The DJ Duo Reviews

7 | Penn Yan, NY

7 Reviews for The DJ Duo

• Kristen

Kristen Noble · Getting married on 05/08/2022

The perfect day, and perfect music!

Don and Moon did an amazing job with our ceremony and reception. They were very easy to work with and accommodating of our requests and set the perfect mood for our celebration. Our guests had a great time and several commented on how much they enjoyed the music.

Sent on 09/22/2020
  • Haley

Haley Servidone · Married on 10/03/2020

Amazing Vendor!

Don was a fantastic DJ to work with. His work and involvement in our day was seamless. He was spot on with what we asked him to do as far as music style. He also worked with us to add additional special touches to the day. We would 100% recommend him to anyone we know!

Sent on 10/05/2020
  • Erin

Curtis Williams · Married on 09/25/2020

The ideal DJ Team!!!

I honestly can't say enough good things about Don and Moon. Tp provide some context, my husband and I were a couple that was affected by the pandemic. Our original plan was to get married in SC at the end of October, but due to the circumstances, we decided to cancel those plans in June and get married closer to home. We stumbled upon our venue, Crispin Hill, and made the leap of faith (I think we were fully delusional at this point) to re-plan another wedding for the end of September. So long story short, we had 3 months to plan an entire wedding. Given the lack of time, we stuck to the venue's preferred vendor list, and we are so glad we did because that introduced us to The DJ Duo.

Right away we were impressed and relieved. They were UNBELIEVABLY affordable, genuinely kind, and clearly so experienced. Their platform was more organized than our previous DJs and they were so attentive to all of our questions and requests. They didn't flinch when they saw that we had essentially mapped out a playlist for the entire evening; instead, they saw our taste and overall vibe and gave us AMAZING recommendations. We had the outmost confidence in their ability to set the tone we wanted and keep the wedding moving and we were not disappointed. I have been to several weddings where the DJ was either too involved or not involved enough--Don and Moon have mastered the perfect balance. They stuck to the playlist and all of the nit-picky requests I made; they interacted with the guests but weren't obnoxious; they were fun AND made everything run smoothly to the point where guests made several comments to us throughout the wedding.

Our day could not have gone as wonderfully without The DJ Duo. I highly recommend them and would choose them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/13/2020
  • Leah

Leah Hodge · Married on 08/22/2020

This team is amazing!

About a month out from our wedding, we had to make some last minute changes due to Covid and frantically find a DJ. Our wedding coordinator at Crispin Hill in Penn Yan recommended Don. Within 24 hours we called and were booked with him and his team! The fact that we were able to book this so last minute was a life saver. Don was so calm about the entire situation, which took away all the stress that I had. He was more than accommodating to every wish I had when it came to music. I felt like he completely understood exactly what I wanted. If you’re looking for a DJ for your wedding this is very important and he definitely came through!! He also made sure we had a few phone calls before the big day to make sure we were on the same page and to go over the entire day together. I was so impressed by this. 5 stars all around. I would give 10 stars if I could. Thank you Don and Moon!!

Sent on 10/03/2020

Lia McCabe · Married on 07/24/2020

Fantastic DJ for Crispin Hill

DJ Duo Don & Moon did a fantastic job for my daughter's wedding at Crispin Hill. They came recommended by the venue and they were a perfect choice. We used them for the ceremony music to play original recordings from the bride's grandfather and they were able to recreate the original church atmosphere but outside (music was recorded in a church). In addition, they handled the sound for the wedding party toasts and of course the dancing. Dance music was spot on, with catchy tunes and a variety of songs that catered to the younger and middle age crowds. They were very personable and accomodating. In addition, because they were familiar with the venue, they were able to set up the lighting to take full advantage of the spaces.
    We were very happy with our decision to go with them.

Sent on 09/21/2020

Molly Paciorek · Married on 10/05/2019

Fabulous Fun

That are professional, on time and great at keeping schedule. The music is smooth and they are just, fabulous and kind. They take the time to get to know you as a couple and make the schedule you wa t for your day. They are so sweet and supportive.

Sent on 09/04/2020