171 Reviews for The Elkridge Furnace Inn

House Liquor (2)
Family Style (1)
Limited Bar (1)
171 The Elkridge Furnace Inn Reviews

I cannot say enough about the wonderful wedding team at the Elkridge Furnace Inn! I wanted an all-in-one venue because I found wedding planning overwhelming. From the moment I visited and saw the beautiful gardens, lovely tent, and heard about the creativity of the chef and their use of ingredients they grow themselves, I knew we had found our venue! THE FOOD: We designed a rather unique menu that would showcase my Norwegian and my husband's Filipino heritages, and the EFI team took it and ran! We got soooo many compliments on our delicious food. THE DAY: The EFI staff work very hard to make sure that the Bride and Groom actually ENJOY their wedding day. There were two ladies assigned to follow us around and make sure we had samples of all the food and a rotation of wine, gin and tonics, and water throughout the entire night. It allowed us to focus on the day and the guests but still get our food and drink needs met :D Plus the wedding coordinator was on site the whole day to make sure everything went smoothly. I didn't have to worry about a single thing -- they handled everything from working with the DJ to getting our table decorations just perfect to making sure everyone was in the right place with the right stuff at the right time. How many brides can say they actually RELAXED on their wedding day?? But that's exactly what I did! THE VENUE: One word: stunning! We had tulle and fairy lights, and it looked like a scene out of a fantasy storybook. With a wedding in November we weren't sure if we would do inside or outside until a couple of days before. We decided to have it inside, and I'm so glad that we did, because it was just beautiful! The EFI staff set up lovely lighting and an alter area, and everyone was able to enjoy the ceremony in a comfortable temperature. Bottom line: The EFI is amazing at what they do, and I couldn't imagine having had our wedding anywhere else!

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Elkridge Furnace Inn is Wonderful! We had our wedding there on Sep 3rd 2017. It turned out to be a very beautiful day and great for the beautiful outdoor venue. Donna and her husband are very nice and helpful. Bathany did everything according to my will and even beyound for the arrangement!! All the staff are very nice and professional. Definitely, the food are awesome. We received so many compliments on our wedding/wedding venue. Pictures looks gorgeous from this venue.Cannot be more happy! Best choice.

Profile Picture Vivian, 9/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Thank you so much to Donna and Chef Daniel were absolutely amazing! I could not imagine getting married anywhere else. The service from the first time I called to schedule a tour of the grounds until after the wedding was over was absolutely amazing. The venue itself is stunning- pictures are perfect both inside and outside. We got married in July at EFI and were worried it would be too hot in the tent. As soon as we arrived, our guest were complaining that it was too cold in the tent! (although it heated up thanks to our DJ and all of the dancing!) . The attention to detail that the staff has is amazing. The day of coordinator and service team were beyond words. They were always available to answer questions and spend as much time as was needed to go over any details for the wedding- from food questions, to timelines, decorations, or billing questions. Our guests could not stop raving about the food! Chef did an amazing job with the food, and helped us find food options that would work with all of our guests and their dietary needs. My husband and I are so happy that we chose EFI as our wedding venue, and we cant thank Donna and Chef enough for making it a day we will never forget.

Profile Picture Laura, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We hosted a small wedding in the Manor House (~35 people) rather than the outdoor tent or garden area. It was absolutely beautiful, the staff were super attentive and the food was amazing! We will be back for our anniversary!

Profile Picture Amy, 7/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

This is a beautiful place for a wedding. My daughter's wedding was there 10 days ago. We had 145 guests. The setting is beautiful. The food is delicious and the staff is so professional and accommodating. Couldn't have been nicer.

Profile Picture mary, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

My wedding is next year and I am so excited! it is a beautiful location and they have treated me so well preparing for my big day. Christine is always available and happy to answer any of the ongoing questions I continue to have!

Profile Picture Catie, 10/14/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

the staff at elkridge furnace inn have been amzing in helping us plan our wedding. i cant wait to have our wedding there

Profile Picture Dan, 9/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Cake, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

My wife (fiancé at the time) and I had visited two other venues after we went here thinking we would be able to get a better deal for a spring/summer time deal. After going back and forth on the dates, Christene, our sales associate at the Elkridge Furnace Inn offered us the winter package for 2016 which was within our budget. It was also November at the time so it was hard to judge if we would be able to plan with short notice. Since it was a March wedding we were reluctant because of the Maryland weather but we prayed for a miracle and got it. It was 57 degrees and sunny. The flowers were just starting to blossom as if the orbit was in sync with our very special day. Aly Smith (coordinator) was so responsive and was able to accommodate for a multi-cultural experience. There were certain traditions we wanted to add to the wedding seeing as though this was a union of Korean and Black. Aly made sure that the venue was able to provide us with all of our requests. The staff was absolutely amazing and friendly. They personalized the experience in a way that we felt they were more than just the staff. Aly was very calm with us and we loved her personality as well as her warm smile. Our food was cooked to perfection and the dance floor was big enough that we were able to fit a good amount of our 140 guests on the dance floor for "the wobble" and "cha cha slide". As the groom, my glass was filled with mimosas the whole time. I didn't have to ask because when the staff member attending us saw me getting low, she came over to ask if I needed a refill. The venue itself was scenic in the sense that it was out of a Disney movie with the flowers starting to bloom around the historic inn. I don't know what else I could say to highlight our five star experience. The only thing I would change to our daytime wedding would be to add an additional hour so that we could get some good quality dancing in. Other than that, our special day was out of this world.

Profile Picture Carldrickiss, 3/26/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Cake, Event Planning

I have no idea where to start...so I guess I'll start with the easy part...Aly, Cameron, Christene, Michelle - THANK YOU SO MUCH. It was so easy to work with ALL of you, you truly are a well-oiled machine of a team. Nothing phased your team and for that, we will be forever grateful :) The venue itself is gorgeous and had so much history, which won our hearts over immediately. We had only seen one other venue at that point. EFI was the second and basically last because we booked them not long after meeting with Cameron, touring, and having questions answered.
I'd also done my research on the EFI food - a 4-star french restaurant with locally grown food, partially from their own backyard? Yes please. The food was absolutely on point. Michael and I couldn't get enough of the Maryland fried chicken; we even asked for second helpings! And yes, we were warned time and again that "you won't get to eat much as the wedding couple" but thanks to our amazing EFI bridal attendant (and our ability to scarf delicious food quicker than ever), we had helpings from both buffet stations and then some! And let me tell you about the cake...I ordered a surprise cake for my husband and it was a TARDIS. An incredibly difficult piece of work as a cake and Genelle, the exec pastry chef, pulled it off magnificently. I only wish i'd had time to thank her personally for it!
On the planning side and the months leading up to the wedding, it was so, so, so easy to work with Aly on the finer details and with Michelle/Christene with the invoicing. On my side, I made sure to have every detail laid out so that it would be easy for Aly and her team. They executed everything PERFECTLY! And if I missed anything, all it took was a quick word and it was done. No worries, no stresses. I had absolute faith and trust in the EFI and their team. They are an incredibly busy venue and yet they never miss a beat and when it's your day, they absolutely do everything to make it exactly that, your special day.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Denise, 11/14/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Stations, Bartender(s), House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, Cake, Indoor

My husband and I had scheduled several meetings at different venues when we were looking to find our wedding venue and The Elkridge Furnace Inn was our first stop. Let me just tell you we cancelled the rest of our scheduled meetings because we instantly knew that we wanted to have our wedding at EFI. They provide an indoor and outdoor ceremony option (incase of rain). The chef owns the restaurant and entire site so you can literally choose whatever food you would like that caters to your wants and what fits in with what you can afford. Its so convenient for your guests to have a ceremony and reception at the same beautiful location. Also, they provide a groom and bridal suite that you can utilize the entire day and when you have scheduled your wedding you have access to the entire grounds along with your guests. EFI stood out to me because you don't feel like your wedding isn't special or unique to them. When its your time the focus and entire venue is about you and your day. I was able to arrive at 9 am to get ready in which they provide you with fruits and cheeses and mimosas and champagne (all included in the package). They have coordinators that work directly with you and are there all day making sure everything is going well and that you have received drinks and food if you need it. You don't need to hire a wedding planner because they have one already in place for you within the package details. Everything went as planned, the food was delicious and WE ACTUALLY GOT TO EAT OUR FOOD (thanks to Aly)! We received so many compliments about how beautiful the venue was and how great the food was. The chef even came up and spoke to my husband and I and congratulated us. We were able to stay at a hotel five minutes from EFI and five minutes from the airport. The following morning my husband and I were able to shuttle to the airport in minutes and head off to our honeymoon!! Were so thankful to have chosen EFI and can't thank their staff enough!

Profile Picture Nina, 10/17/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Event Planning, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Signature Drink, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations

My husband and I got married during the week of hurricane Joaquin. We has planned for our ceremony to be outside and the reception inside. Obviously that could not happen, however we were not disappointed. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. It is historical so it give it a unique touch that banquet halls just can't give you. The staff is wonderful! Very helpful and want to do right by their bride and groom. Aly was awesome, she kept the evening flowing and took care of all the details so I had nothing to worry about. The food was amazing! It's fantastic here because you can pick your menu since it is chef owned and operated. We and our guests had such a terrific time. My husband and I could not be happier with how out night turned out!

Profile Picture Kim, 10/3/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Cake, Event Planning, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Chris and I got married August 21. The grounds are beautiful, the ceremony space is gorgeous, and the staff works so hard to make your day special. I was looking for a romantic and vintage-feeling venue and my husband's first priority was fantastic food. We found all we wanted and more in Elkridge Furnace Inn. Christene and Aly were very helpful and kept in touch periodically to make sure every one was on the same page. Every one of my guests complimented me on the food. The bar tenders were friendly and all our guests were pleased with the service. I cannot stress how perfect our wedding was and it was in a large part thanks to the staff

Profile Picture Kaitlyn , 8/21/15, 1 Review

NACHO BAR!

My fiance Frank and I had no idea what type of venue we wanted when we first started our search for our ceremony and reception venue. When we came to The Elkridge Furnace Inn, we just KNEW that this would be our place. It is crazy, but this place just has such good feeling to it, and when you combine that with the amazing staff and fabulous food, you certainly have a winner.

As we were moving through the wedding process, even the wedding day, everyone around me remarked about how calm I was and that is all because of the EFI. When you book your day with them, you can rest assured that everything will be taken care of and that you will be in good hands. From the very beginning, ever staff member was incredibly responsive and polite. If you sent an email at 8 PM, you will most likely be getting one back that night or early the next morning. During the wedding day, there is a team of people that are there to help you and your guests stay on track and happy. From directing traffic, to answering questions, to getting us drinks, the level of service that they provided was exceptional.

What I loved most though, was how the staff was willing to work with you to make the day truly yours. We did station service for our reception and one of the stations that I wanted was a nacho bar. Chef said no problem at all, and during the reception they were frying chips to order for our guests. This was definitely the highlight of the wedding! Our guests RAVED about all of the food but could not get enough of those nachos! My advice to engaged couples is to go with what makes you happy, and the team at the Elkridge Furnace Inn will make it happen for you.

Cameron and Aly were amazingly lovely. They kept us on track, kept us calm, kept us laughing, fed and dancing. Chef took time to come into the reception and check on us and make sure that everything was okay and that we were having a good time. Love!

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wedding was June 6, 2015. EFI was exceptional...delicious food, fabulous service, spectacular venue. Could not be happier
with our wedding reception venue and the support and attentiveness we received. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Bob, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

A truly perfect wedding! The food, the cake, the wait staff, the gardens...absolute perfection!

Profile Picture Ann, 6/6/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

We couldn't have asked for a better experience! Everyone at the Elkridge Furnace Inn was wonderful, and it is a beautiful location. Christene gave us a tour around the property and I fell in love immediately, especially with the outdoor ceremony area. After choosing some details about the food we wanted for the cocktail hour and dinner, she quickly gave us an estimate. Whenever I emailed her or Tad, they answered within 24 hours. And we met Chef Dan Wecker several times--he made sure we had gluten-free and dairy-free options for our guests and was so accommodating. All of our guests raved about how much they loved the venue, the food, everything! You can't go wrong when you choose EFI.

Profile Picture Mary, 5/30/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

When I was searching for venues, which pretty much started the day after I got engaged (maybe even the night of), I knew I wanted an outdoor wedding at a mansion/inn type place followed by a reception at the same venue. If you're a bride considering the Elkridge Furnace Inn, you probably are looking at the same places I did (and I dragged my poor fiancé to see all of them, there isn't a historic inn in the state of Maryland that he hasn't begrudgingly visited), and I cannot advise you enough - choose this one. This is a full service wedding venue, and that full service is 5 star quality. There are plenty of reviews about the quality of the staff, and they are all true (but let me throw a shout out to my bridal attendants Megan and Taylor, because you girls were rock stars) - I will add this, they love what they do and it shows in their work. I had a buffet style dinner, and throw whatever conception you have of buffet food out the window, because this was fine dining deliciousness buffet (order the fried mac and cheese hor dourves by the way, you won't be sorry). Christine and Tad are above all, skilled professionals. My husband (so weird to type!!) and I had an amazing time at our wedding, and that's the way it should be.

Profile Picture User5127816, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I chose The Elkridge Furnace Inn to have our wedding. It was so beautiful and the perfect time of year to have an outdoor ceremony. All of the trees and flowers on the property were in full bloom so the scenery was perfect for our photos. The estate was beautiful inside and out with a very vintage feel. We were also able to add our own special touches wherever we wanted. An added bonus was the large tent that is already on the property to use for our reception. And the food was delicious!! So many choices to offer our guests. We were extremely happy with their services.

Profile Picture Christina, 5/8/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wow is all I can say about our experience at the Elkridge Furnance Inn. Our May 2nd wedding was just perfect and went off beautifully. Tad ran our event and was great!!! He was on top of every detail and made me feel at ease. All of the staff at the Furnace Inn were so nice and helpful. I am so glad that I picked this venue. Our ceremony and reception were here and parking was plentiful so it made the experience convenient for guests. The grounds are maintained so well and the location is secluded so the event feels more intimate. The food....oh my goodness, amazing. Our guests could not stop talking about the crab cakes at our Maryland table and the NY strip at our carving station. They are so flexible when it comes to the menu. They basically say here are some examples from other event menus but tell us what you want. They even made my mini fish tacos with marguerita shooters for cocktail hour. I would definitely recommend the Furnace Inn!

Profile Picture Emily , 5/2/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There are not enough great things I can say about the Elkridge Furnace Inn (EFI). From the first interaction we had as guests of the amazing restaurant to our final farewell on our wedding day, the staff and experience at EFI is one of a kind. The grounds and mansion are perfectly maintained. Even though our wedding was still relatively early in the spring season and it had been a particularly cold winter, it felt like EFI summoned the plants into blooming just for us. They have strategically planted so that no matter what time of year it is, it is a beautiful and picturesque location. Since my husband and I are foodies, food was a really important aspect of our wedding and EFI excels in this area. We first fell in love with their perfectly cooked steaks in their restaurant. Every time we ate there, the quality of the food was stellar. The food from our wedding was no different; it was just as delicious on the day of our wedding as it was when we did our tasting. All of their menus are customizable, even down to garnish and other details. Our guests complimented the food constantly. Finally, I am convinced there is no better staff who could have managed the details of our wedding. Even though Tad is a relatively new addition to EFI, it feels like he has been working there forever. He made time to meet with us beforehand to make sure he understood all of the details and flow of the day. When we dropped off all of the personal items and decorations, he ensured he knew where everything was supposed to go. Ally was our bridal hostess and she was just delightful. She checked in just enough to make sure we had everything we needed, and did not become overbearing in any way. Chef Wecker, who is not only the executive chef but also the owner of EFI, made a personal appearance just about every time we went there, including giving personal congratulations on our wedding day. EFI truly encompasses the definition of hospitality - highly recommend it!

Profile Picture Stacey, 4/26/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Elkridge Furnace Inn is a dream that came to life. We had an amazing wedding there in April 2015. The flowers had bloomed and the entire venue was decorated in nature. It was like a garden, green and full of beautiful flowers and Dogwoods. Chef Dan and his staff are all a wonderfully supportive and creative group of people. They not only created a fantastic event, but also handled all the food and our wedding cake. I always had access to the wedding planning team and always received a quick response anytime I had questions. The event was exactly how I had always dreamed our wedding would be. It was elegant with a touch of home mixed in to make it the perfect night. We enjoyed 3 different types of culinary delight in the stations Chef Dan suggested. A mixture of North Carolina southern cuisine and Maryland seafood with Crab cakes and Rock fish. Everything was delicious. As the Bride, I couldn't have asked for a better experience, even when I was at my most stressed times, the wedding coordinator and catering manager kept things on track and made me feel at ease. I was most impressed with the help we received on the day of the wedding. Everything was planned and executed at just the right times. We had someone assisting us at every turn. We were never without a beverage or a plate of yummy goodness. We danced the night away and worried for nothing. We love the Inn and the people that make it so special. Thank you EFI for a wonderful memory!!!

Profile Picture User3246431, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

WHERE DO I BEGIN!?!?
Elkridge Furnace Inn was amazing. It was one of the last venues that we had looked at, and prior to seeing them we were pretty sure that we had picked a different venue but we thought that we might as well look at all the options we had picked. And boy am I glad that we did.
The minute we pulled up to Elkridge our mouths dropped open. It is the most beautiful and unique venue. We met with Christene who helped us through the entire process. She is one of the most honest and helpful people!! We knew right away this was the venue we wanted.
Even going through a few changes (on our part) on where the ceremony would be, Christene was willing to help no matter what. During our tour we met with the Chef, he asked what our backgrounds were and when he found out I was Ukrainian he told me about how he did a wedding for another Ukrainian girl. He might be the most amazing Chef ever. He studies different food from every where and will make you whatever you want!
We came for our food tasting, and we about fell over and died because it was so delicious.
During the wedding planning, Christene and Tad both were so helpful. I had never planned a wedding before and there were things I had no idea how to do. But they were always there to help us and answer questions.
Tad was absolutely amazing the day of the wedding. At one point someone said "weddings are a girls thing" and you could tell that he took a little offense to it. And as well he should!! He was amazing and he did everything he could that day to make our wedding perfect. Weddings are Tad's thing!!
I don't remember the lady's name, but she was there the whole day for me and the groom. She got us food and drinks and I don't think we even had to lift a finger, she even helped me get into the limo on the way the church and helped carry my train too!! (I feel horrible I can't remember her name but if someone from Elkridge reads this, please make sure she sees this!!)
THANK YOU!!
Dylan and Xenya

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Xenya, 4/17/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Elkridge Furnace Inn was a beautiful location to host our wedding. Everyone we worked with over the course of planning the wedding was professional and did an amazing job. We also got our wedding cake from EFI and it was delicious. Overall we had a wonderful experience working with the EFI and would highly recommend this as a wedding venue.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 11/7/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We were married on October 24, 2014 at a church and had our reception at the Elkridge Furnace Inn. We fell in love with the place in January 2014 while searching for venues for our big day. The Menu was amazing and the staff were so helpful up until the last minute of the reception! I have to eat gluten free, and the chef was very accommodating ensuring there was plenty of gluten free options (even gluten free pasta)! We had our formal photos taken at the ceremony point, and it was beautiful! Our wedding day was perfect and the staff at the Elkridge Furnace Inn helped in this!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/24/14, 5 Reviews