22 Reviews for The Dress Matters

Bridal Belts (1)
Jewelry (1)
Veils (1)
22 The Dress Matters Reviews

This was the 4th dress shop I went to and by far the most personable! Everyone was so nice and helpful especially since I couldn't decide between 4 dresses! This store had exactly the style of dress I was looking for and for an amazing price. I highly recommend The Dress Matters!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/9/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The staff, and overall experience, here is worth it. The staff treats you like family and the dress selection is beautiful. If you are looking for that one-on-one experience than look no further. I would recommend this boutique to any bride for bridal or bridesmaids dresses.

Profile Picture Deanna, 4/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I highly recommend this bridal

boutique! Loved everything about my experience with them.

Profile Picture Madeleine, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I went to The Dress Matters for alterations. It was simple to schedule an appointment. I worked with Mehta and she was wonderful! I brought in a strapless dress that needed to be taken in slightly. I had also bought some additional lace and brought it to the appointment with the intention of making straps for the dress. Mehta took my idea and made it even better! The dress came out amazing and the alterations survived the entire wedding, dancing and all. Mehta made the experience great as she was able to give suggestions without being critical and taught me how to wear the dress comfortably and move easily. I would highly recommend working with her for alterations!

Profile Picture Caroline, 10/8/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Cleaning, Bride, Bridal Gowns

The Dress Matters provided me with the most magical wedding experience. The store appears tiny from the outside, but the second I walked in, I was in awe of the dresses around me. They were unlike anything I had seen anywhere else, with the most beautiful elegant dresses (including beading and lace). Each was more gorgeous than the next. I was also AMAZED by the price. They were high quality and completely affordable.

As I chose my dress, my sales consultant chose items that made me feel beautiful and not once did I feel discouraged. I found my dress that very day.

I then returned for multiple fittings with a seamstress who was a miracle worker. That dress fit beautifully and I felt gorgeous on my wedding day!

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 6/24/17, 4 Reviews
0.5

I urge any potential customer to think very carefully before buying from this shop - a $200 bridesmaid's dress required $185 in alterations - how could this be considered as sized correctly? Nevertheless my daughter agreed to the charges. A second bridesmaid's dress was at least two sizes too large. When it was ordered, and the owner said she required a size 20, my daughter told her she never wore a size 20 in her life, that she was a size 16. When the dress came back two sizes too large, after considerable arguing back and forth, the owner after being threatened to be taken to small claims court finally agreed to make a concession in the price of the alterations. The junior bridesmaid dress came back too small, just barely fitting. I wish we had ordered off the rack at David's Bridal rather than taking a chance on the shop taking correct measurements. The shop owner will defend herself by saying that they order a dress based on the largest body measurement, which they said was my daughter's waist. I have a photo of her holding a fistful of material at her waist - how was that measured correctly? Don't take a chance on this shop. My daughter is going to have her dress altered there after the owner made a concession in the alteration price - $80. This is ridiculous.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Susan, 5/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Ultimately, I did not buy my dress from this salon, but had a wonderful appointment that I think deserves a good review! Well stocked with many beautiful, designer options. I felt very taken care of during my appointment, and the girl who helped me even advised me about some sales they had coming up in the near future that could make the dresses I was considering even more affordable, to try and help me not go over budget. Though I did find "The Dress" from a different salon, I would still highly recommend The Dress Matters!

Profile Picture User6664538, 1+ year ago, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Jewelry

My attendants got their dresses from the store. I had a very wide range of ages and sizes and opted to let the girls pick the dress they wanted as long as they came from the same designer and were in one of two colors. The girls picked Alfred Angelo and all were able to find something they liked and felt comfortable wearing. We had a very pleasant experience dealing with the store.

Profile Picture User7468109, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
3.0

I had an overall good, but not great, experience at this salon. They primarily sell sample gowns, so I would recommend it to someone who is looking for a gown under $1500. I almost bought my dress here but ultimately found one I liked better elsewhere. I took away some points for the following reasons:

- I made an appointment for the "Ultimate VIP Experience", which was supposed to include soft drinks and wine served to bride and guests, but nothing at all was offered to us for the entire 90 minutes we were there.

- I had to get myself in and out of dresses; the woman who helped me (who was the owner, btw) just left to me to my own devices in the dressing room. Also the clips she put on weren't tight enough and kept popping off.

- I went for the Mori Lee Fall 2015 trunk show thinking that most of the collection would be there but they hardly had any of the dresses that I liked & was hoping to try. They're also an Alfred Angelo retailer but didn't have any of his dresses that I saw online either.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User4934372, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Sample Sales, Trunk Shows, Bridal Gowns, Sample Gowns, Veils

The Dress Matters was my very first store I went to try on dresses! The ladies were absolutely wonderful and helped me find the perfect dress! They were very accommodating with scheduling times for my mother, aunt and I especially when I went back a seconds third time to make a final decision! The store was full of gorgeous dresses and last minute I made an appointment for the trunk sale! Not only did I find a beautiful dress but I also got it on sale too which was even better! Thank you so much to the ladies at the dress matters!!!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 9/10/16, 1 Review
3.9

Had a nice consultation. Smaller selection than other places I went. Didn't have many options in my size (Bridal 6). I had to try on dresses that were so large that when clasped I couldn't figure out how it would look in a smaller size. Nice selection, though, unique. If in the area I would recomend stopping by. I drove about 45minutes to go (after meeting at a bridal show) and wouldn't suggest going if it's a time consuming drive.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/25/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The staff at this bridal shop are friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. It was great for me, my wedding, and family to have alterations done all at the same place. The staff had assisted many brides. They had great recommendations.

Profile Picture User7467502, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

This business was incredibly kind and understanding when I experienced a horrible situation just 4 weeks before my wedding-- the shop where I originally purchased my gown lied to me for two months before telling me that my dress was lost. I had to find a new gown ASAP, and the staff at The Dress Matters took me in immediately and helped me find a more beautiful gown off the rack with rushed alterations.

Profile Picture User6497068, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Sample Gowns, Alterations

The Dress Matters was the first shop I went to and I could not be happier. It is a small place that gave me 100% attention from the minute I arrived with my MOH and MOB. The women were extremely knowledgable and worked with me on every item on my wish list. I ended up with a unique, gorgeous, cap sleeve lace gown for my New Year's Eve wedding. The seamstress was excellent. She was so confident in her abilities that I did not worry once. My dress fit like a glove and I got so many compliments. Support local business and go to this fantastic shop - you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Maureen, 12/31/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Bride
4.1

Great experience. Said "yes" to the second dress tried on!

Profile Picture User4839022, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Fantastic quality and pleasure to deal with. Thank yoU!

Profile Picture louise, 8/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Perfect little dress shop! I was a little nervous walking in because it didn't appear that they had a very large selection. I tried on probably 10/15 dresses and the third dress I tried on was THE one. The girls were great and so patient. My first and last wedding dress shopping experience was everything I could have possibly hoped for.

Take the time so go check this cute little store out, it is worth you while.

Profile Picture Christina, 7/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

What a wonderful experience dealing with "The Dress Matters" for my wedding gown! The caring and personal attention made me feel calm and sure about my dress. Their selection is so lovely and unique that the decision was made easily, as I found what was just right for me. I felt so confident and beautiful that day. The alterations on my dress were perfect and the fit was amazing. I was in complete comfort without a worry as we joyfully hugged, kissed and danced the night away! Thank you "Dress Matters" for making a potentially stressful experience such a breeze! If you want an experience that makes this important decision a pleasure, by all means, "The Dress Matters" will make your dreams come true!

Profile Picture Jeanine, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I purchased my wedding dress at The Dress Matters. The staff there was professional, as well as personable. They were able to assist me in finding the PERFECT wedding dress (at an amazing and affordable price!) and even gave a great recommendation for alterations. This should be the first stop anyone who is looking for a wedding dress makes!

Profile Picture User5355026, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

The staff is very knowledgeable about the dresses that they sell. The helped me pick the right dress for my body style. I feel like a queen and I can't wait until the big day. This is a great place. Check it out.

Profile Picture Diane, 11/29/14, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

This is an nice bridal boutique with beautiful dresses. The prices are fantastic! I found my wedding dress here and love it. The owner and staff were very helpful.

Profile Picture User4113138, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Nice bridal shop with friendly staff. The dresses are beautiful and they have a nice selection.

Profile Picture M, 12/31/11, 2 Reviews