The Ebell of Los Angeles Reviews

41 | Los Angeles, CA

41 Reviews for The Ebell of Los Angeles

41 The Ebell of Los Angeles Reviews

Lauren · Married on 05/27/2018

The beauty of The Ebell is evident to anyone who sees it- and it truly is as beautiful as the photos. What you can't see on the outside however, is the amazing staff and world class service they provide on the inside. The outer and inner beauty of The Ebell make it a truly exceptional venue.

If any small hiccups arise during planning, they will communicate with you professionally and fairly and find a timely solution. The food and cocktails are truly remarkable. Every guest will be taken care of and enjoy a beautiful and memorable evening.

I feel lucky to say I truly had my dream wedding, and it could have only happened at The Ebell! Love.

Mena · Married on 09/30/2017

This venue was everything we wanted. Every room was what we imagined and it blew us away the minute we walked into it. The staff was amazing the night of our wedding. Jenny and Krissy were really helpful with all the details I asked for and were very reponsive to every question I had leading up to the wedding.
    Our cocktail hour and dinner was amazing as well. The food was so delicious, it had everyone talking about it for days after the wedding.

At first we thought everything was really pricey, but we would never look back at it because every penny was worth it. From the service team to how beautiful everything looked, it was just remarkable. I would definitely recommend this venue to any couple. We will remember our day forever and we are so happy to have chose The Ebell!

Thank you team!

Michael & Mena

Sent on 02/12/2018
    The Ebell of Los Angeles 1

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful feedback, Mena! You and Michael were the epitome of glamour on your big day! We loved seeing your incorporate both your cultures by having two ceremonies. Everything was so beautiful! We wish you a lifetime of happiness and we are so honored to be a part of your wedding. Cheers to you!

Allison · Married on 09/23/2017

I don't even know where to begin on detailing how amazing The Ebell was for our wedding! Basically just stop looking at other venues and go with The Ebell! This venue is absolutely gorgeous and with many different spaces you can utilize, you truly have the ability and flexibility to really make your wedding exactly what you want.

Some things that also really drew me to The Ebell were knowing we would be the only wedding of the day and that we could personalize just about every aspect of our special day. During our tour, I don't think there was a single thing Jenny showed us or talked about without saying "if you don't like it this way, we can change any part of this" and this also went for the food menus and I LOVED that! We toured other venues that had multiple weddings each day or framed it as 'pick your wedding out of our book' which was not appealing to us.

Jenny, Krissy, and team are so wonderful to work with and made the process so incredibly easy for us. This was a destination wedding for us and I never once had to worry about making sure everything was on track; they had it handled. They were also very flexible with the tours and food tastings to work around our schedule which was amazing!

The Ebell truly did give us the wedding we wanted and we couldn't have asked for anything else! From the gorgeous lounge to the amazing courtyard to the absolutely stunning dining room, we wouldn't have changed a single thing! And did I mention, the food is incredible! Our guests all said this was the best food they have ever had at a wedding and I couldn't agree more!

Our guests continue to tell us this was the most beautiful and fun wedding they have been to and I know a big part of that is because of the stunning venue and service from everyone at The Ebell! Not only did they make my husband and I feel so special on our wedding day and during the entire but they also made our guests feel special. I would 100% recommend this venue for everyone's wedding!!

Sent on 02/21/2018
    The Ebell of Los Angeles 9
    The Ebell of Los Angeles 10
    The Ebell of Los Angeles 11

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Thank you for this, Allison. We really appreciate the wonderful feedback and are so happy to hear you had an amazing wedding here with us! It was a beautiful wedding and your photos turned out gorgeous! We wish you and Ken a lifetime of happiness!!

Alyssa · Married on 08/19/2017

There is not enough time in a day for us to describe how amazing the Ebell was for our wedding! The venue is absolutely stunning, with multiple indoor and outdoor spaces that allow you to create an awesome event flow with ample room and variety for your guests. From the big staircase, to the garden, to the gorgeous doors, ceilings, and arches throughout, the Ebell was the perfect backdrop for our wedding.

Even more impressive than the space itself was the INCREDIBLE team we worked with. Jenny and Krissy are phenomenal and we actively miss them now that the wedding is over. They were incredible partners to us throughout the planning process, and we felt like they were as excited about the wedding as we were. From helping facilitate our special requests to adding their own awesome ideas into the mix, they brought to life our dream for a glamorous, rock and roll, gold sequin filled lovefest.

The food was delicious (our guests are still raving about it) and we could not have been happier with the menu Chef pulled together for us. The Banquet Manager we worked with (Duane) and his team delivered FLAWLESS service throughout the night.

Overall, we could not have been happier and our wedding surpassed even our wildest dreams! Much the love and gratitude for the Ebell team.

Sent on 09/29/2017

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Hi Alyssa, Thank you so much for your review! It was such an honor to be a part of your and Lauren's big day! It was an absolutely stunning wedding and one that we talk about all the time. The Prince moment in The Garden was the coolest thing ever! You two are such a wonderful couple and we wish you a lifetime of joy and happiness! Please come visit us and keep in touch!! Big cheers to you!

Melissa · Married on 05/13/2017

Had an absolutely gorgeous wedding here. Jenny was fantastic to work with, always on top of things and really making us feel like we were special. She worked well with all of our vendors and made accommodations where she could, which resulted in a STUNNING wedding. I'm so happy we found the Ebell, there was more than enough space for our wedding of a little over 200 ppl. That brings me to the space: all of the vintage details, the unique vintage chairs, the beautiful bridal suite, the staircase, the fact that there's a grandfather clock in every room makes this place truly unique. The two things I wanted to make sure I found in a wedding venue were 1) that it didn't feel like a wedding factory 2) that we didn't feel rushed or kicked out. I went to so many venues where there were 5 weddings a day and they rushed people out. At the Ebell, there's only one event per day so it felt like it was truly ours. It was also such a unique, elegant space which matched perfectly with what we wanted. Thank you Ebell and team for being a part of our big day!

Sent on 06/12/2017

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Hi Melissa- Thank you so much for the kind words. It was such an honor to be a part of your gorgeous wedding that was so full of love. Your wedding was utterly breathtaking and one we will never forget here! We wish you and Nate a life full of happiness, love and lots of fun! Please don't be strangers- come say hi anytime!!

Ray · Married on 05/07/2017

Don't have a single clue on how to plan a wedding? Don't fret. The team at the Ebell of Los Angeles offers top notch service stemming from years of experience. My wife and I planned to the best of our ability prior to booking our wedding with Ebell; however, there was so much more required for our wedding to come into fruition. This is where Jenny and Krissy, and even the Director, came in to save our booties. They made sure to accommodate every single one of our requests, while keeping us within our budget. The only reason why we ended up spending more than we had to was because our parents' invited more people than expected. AND YET!! The staff at Ebell was able to accommodate the last minute changes.

The venue is beautiful with an old-school elegance about it. Make sure you don't skimp on the lighting because it really makes the place vibrant. I don't think I need to say anything more about that.

Food: EXCEPTIONAL! We ordered the filet mignon and salmon for our meal options. SUPER moist and delicious.

Service: Our guests could not stop raving about how wonderful the service was, so I stand by my people.

Experience: They made our dream wedding come true. We were on a tight budget and they did everything they possibly could to accommodate with payment options. I cannot express my gratitude enough for the Ebell for providing us with the perfect night.

Much love,
    Ray and Angie

Sent on 06/01/2017

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Ray, thank you so much for taking the time to write this. We are so happy that you and Angie and your guests had such a wonderful experience. Planning a wedding isn't easy and we are so happy that we could ease your concerns and help you stay happy and focused on marrying your favorite person. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your most special day, we wish you all the happiness in the world!

Jackie · Married on 04/15/2017

My only advice would be to stop looking and just book at The Ebell.
    Everyone was so kind, accommodating, patient and sweet. Anytime I had a request, question or idea, I would email my thoughts and someone always responded openly and enthusiastically. All of their recommendations from the wedding planner to flower arrangements, cake (all vendors!) were on point. And on the day of, everyone involved from the wedding planner to all the workers on site were simply amazing. Everyone was always smiling and just willing to go out of their way to make sure my husband and I were happy and had everything we needed. This place is truly special from the location, setting, interior look and parking was simply perfect in many ways. There's not one single complaint, only that our wedding could have ended 3 hours later then planned (lol). I will never forget this special day and I'm grateful for the entire team involved.

Sent on 06/04/2017

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Thank you, Jackie! We all absolutely loved your and Leigh's wedding so much. It was so full of love, laughter, joy and dancing- lots of dancing! It was such an honor to be a part of your special day and one we will never forget here at The Ebell of LA! Cheers to you two!

Saba · Married on 04/01/2017

The ebell really is the belle of Los Angeles! This venue was just the perfect venue for our wedding. Jenny and krissy from the Ebell were just the sweetest from day 1 and it was love at first sight when hey showed us the venue. The ebell was perfect for our great gatsby theme because it just has a luxurious feel to it with its decorated ceiling and beautiful artwork. Booking the ebell as our venue location was just the best decision we could've made! Thank you Ebell!!

Sent on 04/02/2017

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review, Saba. We had such a pleasure working with you and everyone you hand picked to collaborate with. You designed a beautiful wedding day and we were so thrilled to see it all come to life. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your most special day, we will always remember your gorgeous Gatsby wedding.

jessica · Married on 03/25/2017

great work!!! Will definitely recommend you!

Sent on 12/30/2016

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Thank you for your kind words and appreciate any recommendations. We look forward to serving you again soon, take care!

joe · Married on 02/03/2017

excellent service!!!!! and very creative!!

Sent on 12/24/2016

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

We strive for excellent service and creativity in all that we do so it makes us smile when someone takes the time to say that they noticed it. Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we hope to have you as a guest again soon.

joe · Married on 12/31/2016

amazing work!!! I am glad I used Wedding Wire to locate you!

Sent on 12/23/2016

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

We are happy that you found us here as well. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your kind words. We appreciate your referrals and recommendations as well. Looking forward to hosting you again soon. Take care.

Aubrey · Married on 10/29/2016

The Ebell was the most fabulous place to get married, not just because of its gorgeous, dramatic ballrooms, but also because of their outstanding staff. As proud native Angelenos, my husband and I wanted a venue that was part of the story of our city: we all know the Ebell as the first women’s club in the City of Angels, but it was also the first art gallery in LA, which spoke to my passion for the arts.

Jenny, Kristina, and the rest of the Ebell team were fabulous partners in coordinating our wedding. After all the stress, late night emails/phone calls, and thrills, their team was such a pleasure to work with. The Ebell was the only venue that we looked at for our wedding, and part of that was thanks to their professionalism, reassuring demeanor, and can-do attitude that made us Say Yes to the Venue so quickly. The staff at the Ebell will make anything happen, and are master problem solvers. Even when I thought we were being ridiculous, their team said “no problem” without a blink of an eye.

Lastly, the food is incredible. I was one of those brides who was realistic that this is a fancy dinner party. The Ebell catering team did not disappoint!

Sent on 02/02/2017

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Aubrey, thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We were absolutely thrilled to be a part of your special day. The best part was seeing you with a big smile on your face the entire day. We continue to admire the wedding day moments captured in time by your amazing photographer. The joyful essence of the day is evident in every photo and we enjoy seeing them time and time again. Thank you for reminding us how much we love what we do.

Sunny · Married on 10/02/2016

Whether you want modern or elegant this venue suits all styles. Great place to take photos as well.

Sent on 01/26/2017

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

We agree!! This gorgeous building is celebrating 90 years on Wilshire this year and has hosted a variety of events from intimate sit downs to at-capacity soirees. From conferences to weddings, our spaces can accommodate just about any type of event and yes, she is quite photogenic. If you have any photos that you'd like to share, please send them our way. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate your feedback and referrals. Come visit again soon!

Elisabeth · Married on 07/16/2016

The Ebell helps you make your vision a reality. We used the ENTIRE space, and it felt grand, a beautiful and warm and private. The venue is open to negotiating options that work financially and aesthetically for the customer. They are also very responsive and kind. Our wedding day was incredible, and it was so special to be married in such a beautiful historic venue!

Sent on 05/11/2017

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Elisabeth, thank you so much for the kind review. We are so thrilled to have been part of your dream wedding and hope that you continue to have fond memories when reliving it year after year. Cheers to weddings and love and a lifetime of happiness.

Jill · Married on 05/29/2016

We absolutely loved working with Jenny and the team at The Ebell! The venue is gorgeous, but also convenient for guests (both locals and out of towners). But, even more importantly, the staff and service are AMAZING! From the very beginning we loved working with Jenny who was extremely professional, thoughtful, flexible and fun We had several meetings with her to make certain every last detail was considered and executed to help make our wedding a truly wonderful event for us and our family. The day of our wedding, we were extremely relaxed because we knew Jenny and the Ebell team would take care of everything - and they definitely did! We were able to simply enjoy our wedding without any stress as each and every detail was thoughtfully coordinated. Our guests also commented on how wonderful and elegant the service of the staff was and delicious the food was! The Ebell helped us put together an amazing experience for us and our guests that we all enjoyed immensely. Thank you, Jenny! We HIGHLY recommend this venue and team!

Sent on 05/11/2017

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Thank you Jill for the review and for highlighting our rock star, Jenny! She sure cares about her clients and makes sure that they get the attention and care that's expected when planning such an extraordinary occasion. Our entire special events team takes the same care and we are so glad that you and your guests had the experience that you hoped for from day one. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of the best day of your life. We wish you happiness and love and all things wonderful.

Lauren · Married on 11/14/2015

I knew I was going to get married at the Ebell the minute I walked through the doors! The venue is absolutely stunning and the staff is beyond helpful! I started with Tiffany, but unfortunately she left for another job. Michael picked up where she left off and he was amazing! So helpful, so friendly and went above and beyond to make the day special!

Chef Louis and his team did a marvelous job!

All the guests kept saying the whole evening was like a fairy tale! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect evening!

Sent on 11/19/2015

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Lauren, thank you for the kudos! It was a joy celebrating your wedding day - we are all delighted to have been a part of such a momentous occasion...! Come visit us soon!

The Ebell of Los Angeles is an absolutely stunning venue! It was love at first sight with the Ebell for us. The history, elegance, and the experienced staff made our decision very easy. After seeing the venue and speaking with the staff, we couldn't wait to get married in this beautiful venue. We only gave ourselves just a few months to plan and were kinda worried that not everything would be accomplished in time. But the staff at The Ebell of Los Angeles guided us through our planning prior to the big day and everything turned out amazing! The venue looked beautiful on our big day. There was someone by our side through out the day making sure we had everything we wanted. From drinks, appetizers, and dinner. They made us feel like a guest at our own wedding. We are so happy we chose The Ebell of Los Angeles. We have the staff at The Ebell to thank for a very memorable day :-) Thank you!

Sent on 12/31/2015

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Thank you for the beautifully stated review of The Ebell of Los Angeles. All of us in the Special Events Department love what we do and we are passionate about creating the best experience for each and every guest that walks through the door. We are thrilled to hear that your experience was a wonderful and memorable one. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your most special day. We wish you the very best as you take this journey through life together as husband and wife. It was a pleasure working with you, take care and please keep in touch.

From the moment that we visited The Ebell for our wedding reception location, we knew that it was the perfect place to host our wedding. The staff was incredibly warm, accommodating and professional and took special care of us from day one. Throughout the planning process, they were very helpful in answering our questions and were very responsive to all emails. And on the day of our wedding, we could not have dreamed of the day going more perfectly. From the impeccable, 5-star service, to the absolutely delicious food, to the beautiful venue - The Ebell team went above and beyond our dreams to deliver the most perfect, memorable day that we will always cherish. I could not speak highly enough of The Ebell team!!

Sent on 04/03/2016

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Nothing pleases us more than knowing that your memories of your Ebell Experience are above and beyond your highest expectations. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and kudos. From all of us at the Ebell of LA, congratulations and thank you for allowing us to be home to your most special celebration. Come visit us soon (and often)!

Katheryn · Married on 06/20/2015

I picked this venue to escape from the basic ballroom setting. The Ebell is a historical building that gave my wedding reception a vintage yet elegant vibe almost like old hollywood. I chose the art palor side of the venue which includes large cool looking dome shaped windows and a staircase to come down for a grand entrance. Staff was professional and on the ball. I had Anessa Birkemeier as my event manager she was the best. She was warm and bent over backwards to accomendate my needs. Overall the Ebell is a excellent venue to have your wedding.

Sent on 11/18/2015

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Thank you, Katheryn! We know how precious and important your wedding day is, and we are honored to have been a part of the celebration and magic. Heartfelt congrats to you!

Jennifer · Married on 10/19/2014

Our wedding at the Ebell was a wonderful experience, from the planning process up though the event and after. Anessa was a dream to work with, and the Chef and his staff created a wonderful menu for us that showcased our family traditions. It was a flawless, fun day, and so many of our guests complimented the beauty of the space, remarking that it is so unusual to find a space like this in Los Angeles.

Monica · Married on 09/20/2014

Top-notch service, excellent food, great communication with Michael and Anessa throughout the planning process. It's a very special, authentic LA venue that is just gorgeous with a lot of versatility for different sized parties. I am beyond thrilled to have had my wedding here!

Sent on 10/14/2014

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Monica, thank you for your kind words and praises. It was such an honor being home to your wedding day celebration. Thank you for being a part of our legacy and for allowing us to be a part of yours.... From all of us at the Ebell, CONGRATULATIONS!!

Melissa · Married on 02/08/2014

As a wedding coordinator, I can not say enough about this venue. I was not involved in the negotiating of the Ebell contract, because I was hired after my clients had already signed their agreement. But from my first meeting with Anessa, to the amazing day-of staff, and the flawless food, I would 100 percent suggest this venue. It is worth every penny!!

Sent on 02/28/2014

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

WOW! Thank you for sharing your experience and impressions. The applause of such a seasoned and excellent event professional as yourself is so very appreciated and we are thrilled that your time at the Ebell left such a great impression.

I just had my wedding ceremony and reception at the Ebell, and can't say enough great things about this venue! The entire wedding planning process, from start to finish, was a dream because of the superlative professionalism and sheer warmth of the Ebell staff. We've been so impressed by everything at the Ebell- from an events staff that feels like a family, to incredible food (our guests commented it was by far the most delicious food of any wedding they've attended!), to a historical space that is stunningly well-kept, magical, unique.

I worked very closely with Lauren on the events staff for months on end planning the wedding, and she is a dream. She managed to respond to all of my emails and requests to visit the space with various vendors within minutes of my sending emails, and pre-empted my own emails by thinking ahead for me. Every time I dropped in to the Ebell, Lauren and Anessa were there, smiling, warm, and calm- which really matters when you are planning an event for 160 people for the first time in your life, and might otherwise be overwhelmed with feelings of panic and disorganization! Right before I walked down the aisle, Lauren was up in the bridal chamber hallway making sure I had everything I needed, and sweetly gave me a thumbs-up. And this is really why I loved the Ebell- having your wedding there feels like an intimate family affair- I can't stress how much it matters to have staff really enthusiastically working with you and making sure you are truly satisfied and delighted with everything on the day.

Beyond these wonderful aspects to the Ebell, the in-house food is glorious. Coming up to the wedding, we were trying to figure out whether to go with an outside caterer or go with the Ebell's Chef. We opted to do a tasting with Chef and make our decision afterwards- and managed only to get through the salad course before it was clear we'd have to go with Chef!

Thank you to the Ebell! I now can't imagine getting married anywhere else!

Sent on 09/10/2013

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It thrills all of us to hear that your wedding day was above and beyond anything you could imagine. Congratulations and happy honeymooning (and call us soon to plan your anniversary party!!) XOXO The Ebell Special Events Team Melissa, Chef Louis, Anessa, Lauren & Nicole

Ariella · Married on 05/26/2013

My husband and I got married here on May 26, 2013 and could not be more impressed by the venue and their staff. Every single one of our guests raved about how perfect this place was. From the courtyard to the ballroom, this place is absolutely gorgeous. We had the pleasure of working with Anessa Birkemeier who is the Event Supervisor at The Ebell and words cannot even describe how wonderful she is. We highly recommend this venue and feel lucky to have had our dream wedding at The Ebell of Los Angeles!

Sent on 06/04/2013

The Ebell of Los Angeles's reply:

You know the universe is in alignment when there are tears at the wedding rehearsal...and that was from Anessa!! She continues to rave about what a magical and loving day we had at the Ebell; thank you for allowing us to be home to you and your loved ones on such a remarkable day... Love and joy to you always.... (Come visit us soon!)