The Dragon Duo Reviews

41 | Saint Louis, MO

41 Reviews for The Dragon Duo

41 The Dragon Duo Reviews

Grace · Married on 09/29/2018

I am so happy that we had Dragon Duo at my wedding! We chose to have a trio as our ceremony was in the Piper Palm House and the acoustics are really good. All three ladies were very professional and sounded AMAZING! We also chose to have them play outside on the patio for our cocktail hour. By the end, it was practically pitch black but they were not phased in the slightest and played all of the songs that we requested. Would recommend for sure, 10/10!

Lourdes · Married on 09/08/2018

Dragon Duo was AMAZING at my daughter's wedding last weekend. Melissa was super easy to work with and was a HUGE help in helping me make music selections for the ceremony. I am the first to admit that classical music is not in my wheelhouse, yet Melissa helped make it as easy as possible--with lots of youtube links and audio samples. Price was very reasonable. You can't go wrong with this vendor--I highly recommend them!

Cat · Married on 08/04/2018

The music for my wedding was beautiful and I couldn’t have been happier!! Thank you Dragon Duo!

Paige · Married on 06/01/2018

I was so incredibly happy with The Dragon Duo for our wedding ceremony. They did a great job and were super accommodating to mine and my husbands style. Very pleased!

Kristin · Married on 04/14/2018

We could not have asked for better wedding ceremony accompaniment. Melissa was incredibly responsive and organized. I knew exactly what to expect every step of the way. We received SO many compliments on their duo rendition of "In Dreams." The music was beautiful, they were great to work with, and all for as super reasonable price. We would choose Dragon Duo again and again.

Alisha · Married on 07/15/2017

I was very pleased with overall experience with The Dragon Duo. They were very professional and had everything planned ahead of time so I didn't have to worry on the day of my wedding if they were prepared. They also gave me options to choose from, which was very helpful since I wasn't sure of what I wanted.

Jamie · Married on 06/24/2017

The Dragon Duo was amazing and I would highly recommend them to anyone! Melissa was always responsive and easy to reach, and she provided a lot of the basic/necessary info up front, which was very much appreciated since I had never booked live music for an event before. Plus, she answered all of my additional questions, and there were many. I should also mention the fact that I booked on what I would assume is considered short notice, by the way. The Dragon Duo learned a new song, specific for the event, and played it BEAUTIFULLY I might add! They were punctual, extremely professional, and so easy to work with. All of this on top of the fact that they sounded AMAZING! The event was my brother's outdoor garden wedding at a family member's house, and everyone commented on what a beautiful touch they added to the event. They really made it special and I can't thank them enough for all of their hard work!

Kelly · Married on 06/10/2017

Melissa was very helpful when it came time to select music for our ceremony. She sent me a few different selections to listen to for each part of the ceremony. From there I was able to pick what I liked the best. The ceremony music was beautiful. We would highly recommend the Dragon Duo!

Charona · Married on 12/30/2016

WE LOVED THE DRAGON DUO!
    We heard about them because they performed for my brother-in-law's wedding and my husband's uncle's wedding. They had such glowing reviews of their experiences that we HAD to book Dragon Duo.
    Our own experience was equally fantastic. The coordination before the wedding was easy with Melissa - we emailed back and forth, she had song recommendations and samples when I needed them and actually her preparation questions were what helped me shape my outline for the ceremony. She was familiar with our venue and able to help us make some decisions (they have options for how many musicians, how the sound will fill the space, etc...).
    We did not have them play during the ceremony (we didn't do a unity candle or rose thing) but I wish we would have.
    After the ceremony we got NUMEROUS comments about how much the guests loved our modern music choices for the ceremony and how much they just enjoyed listening to them play beforehand.
    Another thing we didn't do was get a wedding video and I honestly don't remember the song playing for me to walk down the aisle!! I WANT TO HEAR IT! But that's on me, not the Dragon Duo, obviously.

Diane · Married on 10/29/2016

Melissa and Dragon Duo were extremely easy to worth with, and had great suggestions for music. Thanks for making my daughter's wedding special!

Molly · Married on 10/23/2016

We hired Dragon Duo for our ceremony music. They are easy to work with and incredibly talented! I was pretty much clueless on how the ceremony should flow, and they offered suggestions making it easy and pain free. They offer plenty of classics, but are also happy to accommodate more contemporary tastes...we walked back down the aisle to the Game of Thrones theme! I got multiple compliments on their performance during my reception. Their pricing is also very reasonable. Hire them and you will be happy.

• User7193399 · 2+ years ago

It was such a pleasure having The Dragon Duo play at our outdoor wedding ceremony. Melissa is very professional and was very responsive throughout all of the planning stages. They truly made our wedding unique and special.

Lauren · Married on 06/04/2016

We booked the Dragon Duo to play at our wedding ceremony, and we are so glad we did. We had no idea what sort of music we wanted, but Melissa sent us an expansive email with links to different songs in their repertoire and a wide variety of styles. We selected our music, sent them a copy of the ceremony script and told them what their cues would be – and that was all the work we had to do. They showed up an hour before the ceremony as contracted and did a phenomenal job. Guests were telling me for days after the wedding how beautiful the music was, and Melissa was responsive and easy to work with. If you’re looking for reliable, stress-free, and very talented musicians, I would highly recommend the Dragon Duo.

Colleen · Married on 04/09/2016

Dragon Duo gave our wedding that perfect elegant touch! Melissa Hayes was very quick to email back and was very organized. She was also very helpful in planning the music for the ceremony and had lots of sample programs to choose from, which was a huge help. Having a vendor during wedding planning that just took care of business and didn't make me stress one bit was amazing. Not to mention the music was beautiful and exactly what I was wanting! Thank you so much Dragon Duo!!

Jenna · Married on 10/17/2015

I couldn't be happier that we chose Dragon Duo to perform during our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They are true professionals, and their music and timing was flawless during our ceremony. We even chose a song for our unity candle lighting that was not in their repertoire, and they came up with a beautiful arrangement for us. Weddings by nature tend to be stressful, so it was very comforting to know that we wouldn't have to worry about our musicians. Many guests told us how wonderful the music was afterward. Dragon Duo made our day really special, and we can't thank them enough! If you're looking for violinists for your wedding, you'll be in great hands with Melissa and Jenger.

Darci · Married on 08/08/2015

Dragon Duo did a great job! Melissa was responsive and helpful, and the music sounded very full and beautiful during my wedding ceremony. I really have no complaints throughout the entire process. Thank you Dragon Duo!

• User5072042 · 2+ years ago

I would highly recommend the Dragon Duo. They did such an amazing job at my wedding. Their song selections and communication was great. My family and friends enjoyed listening to them and complimented on how professional they were.

• Molly

Molly · Married on 04/11/2015

I had the Dragon Duo play at our ceremony and they did a great job!

Kaylum · Married on 11/15/2014

My husband and I used the Dragon Duo for our ceremony at the Jewel Box. They sounded great throughout our ceremony and the songs they suggested were beautiful. They were reasonable in price and very friendly.

Jamie · Married on 05/17/2014

The Dragon Duo played (stringed trio) for our cocktail hour. It was beautiful and very fitting for the event. They were extremely easy to work with and a great value! We got many compliments from guests.

Kayla · Married on 11/02/2013

The Dragon Duo exceeded expectations. I really wanted to walk down the aisle to In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel. This was not part of their repertoire, but Melissa was more than willing to put together an arrangement for this song. It was so beautiful. We only had 2 violins, but they still sounded so full and were perfect for our smaller ceremony. I highly recommend them and having live musicians is such a nice addition to a wedding ceremony.

Vickie · Married on 07/05/2013

Thank you for the lovely violin music you played at my daughter's wedding last weekend. We received so many compliments about the music, and the selections were spot on. I am impressed with your talent, professionalism, and willingness to participate when we planned a surprise for our daughter. You joined right in, sneaking in her favorite Harry Potter songs at just the right time. It was a lovely day, for all the right reasons, and you created a mood or ambiance that carried over into the rest of the evening. I am happy to recommend you highly. Thanks again!

Vickie S.

Ashley · Married on 06/22/2013

My wedding was supposed to be an outdoor wedding, but due to weather (and I mean drastic down pour stormy weather), it had to be held indoors. It was still so beautiful, but the room just barely fit all of our guests. Needless to say it was a little packed... the Dragon Duo did amazing despite the changes that had to be made and they were very flexible with what needed to be done! I was very pleased and even though we had the thunder in the background (which actually added a cool touch), they played beautifully! I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Claire · Married on 06/08/2013

The music at our wedding ceremony sounded absolutely beautiful! We had many guests rave about how wonderful they sounded! Melissa was great to work with...she was very quick to respond to my questions and followed through with all our requests. Thank you, Dragon Duo!!