The Emporium Reviews

The Emporium 7
  • Sara

Sara Russell · Married on 07/27/2019

An Amazing Venue!

The Emporium was an amazing venue to have our wedding at! Jane definitely took great care of us and made sure we were happy with our big day! This venue is gorgeous! My family and guests could not stop gushing about how beautiful it was! Anyone having a wedding in lower Alabama needs to consider The Emporium for their big day!

Sent on 07/30/2019

Ginger · Married on 09/15/2018

The Emporium and Chapman House are beautiful, I fell in love the first time I saw it. We had our daughter's wedding there last weekend and it was perfect! Ms Jane was so helpful and a pleasure to work with. If you are looking for the perfect venue, call Ms Jane, I promise you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/19/2018
    The Emporium 13
    The Emporium 14
    The Emporium 15

The Emporium's reply:

Thank you so much Ginger for your kind words! It was truly my pleasure serving you., your friends and family., the wedding party and of course the handsome groom and beautiful bride!! Hope your special day was everything you’ve Imagine and more!!

Jessica · Married on 04/28/2018

I absolutely love this venue and Mrs. Jane! The minute I walked into The Emporium I knew it was what we were looking for. It also has a great courtyard that we had our ceremony in. We rented The Chapman house also that is located right beside The Emporium for the bridal suite to get ready in before the wedding. The convenience of both buildings was so wonderful. They both are decorated beautifully and have all the amenities you need. Mrs. Jane really helped me out a lot with the million questions and worries I had. Everything went by so smoothly, and we couldn't have asked for sweeter people or better convenience! Thank you, Mrs. Jane, for helping make our day so special!She was a blessing the whole wedding process. Please call Mrs. Jane and ask about both The Emporium and The Chapman house! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 04/30/2018
    The Emporium 22
    The Emporium 23
    The Emporium 24

The Emporium's reply:

Thank you so very much Jessica for choosing The Emporium and Bridal suite for you special day. It was truly my honor to serve you and your wedding party., friends and family. We hope that your wedding day was everything you have ever dream of and more:-) Wishing you the best!!!

Jessica · Married on 03/17/2018

My husband and I got married March 17,2018. I knew when I started looking for a venue I wanted something different, but romantic, and classy. This was the first venue we visited and I fell in love. There is so much character and charm without the decorations. And I fell in LOVE. We rented the Chapman house also and it was absolutely beautiful, so convenient for our bridal party and guest. The staff is amazing. Mrs. Jane is so precious and goes above and beyond for all clients. I highly recommend this venue if you are looking for something breathtaking. I will attach photos so you can see just how beautiful our day really was at the Emporium.

Sent on 04/20/2018
    The Emporium 32
    The Emporium 33
    The Emporium 34

The Emporium's reply:

Thank you Jessica!!! It truly was a pleasure serving you.., your family and friends and your wedding party too make sure your special day everything you have ever dreamed of and more. Thank you so very much for choosing The Emporium and The Chapman House! Wishing you all the Best!!!
  • Summer

Summer · Married on 02/03/2018

Gorgeous scenery. Beautiful bridal suite. Excellent and extremely kind staff. I love the manager, Jane. She's a darling and will gladly help you.

Sent on 02/26/2018

The Emporium's reply:

Thank you Summer for your kind words and for choosing our Venue to celebrate your special day.

Sidney · Married on 01/06/2018

Ms. Jane is so wonderful to work with. She is extremely nice and was very helpful during the entire process. One of the best things about the Emporium is that you don’t need much decoration because the building itself is so beautiful. The only decor we had were flowers, and we have gotten so many compliments on how pretty our reception was. The Emporium is definitely the way to go.

Sent on 04/09/2018

Sasha · Married on 07/01/2017

I ABSOLUTELY love The Emporium! Mrs. Jane Johnson was very pleasant to work with. Her warm embrace added validation to why I chose The Emporium. The bridal suite was indeed my favorite. This suite gives an experience that every bride should encounter. Each area within and around The Emporium provides such rich elegance that assures every moment captured through a lens is simply stunning. An AMAZING venue!

STS

The Emporium's reply:

It truly was my pleasure to help you all through your wedding process. Thank you so very much for choosing The Emporium and The Chapman House for your wedding reception. We hope it was everything you imagine and more! Wishing you all the best!

Sasha · Married on 07/01/2017

The Emporium 35
    The Emporium 36
    The Emporium 37
    The Emporium 38
    The Emporium 39

The Emporium's reply:

Thank you Sasha so much for choosing The Emporium and Chapman House for your wedding day! It truly was our pleasure to serve you., your husband., wedding party., family and friends:-) we truly hope it was everything you imagined and more!!! Wishing you all the love and happiness:-)

Abby · Married on 06/17/2017

I absolutely love this venue and Mrs. Jane who is the manager at The Emporium! It took me so long to find a reception venue for our wedding, but the minute I walked into The Emporium I knew it was what we were looking for. It also has a great courtyard for extra seating which was great. We rented The Chapman house that is located right beside The Emporium for our rehearsal dinner and for the bridal and grooms suite to get ready in before the wedding. The convenience of both buildings was so wonderful. They both are decorated beautifully and have all the amenities you need. Mrs. Jane helped with vendors, and we had the best decorator/florist and photographer. Everything went so smoothly, and we couldn't have asked for sweeter people or better convenience! Thank you, Mrs. Jane, for helping make our day so special! Please call Mrs. Jane and ask about both The Emporium and The Chapman house! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 04/17/2018
    The Emporium 40
    The Emporium 41
    The Emporium 42
    The Emporium 43

The Emporium's reply:

You are so welcome Abby and thank you for choosing The Emporium and the Chapman House for your special day. You., your husband and all your family were such sweethearts!!!!!

Spencer · Married on 06/10/2017

Jane from the emporium was amazing!! She was so accommodating and we had an amazing day at the emporium! Thank you Jane!!!

Sent on 05/16/2018
    The Emporium 44
    The Emporium 45
    The Emporium 46

The Emporium's reply:

Thank you Spencer to you and Molly for Choosing the Emporium and Chapman House for your special day!! It was my pleasure to make sure your wedding and reception was everything you imagine and more. Wishing you both the Best!!

Abbey · Married on 05/05/2017

Loved, loved having my reception at the Emporium! It was exactly what I wanted, Historic, elegant, and so classic! The Chapman House next door is so convenient for the bridesmaid luncheon and bridal suite..I even had my engagement party there too! Perfect Venue for a wedding!

Sent on 05/10/2018
    The Emporium 52
    The Emporium 53
    The Emporium 54

The Emporium's reply:

Thank you Abbey so much for choosing The Emporium and Chapman House for your special day. We hope that it was everything you Imagine and more!

Erica · Married on 11/19/2016

I loved having our reception at The Emporium and we’ve gotten so many compliments on it! The Emporium is such an elegant reception venue that also has a beautiful outdoor space for the perfect indoor/outdoor mix. We also rented the Chapman house for the day and couldn’t have been happier. My bridesmaids and I were able to have brunch, get ready, and spend the day in the most adorable bridal suite! So many other venues restricted vendors and I appreciated being able to hand select each vendor for our wedding. I would highly recommend this venue to any bride!

The Emporium 55
    The Emporium 56
    The Emporium 57

The Emporium's reply:

Thank you Erica so much for choosing The Emporium and The Chapman House for your special day! It was such an honor too serve you., your husband., your wedding party., family and friendsl it was all so beautiful!!! Wishing you all the love and happiness life has to offer!!

Erin · Married on 08/20/2016

In August of 2016, my husband and I had our wedding reception at The Emporium. It was a dream come true! The Emporium is a gorgeous venue that provides a perfect backdrop for wedding pictures. Some of my favorite reception pictures have those beautiful stained-glass windows in the background. A memory that my husband and I will cherish forever is eating dinner together in the private balcony of The Emporium. Our wedding day was so hectic until we sat down for dinner, just the two of us. The Emporium was a huge part of making our wedding day so perfect!

Sent on 05/01/2018
    The Emporium 58

The Emporium's reply:

Thank you Erin so much for choosing The Emporium for your special day. We hope it was everything you imagine and more!! Wishing you all the Best and many many blessings!!

Kris · Married on 08/06/2016

We were pleased and honored to use the Emporium for our daughter's blessed day! Ms. Jane is wonderful to work with. We never had one issue. As usual a big day like this had hiccups from vendors and time conflicts and the staff did everything we would have expected and went above and beyond the normal expectations and exceeded our wildest dreams. Historic, beautiful, classic, and helpful are the words I would use to describe our experience with this marvelously ran venue!

Sent on 03/23/2018
    The Emporium 59
    The Emporium 60

Samantha · Married on 07/16/2016

I LOVE the Emporium and always recommend this venue to other brides!! We had our wedding and reception here in July, 2016, and it was the perfect wedding that I had always dreamed about! We used both the indoor and outdoor space, and it was plenty of room to accommodate everyone. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful, and we were able to decorate with no issues at all! Mrs. Jane was such a joy to work with and was always very helpful! We had a big wedding party with 11 bridesmaids, and the bridal suite was perfect to accommodate us all! We even had a bridal brunch in the front room the morning of the wedding. Being able to have my bridal party in the same place all day was extremely convenient and made my day perfect! For the reception, we were able to sit and eat with the wedding party upstairs in the Emporium! This venue was beautiful and everything I could have ever asked for!!

Sent on 04/26/2018
    The Emporium 61
    The Emporium 62
    The Emporium 63
    The Emporium 64
    The Emporium 65

The Emporium's reply:

Thank you so much Samatha for choosing The Emporium and Chapman House for your special day! It was truly an honor to serve you., your wedding party., friends and family:-) Wishing you all the best!!!

Simone · Married on 10/24/2015

LOVE The Emporium!!! Enjoy having our wedding there. Venue is gorgeous and timeless. Jane and Kelly were a huge help and made sure everything was perfect. They won’t disappoint you!

Sent on 04/07/2018
    The Emporium 66
    The Emporium 67
    The Emporium 68

The Emporium's reply:

Thank you Simone so much for choosing The Emporium for your beautiful wedding and reception:-) it was truly our pleasure to make sure your special day was everything you’ve ever imagined and more!! Wishing you all the love and happiness life has to offer!

Cortney Daniels · Married on 10/17/2015

Courtyard Ceremony

My husband and I got married in 2015 at The Emporium! We were the first couple to use the courtyard for our ceremony. It was gorgeous and I received many compliments on the venue! Mrs. Jane was fabulous and catered to all of our needs. It is really a treasure to have in our town! No need to drive to Dothan or Montgomery to have a beautiful wedding with such a great venue minutes away!

Sent on 02/13/2019
    The Emporium 69
    The Emporium 70
    The Emporium 71
    The Emporium 72

Meagan · Married on 01/03/2015

The Emporium is amazing! It’s character and charm is so warm and romantic. Pictures inside & outside look amazing. Mrs. Jane is the best in helping you with anything to make your wedding perfect- that’s what she did for me!!

Sent on 05/01/2018
    The Emporium 73
    The Emporium 74
    The Emporium 75
    The Emporium 76
    The Emporium 77
    The Emporium 78

The Emporium's reply:

Thank you Meagan for choosing The Emporium for your special day! It truly was our pleasure to help you all through to make sure you Wedding day is everything you’ve dream of:-) God bless you and Adam and many many blessings!!

Lydia · Married on 08/16/2014

The Emporium absolutely made my wedding reception. It's such a beautiful venue that we hardly had to decorate it and, when we added flowers, it was even more stunning. We had a brunch wedding and the light coming in all the windows created the perfect atmosphere. It has a great vintage feel without seeming old fashioned. Jane was absolutely the best to work with (and one of the sweetest people I've ever met) - almost 4 years later, she's still a friend. She was there first thing in the morning to let the vendors in and made herself super available for any little question leading up to the wedding, which is a huge help during the very stressful wedding planning process. They also had all the amenities we needed on site. We originally planned to rent chairs and tables elsewhere, but their prices were competitive with anything we could find and were beautiful. I cannot recommend the Emporium enough. When I think back on my wedding day, it's the Emporium I think of even more than the chapel we used for the actual ceremony.

Sent on 04/20/2018

The Emporium's reply:

Thank you Lydia for your kind comments! It was truly a pleasure serving you., your fiancé., & family from the beginning to your special day. Thank you so very for Choosing the Emporium!! We wish all the love and happiness life has to offer!!

Alex · Married on 06/21/2014

We were married here in June of 2014. The Emporium was recently renovated at the time and was and is still beautiful! Minimal decorations are required because of how classic and timeless the venue itself is. The outdoor area is a great addition to The Emporium! Kelly and Jane were flexible and great to work with. The bridal suite was not yet completed when we got married, but from the pictures - it is beautiful and the perfect place to get ready for your big day!

Sent on 04/15/2018

The Emporium's reply:

Thank you Alex for your kind comments! It was truly our pleasure to serve you., your fiancé and your families for your special day. It all was so beautiful and thank you so very much for choosing The Emporium for your special day!!!

Haley · Married on 05/10/2014

My husband and I held our wedding reception at the Emporium, and were the first couple to host our reception there when The Emporium first opened back up for business. The building is a special building, and it so very beautiful. There is so much character inside and out, there isn't the need for several decorations. The outside porch-area allows for overflow if inside the building is full. The tables and chairs The Emporium offers are beautiful as well. Mrs. Jane was so very helpful, and assisted the bride/her family throughout the entire process. The Chapman House wasn't open for renting at the time I rented the venue; however, I was recently a bridesmaid in another wedding, where we utilized the Chapman House. It is the perfect building to host the bride and her bridesmaids (or the groom/groomsmen) for a fun day of getting 'wedding ready' together. There is a kitchen area and several rooms for the entire wedding party to dress! If I had to rent another venue in this area, I would certainly host my event at The Emporium in Troy, AL.

The Emporium 79
    The Emporium 85
    The Emporium 86
    The Emporium 87

The Emporium's reply:

Thank you Haley for choosing The Emporium. Your wedding reception was beautiful and it was such an honor to serve you, your wedding party., family and friends. We hope that it was everything you imagine and more!! Wishing you and your husband all the love and happiness that life has to offer! Thank you again!!

Abby Laura · Married on 05/30/2015

An absolutely beautiful venue! We had our wedding reception there May 30,2015 , and I’m still getting so many compliments on how pretty everything was almost 3 years later! Jane was so wonderful throughout the whole planning process! Would recommend to anyone looking for a wedding venue!

Sent on 05/17/2018
    The Emporium 93
    The Emporium 94
    The Emporium 95

Kait · Married on 08/06/2016

I had a wedding here in 8/16 and was blown away by the venue! Everyone involved was so helpful! I had both wedding and reception and the turn around for those were amazing and fast! The place was beautiful at 6/7 because of the sunset! It was a golden beauty! We wanted a catholic style but not a church, this was a renovated old chatholic church! And fit us perfectly! I’d also recommend to look into the local business they have as recommendations! We used some for flowers, and all and it was AMAZING

Sent on 03/23/2018
  • Marcy

Marcy · Married on 04/23/2016

3.8
      3.0
      1.0

The day-to-day manager of The Emporium was a dream to work with for booking and planning our wedding reception. She was very responsive and helped in every way possible. My only complaint was that the owner of The Emporium decided to get rid of their card machine as a form of payment. They didn't inform us of this until it was time to make the final payments (when we booked we payed the deposit with a card) This made getting our final payments completed extremely hard and stressful, especially since we live seven hours away from the venue location!

Sent on 05/12/2016
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 12/31/2016

2.6
      2.5
      2.5
      3.0
      1.0

The venue itself is breathtaking! I love the historic building and the fact that all of the stained glass is original! The bridal suite is also wonderful! I had a bridal party with 9 bridesmaids, my mother, my hair/makeup person, and two photographers and it never felt crowded. Having said all of this, my husband and I had many issues with the manager. We were often told one thing at the start and then informed later that what had been said was false. We were told that there would be plenty of tables and linens in our colors, and when it came down to paying for them about 4 weeks before the wedding we were told that they did not have the linen color we wanted and only had 10 tables in the size we had requested. So we were forced to hunt down tables and order linens last minute which was a major headache. My husband and I were told when we reserved the venue that since we had only paid for the day of the wedding that we were not allowed to do any set up AT ALL the day before. When my mother arrived the night before the wedding to drop off decor, she was told by the manager that setting up the furniture was absolutely fine but that we could not decorate. The many miscommunications throughout the process caused a lot of frustration, and that was the last thing I wanted during the wedding planning process. I'm not sure if I were to do it again if I would choose the Emporium as my reception venue. To add to the frustration, my husband was contacted by the manager just 2 days after the wedding while we were on our honeymoon (which she knew about) about a situation that was not our doing and could not be handled from 300 miles away. She continued to contact us over the next few days after having been told that we were on our honeymoon and that we would look into the issue when we returned. This was extremely unprofessional in my opinion and a bit disrespectful.

Sent on 03/05/2017