The Ebell of Los Angeles Reviews

54 | Los Angeles, CA

54 Reviews for The Ebell of Los Angeles

Jill · Married on 05/29/2016

We absolutely loved working with Jenny and the team at The Ebell! The venue is gorgeous, but also convenient for guests (both locals and out of towners). But, even more importantly, the staff and service are AMAZING! From the very beginning we loved working with Jenny who was extremely professional, thoughtful, flexible and fun We had several meetings with her to make certain every last detail was considered and executed to help make our wedding a truly wonderful event for us and our family. The day of our wedding, we were extremely relaxed because we knew Jenny and the Ebell team would take care of everything - and they definitely did! We were able to simply enjoy our wedding without any stress as each and every detail was thoughtfully coordinated. Our guests also commented on how wonderful and elegant the service of the staff was and delicious the food was! The Ebell helped us put together an amazing experience for us and our guests that we all enjoyed immensely. Thank you, Jenny! We HIGHLY recommend this venue and team!

Sent on 05/11/2017

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Thank you Jill for the review and for highlighting our rock star, Jenny! She sure cares about her clients and makes sure that they get the attention and care that's expected when planning such an extraordinary occasion. Our entire special events team takes the same care and we are so glad that you and your guests had the experience that you hoped for from day one. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of the best day of your life. We wish you happiness and love and all things wonderful.

Lauren · Married on 11/14/2015

I knew I was going to get married at the Ebell the minute I walked through the doors! The venue is absolutely stunning and the staff is beyond helpful! I started with Tiffany, but unfortunately she left for another job. Michael picked up where she left off and he was amazing! So helpful, so friendly and went above and beyond to make the day special!

Chef Louis and his team did a marvelous job!

All the guests kept saying the whole evening was like a fairy tale! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect evening!

Sent on 11/19/2015

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Lauren, thank you for the kudos! It was a joy celebrating your wedding day - we are all delighted to have been a part of such a momentous occasion...! Come visit us soon!

The Ebell of Los Angeles is an absolutely stunning venue! It was love at first sight with the Ebell for us. The history, elegance, and the experienced staff made our decision very easy. After seeing the venue and speaking with the staff, we couldn't wait to get married in this beautiful venue. We only gave ourselves just a few months to plan and were kinda worried that not everything would be accomplished in time. But the staff at The Ebell of Los Angeles guided us through our planning prior to the big day and everything turned out amazing! The venue looked beautiful on our big day. There was someone by our side through out the day making sure we had everything we wanted. From drinks, appetizers, and dinner. They made us feel like a guest at our own wedding. We are so happy we chose The Ebell of Los Angeles. We have the staff at The Ebell to thank for a very memorable day :-) Thank you!

Sent on 12/31/2015

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Thank you for the beautifully stated review of The Ebell of Los Angeles. All of us in the Special Events Department love what we do and we are passionate about creating the best experience for each and every guest that walks through the door. We are thrilled to hear that your experience was a wonderful and memorable one. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your most special day. We wish you the very best as you take this journey through life together as husband and wife. It was a pleasure working with you, take care and please keep in touch.

From the moment that we visited The Ebell for our wedding reception location, we knew that it was the perfect place to host our wedding. The staff was incredibly warm, accommodating and professional and took special care of us from day one. Throughout the planning process, they were very helpful in answering our questions and were very responsive to all emails. And on the day of our wedding, we could not have dreamed of the day going more perfectly. From the impeccable, 5-star service, to the absolutely delicious food, to the beautiful venue - The Ebell team went above and beyond our dreams to deliver the most perfect, memorable day that we will always cherish. I could not speak highly enough of The Ebell team!!

Sent on 04/03/2016

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Nothing pleases us more than knowing that your memories of your Ebell Experience are above and beyond your highest expectations. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and kudos. From all of us at the Ebell of LA, congratulations and thank you for allowing us to be home to your most special celebration. Come visit us soon (and often)!

Katheryn · Married on 06/20/2015

I picked this venue to escape from the basic ballroom setting. The Ebell is a historical building that gave my wedding reception a vintage yet elegant vibe almost like old hollywood. I chose the art palor side of the venue which includes large cool looking dome shaped windows and a staircase to come down for a grand entrance. Staff was professional and on the ball. I had Anessa Birkemeier as my event manager she was the best. She was warm and bent over backwards to accomendate my needs. Overall the Ebell is a excellent venue to have your wedding.

Sent on 11/18/2015

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Thank you, Katheryn! We know how precious and important your wedding day is, and we are honored to have been a part of the celebration and magic. Heartfelt congrats to you!

Jennifer · Married on 10/19/2014

Our wedding at the Ebell was a wonderful experience, from the planning process up though the event and after. Anessa was a dream to work with, and the Chef and his staff created a wonderful menu for us that showcased our family traditions. It was a flawless, fun day, and so many of our guests complimented the beauty of the space, remarking that it is so unusual to find a space like this in Los Angeles.

Sent on 10/17/2014

Monica · Married on 09/20/2014

Top-notch service, excellent food, great communication with Michael and Anessa throughout the planning process. It's a very special, authentic LA venue that is just gorgeous with a lot of versatility for different sized parties. I am beyond thrilled to have had my wedding here!

Sent on 10/14/2014

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Monica, thank you for your kind words and praises. It was such an honor being home to your wedding day celebration. Thank you for being a part of our legacy and for allowing us to be a part of yours....
    From all of us at the Ebell, CONGRATULATIONS!!

Melissa · Married on 02/08/2014

As a wedding coordinator, I can not say enough about this venue. I was not involved in the negotiating of the Ebell contract, because I was hired after my clients had already signed their agreement. But from my first meeting with Anessa, to the amazing day-of staff, and the flawless food, I would 100 percent suggest this venue. It is worth every penny!!

Sent on 02/28/2014

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

WOW! Thank you for sharing your experience and impressions. The applause of such a seasoned and excellent event professional as yourself is so very appreciated and we are thrilled that your time at the Ebell left such a great impression.

I just had my wedding ceremony and reception at the Ebell, and can't say enough great things about this venue! The entire wedding planning process, from start to finish, was a dream because of the superlative professionalism and sheer warmth of the Ebell staff. We've been so impressed by everything at the Ebell- from an events staff that feels like a family, to incredible food (our guests commented it was by far the most delicious food of any wedding they've attended!), to a historical space that is stunningly well-kept, magical, unique.

I worked very closely with Lauren on the events staff for months on end planning the wedding, and she is a dream. She managed to respond to all of my emails and requests to visit the space with various vendors within minutes of my sending emails, and pre-empted my own emails by thinking ahead for me. Every time I dropped in to the Ebell, Lauren and Anessa were there, smiling, warm, and calm- which really matters when you are planning an event for 160 people for the first time in your life, and might otherwise be overwhelmed with feelings of panic and disorganization! Right before I walked down the aisle, Lauren was up in the bridal chamber hallway making sure I had everything I needed, and sweetly gave me a thumbs-up. And this is really why I loved the Ebell- having your wedding there feels like an intimate family affair- I can't stress how much it matters to have staff really enthusiastically working with you and making sure you are truly satisfied and delighted with everything on the day.

Beyond these wonderful aspects to the Ebell, the in-house food is glorious. Coming up to the wedding, we were trying to figure out whether to go with an outside caterer or go with the Ebell's Chef. We opted to do a tasting with Chef and make our decision afterwards- and managed only to get through the salad course before it was clear we'd have to go with Chef!

Thank you to the Ebell! I now can't imagine getting married anywhere else!

Sent on 09/10/2013

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It thrills all of us to hear that your wedding day was above and beyond anything you could imagine. Congratulations and happy honeymooning (and call us soon to plan your anniversary party!!)
    XOXO
    The Ebell Special Events Team
    Melissa, Chef Louis, Anessa, Lauren & Nicole

Ariella · Married on 05/26/2013

My husband and I got married here on May 26, 2013 and could not be more impressed by the venue and their staff. Every single one of our guests raved about how perfect this place was. From the courtyard to the ballroom, this place is absolutely gorgeous. We had the pleasure of working with Anessa Birkemeier who is the Event Supervisor at The Ebell and words cannot even describe how wonderful she is. We highly recommend this venue and feel lucky to have had our dream wedding at The Ebell of Los Angeles!

Sent on 06/04/2013

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

You know the universe is in alignment when there are tears at the wedding rehearsal...and that was from Anessa!! She continues to rave about what a magical and loving day we had at the Ebell; thank you for allowing us to be home to you and your loved ones on such a remarkable day... Love and joy to you always.... (Come visit us soon!)

Nicole · Married on 12/31/2012

The beauty of The Ebell speaks for itself. The architecture is amazing and the history even more so. We wanted a more modern feel for our wedding with clean lines, but fell in love with the architecture and columns at The Ebell. Through the use of lighting, we emphasized the architectural highlights and transformed the venue into a more modern feel.

Anessa and the staff at The Ebell were equally amazing. Anessa responded to all my emails at all hours, met with my planner and me multiple times throughout our year of planning and went above and beyond by looking into how to make all of our unique requests happen. Anessa worked with us to help us personalize our wedding and ensure that it wasn't cookie cutter, but a true reflection of us. She happily made changes and rolled with the punches, such as changing the table layout less than 3 weeks before the wedding! Even when working out tough contractual/financial issues, Anessa was candid and always willing to work with us. All of the staff at The Ebell were so happy to be there for us, even though they were working late into the night on New Year's Eve!

The food! We loved The Ebell so much (and that love was reinforced when we met with Anessa for the first time) that we booked The Ebell without even tasting the food! I read reviews from other brides and they were right - the food was delicious! We had so many compliments on the food - particularly the lamb chop lollipops and pulled pork BBQ sliders hors d'oeuvres, the butternut squash soup, the NY Steak, and the mini grilled cheese sandwiches served late night! With 230 guests, there were the right amount of servers continuously bringing out food, passing champagne, and serving at the open bar.

We had so many wonderful comments from guests about how gorgeous the wedding venue was and how smoothly the whole night flowed. Our guests truly felt taken care of and I thank the Ebell staff for making it happen.

Sent on 01/30/2013

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

What better way to ring in the new year than to start it off married??! We were so happy to celebrate with you and make it a night you and guests will always remember. What a day!! Thank you for your kind words and kudos - you truly experienced that which we strive for: uniqueness, elegance, glamour... thank you for being a part of our legacy and for allowing us to be part of yours.
    Warm wishes to you always!

Naomi · Married on 12/30/2011

I was very particular about where I wanted to get married and had a long list of requirements. The Ebell met them all. The venue itself is simply amazing, and the vintage detail is just what I was looking for. Our wedding was big, yet very detailed, and for all of the elements we would need all of the rooms and everything to flow smoothly from one room to the next. The staff at the Ebell made that happen. They were..well simply stated. THE BEST.

Melissa, Anessa and the rest of the staff at the Ebell overtime because like family. They were amazing. Everyone was always so warm and personable, and extremely attentive. They REALLY care about their clients, and make sure to make their dreams come true. Not only did they make my requests happen, they saw my vision, and took the time to come up with ideas, solutions, and suggestions when needed. They listened to what I envisioned and got to know us as people, so that they could truly give us the wedding we imagined. The service, the food the ambiance, everything was spectacular. They even made buttoning up small logistical details..fun. I looked forward to every visit.

Wedding day went off without a hitch. The service was phenomenal and we even had our own separate server who waited on us the entire time! The entire staff was onsite and made sure in conjunction with my amazing wedding planner, that things would go exactly expected. And they did! The control freak in me was able to completely let go and surrender…and just enjoy the two year anticipated day.
    Also, I can’t write this review without quickly mentioning the food. IMPECCABLE. Kudos to the chef. People to this day say it was the best filet and sea bass they’ve ever tasted (and trust me, I have some harsh critics).

All in all, the staff at the Ebell made my day, an unforgettable experience and will have people talking for years to come. THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts for EVERYTHING you did. You were a pure joy.

Sent on 03/01/2013

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Its not often that we have an opportunity to blend in so deeply with a couple's family in advance of the wedding day, and everything about the planning of your wedding allowed us that access that we treasure to this very day. We adore you and were so proud to make the Ebell home for your guests that day. So many levels of love and heart - and what a dance floor!! Wishing you a lifetime of joy, love and family.... XOXO

Kimberly · Married on 04/23/2011

There are not words to describe how wonderful and amazing the folks at The Ebell are. Melissa was a delight and such a willing spirit from the very first meeting. She was a guiding light and has such amazing positive energy. Plus, she moved mountains and responded to my every possible wish! Now, moving on the incomparable Chef Louis Pechan, who created a very special 5-course meal -- including an amuse bouche and cheese course! All of my guests are still raving about the incredible meal and perfect wine pairings. The care and concern shown every step of the way by everyone at The Ebell puts them in a class all their own.

Sent on 06/06/2011

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

I have never had such an event planning journey (nor have I since) that was as compassionate (and delicious!) as yours. Your desire to treat your husband's side of the family to the culinary delights that pairs with California wines was the very definition of hospitality - what a fantastic reception you planned for your guests. And what a remarkable wedding ceremony. You have a vibrant gem for a heart, and we send best wishes to you and your family. Come visit us soon!

Anna · Married on 02/19/2011

I love this place! The service was great and the venue is beautiful!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Christine · Married on 10/23/2010

Melissa and Anessa were wonderful and helped us through the entire process, though we were very busy with our own careers through the entire wedding planning period. I can't say enough about the architecture of the ebell--it requires so little embellishment. It's just gorgeous. And the food was delicious--we had lots of compliments from our guests. The service was timely, no one had to wait for food or drinks. We hope to use the ebell for other events in our future.

Sent on 01/10/2011

Lauryn · Married on 08/14/2010

My husband and I recently got married at the Ebell of Los Angeles and it was just beautiful.

Service

Melissa and Anessa really took care of us from the start. Melissa was super sweet even though I had more than a few changes to make with the guest list/contract. Also we had a personal server attend to us which added so much to the night. His name escapes me at the moment but we truly felt like kings and queens because of him.

Venue

The venue is gorgeous. We actually had our ceremony outdoors and it was everything I ever imagine.

Food

Oh the food, how could I forget? The food was simply amazing. We had filet mignon for everyone and it was delicious. It was cooked perfectly. The chef made some Korean fusion hor deurves that were so tasty.

All in all we are super glad that we held our wedding ceremony and reception at the Ebell of LA.

Sent on 09/12/2010

Vanessa · Married on 04/09/2010

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! We are so happy with both the venue and the service at the Ebell. Our guest at our wedding were completely impressed with the rooms and the intimacy of the venue. Both Melissa Allen & Anessa Curtin (Special Events) were so help and pleasant to work with, they offered great suggestions and ideas. The food and drinks were amazing. Both our family and friends could not stop raving about our venue. You definitely get your money's worth and more. You will not regret choosing the Ebell.

Sent on 04/19/2010
  • Jayanne

Jayanne · Married on 06/26/2009

B-E-A-UITFUL place! GRRREAT staff and deeeeelicious food!

Sent on 06/30/2009

Tony · Married on 07/16/2016

Couldn't have been happier with Jenny and her team. Thrilled to have chosen the Ebell.

Sent on 05/16/2017

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Tony, thank you for the kind words and specifically for Jenny. She enjoyed working with you and took pride in making sure that everything you imagined would become a beautiful reality. We were all so happy to support her in that effort. Thank you for being a wonderful client and for allowing us to be a part of your special day.

Allison · Married on 03/24/2012

We just had our wedding at the Ebell on Saturday and it was fantastic. Everyone loved the venue and the service was top notch! I can't say enough about Melissa and Anessa. They made our whole process so easy and comfortable. The food was great and everyone still talking about the fried Mac and Cheese balls! Thanks for making our wedding so beautiful!

Sent on 03/26/2012

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

It was an honor and privilege to welcome your loved ones and family to the historic Ebell of Los Angeles to celebrate your wedding day! Thank you for taking time to review your event professionals team on Wedding Wire and sharing your experience - it was a beautiful day!! May those memories always bring a smile to your face and a glow to your heart...

From all of us at The Ebell - CONGRATULATIONS!

Angela · Married on 07/03/2011

I fell in love with the Ebell as a teenager dreaming about my wedding, and I tucked pictures of it in my “wish book” for my future life. Decades later when I got engaged, I pulled out that wish book and the Ebell was there, still calling to me. Though my mom and I toured several venues before making our way to the Ebell, I was indifferent to them because they were just so ordinary. But five minutes into our tour of the Ebell, I began crying. I was drawn in by the beautiful architecture and the gently vintage ambiance. The ceiling. The iron doors. The staircase. The fountain. Ebell was grand and intimate and special, and I knew it was the place where I would be married.

After I got over myself and had that initial emotional reaction, I began noticing other things during the tour that made Ebell feel right…in a peculiarly wonderful way. It was Halloween, and I was surrounded by Rosie the Riveter (special events director Melissa), her little dog (who had accompanied her to work that day), and a ninja (special events rep David) whose face was completely hidden behind a mask. This playfulness suggested the Ebell team enjoyed working there, which in my mind meant they would ultimately be good to me and good for my wedding. I was right. I had my dream wedding at the Ebell on July 3, 2011, and there is no other place that would have been better. Ebell is AMAZING!!

So for the other noteworthy aspects of my Ebell experience that constitute a review:

SPECIAL EVENTS TEAM: Throughout the eight months of planning, Melissa, David, Anessa, and Kristin were professional, accommodating, and down-to-earth. They greet you with a hug, answer your questions with a smile, and manage events with seamless ease. Every interaction I had with them was positive, even when they had to say no (or give strict parameters) about something I was requesting. They also came through for us in a big way on wedding day when one of my vendors didn’t show, and I appreciate their graceful handling of that emergency.

VALUE: It was expensive, but so worth it. It is a historical site, and it is priced accordingly. We got a huge discounted rate by having our wedding on a Sunday, but most of that discount was off-set by having to pay for air conditioning to be brought in (it’s an old building that doesn’t have built-in ducts). I think the food though was very reasonably priced for the quality given.

FOOD: Everything we sampled during the tasting was delish (especially the chicken), but we chose the pear carpaccio salad (unique, with a nice light flavor) and the braised beef short rib. The beef was tender and well-seasoned. I was initially concerned that the portions would be small because the Ebell is upscale (my family and friends would not be satisfied with a skimpy meal, no matter the quality), but both the short rib and the vegetarian entrée we chose (vegetable risotto) were very hearty and filling. The short rib was my favorite part of the meal (it brought back memories of my Grammy’s cooking), but all of our guests’ food comments were about the sorbet. It was fantastic. I’m so glad we didn’t do Pinkberry…the Ebell’s sorbet was much more elegant, less expensive, and it came with a fancy “cookie.” The only slightly negative thought I had on the food was that the hors d’oeuvres were small, but I guess they are supposed to be. I am extremely pleased with the food we had at the wedding. Thank you Chef Louis!

WAIT STAFF: I can’t really comment on the service provided to my guests (I wasn’t paying attention), but dinner timing seemed to flow well. But I can comment on how THRILLED I was that hubby and I had a personal waiter the entire day! Such a pleasant surprise! Hubby still talks about it. Our waiter William, was friendly, helpful, and very attentive to our needs.

LOGISTICS: We had the ceremony in the Lounge; cocktail hour in the Art Salon and Garden; and reception back in the Lounge. Time was a blur to me that day, but a couple of guests told me that it took too long to change the Lounge from ceremony space to reception space. Aside from hiring more workers to transition the room, or having the reception in the Dining Room (which we rented, but didn’t use because it’s not as pretty), I can’t figure a way things could have been expedited. I think Ebell did the best they could.

I will say that I wish that a better job had been done in restricting guests’ access to the Lounge while it was being changed over. I didn’t like that my guests were going in and out of the Lounge while it was being changed over. I’m not sure if control of foot traffic was Ebell’s responsibility or my wedding planner’s. I also wish that guests had been forced to enter through the Wilshire doors rather than the side parking lot entry. I paid a fortune for floral arrangements at the Wilshire doors, but they were unseen by most of my guests because they didn’t come in that way.

OVERALL: I have nothing but LOVE, LOVE, LOVE for the Ebell.

Sent on 09/05/2011

Nicole P. · Married on 07/25/2020

Best Wedding Venue in LA

The team at the Ebell has been so accommodating and available during these very uncertain times. From the minute I stepped foot in the Ebell, I knew it was the place I wanted to have my wedding. There isn't another venue like it in the area and is truly a special place. Thank you Jenny, Kevin and Anessa for being an incredible A-team!

Sent on 05/21/2020

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Nicole. We couldn't do it without amazing clients like you and Billy. We want nothing but the best for you, always. Virtual hugs!!
  • Danielle

Danielle R. · Married on 03/02/2019

Gorgeous Venue, Wonderful Event Staff

The Ebell is an absolute dream. The entire experience from the initial tour through our wedding was wonderful. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful....seriously, you can get away with super simple, minimal decor because the space does the job for you. The event staff are WONDERFUL...working with Jenny and Kaitlyn was so easy. In terms of value, compared to other venues of the same caliber, your money will go a lot further. They are totally transparent with what is included in their packages, what other costs might be, etc. Also, the food is GREAT. Everyone kept commenting how delicious everything was. I can't speak more highly about our experience. We had a guest list of about 200, and everything was seamless.

Sent on 03/15/2019

Hi Danielle,
    Thank you for the wonderful feedback! It is always a pleasure to hear that guests took away with them how great our food and beverage program is.
    We love how you added your own personal touches of design to your special day but still showcased the beauty of The Ebell. You and Nick had a stunning wedding!

Marianne · Married on 04/14/2018

We could not imagine having had our wedding anywhere except at the Ebell. The character of the spaces, being able to having everything at one location, and having the food and alcohol all included made for a significantly more straight forward planning process but what really made it a joy to have our wedding at the Ebell was the staff! Jenny and Krissy were enthusiastic and their experience in planning the perfect day was apparent. Throughout all our interactions they clearly felt excited to help us realize our dream wedding. Everything on the day ran smoothly. Our friends and family are still raving about the excellent food, fun cocktails, and how stunning the venue was. The chef went above and beyond to accommodate our dietary restrictions (vegetarian, dairy-free, gluten-free) and several guests commented that they would become vegans if they could eat the mushroom Wellington everyday. The Ebell and the staff made our day spectacular. Thank you to the whole team!!

Sent on 05/13/2018

Katy · Married on 10/08/2011

The Wilshire Ebell was the absolute perfect location for our wedding. We loved everything and everyone involved there. It was magical on every level - and the food was extraordinary. We highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 02/20/2012