The Dane Estate at Pine Manor College Reviews

The Dane Estate at Pine Manor College 3
The Dane Estate at Pine Manor College 4

Shane Halton · Married on 09/02/2018

5/5 Would Recommend for Any Formal Gathering

The Dane Estate was the perfect venue for our wedding. The place has such great ambiance and furnishing - it will look great even if you only add minimal decorations. The band said the acoustics in the ballroom were great as well. Devanna was incredible to work with!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Diana · Married on 08/04/2018

We had the most amazing wedding for our daughter at the Dane Estate. The venue is beautiful. Devanna and her staff were wonderful, seamlessly taking charge of everything so all we had to do was enjoy the day. The food is better than restaurant quality and service was impeccable. I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 08/05/2018

Laura · Married on 06/24/2017

Dane Estate was the perfect wedding venue! From the moment we walked into the beautiful estate and met Devanna and Michelle, we knew that this was going to be a wonderful place for a wedding. Not only is Dane Estate an exquisite home from the 1890s, but also it was a joy to work with Devanna and Michelle. We do not know how we could have held the wedding without them! They were incredibly fast to answer any and all questions we had, and they gave us superb recommendations for the band and other aspects of the wedding, big and small. Planning a wedding can be all-consuming, and Devanna and Michelle were so helpful, supportive, and creative. Along with Devanna and Michelle, the catering team was willing to personally customize the passed hors d'oeuvres, which were just delicious. The location itself was wonderful, too. Our guests loved it, and many enthusiastically asked us how we found this place. It is a particularly nice location because guests are able to explore the first floor and the grounds during the cocktail hour and dinner, if they so choose. Furthermore, it is a very comfortable environment for all ages with lots of seating throughout. Our favorite aspect of the place, however, has to be Founders Hall with its beautiful wood carvings, high golden ceilings, big windows, and ornate organ. It was the perfect room for our dinner and dancing! We could not be happier with our decision to host our wedding at Dane Estate, and we feel truly grateful that we found it. It is a spectacular place with wonderful people!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Magda · event on 03/25/2017

We were delighted by our entire experience with the Dane Estate. During the planning process, Michelle and Devanna were extremely helpful, upbeat (even when faced with our numerous questions), and very responsive.

The event at Dane Estate exceeded our expectation. Our entire family was thrilled with the bar mitzvah party; the food was excellent, the venue looked wonderful, and Erin (as well as the other staff at the site that evening) was an enormous help. The kids all loved the layout of the Dane Estate, as they felt they could have their own space to dance and have fun. Our friends and relatives raved about the party too. And most importantly, the bar mitzvah boy was over the moon with the entire event--kudos to everyone at Dane Estate on a job well done! I would definitely plan another event here in the future!

Sent on 04/04/2017

The Dane Estate at Pine Manor College's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! Your family was an absolute pleasure to work with. We are thrilled that you were so happy with your experience :-).

T · event on 03/24/2017

The event was a great success. Everything was beyond everyone's expectations.
    One of my guest said:
    "One of the best party I've ever been to. The warmth, the fun, the humor, the love, the food, the venue, the planning, the music...
    The glow remains with me and lights my thoughts".
    The service was great and the food was exquisite. We did not choose the most expensive food menu as it was birthday, not a wedding. But chicken and fish (halibut) were not to forget. My guests were very much impressed!

Sent on 04/09/2017

The Dane Estate at Pine Manor College's reply:

Wow! We are so happy that you and your guests had such a wonderful experience. Thank you for this beautiful review :-).

M · Married on 10/15/2016

Michelle and Devanna have been such a pleasure to work with. From the very first email over a year ago to the end of our wedding, they have been nothing but helpful, patience, and very kind. The wedding was memorable for a number of reasons, and they certainly rank high on the list. I am so very happy to have worked with them and I owe them everything for putting this crazy bride at ease.

Sent on 11/08/2016

The Dane Estate at Pine Manor College's reply:

Thank you so much! You were a wonderful bride by the way ;-). So happy that we could help make the experience so memorable!

Lauren · Married on 10/01/2016

I’m so happy with our choice of venue. Dane Estate is a gorgeous venue (a friend likened it to the Great Hall at Hogwarts), with so much space and nooks for beautiful pictures.
    Working with Michelle and Devanna at Dane Estate was so easy. They were always very responsive to our questions and so willing to work with us to keep costs down. In fact, we fell in love with Dane Estate, but couldn’t justify the price. Michelle worked with us to put together a package that was completely within our budget. Her willingness to work with our budget was the deciding factor in picking Dane Estate.
    The food was AMAZING! We loved the food at the tasting, but were worried it wouldn’t be quite as good at the wedding (since they had to cook much larger quantities). We had nothing to worry about. We did a buffet with beef, salmon and a vegetarian option. Even now two months later, our family keeps talking about how much they liked the food. The passed appetizers and stationary displays were also very good (and well presented).
    The only thing we weren’t 100% in love with was the bar. We did like that Devanna and Michelle helped up find liquor options to suit our tastes. From what we heard from our guests, one of the bartenders was very inexperienced and didn’t know how to make common drinks (vodka tonic). We anticipated this, since it was likely students at the college, but just a note. Also, we also ran out of tequila (of all things) in the first hour, so the open bar does have its limits.

Sent on 01/02/2017

The Dane Estate at Pine Manor College's reply:

Lauren, thank you so much for your feedback. We REALLY enjoyed working with you and George. Thank you also for your note about the bar. We do employ TIPS certified bartenders, not students, so we will definitely be following up on this! We really hope that you will keep in touch!
    Michelle and Devanna
  • User6462146 · event on 02/13/2016

The Dane Estate was the perfect location for my son's Bar Mitzvah. The staff was always attentive and had great suggestions. The food was amazing and the day went just as I imagined. I could not be happier that I chose to celebrate at The Dane Estate.

Sent on 03/08/2016

I just got married and everything about the day/evening was PERFECT! I kept thinking, first chance I get, I'm going to review all of my vendors. All of the staff at Dane Estate were wonderful, organized, on top of it. We worked with Michelle and Lovelynn leading up to the event, and our coordinator the day of was Michelle Ciak. Everything was seamless (to my knowledge - who knows what was going on behind the scenes). The building and grounds are so gorgeous, it doesn't need a ton of decoration because it's so rustic and the wood and building itself is beautiful. We didn't do outdoors, we stayed indoors, so you it had to be 100 and under, and it felt really intimate. My husband and I were very happy with everything and I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 11/23/2015
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 10/03/2015

I had an amazing experience working with the event staff at The Dane Estate. Michelle, Michelle, and Lovelynn were extremely professional, prompt at responding to all my last minute bride questions, and seemed truly eager to make sure that my fiance and I had an amazing day that was both beautiful, fun, and completely "us". The location is gorgeous and elegant--ornate woodwork, beautiful antiques etc. All my guests are also still raving about the food (especially the risotto). From the waitstaff and bartenders to the chef and event staff everyone we worked with was professional, personable, and exceeded expectations. I would recommend The Dane Estate to anyone looking to host a function--we had the day I had always dreamed of and the venue and the staff helped us make that happen.

Sent on 10/25/2015

The Dane Estate is the most amazing place to have your wedding! I'm so happy we chose it. All the event coordinators esp. Michelle are helpful, knowledgeable and completely put your mind at ease. The food is amazing! My guests were calling after the wedding raving not only about the venue but also the food. Chef Patrick is awesome and will work with you to create whatever you desire. Do yourself a favor and have your wedding here. You will be happy you did.

Sent on 09/19/2015

Manuela · event on 03/21/2015

We are so happy that we choose Dane Estate at Pine Manor college for our event.
    The place is just beautiful, the staff is great and our ceremony and party was excellent in every way ( very well organize from beginning to end) !

Sent on 04/09/2015

Sonia · Married on 01/10/2015

Beautiful and very easy to deal with. We loved everything.

Sent on 03/13/2015

We had our wedding reception at the Dane Estate on 12/13/14 and it truly was the best day ever. Michelle, Lovelynn and their staff worked their magic and created an amazing setting for our winter wedding.

Michelle made everything so easy for us, from when we booked the Dane Estate up through the night of the reception. She was so organized and helpful and answered all of our questions and really guided us through the whole process, making it easy and stress-free. When we arrived at the reception, we loved being able to walk around and see how everything came together.

In addition, we loved how much we got for what we paid for. Dinner, cake and open bar really made the Dane Estate such an amazing value, especially based on the incredible location (just outside of Boston in Chestnut Hill). The food was delicious and we also did a chocolate fountain (through Dane Estate) which all of our guests absolutely loved and raved about.

One other thing about the Dane Estate that makes it so amazing is that there are so many amazing spots for photos. The main dining room has dueling staircases and amazing chandeliers that just make for incredible photos. When you walk into the Dane Estate there is also a large staircase with a large window and wrap around bench at the top- which my bridal party was able to take great photos from. There are also amazing spots outdoors to take incredible photos.

We could not have asked for a better day and we are so happy that we picked the Dane Estate as the location to have our wedding reception!!

Sent on 12/28/2014

Stacy · Married on 12/13/2014

Sent on 01/06/2015

I would highly recommend this venue to anyone who is planning to get married in the Boston area. The venue is intimate, warm and inviting. We were looking for a place where we could combine both our ceremony and reception and take advantage of someone to coordinate the event as we are very busy people. The Dane Estate team took care of everything from event planning to the catering in one location. From our first meeting, it was clear that we would have a fun and positive experience, which we did. They had wonderful suggestions throughout the process, and every detail was taken care of, with such grace and patience. I felt that they held my hand every step of the way. The catering team did a phenomenal job, everything was laid out so beautifully, served with such style and the food was to die for! All in all, I was a relaxed bride thanks to The Dane Estate team!

Sent on 12/10/2014

The Dane Estate is such a breathtaking venue! We fell in love with it the moment we saw it. The price was much better than other places we looked, and it included catering, cake, and linens. The food was tasty, the cake was gorgeous and delicious, and everything went so smoothly!! Michelle and Lovelynn were wonderful! I must say Michelle really is on top of things - even our officiator, who's done many many weddings, said she was one of the best wedding coordinators he's ever seen! She even saved the day on the wedding with her wedding emergency kit when the top button on my dress wouldn't button up! Would recommend it completely!

Sent on 11/15/2014

Catherine · Married on 06/28/2014

Michelle, Lovelynn, and everyone else at the Dane Estate was wonderful. First, they held 2 dates for us while we made up our minds. They were always calm, professional, prompt, and incredibly helpful when answering all of our questions. Unlike the other venues we looked into, they gave us good advice without engaging in high pressure sales tactics - their first priority really seemed to be making sure that we had the best wedding possible. We weren't the most well organized couple, but they were patient and helped us to figure out what other services we'd need and to coordinate those vendors. On the day of, Michelle took care of all of the actual set-up so we were able to focus on getting ready and taking pictures. Everything was beautiful and we had everything we needed.

Sent on 07/12/2014

Molly · Married on 06/21/2014

We had the most amazing experience working with the Dane Estate for our wedding. They are incredibly professional and everything was of the highest quality. They were very easy to work with as we made last minute adjustments and planned our own homemade crafts. We also loved that the package is very inclusive - food, beverage, cake, and a fantastic wedding coordinator was all a part of a single per person fee. The venue is quiet and secluded but was about a 10 minute ride from the Holiday Inn Brookline so was great so our out of town guests didn't have to rent vehicles and could easily explore the city. There are so many beautiful photo opportunities on their well manicured property that even includes a small pond. Everything was great and everyone was thrilled!!

Sent on 06/26/2014

Laura · Married on 10/13/2013

When my now-husband and I were looking for a venue for our wedding ceremony and reception, we wanted: 1) beautiful grounds for an outdoor ceremony and photographs, 2) a lovely and unique building for an indoor reception, 3) good food, and 4) organized, easy-to-work-with staff. We got all of that at Pine Manor. Michelle was our day-of coordinator, and the staff member with whom we dealt with the most. She and her boss Lovelynn were both wonderful. They guided us through every step of the process, from choosing menus, to figuring out setup of the space, to logistics. They were quick to respond to all our questions, and when the day of the wedding came, I felt like I really could just let Michelle handle everything. She and her staff did an amazing job of setting up all our decorations, which we provided ourselves instead of having them come from a florist or other professional. I'm generally nervous about delegation, and feel that "if you want something done right, do it yourself." After my wedding, though, I feel confident in saying, "if you want your wedding done right, have Michelle at Pine Manor do it." Considering all the work they did there, and considering the amount of stuff we got (LOTS of food, open top-shelf bar, linens, day-of coordination, cake from an excellent bakery, plenty of hand-holding), I would say that Pine Manor is also a good value for the money. Michelle made us feel so welcome and so valued, and I will always be grateful to her and the rest of the Pine Manor staff for helping to make my wedding absolutely amazing.

Sent on 10/24/2013

Rick & Bob · Married on 10/05/2013

When my husband and I were evaluating options for the wedding venue, the one thing we knew we wanted was a dueling staircase. From the moment we entered The Dane Estate through the Ferry Foyer and passed through the Library on our way to Founder’s Hall, we both knew this was the place we would be married. The wood carved walls, gold gilt ceilings and alabaster chandeliers all enhanced the grandeur of the staircase in Founder’s Hall and the estate. The grounds were a perfect setting for all the family photos and many special ones of just the two of us.

The options were overwhelming, but Lovelynn and Michelle guided us through to create a wedding beyond anyone’s imagination.

Not only did we get the staircase, we worked with an outstanding staff of people that we now consider friends. We were amazed at how much effort the Dane Estate Staff put into helping us make our vision a reality. Michelle, Lovelynn and the entire staff were professional, caring and attentive to our every need.
    Michelle, Lovelynn, Ashley and Chef David helped us create a menu that was truly amazing and mouthwatering.

Our wedding was a formal event that surpassed anything we could have ever dreamed was possible. As our guests entered Founder’s Hall for the ceremony and celebration, they gasped at the class, style and elegance. Most important The Dane Estate helped us fill the rooms with family and friends and more love than any two people could have asked for. Our lives will be forever touched by memories they helped us create. Our family and friends continue to compliment the venue and are still talking about the evening.

Thank you Lovelynn, Michelle and all the staff, our wedding was truly a night to remember.

Rick & Bob

Sent on 12/11/2013

My husband and I had an amazing wedding at Pine Manor. We had a beautiful outdoor ceremony overlooking a small body of water (even the geese joined us for a bit!). The cocktail hour was held in the lovely Dane Estate with an outdoor terrace overlooking the forest. Dinner and dancing were in a tent attached to the building. Our guests described the wedding as "magical." The food was delicious! As the bride I made it a point to try a little bit of everything.
    Lovelynn and Michelle, the event planners, were extremely helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process. They recommended great vendors and had helpful advice along the way. I highly recommend having your wedding or special event at the Dane Estate at Pine Manor College.

Sent on 09/19/2013

Lovelynn was amazing! From the first visit to when she sent me pictures a week after the wedding, she handled our event with style, grace, and class! Even when the catering company knocked over a sterno and almost set the place on fire! Lovelynn stepped in and handled everything! Thanks PMC and thank you Lovelynn Jensen!

Sent on 10/07/2012

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2011

Pine Manor is a breathtaking location. It captures the feel of New England, with pine-filled surroundings and a fantastic manor house emphasizing beautiful carved wooden architecture. My husband and I were married in the library, a lovely smaller room perfectly sized for our intimate ceremony. We then had a larger party in the ballroom, which is exceptional for the pipe organ covering one entire wall.
    We chose this venue in part because so many wedding necessities were available on-site; they have their own caterer, waitstaff, tables and chairs, linens, table settings, dressing rooms, and a day-of wedding coordinator on staff. Not having to search and compare vendors for these things saved us a lot of headaches.
    The staff is very accommodating, reliable, and professional. I was especially pleased at how they handled our special needs for the menu; I have a family full of people with celiac disease, and Pine Manor made sure that nobody got glutened. They took good care of us, and made sure we had an awesome wedding!

Sent on 01/11/2013

Vincent · Married on 09/27/2014

We arranged our wedding mostly from Ireland. When we had questions emails were responded to very quickly. They even organised to have a conversation over Skype to meet and organise dishes for the tasting menu. Incredibly friendly, competent and professional organisation and individuals to work with.

Sent on 10/07/2014

The Dane Estate at Pine Manor College's reply:

Thank you Vincent! It was our pleasure to work with such lovely clients!