177 Reviews for The Elkridge Furnace Inn

House Liquor (2)
Family Style (1)
Limited Bar (1)
177 The Elkridge Furnace Inn Reviews

We had our wedding on 4/27/18 at the Elkridge Furnace Inn. It was absolutely fantastic. Bethany was amazing and helpful through the whole planning process and the day. The food was exceptional. My guests raved about the brisket on the BBQ station. We really loved that everything was setup when we got there on the day of. The staff and Chef Wecker are really wonderful to work with. I would highly recommend them for other couples.

Profile Picture Erin, 4/27/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Love, love, love this place! The food is amazing. Chef says he has thousands of recipes in his head, and he does! For our event, we combined Jewish and Hungarian. The result was yummy! Bethany was great to work with -- friendly, helpful, calm. She always had time to answer questions and make suggestions. There was no problem extending the timing for our wedding -- in part because there were no other events the day of our wedding. Her day-of staff was excellent, especially Vada as she took care of last minute clothing emergencies, jittery nerves, and everything else! While the buildings, grounds and history of EFI are amazing, most of the event itself was in a 12-month tent. This was not a problem! We had part of the building and grounds to ourselves; the tent was heated, had a dance floor, chandeliers, windows, and plenty of space. We were very comfortable and felt totally taken care of! We ate and drank well and danced the night away!

Profile Picture Kathy, 3/24/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We used Elkridge for our wedding reception. They provided the catering, cake, booze, reception staff, and guest party favors (truffles). What can you say about Elkridge? The venue is a historic building built in 1835 set on the site of the old iron works that ran from 1751 to 1873. The house is beautiful and the location is so peaceful (we did not have our wedding there but you can; they have an awesome outdoor location). Chef Wecker and his staff create the most amazing food and his daughter does awesome cakes and pastries! Matt and Bethany helped us organize our event. They were very easy to work with. We loved all the food we tasted, from the appetizers through the main courses to the cake. The day of was seamless. The Elkridge staff did an amazing job of setting the place up and managing the cocktail and dining hours. Their staff was courteous and fun. It could not have been a more perfect day and experience. The best part is that they are a year-round restaurant so we can go back again whenever we feel like it! Use this venue!

Profile Picture Henry, 3/3/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Parking, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cake, Clean Up, Set Up

I could not asked for a better experience. The staff was very responsive to my needs and made my wedding perfect. I highly recommend the Elkridge Furnace Inn because the value and how easy they make the wedding process. They provided our food, cake, tables, linens, etc. We didn't have to do a thing besides contact a florist and show up!

Profile Picture Katie, 2/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

WOW! WOW! WOW! Choose the Inn! They are amazing! They went above and beyond helping us make our day perfect. They met with us countless times, answered our thousands of annoying and overly detail obsessed emails and delivered the perfect wedding! THE FOOD WAS AMAZING! The staff is OUT OF THIS WORLD! Bethany worked with us non-stop with a smile on her face the whole time. One of their bartenders, Theresa, stayed late far after the wedding ended to make sure one of our elderly guests made it home safely. She even called the cab company to demand that they came in a timely manner and let the guest wait in her car where it was warm. She even offered to drive them home herself. That's amazing. That's caring about people. That's what the Inn is all about. They care and it shows. They do their job better than anyone you've ever seen and they truly love it. I would do it all again and choose the Inn every time.

Profile Picture Kendall, 11/25/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

I cannot say enough about the wonderful wedding team at the Elkridge Furnace Inn! I wanted an all-in-one venue because I found wedding planning overwhelming. From the moment I visited and saw the beautiful gardens, lovely tent, and heard about the creativity of the chef and their use of ingredients they grow themselves, I knew we had found our venue! THE FOOD: We designed a rather unique menu that would showcase my Norwegian and my husband's Filipino heritages, and the EFI team took it and ran! We got soooo many compliments on our delicious food. THE DAY: The EFI staff work very hard to make sure that the Bride and Groom actually ENJOY their wedding day. There were two ladies assigned to follow us around and make sure we had samples of all the food and a rotation of wine, gin and tonics, and water throughout the entire night. It allowed us to focus on the day and the guests but still get our food and drink needs met :D Plus the wedding coordinator was on site the whole day to make sure everything went smoothly. I didn't have to worry about a single thing -- they handled everything from working with the DJ to getting our table decorations just perfect to making sure everyone was in the right place with the right stuff at the right time. How many brides can say they actually RELAXED on their wedding day?? But that's exactly what I did! THE VENUE: One word: stunning! We had tulle and fairy lights, and it looked like a scene out of a fantasy storybook. With a wedding in November we weren't sure if we would do inside or outside until a couple of days before. We decided to have it inside, and I'm so glad that we did, because it was just beautiful! The EFI staff set up lovely lighting and an alter area, and everyone was able to enjoy the ceremony in a comfortable temperature. Bottom line: The EFI is amazing at what they do, and I couldn't imagine having had our wedding anywhere else!

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Elkridge Furnace Inn is Wonderful! We had our wedding there on Sep 3rd 2017. It turned out to be a very beautiful day and great for the beautiful outdoor venue. Donna and her husband are very nice and helpful. Bathany did everything according to my will and even beyound for the arrangement!! All the staff are very nice and professional. Definitely, the food are awesome. We received so many compliments on our wedding/wedding venue. Pictures looks gorgeous from this venue.Cannot be more happy! Best choice.

Profile Picture Vivian, 9/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Thank you so much to Donna and Chef Daniel were absolutely amazing! I could not imagine getting married anywhere else. The service from the first time I called to schedule a tour of the grounds until after the wedding was over was absolutely amazing. The venue itself is stunning- pictures are perfect both inside and outside. We got married in July at EFI and were worried it would be too hot in the tent. As soon as we arrived, our guest were complaining that it was too cold in the tent! (although it heated up thanks to our DJ and all of the dancing!) . The attention to detail that the staff has is amazing. The day of coordinator and service team were beyond words. They were always available to answer questions and spend as much time as was needed to go over any details for the wedding- from food questions, to timelines, decorations, or billing questions. Our guests could not stop raving about the food! Chef did an amazing job with the food, and helped us find food options that would work with all of our guests and their dietary needs. My husband and I are so happy that we chose EFI as our wedding venue, and we cant thank Donna and Chef enough for making it a day we will never forget.

Profile Picture Laura, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We hosted a small wedding in the Manor House (~35 people) rather than the outdoor tent or garden area. It was absolutely beautiful, the staff were super attentive and the food was amazing! We will be back for our anniversary!

Profile Picture Amy, 7/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The staff at the Elkridge Furnace in were amazing throughout the planning process, and the day of! They were extremely attentive to our needs, I never went without a drink in my hand and the day went incredibly smoothly. We were able to drop off all the decorations and they set it up perfectly, and they were so efficient in packing up everything at the end! The food was great, and they packed us to go boxes for a midnight snack, which was so thoughtful considering we were so busy talking to everyone the day of, we didn't get to properly eat during the wedding! I would highly recommend this venue!

To the staff at the Elkridge Furnance Inn, thanks again!

Profile Picture Gina, 6/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

This is a beautiful place for a wedding. My daughter's wedding was there 10 days ago. We had 145 guests. The setting is beautiful. The food is delicious and the staff is so professional and accommodating. Couldn't have been nicer.

Profile Picture mary, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

My wedding is next year and I am so excited! it is a beautiful location and they have treated me so well preparing for my big day. Christine is always available and happy to answer any of the ongoing questions I continue to have!

Profile Picture Catie, 10/14/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

the staff at elkridge furnace inn have been amzing in helping us plan our wedding. i cant wait to have our wedding there

Profile Picture Dan, 9/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Cake, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

My wife (fiancé at the time) and I had visited two other venues after we went here thinking we would be able to get a better deal for a spring/summer time deal. After going back and forth on the dates, Christene, our sales associate at the Elkridge Furnace Inn offered us the winter package for 2016 which was within our budget. It was also November at the time so it was hard to judge if we would be able to plan with short notice. Since it was a March wedding we were reluctant because of the Maryland weather but we prayed for a miracle and got it. It was 57 degrees and sunny. The flowers were just starting to blossom as if the orbit was in sync with our very special day. Aly Smith (coordinator) was so responsive and was able to accommodate for a multi-cultural experience. There were certain traditions we wanted to add to the wedding seeing as though this was a union of Korean and Black. Aly made sure that the venue was able to provide us with all of our requests. The staff was absolutely amazing and friendly. They personalized the experience in a way that we felt they were more than just the staff. Aly was very calm with us and we loved her personality as well as her warm smile. Our food was cooked to perfection and the dance floor was big enough that we were able to fit a good amount of our 140 guests on the dance floor for "the wobble" and "cha cha slide". As the groom, my glass was filled with mimosas the whole time. I didn't have to ask because when the staff member attending us saw me getting low, she came over to ask if I needed a refill. The venue itself was scenic in the sense that it was out of a Disney movie with the flowers starting to bloom around the historic inn. I don't know what else I could say to highlight our five star experience. The only thing I would change to our daytime wedding would be to add an additional hour so that we could get some good quality dancing in. Other than that, our special day was out of this world.

Profile Picture Carldrickiss, 3/26/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Cake, Event Planning

I have no idea where to start...so I guess I'll start with the easy part...Aly, Cameron, Christene, Michelle - THANK YOU SO MUCH. It was so easy to work with ALL of you, you truly are a well-oiled machine of a team. Nothing phased your team and for that, we will be forever grateful :) The venue itself is gorgeous and had so much history, which won our hearts over immediately. We had only seen one other venue at that point. EFI was the second and basically last because we booked them not long after meeting with Cameron, touring, and having questions answered.
I'd also done my research on the EFI food - a 4-star french restaurant with locally grown food, partially from their own backyard? Yes please. The food was absolutely on point. Michael and I couldn't get enough of the Maryland fried chicken; we even asked for second helpings! And yes, we were warned time and again that "you won't get to eat much as the wedding couple" but thanks to our amazing EFI bridal attendant (and our ability to scarf delicious food quicker than ever), we had helpings from both buffet stations and then some! And let me tell you about the cake...I ordered a surprise cake for my husband and it was a TARDIS. An incredibly difficult piece of work as a cake and Genelle, the exec pastry chef, pulled it off magnificently. I only wish i'd had time to thank her personally for it!
On the planning side and the months leading up to the wedding, it was so, so, so easy to work with Aly on the finer details and with Michelle/Christene with the invoicing. On my side, I made sure to have every detail laid out so that it would be easy for Aly and her team. They executed everything PERFECTLY! And if I missed anything, all it took was a quick word and it was done. No worries, no stresses. I had absolute faith and trust in the EFI and their team. They are an incredibly busy venue and yet they never miss a beat and when it's your day, they absolutely do everything to make it exactly that, your special day.

Profile Picture Denise, 11/14/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Stations, Bartender(s), House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, Cake, Indoor

My husband and I had scheduled several meetings at different venues when we were looking to find our wedding venue and The Elkridge Furnace Inn was our first stop. Let me just tell you we cancelled the rest of our scheduled meetings because we instantly knew that we wanted to have our wedding at EFI. They provide an indoor and outdoor ceremony option (incase of rain). The chef owns the restaurant and entire site so you can literally choose whatever food you would like that caters to your wants and what fits in with what you can afford. Its so convenient for your guests to have a ceremony and reception at the same beautiful location. Also, they provide a groom and bridal suite that you can utilize the entire day and when you have scheduled your wedding you have access to the entire grounds along with your guests. EFI stood out to me because you don't feel like your wedding isn't special or unique to them. When its your time the focus and entire venue is about you and your day. I was able to arrive at 9 am to get ready in which they provide you with fruits and cheeses and mimosas and champagne (all included in the package). They have coordinators that work directly with you and are there all day making sure everything is going well and that you have received drinks and food if you need it. You don't need to hire a wedding planner because they have one already in place for you within the package details. Everything went as planned, the food was delicious and WE ACTUALLY GOT TO EAT OUR FOOD (thanks to Aly)! We received so many compliments about how beautiful the venue was and how great the food was. The chef even came up and spoke to my husband and I and congratulated us. We were able to stay at a hotel five minutes from EFI and five minutes from the airport. The following morning my husband and I were able to shuttle to the airport in minutes and head off to our honeymoon!! Were so thankful to have chosen EFI and can't thank their staff enough!

Profile Picture Nina, 10/17/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Event Planning, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Signature Drink, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations

My husband and I got married during the week of hurricane Joaquin. We has planned for our ceremony to be outside and the reception inside. Obviously that could not happen, however we were not disappointed. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. It is historical so it give it a unique touch that banquet halls just can't give you. The staff is wonderful! Very helpful and want to do right by their bride and groom. Aly was awesome, she kept the evening flowing and took care of all the details so I had nothing to worry about. The food was amazing! It's fantastic here because you can pick your menu since it is chef owned and operated. We and our guests had such a terrific time. My husband and I could not be happier with how out night turned out!

Profile Picture Kim, 10/3/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Cake, Event Planning, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Chris and I got married August 21. The grounds are beautiful, the ceremony space is gorgeous, and the staff works so hard to make your day special. I was looking for a romantic and vintage-feeling venue and my husband's first priority was fantastic food. We found all we wanted and more in Elkridge Furnace Inn. Christene and Aly were very helpful and kept in touch periodically to make sure every one was on the same page. Every one of my guests complimented me on the food. The bar tenders were friendly and all our guests were pleased with the service. I cannot stress how perfect our wedding was and it was in a large part thanks to the staff

Profile Picture Kaitlyn , 8/21/15, 1 Review

NACHO BAR!

My fiance Frank and I had no idea what type of venue we wanted when we first started our search for our ceremony and reception venue. When we came to The Elkridge Furnace Inn, we just KNEW that this would be our place. It is crazy, but this place just has such good feeling to it, and when you combine that with the amazing staff and fabulous food, you certainly have a winner.

As we were moving through the wedding process, even the wedding day, everyone around me remarked about how calm I was and that is all because of the EFI. When you book your day with them, you can rest assured that everything will be taken care of and that you will be in good hands. From the very beginning, ever staff member was incredibly responsive and polite. If you sent an email at 8 PM, you will most likely be getting one back that night or early the next morning. During the wedding day, there is a team of people that are there to help you and your guests stay on track and happy. From directing traffic, to answering questions, to getting us drinks, the level of service that they provided was exceptional.

What I loved most though, was how the staff was willing to work with you to make the day truly yours. We did station service for our reception and one of the stations that I wanted was a nacho bar. Chef said no problem at all, and during the reception they were frying chips to order for our guests. This was definitely the highlight of the wedding! Our guests RAVED about all of the food but could not get enough of those nachos! My advice to engaged couples is to go with what makes you happy, and the team at the Elkridge Furnace Inn will make it happen for you.

Cameron and Aly were amazingly lovely. They kept us on track, kept us calm, kept us laughing, fed and dancing. Chef took time to come into the reception and check on us and make sure that everything was okay and that we were having a good time. Love!

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wedding was June 6, 2015. EFI was exceptional...delicious food, fabulous service, spectacular venue. Could not be happier
with our wedding reception venue and the support and attentiveness we received. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Bob, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

A truly perfect wedding! The food, the cake, the wait staff, the gardens...absolute perfection!

Profile Picture Ann, 6/6/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

We couldn't have asked for a better experience! Everyone at the Elkridge Furnace Inn was wonderful, and it is a beautiful location. Christene gave us a tour around the property and I fell in love immediately, especially with the outdoor ceremony area. After choosing some details about the food we wanted for the cocktail hour and dinner, she quickly gave us an estimate. Whenever I emailed her or Tad, they answered within 24 hours. And we met Chef Dan Wecker several times--he made sure we had gluten-free and dairy-free options for our guests and was so accommodating. All of our guests raved about how much they loved the venue, the food, everything! You can't go wrong when you choose EFI.

Profile Picture Mary, 5/30/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

When I was searching for venues, which pretty much started the day after I got engaged (maybe even the night of), I knew I wanted an outdoor wedding at a mansion/inn type place followed by a reception at the same venue. If you're a bride considering the Elkridge Furnace Inn, you probably are looking at the same places I did (and I dragged my poor fiancé to see all of them, there isn't a historic inn in the state of Maryland that he hasn't begrudgingly visited), and I cannot advise you enough - choose this one. This is a full service wedding venue, and that full service is 5 star quality. There are plenty of reviews about the quality of the staff, and they are all true (but let me throw a shout out to my bridal attendants Megan and Taylor, because you girls were rock stars) - I will add this, they love what they do and it shows in their work. I had a buffet style dinner, and throw whatever conception you have of buffet food out the window, because this was fine dining deliciousness buffet (order the fried mac and cheese hor dourves by the way, you won't be sorry). Christine and Tad are above all, skilled professionals. My husband (so weird to type!!) and I had an amazing time at our wedding, and that's the way it should be.

Profile Picture User5127816, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I chose The Elkridge Furnace Inn to have our wedding. It was so beautiful and the perfect time of year to have an outdoor ceremony. All of the trees and flowers on the property were in full bloom so the scenery was perfect for our photos. The estate was beautiful inside and out with a very vintage feel. We were also able to add our own special touches wherever we wanted. An added bonus was the large tent that is already on the property to use for our reception. And the food was delicious!! So many choices to offer our guests. We were extremely happy with their services.

Profile Picture Christina, 5/8/15, 4 Reviews