The Delmonico String Quartet Reviews

24 | Rochester, NY

24 Reviews for The Delmonico String Quartet

Charlotte · Married on 08/18/2018

I hired Delmonico String Quartet to play at my daughter’s wedding ceremony and cocktail hour in an outdoor setting on Owasco Lake. The lovely sound of their music made this special occasion even more beautiful. It was a great experience working with John from the beginning of the planning stage through the actual event. I’m so glad we videotaped the wedding so we can watch and listen to it over and over again. I loved the mix of classical and modern music. John and his musicians took things in hand and made it so easy for me. They are truly professional in all ways!

Allie · Married on 07/28/2018

They were amazing!!! I couldn’t have asked for anything more. They were so helpful before our wedding and played beautifully! Thank you guys!

Julie · Married on 07/07/2018

The music was so beautiful and we had so many guests tell us how much they enjoyed listening to them perform. They were such a perfect addition to our wedding! We would recommend them to anyone looking for a string quartet.

Patrick · Married on 07/01/2018

Despite the heat index being unbearable during our wedding, they came out, still dressed very professionally and played beautifully. They sounded outstanding and added the classical music touch the groom (a music educator) desired. They were very easy to work and communicate with and their music selection was great. We would recommend them to anyone!

Lourdes · Married on 05/26/2018

Excellent!! We had a couple of special song requests for our first dance and parents dance. Thanks to John and his quartet we were able to dance to our dream song! He was ahead of us in confirming the schedule and setting up, which is really great when you have so many things to coordinate. We highly recommend them, they were the most flexible and easygoing of all our wedding providers.

Natasha · Married on 10/07/2017

Great! They did a wonderful job!

• Brenda

Brenda · Married on 09/30/2017

I can not say enough about The Delmonico String Quartet! They are absolutely phenomenal, and they made our wedding celebration so special. We hired them to play cocktail hour. Guests kept coming up to find out who they were and where we "found them." They plaid a mix of classical and contemporary pieces, including some of our favorite songs. They were so kind, professional, and again, just spectacular. I would recommend this group to anyone, a highlight of our day!

ASHLEY · Married on 09/16/2017

Delmonico did a beautiful job at my wedding. Even though I only was able to hear the music that played during mass and not the pre-lude music, I was overwhelmed with how beautiful Canon in D sounded as I walked down the aisle.

Ashley · Married on 09/09/2017

We hired the Delmonico String Quartet for our September 9th wedding. We couldn't have been happier with the outcome! They were so incredibly professional; our guests were blow away! I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to take their ceremony to another level!

David · Married on 08/11/2017

These guys were awesome! They were very communicative and very easy to work with. I would highly recommend!

Mike · Married on 08/05/2017

They were excellent. Fit in perfectly with the ceremony and reception. Received many outstanding comments from our guests

Kathie · Married on 07/29/2017

Our wedding cocktail hour was just perfect because of Delmonico String Quartet. Many guests just sat and listened. Pretty classy touch to our event. I have recommended to others. Our cost below includes 1 cocktail hour plus mileage bc we were more than 50 miles away from Rochester. We did not use them for our ceremony but heard them play for one which is why we booked them.

Krista · Married on 05/07/2017

I loved having the delmonico string quartet perform at my wedding. They accommodated our every need. All of our guests kept complimenting as to what a wonderful job they did. Id recommend them anytime! My wedding was extra special because of them!

Jillian · Married on 04/22/2017

I am so happy I went with you! I honestly can't thank you enough for being so go-with-the-flow and evening learning a brand new piece for my wedding! Take as old as Time was what made everyone cry (in a good way) and I could not have asked for anything better!! So many guests came up to me saying how beautiful you sounded and how perfect it made the wedding.

Stephanie · Married on 10/25/2014

The Delmonico String Quartet was an absolutely wonderful addition to our wedding ceremony! They were professional, courteous, and easy to work with. They even did a special arrangement of a piece for the bridal processional for us! All of our guests raved about how beautiful they sounded and many asked for their cards and contact information. I have heard them at another friend's wedding as well for their cocktail hour and they were magnificent there as well. Highly recommend!
    Thank you guys for helping make our wedding so beautiful :)

Anya · Married on 09/12/2014

I am so glad we chose The Delmonico String Quartet for our wedding ceremony! The music was beautiful and everyone very professional. Prior to the event, we worked together on selecting the music and going over the schedule. I would not hesitate to book them again! A+++

Louise Fredette · Married on 07/05/2014

It is a pleasure to be able to wholeheartedly recommend the Delmonico Quartet.
    they are professional and talented. The quartet did an excellent job and went above and beyond to make sure the music at the wedding was great. John worked with the cantor and pianist to coordinate all the music. We were very pleased and thankful for all his work as well as the beautiful music during the wedding. Many of our guest commented on how much they enjoyed the music and how much it added to the ceremony.

Lisa · Married on 07/26/2013

The Delmonico String Quartet was an absolute pleasure to work with! They played for our ceremony and cocktail hour, and we've received so many compliments on their performance from our guests. As a violinist myself, I could not have been happier or more impressed by the members of the quartet, as they played beautifully together. John Delmonico is a truly talented cellist, as well as a great person to work with. He really took the time to help us determine the music for our ceremony, and went above and beyond by offering to arrange a song outside of their traditional repertoire in order to accompany our vocalist. We are so happy with their service and professionalism, and couldn't recommend them more highly!

Thanks so much John, Angela, Elyse, and Evan for making our day so memorable!

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/26/2013

The music provided was incredibly moving. The musicians were professional and highly talented and charged a fraction of many other local musicians. They suggested a number of perfect musical selections to meet our ceremony needs an played them with skill and ease. They arrived early and stayed till all guests left, and did not faulter at any point. They were even flexible to work within my budget, providing me with a trio upon my request instead of a full quartet. They also have substitute musicians available that are just as skilled as the original four musicians. I would highly recommend this group for any classical music needs, especially for church ceremonies.

• User4437478 · event on: 09/29/2014

The DelMonico String Quartet performed beautifully during a corporate event as background music for a cocktail reception. From first contact and booking to the final measures of the evening, the musicians were professional, responsible and a pleasure to work with, not to mention talented. We will use their services again in the future and would recommend them highly.

Tayler · Married on 06/24/2017

Excellent musicians! They were the perfect addition to our wedding day

Christy · Married on 06/03/2017

The Delmonico strings was the perfect added touch to our outdoor wedding. They were very flexible and also open to songs we would prefer. On the end we trusted them to pick music and all of our guests loved their choices. Thank you for your beautiful service!

Tom and Cathy · event on: 08/08/2015

John and his fellow musicians did a wonderful job. They played a nice variety of background music, responded to some guest requests, and supported the host backing up some songs played and sung by the hosts. They were very friendly and accommodating in every way.
    I highly recommend them if you are looking for interesting, well-played but not intrusive background music.