The Elkridge Furnace Inn Reviews

181 Reviews for The Elkridge Furnace Inn

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

181 The Elkridge Furnace Inn Reviews

pj · Married on 09/23/2018

Our favorite restaurant was also the best place for our wedding. Not the "cookie cutter food" you find at most wedding receptions. The Inn is tucked away and quiet, very romantic- Great place for the wedding photos.

• Rhiannon

Rhiannon · Married on 09/15/2018

I just got married at The Elkridge Furnace Inn and it was amazing! The staff was great. They made sure everything went smoothly, and made it very easy on us. The grounds were beautiful and all the guests had a blast. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/24/2018
    The Elkridge Furnace Inn 1

The Elkridge Furnace Inn's reply:

Rhiannon and Kurt! Congratulations!! It was our joy to be there to help create your Forever Wedding Memory... Can't wait for all the pictures. And thanks for the kind words! Come back and see us when you can... Chef Dan and Donna

Erin · Married on 04/27/2018

We had our wedding on 4/27/18 at the Elkridge Furnace Inn. It was absolutely fantastic. Bethany was amazing and helpful through the whole planning process and the day. The food was exceptional. My guests raved about the brisket on the BBQ station. We really loved that everything was setup when we got there on the day of. The staff and Chef Wecker are really wonderful to work with. I would highly recommend them for other couples.

Steven · Married on 04/21/2018

My wife and I had our wedding here on 4/21/18 and, because of the location and efforts of the staff at Elkridge Furnace Inn (EFI) it was perfect! When we arrived at 5pm everything was already setup for us (we had dropped off decorations the night before) and the staff was incredibly attentive to our needs! When we arrived an hour early with the groom and bridal parties to take pictures, they even had beer and wine waiting for us! When it was time for cocktail hour, the waiters were effortlessly passing out Hors d'oeuvre (which were delicious - especially the pesto mushrooms!) and making sure everything was in order. The location really is beautiful, and we were incredibly lucky that it was a beautiful spring day - pictures by the Patapsco river with the trees in bloom were a must! The interior, a 18th century design, was of course also beautiful.

For dinner, we had decided on a buffet style, with a French and Maryland themed station. The food at both was a hit! The guests especially enjoyed the crab cakes, fried oysters and beef bourguignon! We had ordered mini-cupcakes and wedding cake (of course!) and both were exceptional!

I want to give a special shout out to the staff, in particular to Donna and Bethany for helping us plan our special day, through all the emails, meetings, tastings, and other conversations leading up to the big day, and making sure everything was setup and answering last minute questions day-of. To the executive chef, Chef Wecker who's cooking was amazing, and even stopped by our sweetheart table to make sure everything was OK. Also to the bartender Theresa, she was a hit with all of the guests and was spot on with the drinks!

Thank you again Elkridge Furnace Inn! The location and service truly helped make our wedding day perfect, and my wife and I are

Sent on 04/30/2018

The Elkridge Furnace Inn's reply:

Thanks for the glowing review, Steven! We were more than thrilled to work closely with you and Hien towards this Very Special Moment--Your Wedding Day. Your wife is quite creative! We absolutely loved all the sparkles on all your personal touches. We so enjoyed getting to know you a bit and are glad you are now part of our Elkridge Furnace Inn family. Come see us when you can and be sure to send us pictures!

Kathy · Married on 03/24/2018

Love, love, love this place! The food is amazing. Chef says he has thousands of recipes in his head, and he does! For our event, we combined Jewish and Hungarian. The result was yummy! Bethany was great to work with -- friendly, helpful, calm. She always had time to answer questions and make suggestions. There was no problem extending the timing for our wedding -- in part because there were no other events the day of our wedding. Her day-of staff was excellent, especially Vada as she took care of last minute clothing emergencies, jittery nerves, and everything else! While the buildings, grounds and history of EFI are amazing, most of the event itself was in a 12-month tent. This was not a problem! We had part of the building and grounds to ourselves; the tent was heated, had a dance floor, chandeliers, windows, and plenty of space. We were very comfortable and felt totally taken care of! We ate and drank well and danced the night away!

Sent on 03/26/2018

The Elkridge Furnace Inn's reply:

Loved the purple...but mostly the beautiful, thought provoking messages you had placed around the Manor House. Unique and Meaningful! And thanks for the wonderful review! It was our joy and pleasure to help you make your Wedding so special. Chef Dan and I are proud of our staff and are glad you were well cared for. Come back to see us when you can...and don't forget to send pictures!

Henry · Married on 03/03/2018

We used Elkridge for our wedding reception. They provided the catering, cake, booze, reception staff, and guest party favors (truffles). What can you say about Elkridge? The venue is a historic building built in 1835 set on the site of the old iron works that ran from 1751 to 1873. The house is beautiful and the location is so peaceful (we did not have our wedding there but you can; they have an awesome outdoor location). Chef Wecker and his staff create the most amazing food and his daughter does awesome cakes and pastries! Matt and Bethany helped us organize our event. They were very easy to work with. We loved all the food we tasted, from the appetizers through the main courses to the cake. The day of was seamless. The Elkridge staff did an amazing job of setting the place up and managing the cocktail and dining hours. Their staff was courteous and fun. It could not have been a more perfect day and experience. The best part is that they are a year-round restaurant so we can go back again whenever we feel like it! Use this venue!

Sent on 03/21/2018

The Elkridge Furnace Inn's reply:

Uber happy our whole Team of Wedding Professionals came together to make this Wedding Day happen for you, Henry. Now you are part of our Elkridge Furnace Inn Family and we look forward to seeing you and your lovely bride over many years...! "Mrs." Chef

Katie · Married on 02/24/2018

I could not asked for a better experience. The staff was very responsive to my needs and made my wedding perfect. I highly recommend the Elkridge Furnace Inn because the value and how easy they make the wedding process. They provided our food, cake, tables, linens, etc. We didn't have to do a thing besides contact a florist and show up!

Sent on 03/21/2018
    The Elkridge Furnace Inn 2

The Elkridge Furnace Inn's reply:

It was our joy and our pleasure to be a part of this amazing time in your lives Katie and Jeff. Everything really was amazingly elegant and well thought out. You and your Mom were a great team on the decorative front. So glad you are part of our Elkridge Furnace Inn family!

Kendall · Married on 11/25/2017

WOW! WOW! WOW! Choose the Inn! They are amazing! They went above and beyond helping us make our day perfect. They met with us countless times, answered our thousands of annoying and overly detail obsessed emails and delivered the perfect wedding! THE FOOD WAS AMAZING! The staff is OUT OF THIS WORLD! Bethany worked with us non-stop with a smile on her face the whole time. One of their bartenders, Theresa, stayed late far after the wedding ended to make sure one of our elderly guests made it home safely. She even called the cab company to demand that they came in a timely manner and let the guest wait in her car where it was warm. She even offered to drive them home herself. That's amazing. That's caring about people. That's what the Inn is all about. They care and it shows. They do their job better than anyone you've ever seen and they truly love it. I would do it all again and choose the Inn every time.

Sent on 12/18/2017

The Elkridge Furnace Inn's reply:

Everything was splendid for a truly memorable Winter Wedding, Kendall. Loved all your decor with the evergreen theme. We were happy to provide the setting and food for your Magical Day. Thanks for the compliments! We'll pass them on to our staff... All the best with your new marriage!

Jessica · Married on 11/04/2017

I cannot say enough about the wonderful wedding team at the Elkridge Furnace Inn! I wanted an all-in-one venue because I found wedding planning overwhelming. From the moment I visited and saw the beautiful gardens, lovely tent, and heard about the creativity of the chef and their use of ingredients they grow themselves, I knew we had found our venue! THE FOOD: We designed a rather unique menu that would showcase my Norwegian and my husband's Filipino heritages, and the EFI team took it and ran! We got soooo many compliments on our delicious food. THE DAY: The EFI staff work very hard to make sure that the Bride and Groom actually ENJOY their wedding day. There were two ladies assigned to follow us around and make sure we had samples of all the food and a rotation of wine, gin and tonics, and water throughout the entire night. It allowed us to focus on the day and the guests but still get our food and drink needs met :D Plus the wedding coordinator was on site the whole day to make sure everything went smoothly. I didn't have to worry about a single thing -- they handled everything from working with the DJ to getting our table decorations just perfect to making sure everyone was in the right place with the right stuff at the right time. How many brides can say they actually RELAXED on their wedding day?? But that's exactly what I did! THE VENUE: One word: stunning! We had tulle and fairy lights, and it looked like a scene out of a fantasy storybook. With a wedding in November we weren't sure if we would do inside or outside until a couple of days before. We decided to have it inside, and I'm so glad that we did, because it was just beautiful! The EFI staff set up lovely lighting and an alter area, and everyone was able to enjoy the ceremony in a comfortable temperature. Bottom line: The EFI is amazing at what they do, and I couldn't imagine having had our wedding anywhere else!

The Elkridge Furnace Inn 3

Vivian · Married on 09/03/2017

Elkridge Furnace Inn is Wonderful! We had our wedding there on Sep 3rd 2017. It turned out to be a very beautiful day and great for the beautiful outdoor venue. Donna and her husband are very nice and helpful. Bathany did everything according to my will and even beyound for the arrangement!! All the staff are very nice and professional. Definitely, the food are awesome. We received so many compliments on our wedding/wedding venue. Pictures looks gorgeous from this venue.Cannot be more happy! Best choice.

Laura · Married on 07/29/2017

Thank you so much to Donna and Chef Daniel were absolutely amazing! I could not imagine getting married anywhere else. The service from the first time I called to schedule a tour of the grounds until after the wedding was over was absolutely amazing. The venue itself is stunning- pictures are perfect both inside and outside. We got married in July at EFI and were worried it would be too hot in the tent. As soon as we arrived, our guest were complaining that it was too cold in the tent! (although it heated up thanks to our DJ and all of the dancing!) . The attention to detail that the staff has is amazing. The day of coordinator and service team were beyond words. They were always available to answer questions and spend as much time as was needed to go over any details for the wedding- from food questions, to timelines, decorations, or billing questions. Our guests could not stop raving about the food! Chef did an amazing job with the food, and helped us find food options that would work with all of our guests and their dietary needs. My husband and I are so happy that we chose EFI as our wedding venue, and we cant thank Donna and Chef enough for making it a day we will never forget.

The Elkridge Furnace Inn 4
    The Elkridge Furnace Inn 5
    The Elkridge Furnace Inn 6
    The Elkridge Furnace Inn 7

Amy · Married on 07/16/2017

We hosted a small wedding in the Manor House (~35 people) rather than the outdoor tent or garden area. It was absolutely beautiful, the staff were super attentive and the food was amazing! We will be back for our anniversary!

Gina · Married on 06/18/2017

The staff at the Elkridge Furnace in were amazing throughout the planning process, and the day of! They were extremely attentive to our needs, I never went without a drink in my hand and the day went incredibly smoothly. We were able to drop off all the decorations and they set it up perfectly, and they were so efficient in packing up everything at the end! The food was great, and they packed us to go boxes for a midnight snack, which was so thoughtful considering we were so busy talking to everyone the day of, we didn't get to properly eat during the wedding! I would highly recommend this venue!

To the staff at the Elkridge Furnance Inn, thanks again!

Sent on 03/27/2018

The Elkridge Furnace Inn's reply:

Thanks for your thoughtful review Gina! Weddings are full of planning and details...our goal is seamless, stress-less Weddings. So glad you both enjoyed your Very Special Day!

mary · Married on 04/29/2017

This is a beautiful place for a wedding. My daughter's wedding was there 10 days ago. We had 145 guests. The setting is beautiful. The food is delicious and the staff is so professional and accommodating. Couldn't have been nicer.

• Catie

Catie · Married on 10/14/2016

My wedding is next year and I am so excited! it is a beautiful location and they have treated me so well preparing for my big day. Christine is always available and happy to answer any of the ongoing questions I continue to have!

Dan · Married on 09/18/2016

the staff at elkridge furnace inn have been amzing in helping us plan our wedding. i cant wait to have our wedding there

Carldrickiss · Married on 03/26/2016

My wife (fiancé at the time) and I had visited two other venues after we went here thinking we would be able to get a better deal for a spring/summer time deal. After going back and forth on the dates, Christene, our sales associate at the Elkridge Furnace Inn offered us the winter package for 2016 which was within our budget. It was also November at the time so it was hard to judge if we would be able to plan with short notice. Since it was a March wedding we were reluctant because of the Maryland weather but we prayed for a miracle and got it. It was 57 degrees and sunny. The flowers were just starting to blossom as if the orbit was in sync with our very special day. Aly Smith (coordinator) was so responsive and was able to accommodate for a multi-cultural experience. There were certain traditions we wanted to add to the wedding seeing as though this was a union of Korean and Black. Aly made sure that the venue was able to provide us with all of our requests. The staff was absolutely amazing and friendly. They personalized the experience in a way that we felt they were more than just the staff. Aly was very calm with us and we loved her personality as well as her warm smile. Our food was cooked to perfection and the dance floor was big enough that we were able to fit a good amount of our 140 guests on the dance floor for "the wobble" and "cha cha slide". As the groom, my glass was filled with mimosas the whole time. I didn't have to ask because when the staff member attending us saw me getting low, she came over to ask if I needed a refill. The venue itself was scenic in the sense that it was out of a Disney movie with the flowers starting to bloom around the historic inn. I don't know what else I could say to highlight our five star experience. The only thing I would change to our daytime wedding would be to add an additional hour so that we could get some good quality dancing in. Other than that, our special day was out of this world.

Denise · Married on 11/14/2015

I have no idea where to start...so I guess I'll start with the easy part...Aly, Cameron, Christene, Michelle - THANK YOU SO MUCH. It was so easy to work with ALL of you, you truly are a well-oiled machine of a team. Nothing phased your team and for that, we will be forever grateful :) The venue itself is gorgeous and had so much history, which won our hearts over immediately. We had only seen one other venue at that point. EFI was the second and basically last because we booked them not long after meeting with Cameron, touring, and having questions answered.
    I'd also done my research on the EFI food - a 4-star french restaurant with locally grown food, partially from their own backyard? Yes please. The food was absolutely on point. Michael and I couldn't get enough of the Maryland fried chicken; we even asked for second helpings! And yes, we were warned time and again that "you won't get to eat much as the wedding couple" but thanks to our amazing EFI bridal attendant (and our ability to scarf delicious food quicker than ever), we had helpings from both buffet stations and then some! And let me tell you about the cake...I ordered a surprise cake for my husband and it was a TARDIS. An incredibly difficult piece of work as a cake and Genelle, the exec pastry chef, pulled it off magnificently. I only wish i'd had time to thank her personally for it!
    On the planning side and the months leading up to the wedding, it was so, so, so easy to work with Aly on the finer details and with Michelle/Christene with the invoicing. On my side, I made sure to have every detail laid out so that it would be easy for Aly and her team. They executed everything PERFECTLY! And if I missed anything, all it took was a quick word and it was done. No worries, no stresses. I had absolute faith and trust in the EFI and their team. They are an incredibly busy venue and yet they never miss a beat and when it's your day, they absolutely do everything to make it exactly that, your special day.

Sent on 12/16/2015

The Elkridge Furnace Inn's reply:

Thank you for all of the kind words! It was an honor for all of us to be a part of your big day. Congratulations again!

Nina · Married on 10/17/2015

My husband and I had scheduled several meetings at different venues when we were looking to find our wedding venue and The Elkridge Furnace Inn was our first stop. Let me just tell you we cancelled the rest of our scheduled meetings because we instantly knew that we wanted to have our wedding at EFI. They provide an indoor and outdoor ceremony option (incase of rain). The chef owns the restaurant and entire site so you can literally choose whatever food you would like that caters to your wants and what fits in with what you can afford. Its so convenient for your guests to have a ceremony and reception at the same beautiful location. Also, they provide a groom and bridal suite that you can utilize the entire day and when you have scheduled your wedding you have access to the entire grounds along with your guests. EFI stood out to me because you don't feel like your wedding isn't special or unique to them. When its your time the focus and entire venue is about you and your day. I was able to arrive at 9 am to get ready in which they provide you with fruits and cheeses and mimosas and champagne (all included in the package). They have coordinators that work directly with you and are there all day making sure everything is going well and that you have received drinks and food if you need it. You don't need to hire a wedding planner because they have one already in place for you within the package details. Everything went as planned, the food was delicious and WE ACTUALLY GOT TO EAT OUR FOOD (thanks to Aly)! We received so many compliments about how beautiful the venue was and how great the food was. The chef even came up and spoke to my husband and I and congratulated us. We were able to stay at a hotel five minutes from EFI and five minutes from the airport. The following morning my husband and I were able to shuttle to the airport in minutes and head off to our honeymoon!! Were so thankful to have chosen EFI and can't thank their staff enough!

Kim · Married on 10/03/2015

My husband and I got married during the week of hurricane Joaquin. We has planned for our ceremony to be outside and the reception inside. Obviously that could not happen, however we were not disappointed. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. It is historical so it give it a unique touch that banquet halls just can't give you. The staff is wonderful! Very helpful and want to do right by their bride and groom. Aly was awesome, she kept the evening flowing and took care of all the details so I had nothing to worry about. The food was amazing! It's fantastic here because you can pick your menu since it is chef owned and operated. We and our guests had such a terrific time. My husband and I could not be happier with how out night turned out!

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/21/2015

Chris and I got married August 21. The grounds are beautiful, the ceremony space is gorgeous, and the staff works so hard to make your day special. I was looking for a romantic and vintage-feeling venue and my husband's first priority was fantastic food. We found all we wanted and more in Elkridge Furnace Inn. Christene and Aly were very helpful and kept in touch periodically to make sure every one was on the same page. Every one of my guests complimented me on the food. The bar tenders were friendly and all our guests were pleased with the service. I cannot stress how perfect our wedding was and it was in a large part thanks to the staff

Jacqueline · Married on 08/01/2015

NACHO BAR!

My fiance Frank and I had no idea what type of venue we wanted when we first started our search for our ceremony and reception venue. When we came to The Elkridge Furnace Inn, we just KNEW that this would be our place. It is crazy, but this place just has such good feeling to it, and when you combine that with the amazing staff and fabulous food, you certainly have a winner.

As we were moving through the wedding process, even the wedding day, everyone around me remarked about how calm I was and that is all because of the EFI. When you book your day with them, you can rest assured that everything will be taken care of and that you will be in good hands. From the very beginning, ever staff member was incredibly responsive and polite. If you sent an email at 8 PM, you will most likely be getting one back that night or early the next morning. During the wedding day, there is a team of people that are there to help you and your guests stay on track and happy. From directing traffic, to answering questions, to getting us drinks, the level of service that they provided was exceptional.

What I loved most though, was how the staff was willing to work with you to make the day truly yours. We did station service for our reception and one of the stations that I wanted was a nacho bar. Chef said no problem at all, and during the reception they were frying chips to order for our guests. This was definitely the highlight of the wedding! Our guests RAVED about all of the food but could not get enough of those nachos! My advice to engaged couples is to go with what makes you happy, and the team at the Elkridge Furnace Inn will make it happen for you.

Cameron and Aly were amazingly lovely. They kept us on track, kept us calm, kept us laughing, fed and dancing. Chef took time to come into the reception and check on us and make sure that everything was okay and that we were having a good time. Love!

Bob · Married on 06/06/2015

Wedding was June 6, 2015. EFI was exceptional...delicious food, fabulous service, spectacular venue. Could not be happier
    with our wedding reception venue and the support and attentiveness we received. Highly recommend.

Ann · Married on 06/06/2015

A truly perfect wedding! The food, the cake, the wait staff, the gardens...absolute perfection!