The Dominion Country Club Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Cynthia R. Married on 10/24/2021

Amazing!

I was blessed to have worked with Jennifer, Allison, and Franck. There are not enough words to express how grateful I am to not only these three, but the entire staff. From the janitor, who made sure that everything was clean and ready for my big day, to the bartenders/wait staff who supplied us with the best coffee and martinis a girl could ask for while getting ready, to the wait staff/bartenders who catered to not only me and my husband but every single one of our friends and loved ones, and the secretary at the front who always greeted us with a smile and helped in every way she could. If you wanna have a phenomenal experience this is the place!!!
  • SCOTT
    Scott W. Married on 09/18/2021

Amazing Venue & Staff

This is the best place to secure your wedding! It is highly fashionable and conscious of look, feel and taste yet is budget conscious of some of the bigger hotels and “barns”. The wedding planner (included!) , Allison, gave pointers and feedback of what she had seen others do and helped plan the entire evening. It was MAGIC in the background! All of my guests continued to remark how beautiful it was and how well it flowed —I had no last minute worry EVER!! You do not have to be a member to have this exquisite beautiful and absolutely engaging space indoors and outdoors with delectable food! This is the spot !! Without question! Hopefully your date is available! Thank you to all who supported and made my big day such a wonderful experience!

The Dominion Country Club's reply:

Hi Scott & Laurie - thank you for the awesome review! We are so happy that you were so thrilled with your experience at The Dominion. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness! May the Force be with you! :)
    By the way, please make sure your photographer send us your photos! We can’t wait to see them!
  • Emily
    Emily B. Married on 07/16/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

5 star from beginning to end! Book now!

Wow! What can we say? From the very beginning, we knew this was our venue! The attention to detail, responsiveness, and professionalism was above and beyond our expectations. Allison was our day of coordinator but was there for us every step of the way with every question we had. The food was amazing as was the service. Would highly recommend it!

The Dominion Country Club's reply:

Hello Emily - thank you for the nice review! We are so honored you selected The Dominion to host your special day! We hope you and Arturo have a long happy life together!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Lauren
    Lauren H. Married on 07/09/2021

Gorgeous, Elegant, Glamorous

The Dominion Country Club went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect! In fact, they made the entire wedding process perfect every step of the way. We worked with Allison and Jennifer to plan our day and they truly made this experience all about us, going the extra mile to ensure all of our dreams came true. We had planned an outdoor ceremony and then had a rainy day wedding. Allison and her team made the transition to an indoor ceremony so smooth, and the ceremony space turned out gorgeous! The food was some of the best we have ever had! We had the herb roasted chicken with risotto and green beans...still fantasizing about this meal!! The space itself is also absolutely stunning!! We love the warm lighting, the elegance of the venue, and how gorgeous the golfing space was as a backdrop for our photos. All of our guests said it was the most gorgeous wedding venue they've ever been to! We are so incredibly glad we had our wedding at the Dominion Country Club!!!

Hello Lauren,

Thank you so much for the kind words and amazing review. Speaking for Allison and the entire team, it was a true honor to be a part of your special day! Thank you for choosing The Dominion Country Club. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!

All our best,
    Roxanne Day
    Sales Director
  • Cesbes7
    Ceseli Married on 04/24/2021

Beautiful Venue

We recently had our wedding at Dominion Country Club. I am still receiving so many compliments on just the pure beauty of this venue. The historical feature of the venue made for some AMAZING photos. From the first tour to the very end both Jennifer and Allison were so attentive and really helped us have the wedding of our dreams. Not only were the event coordinators lovely to work with, the entire staff from the servers to the bartenders were friendly, professional and made sure the day was seamless. I would recommend this venue to anyone.

The Dominion Country Club's reply:

Hello Ceseli, thank you for the wonderful feedback! We are so thrilled you were so happy with your experience at The Dominion! You were a pleasure to work with, and we hope you have a long happy marriage!!
    Also, please send us your photos when you get them from the photographer! We can't wait to see them!!
  • Renee
    Renee T. Married on 02/27/2021

Amazing stress free wedding

Believe me when I tell you we looked at ALL the wedding venues before we decided on The Dominion Country Club. I could not have been happier, not only were we able to stay within our budget but the quality didn’t have to suffer. This venue is BEAUTIFUL, we didn’t end up doing any decor of our own because, well...it wasn’t necessary. We let the beauty of the venue speak for itself. The food was absolutely delicious and we went with a dessert bar as opposed to the classic cake and all the desserts were perfect as well 😋. Jennifer and Allison were our planners and they made the whole process super easy and walked us through everything, they were a blessing! I am a textbook over analyzer and stresser but the wedding day went off without a hitch I didn’t have a worry in the world and we just really got to enjoy ourselves, it was an amazing day and if we ever renew our vows I’d love to return to The Dominion!

The Dominion Country Club's reply:

Hi Renee - thank you for the wonderful review! We are so happy that you and Jesse were so happy with everything! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day! We wish you a long and blissful marriage!!
  • Katie
    Katie D. Married on 01/09/2021

Absolutely wonderful

The Dominion Country Club was wonderful to work with from the day I contacted them until the wedding day. Jennifer and Allison were willing to work with me on everything to make my dream happen! They went over the entire contract with me to make everything fit my budget. They met with me several times to ensure every detail was going to be perfect. They are willing to help with everything, they let me borrow easels, and even some decorations at no extra cost. The day of went absolutely seamlessly. We had waitress for just the brides room to help with anything we needed and Jennifer took care of everything for the ceremony and reception. I brought my decorations and she set everything up, I didn’t have to worry about a thing! I was able to drop everything off at the rehearsal which also went flawlessly. The food was amazing and we had several options to choose from at the tasting. This venue truly simplifies the whole experience and takes so many stresses off. They take care of linens (with hundreds of choices) food, alcohol and all day-of coordination (but will also help as much as you need throughout the process). I was able to fully enjoy my wedding day with my family and friends and it was absolutely perfect! The venue is classically beautiful and timeless.

The Dominion Country Club's reply:

Hello Katie - thank you for the wonderful review! Your wedding was an amazing start to the New Year! We hope all of our 2021 couples are as sweet and fun as you and Chester! Thank you for allowing us to host your special day! We wish you a long and blissful life together!!
  • Richard
    Richard H. Married on 09/19/2020

A wonderful Covid wedding experience

Our Covid wedding went extremely well! The Club worked closely with us as our allowed guest list changed like the wind! Staff was accommodating and bent over backwards for us. The setting for our wedding service outside was beautiful. The food and service was amazing. The preferred vendor list that Club provided was very helpful to us. The Club provided a wedding coordinator who was with us every step of the way to ensure the wedding service and dinner were perfect. I would use the Dominion for all special events!

The Dominion Country Club's reply:

Hello Richard - thank you for the nice feedback! We are thrilled to know you and your beautiful bride, Luchia, are happy with your wedding experience at The Dominion! We wish you a long and happy life together! Take care! :)
  • Nicolette
    Nicolette A. Married on 05/23/2020

Absolutely Beautiful!

This is a spectacular venue for an indoor or outdoor wedding. All the windows let in so much light and reflected off the chandeliers. The food was superb and the service was excellent. We had many choices in food and table decor. Jennifer, our wedding coordinator at The Dominion, was so helpful and responsive! We never had to worry if the wedding was going to be beautiful. It was!!

The Dominion Country Club's reply:

Hello Nicolette & Jose - thank you so much for the awesome review! We're so honored you selected us to host your special day. You were a pleasure to work with, and we wish you a long and blissful marriage!!
  • Lisa
    Lisa M. Married on 10/12/2019

5-star venue

The Dominion was everything we hoped it would be for our wedding! It is a beautiful venue, the food and drinks were wonderful, and the service was great for our wedding day. The entire staff did an amazing job throughout our planning process- it was fun, not stressful, because of how well they accommodated us and our vision for our wedding day!

The Dominion Country Club's reply:

Hello Lisa, thank you for the nice review. We are so glad to know how pleased you are with your experience at The Dominion. We wish you and Elliott a long and happy future together!
    Congratulations on your upcoming 6 month anniversary (in 6 days!).
  • Anabella
    Anabella S. Married on 09/21/2019

Beautiful Venue & Unforgettable Reception

Our wedding reception at The Dominion Country Club was absolutely romantic, breathtaking & memorable. We can’t imagine having our reception anywhere else. The venue was gorgeous. The service was great. The food was delicious. Our guests had a wonderful time. This unique venue will make any wedding reception spectacular. The attention that was given to us prior to the wedding took the stress off of us. We received many compliments from our guests on the beauty of our reception. Thank you Dominion Country Club for helping to make our wedding day so incredibly special. I highly recommend this venue.

The Dominion Country Club's reply:

Hello Anabella, thank you for the nice review! We are so thrilled to know that you and your guests had such an enjoyable experience! We wish you and Matt all the best in your future life together!
  • Carmen
    Carmen Married on 07/27/2019

Spectacular Wedding Experience

The Dominion Country Club is nothing less than spectacular. My husband and I got married at TDCC in July. The elegance, romance, beauty, flexibility, service, and QUALITY of this venue and the crew was top of the line. It was everything we wanted it to be and more! At the beginning it was a tad rough because the event director at the time was not very organized BUT luckily Jennifer took over the position and blew us away. She was so great and extremely extremely helpful. Let’s not forget the whole crew . They all did an amazing job. We got so many compliments on our venue choice. Our guests were very pleased with everything. The food was fantastic! We got so many family members and friends telling us over and over again how delicious the food was. The drinks were also great! Overall, everything went so smoothly and beautifully. My husband and I are so thankful for everyone and everything. We could not have picked a better venue for our wedding. I would 10/10 recommended The Dominion Country Club.

The Dominion Country Club's reply:

Thank you for the nice comments! We enjoyed hosting you and your guests, and we wish you the best in your new marriage and life together!
    Diane F. Married on 03/30/2019

Perfect Wedding Reception!

We held our daughters wedding reception at the Dominion this past March. What a magical night. We are still hearing from friends/family that it was the best reception they had attended. The atmosphere, food, and MOSTLY the staff made it the best evening. When we left the club late in the evening, we left knowing it could have not gone any better! Thank you to everyone at the Dominion! We can't say enough to the wonderful staff that delivered a magical night.

The Dominion Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review! It was a pleasure hosting your event, and we are so happy to know everyone had a wonderful time!
    S. Married on 10/10/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We recently had our wedding ceremony, reception and day after brunch at the Dominion. The professionalism and quality of service we received from start to finish was exceptional. The wedding coordinator, Sophie, went above and beyond to make sure our every request was taken care of and our weekend was stress free. The facility is beautiful and well maintained. The food was delicious and servings generous. The Dominion is a perfect all in one package for a classy, elegant, event.
    Carrie Married on 10/25/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    This is such a beautiful place to get married. The food is fabulous and it's nice to have a gorgeous outdoor ceremony with indoor reception... Ivy is the head coordinator out there and she is amazing...AMAZiNG! She is so patient, kind, very organized and responsive! We had lots of questions and she patiently went through it with us making it easy! The dominion has so much to offer and lots of room to accommodate! People were so happy! I was beyond happy! You will be too if you get married here... Trust me! I had zero complaints about this place and they really customize it for each couple! Food is delicious!

The Dominion Country Club's reply:

Thank you Carrie for the kinds words! I enjoyed every minute of working with you, your mom, and April .Congratualtions again!
    Joyce Event on: 06/21/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Everything was great! The guests loved the room, it was well appointed and very nice. Received many positive comments about the food, it was excellent and the service was very good. Thank you Ivy for your assistance and awesome customer service!
  • User1670257 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Pros:
    -Beautiful location
    -Beautiful view/building (inside and outside)
    -Floor layout allowed everything to just flow smoothly (had my ceremony and reception at The Dominion)
    -beautifully decorated (helped save $)
    -Working with Ivy

Ivy is AMAZING!!!! When I went venue shopping, it was important to find someone who was in charge that I could count on. Ivy answered every email promptly, gave me awesome advice and vendor sugguestions, met with me at every request, she is just beyond amazing at her job and as a person!

She is one of the SWEETEST people you'll meet! She is a very hard worker and you can tell she just loves her job. She helped make my wedding super stress free and one of my best memories ever. I can't thank her enough!! :)

Janet Married on 12/15/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Ivy was incredible and helped so much. My stress was tremendously reduced knowing how she handled everything.
    The venue was beyond my expectation and I am a member of the Club. It was transformed and beautifully executed..
    Mrs. Married on 11/02/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We are from Los Angeles but our daughter had her wedding in San Antonio to accommodate family. Our daughter chose The Dominion because of it's beauty, great food and they allow indoor and outdoor fireworks that were spectacular! Ivy Summerlin is their coordinator and went above and beyond to help us which was a huge task with us out of town. I would recommend this stunning venue to anyone!

The Dominion Country Club's reply:

We had such a great time working with you! Thanks you for sharing your daughters big day with us!
    Sonia Married on 10/06/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My understanding of perfection can confuse and upset some people…, so I decided to plan my daughter's wedding myself. The perfect wedding, where every piece fits together.(Who knew-it is one million little pieces to fit)!!!
    I can share with you stories about my exhausting days and nights, ups and downs, conflicts and very small progress, but, what I would rather do is to share with you a MIRACLE which happened to me…..
    In the midst of this chaos a saw a light and an Angel appeared.
    Actually, she had a physical body and her name is Rachel Ralph. She is a catering Director at the Dominion Country Club.
    Rachel became truly a godsend in my very challenging “planning “life.
    She is the most knowledgeable, professional, receptive, helpful, patient and extremely kind person, I ever encountered. Her customer service skills are a shining example of what true service represents. Rachel spent with me an unbelievable amount of time. (And I mean –UNBELIVABLE AMOUT OF TIME!!!!)She guided, advised, and supported me and “brought me back”, from numerous panic attacks. In my search for perfection, she became the only person, who actually knew, what I want.
    Her ability to communicate, responding to my emails, in the most timely manner, her unconditional grace, made me believe –Rachel is truly an ANGEL.
    After a year of planning, my daughter’s wedding turned out to be this amazing, magical event, we always dreamed it to be.
    Rachel was instrumental in this DREAM COME TRUE.
    We would like to thank Rachel Ralph for this amazing job she done, but most of all for her unconditionally carrying attitude!!!
    Our greatest thanks to the amazing team at the Dominion Country Club: to the spectacular Chef, who prepared this gourmet food, to the sharp and classy waiters and bartenders, to the maintenance people , who keep the Dominion Country Club as sparkling as it can be.
    Wow, what an unbelievable expe

• User939984 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Highly recommended for you wedding reception!
    Rachael, catering director, was very professional, easy to work with, and very organized. She was there at our reception from start to finish to ensure that our timeline was on point as scheduled; it was nice to sit back ad actually enjoy my own wedding and let someone else be in charge of coordinating activities during the evening.
    The venue was phenomenol; we had access to the entire clubhouse all evening. The fountain on the outdoor patio and beautiful view of the golf course was majestic.
    Catering crew was excellent. Very good food and service.
  • Amanda
    Amanda Married on 08/25/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Rachel was amazing, she walked us through everything detail at a time. Very elegant and just everything I wanted and more. Very professional. She gave me plenty of options and really worked miracles with our budget. Beautiful venue so you don't have to decorate and the food was delicious.
    Tracy Married on 03/10/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The Dominion Country Club is a beautiful place to have your wedding. Everything is so elegant! The food was absolutely amazing, and the servers were so friendly! The best part about having your wedding at the Dominion is that Rachael works with you to make your wedding perfect. She makes sure everything goes as planned so that you don't have to worry about a thing. I got to enjoy every moment of my wedding because I knew Rachael would take care of everything.
    Valerie Married on 10/01/2011
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We recently had our wedding reception at the Dominion Country Club and we could not have asked for a better wedding reception. Rachael, the Dominion Catering Director, is a god send and has been so helpful from the start. When we first booked the Dominion Country Club for our reception, Darlene was the catering director at the time. Darlene was a terror to work with, disorganized, and misinformed us about several things from the contract to payment plans. But, when Rachael took the helm everything just seemed to flow so much better, and she made wedding planning a breeze.

The day of our wedding started off a disaster. Our florist and then day of wedding coordinator dropped the ball. She not only did not deliver my bouquet and the rest of the ceremony flowers, but she had a mental breakdown right before the reception. Even with this major issue, Rachael stepped right in and picked up where our day of coordinator failed. Rachael was organized the entire time, pleasant, and reassured us our wedding was going to be spectacular. The chef that prepared the food went above and beyond our expectations. The steak and shrimp were cooked to perfection. Most of our guest even stated that this was the best wedding food they have ever eaten. Our personal host and server, Pete, did a phenomenal job. He served all of our requests and needs, and he did it all with a smile. I can say the same for the rest of the Dominion staff. The Dominion Country Club itself is well manicured, and the outdoor terrace was beautiful for our cocktail hour.

So, if you are looking for a great venue to host your wedding or reception, look nowhere else but the Dominion Country Club. It is by far an affordable option, a beautiful setting, and Rachael will give you the peace of mind that your wedding will be amazing.

Buky Married on 07/16/2011
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I always wondered why the Dominion Country Club, which is a gorgeous venue, never really had reviews or pictures online, and then I found out. The lady that was originally there, Darlene, was not very good at all. It was easier pulling teeth out than getting a hold of this lady or getting a reply (and I'm a dentist so I would know, haha). She just always seemed distracted and it was just so frustrating trying to plan things with your venue when the person you are working with was never around! Then a blessing came in Rachel Ralph. This girl is a professional. She would reply to my emails within a day. She answered all my questions promptly and thoroughly, and she took care of every single detail I asked for the day of the wedding as well as the day after when I had to come back and pick up some of my decorations. She is EXTREMELY good at her job. I felt at ease talking to her and that she was really there for me and what I wanted. Not to mention the rest of the staff at Dominion is spectacular. I just can't believe how thorough they were with everything I asked. My wedding was exactly what I wanted and more. If you weren't considering the Dominion as a wedding venue, think again. You will not be disappointed.
illustration stars