2018

The Empress Estate was an amazing Venue. They are able to create your dream wedding. Zoe, Lindsey and Stevie are the best they really made the day wonderful. Little touches throughout the day that just make it the best venue. The food, quality of service is great, The view is breathtaking. You will not regret booking the empress Estate :)

Sent on 06/29/2018

Danielle · Married on 06/08/2018

The Empress has been flexible with our schedule and we are getting so much for a great value.
    The food at their tasting events is really really good and I have a lot of confidence that our wedding day will be successful because of the great service and prompt responses we have received while being their customer

Sent on 12/22/2017

Jessica · Married on 04/29/2018

It's absolutely as breathtaking in person, as it is in photos! We are so excited for our big day, and for our guests to be able to enjoy the beautiful setting! The wedding coordinators have all been awesome to work with! I highly recommend!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Lauren · Married on 04/28/2018

The Empress Estate is a gorgeous venue tons of options of ceremony & reception locations. It is the dream wedding venue - and yet still affordable! On top of that, the food is delicious and the service is awesome! Katie was our wedding planner during the process, and she helped us every step of the way. On the day of, the owners, Zoe & Stevie made my day wonderful and were able to easily and quickly flip around our schedule at the last minute when our officiant didn't show up. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to book a wedding!

Sent on 04/30/2018

James · Married on 04/21/2018

Awesome Spectacular , Gorgeous Stupendous

Sent on 06/05/2018

Dijana · Married on 12/02/2017

This venue could not even be compared to any other location that I checked out. It is absolutely beautiful! We are honored to be the first bride and groom to be married at the new house. Katie made sure that everything was exactly the way I wanted. I forgot the ribbon to my dress and she made sure that she found one that was like the exact one that I had. Zoe and his wife Stevie are wonderful people as well. I have 3 young children so I really wanted to have something where I did nothing myself. Katie sent me names and phone numbers to great vendors that we used. She made the process extremely easy for me.For being all-inclusive, I would say that the price is very reasonable. The Empress Estate staff went above and beyond for my special day. I am very pleased with how my wedding day turned out. Very well recommended!

Also - EVERYONE loved the food. A variety of options and the guests could eat as much as they wanted.

Winter wedding - 12.2.17

Sent on 12/09/2017

ashlee · Married on 11/04/2017

As soon as i saw photos for the venue i knew this was the location for me. My husband was set on a church setting so getting him to go see this was a struggle. As soon as he saw the venue and the outside terrace he knew this was the spot for us. we booked that day. We loved that they had multiple locations to get married so they could alter at the drop of a pin. from the moment of booking all the way till the wedding it was a pleasant experience. They worked with us on payments which is a huge help when trying to plan a beautiful wedding. they offered multiple food/cake tastings that helped us pick out just the perfect items for us and our dinner. The wedding coordinators were there every step of the way and answered every silly question i had along the process. the day of the rehearsal it was due to rain the day of our wedding. The coordinator told me its a high chance of rain. I kind of felt at that point i was being pushed into having it inside, mostly due to my guests. So we did the rehearsal based on an inside wedding. As the coordinator was explaining the layout to us we ran into the owner Zoe who asked why i was so calm when i was getting married the next day. i told him they handle everything so why should i be worried, i had none other than having an inside wedding, Zoe said than we have an outside wedding! We than rehearsed for an outside wedding as well and played it by ear. The day of my wedding it was still due to rain but we were not totally sure when the rain was going to come. Zoe watched the weather like a hawk and made sure we got the dream wedding we really wanted. He knew our heart was set on outside and so he was going to do everything he could to make sure that happened. AND IT DID!!! The food was amazing, the cake was perfect, the whole staff was wonderful. I can honestly look back at my wedding day and say it was 100% perfect. This would not have been possible without the help of Zoe making sure i got what i wanted.

Sent on 11/18/2017

Jessica · Married on 04/15/2017

I am so excited and happy with my choice to have The Empress Estate take care of my Wedding day! I was so impressed with this venue, and all its reviews that I booked it without visiting the site. Today I viewed this wedding venue and met the owners. I have to say they took great care in building a relationship with myself during the whole tour. I felt a little nervous at first booking a venue without being on site first .... But felt confident it was the right place for me to best host my family!!!!

I could not have picked a better place!

My wedding date is still over a year away but, I want any bride to know that my first impressions of the building and staff was impeccable. I first came upon this wedding venue at the Seattle wedding show and would have walked right past the booth thinking it was far outside my price range. However if their staff was not so welcoming and approachable I would never have taken a second look. At first I told myself I can only dream about having a wedding there, but then I started to add in all the little things that they offer that no other venue I found offers and I realized they actually where going to allow me to budget much better. Suddenly, I realized that weddings run over your original $ plan due to the little unforeseen things that happen last min. This is not just a wedding venue to me ....... It is a destination getaway .... That takes care of my needs . All While helping me not run over budget because they have already thought of everything I need and included it in your package or made it obtainable within an add on. Leaving you with no surprises to stress about. Once I understood the time and money this beautiful venue was giving back to me ..... My last and only consternation was my closest friends and family. Would they make the trip to this location and would it honor the people in my life the best? The response was very positive, which only made me more confident about choosing this venue.

Sent on 02/01/2016

Tori · Married on 02/04/2017

I attended a wedding here 2 weeks ago and it was the most beautiful venue i had ever been too. From beginning to end everything ran smooth and felt like a fairy tale. On top of the venue being beautiful the food was AMAZING.

Sent on 03/14/2017

Tasha · Married on 11/14/2016

Empress advertises for a Fairy tale wedding. They sell nothing short of it.

Sent on 12/20/2016

Tasha,
    We are so happy you enjoyed your Fairy-tale wedding. We love hearing from our Empress Brides and are delighted we were able to be a part of your magical wedding.
    Congratulations again from all of us here at The Empress Estate!
    We so appreciate the compliment, Thank You!!

Kate · Married on 06/11/2016

I had such a beautiful stress free wedding!! I kept waiting for something to go wrong, but nothing did. Zoe and Steevie really love what they do and they kept track of the time so I didn't have to worry about anything. Steevie answered all of my frantic, crazy planning texts and really helped my day go smoothly. I didn't have do ANY of the setup. I told her what I wanted and somehow it got done. The food was amazing! We had the prime rib and salmon. I highly recommend adding the mashed potato bar. It was a huge hit! They brought my husband and I an appetizer plate during photos so we could enjoy a little bit of all the food. If you want a full service venue and a stress free wedding, the Empress Estate is a must!

Sent on 08/06/2016

The Empress Estate's reply:

Thank you, Kate. It was an amazing royal wedding, All your guest were celebrating your big day joyfully

Rossana · Married on 06/10/2016

We had our wedding there on June 10, 2016. We had guest attending from Puerto Rico, Florida, New York, Texas, California and Wisconsin. Let me say that while I am a very kind person I am very much a perfectionist, very detailed orientated with high standards. Leading up to the wedding I was a bit nervous as entrusting such a task is not easy. Stevie and Zoey along with the entire staff were absolutely wonderful. It was truly a magical day. The chef Micheal was above and beyond!!! With no reservation this place recieves my highest recommendation.

Sent on 07/01/2016

The Empress Estate's reply:

It was our pleasure to host your wedding, it will be in our memories for ever and your family were wonderful, everyone had a great time, it was an honor to share your magical day.

Kris · Married on 01/07/2016

My name is Kris Krmpotich and I own/operate PrimeTime Music, a mobile wedding DJ business. I am writing this review to let all future brides/grooms know that The Empress Estate is a magical place. Stevie, Zoe and Ariel are wonderful people who will bend over backwards to make sure you have a beautiful wedding. I have DJ'ed there many times and am always impressed with how well the whole operation is run. Stevie and Zoe are the owners and both are present during the whole wedding. TRUST ME, THAT IS A GOOD THING. If any bride/groom has an specific questions about the Empress Estate, please feel free to call me at 360-202-1278.
    Kris Krmpotich
    PS. The food there is like in a 5 star hotel!!

Ashlynn · Married on 12/22/2015

We were very last minute in planning our Company Christmas party. From the very beginning Zoe (Owner) and Ariel (Coordinator) were AMAZING!!!!! And so so accommodating. This was my first attempt at planning something like this and Ariel was so much help. When we arrived, everything was beautiful! Food was amazing, atmosphere was perfect, the view is incredible. I can't wait to do a mid year social for the office up there, outside. I can only imagine it will be just as amazing. The dinner went off without a hitch and we couldn't be more pleased with the ENTIRE experience. They are so flexible and knowledgeable....This is what they do and they do it well :) Whether you have a large wedding or a small office/social gathering....I recommend looking into The Empress Estates. We will be back next year and will absolutely tell everyone about them.....

The Empress Estate's reply:

Thank you very much for the kind words, and thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. I look forward to many years of celebration.

Carol · Married on 12/05/2015

Great Place for a Christmas Party!!!

This is the second time that ITI has held their Christmas party at The Empress Estates. A beautiful mansion on the hill that provides not only dazzling outdoor lights, a breathtaking entrance, and stellar accommodations but also offers stunning views of Woodland and the Columbia River. The grounds and the facility are incredible.

The festive decorations and the hospitable atmosphere allowed for a relaxing, enjoyable and wonderful time. Not to mention, the great Hors d'oeuvres, entrees and desserts that were carefully prepared by the chef.

The Owners, Zoe and Stevie, as well as their staff go out of their way to provide not only a most enjoyable event, but also provide the customer service and attention to detail that make this venue one of the best. It is highly recommended to visit The Empress Estates and consider them for any event.

A big Thanks to Zoe, Stevie and Ariel for helping to make our company Christmas parties successful!