The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough Reviews

The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough 4
The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough 5
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 10/07/2017

If I could, I would give Gil 10/5 stars. What an amazing person overall! He was responsive and made sure my husband and I got everything we could possibly want from our wedding day. We got compliments all night and since then about Gil. He was so well liked my MOH is using him for her wedding AND my mother-in-law took his cards to give out. BEST DJ IN THE ENTIRE TRI-STATE AREA, hands down.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Melissa · Married on 10/07/2017

AMAZING SINGER, DANCER, & ENTERTAINER! He had everyone from ages 6 to 93 years old dancing on the dance floor!!! Highly recommend!!! Everyone keeps talking about how amazing he was and I’m like ‘I know!!!!’

The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough 6
    The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough 7
    The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough 8
    The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough 9
    The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough 10
    The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough 11
    Sent on 10/26/2017

Casey · Married on 09/23/2017

If you want your guests up and dancing all night long, Gil is the DJ for you! If you're looking for a fun, party atmosphere, Gil is the DJ for you!! Gil was very energetic from the get-go and kept everyone on the dance floor. My guest said that the DJ was awesome and loved the energy he brought. Gil also provided the sound for the ceremony (also at Meredith Manor) and the music for the cocktail hour. Gil has DJ'd many weddings at Meredith Manor, so it was great to have a vendor there who knew the venue! Gil was also very accommodating when we had a little snafu with one of the payments. He was very willing to work with us and we got it all sorted out. Overall, I recommend Gil as a DJ if you're looking to have a hell of a good time at your wedding!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Loryel · Married on 09/16/2017

Gill was awesome to work with. He played the exact music that we discussed previous to the wedding and he helped me come up with certain songs during the ceremony that I was unsure of. After my wedding i had so many compliments on the dj even my boss loved him. I would definitely recommend.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Hope · Married on 09/09/2017

DJ Gil was AMAZING. He was full of energy and excitement about our day from the first conversation. He really paid attention to what we wanted and made sure that's what we got. He said we were going to have "the best party of the year" and we did. HE ROCKED IT!!!!! From dacing with the kids to feeling like we gained an extremely fun family member. DJ Gil is extremely highly recommended for any occasion in need of a DJ from us!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Vincent · Married on 07/01/2017

Gil is an enormous entertainer. He is a big guy with a huge personality. We wanted a DJ that would do what we wanted, help us where we needed, be high energy, fun and keep the party going. Gil delivered on every aspect. We interviewed MANY DJs as music and dancing was extremely important to us on so many levels and NO ONE even came close to the genuine understanding of what we wanted our wedding and reception to convey. Gil did...he listened, spent the time and delivered. We will use him again and again

Sent on 02/12/2018

Chelsey · Married on 06/10/2017

Gil was so much fun at our wedding! We wanted nothing but a fun, upbeat party and he made sure it happened. DJ's are the life of the party after all, so our main concern was finding someone fun! Our guests had a great time dancing all night and singing along. It was even more fun when he sang and danced with us.
    In addition to his DJ services, my dad and I took swing dance lessons from Gil for our Father-Daughter dance. Having NO dance experience at all, Gil taught us to swing in a few short weeks. He is the nicest person and treats you like family so you never feel embarrassed for not knowing how to dance! Plus you'll be a pro in no time, I highly recommend.

Sent on 07/05/2017

Katie · Married on 05/27/2017

Gil was amazing! All of our guests had a great time with him! He is part of our family now and will definetly be our go to DJ!

Sent on 07/26/2017
  • Barb

Barb · Married on 04/26/2017

Gil Keough - The Dancing DJ

I work in the hospitality industry and have worked with Gil for 10 years. He is our first choice for any event we have such as a Holiday Party, a grand opening for one of our hotels, a client event, our corporate conference, etc. He is so engaging and so fun to be around. You can tell he really loves what he does. When we have a client appreciation party, one of the first questions asked is will Gill be the DJ. In fact, one of our client's has actually hired Gil for one of their events because he is THAT GOOD!!

Sent on 12/03/2019

Jasmine · Married on 11/09/2016

Gil was amazing to work with and understood our vision when it came to setting the tone of our wedding. Our wedding was very small, only under 30 people which made us worry if it would seem to small of a party, but with thE right mix Gil provided as well as him amping up our guests, everyone, including my husband and I couldn't stop dancing. Gil was so intuitive and honestly took such good care of us, if I ever need a DJ for another event or if one of guest needed one, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

Simply perfect!

Thank you Gil!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Tom · Married on 10/15/2016

Gil was absolutely fantastic at every step of the process for our wedding. He made sure to set up multiple meetings to ensure he covered off on anything we needed. We gave him a list of music we wanted as part of the ceremony, cocktail/dinner hour, and reception and he played almost every song (and respected our do not play list). This might seem like it's not a big deal, but when the bride/groom from the last three weddings you've been to are upset because the DJ ignored their wishes, this was a big deal!

On our wedding day he was amazing, all anyone could talk about the week after our wedding was how awesome our DJ was. He was high energy and kept the crowd engaged. I don't think I saw the dance floor empty all night. He even accommodated our request to stay an extra hour to keep the party going!

I can't recommend Gil enough, it was an honor to have him as part of our big day!!

Sent on 11/09/2016

Meghan · Married on 10/15/2016

What a blast!! Gil has such an awesome spirit, and EVERYONE raved about his service (my grandma won't stop talking about how much fun he was)! We had such a great time and are so glad that we chose to party with Gil! We will definitely be contacting him in the future whenever we are looking for a DJ to have a good time!!!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Kelsey · Married on 09/17/2016

DJ Gil made our wedding awesome! So many people commented at how high energy he was and how he was able to get everyone on the dance floor and dancing! We will definitely recommend him to anyone who is in need for a DJ! He was so friendly and nice to work with! Thank you DJ Gil!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Kyra · Married on 09/02/2016

Gil is incredible. I don't feel like I only hired a DJ for my wedding, I feel like we truly made a friend. I found DJ Gil through the open house at our venue and was immediately drawn to his high energy, fun loving personality. I knew instantly that we would hire him! He graciously met my husband and I to get to know us better, and to talk with us about his style and what he offers. We had more contact leading up to the wedding- he genuinely cares about creating a relationship with you. My grandmother passed 5 days before our wedding, and I sort of "dropped the ball" with giving him all the info he needed...but he truly came to the rescue and so much more. He made our wedding THE absolute best day of our lives. He can get ANYONE to dance and have an AMAZING time! I could not have imagined a better day. He will absolutely make your wedding the best day ever, and your guests will have the time of their lives. Most importantly, he listens to what you want...he will make your day exactly how you envision it, and so much more! He will grant any and all requests you make and will actively engage your guests. I have nothing but incredible things to say about him. Just make sure that after your wedding you're ready to give him email address/phone number to all your guests- because they will want to hire him too!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Heather · Married on 08/13/2016

I was recommended to Gil by a coworker and couldn't have been more happy! He was very easy to work with from the beginning and knows his job very very well! I have got so many compliments about the atmosphere of our wedding and Gil was a huge part of that! He made sure everyone was having a great time and he's not afraid to get out there and dance with all the guests which they loved!! I couldn't recommend Gil more!!

Sent on 09/02/2016
  • O

Omar · Married on 07/30/2016

What can I say that may not have already been said..... Well, I will say this: having a background in sales makes me a very difficult customer because I like to test the temperament of the person I am talking to in order to make sure I am not getting into something that doesn't benefit me. I sent an email blast to a few places, and Gil called me about 10 minutes later. We set up the meeting.... and he thought I was a Dj. It was the best opening conversation I had. From there, I called the wife, explained that I had a great meeting... she knew who he was from the Bridal Show..... I knew if he impressed her on one meet, then it was going to be on. Gil was very professional, prompt, and patient with us while we went through the process of choosing music, creating the timeline of events, and meeting at the venue to discuss setup locations and how things will transition from one place to the other. Up to Wedding day, Gil made sure that we had our check list done, and even made recommendations that he thought we would like, which we definitely took advantage of. On the Wedding day, Gil was at the venue about 2 hours ahead of schedule to set up his equipment. We had a good talk, and he said "Watch me work". Gil did exactly everything he said he would do, from the dancing with the guests, to singing along with the music, Gil provided unparalleled service and delivered a performance that was better than most concerts I have attended. Gil made our wedding day such an event, I wanna get married again, just so I can experience it again. Other than my wife in the dress, Gil made the wedding day everything we wanted it to be. Thank you Gil, for everything you have done. We are very grateful for what you did.

Sent on 10/10/2016
  • Phylicia

Phylicia · Married on 07/30/2016

I saw Gil at a bridal show performing. He was so charismatic and personable with the staff as well as the customers who were there. I decided to play one of the games, and I won a deal with Gil. I sent the information to my now husband and they set up the meeting. Imagine how I felt when I received a call from him and he told me that he just had a meeting with Gil, and that he was going to be our Dj. I knew my future husband was in good hands with Gil. Wedding day, he made our wedding feel like we all were at a concert. He worked very hard to make sure everyone was entertained. The music selection was perfect, and it appealed to every generation in the building. The dance floor stayed packed the whole day, This was truly a wonderful experience for us and we have Gil to thank for it.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Carey · Married on 06/11/2016

The absolute best dj ive ever seen. He was theDJ at my cousins wedding and the moment i saw how wonderful his attitude and dance moves were i had to have him for my own! Very professional, up to date, responsive, great price. Overall very happy with his service and recomend him to every bride to be! Thanks gil!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Steve · Married on 03/18/2016

DJ Gil helped put on such a wonderful day. From Day 1 of his involvement, Gil has been invaluable to our wedding experience. He invests himself fully to make sure your day is what you want.

Our reception blended high tradition and superhero entertainment. It was the easiest thing in the world to partner up with Gil and come up with creative ideas and a fantastic A/V solution to cover our needs. He understood, and enjoyed, the nuance we were aiming for and hit it perfectly.

Gil also opened up the opportunity for us to take dance lessons. It was an extra side cost, but worth every penny and more. I went from having two left feet to being able to dance across the floor with my bride in just a few weeks. We learned how to partner dance and without having to study a routine. I'd have never thought it possible.

Thank you, Gil. You rode shotgun on the best day of our lives (so far).

Potential clients: if you want a lively, engaging DJ who will put his all into your day, throw your money at this man.

Sent on 03/23/2016

Gill did an excellent job at our wedding. All of our guests commented on how good he was and how hard he worked to keep the reception exciting. He played everything from our playlist and kept everyone on their feet.
    We really enjoyed working with him and he made us feel comfortable every step of the way. Gil's professionalism is unsurpassed We definitely will be hiring him in the future for all of our family events.

Sent on 12/27/2015

Adelaide · Married on 10/25/2015

This was the email I sent to Gil right after my wedding:
    "I don't even know where to begin, but I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I was just blown away by your work on Sunday. I knew it was going to be good...I told everyone how awesome you were going to be, but I could not have predicted how epic that reception was. I'm sure that all of your receptions are like that because of how talented you are, but I want you to know that you went above and beyond because my family is not easy! I have never seen my parents up and dancing for that long. They always dance for a few songs, but I did not expect them to be out on the floor the entire time. That's huge!!! I had such an incredible time dancing all night, and I know everyone else did too! There were so many people asking me where we found you and commenting on what a great job you did. I'm sure you get that all the time, but I can't tell you enough! You're just amazing! THANK YOU! Thank you thank you."

Gil is just incredible. If you want to rest assured that your night is going to be perfect, contact the Dancing DJ!!!!

Sent on 10/30/2015

Martin · Married on 09/27/2015

Gil was a rockin' DJ and helped make our wedding day extra special. What makes Gill such a unique DJ is his approach to the whole event. First he takes the time to get to know his clients, what their interests are, what makes them tick etc. and then he thinks long and hard about how he can tailor his contribution to make it extra special for the bride and groom. Gill goes far beyond the call of duty for his clients. For example I am Scottish and my wife is American. As I was getting married in a kilt, my national dress, and many of my guests were too, Gill also turned up to our wedding in full highland dress, looking amazing and even gifting me a Sgian Dubh (traditional dagger) to wear on my wedding day. (I've even heard of Gill dressing up as Darth Vadar to give one Star Wars fanatical bride a imperial guard of honour - it's maybe not to everyone's tastes but it just proves how far Gill will go to make your day personal and unforgettable.)
    As the Dancing DJ, Gill has a hands on approach to getting your guests up and dancing. As the name suggests he gets out there on the dance floor and encourages all to get on up and have a good time.
    If you want your guests to have a good time hire this guy!!! Last thing to mention but certainly not least is that Gill is a warm and friendly big fella and will always greet you with a smile.
    Thanks for making our day unforgettable Gill.

Sent on 12/31/2015

Cori · Married on 09/13/2015

My husband and I were looking for someone who would be extremely upbeat, life of the party, and who knows how to get the party started! If you are looking for the same things, you need to hire the Dancing DJ! Not only did he get everyone on their feet but he truly worked up a sweat during our reception because he was dancing too! For months after the wedding, all my guests were raving about him and how he made our wedding so unique. Not to mention he is super flexible and will do whatever you say - last minute before I walked down the aisle, I asked him if he could switch the song that was going to be played while I walked down the aisle and he totally knew what I meant and switched it for me - talk about professional! Not only did he throw a crazy party, but he also played a couple of songs for the older folks. If you want to have an unforgettable wedding, DJ Gil will go above & beyond!
    P.S - I'm a musician myself and I wouldn't say these things unless they were true!
    P.P.S - He is bilingual, and my in-laws are Spanish so he catered to both sides of the family!

Sent on 03/11/2016

Justine · Married on 08/28/2015

I am the mother of the bride writing this review. I told Gil when I met him that I don't give out 5 ratings very easily. But I am giving Gil a 5. I was reluctant to hire a dancing DJ because all the pictures I saw of him on his website, he's in the pictures! This led me to believe that he would be a little "to much" and take all the attention. I was completely wrong. He knows how much he needs to do to keep the party going and then he backs off. Our guest all liked him and thought he was a lot of fun and I agree with them. I did like the fact that the reviews I saw all said he was fun. Those reviews are all correct. He is not only fun but friendly and professional. Our guest danced all night. They were an eager young crowd itching to dance but there were others that told me not to be offended if they didn't dance because "they don't dance" at weddings. Well they were all dancing. Gil also did the music for the ceremony and came through with all the songs we wanted and played them timely during the ceremony. We needed the processional song "looped" and he made that happened. Thanks Gil. You were a joy to work with and deserve the 5.

Sent on 09/05/2015

Andrew · Married on 08/15/2015

We were completely blown away by DJ Gil. We selected Gil because he came highly recommended to us by friends, and it was easy to see why. Gil ran the show from beginning to end. Everyone was on the dance floor the entire night. People of all ages from our 5 year-old flower girl to my 85 year-old grandfather danced the night away. All of our guests told us this was the best DJ they had ever experienced and I'm certain Gil ran out of business cards that night. We had some unexpected changes to our wedding, but Gil was able to quickly adapt so that our guests didn't notice any issues. He was fun, charming, witty and professional. He got everyone involved from the beginning and was even on the dance floor with us most the night. I would highly recommend Gil, without hesitation, to anyone looking for a sure way to have the best night of their lives. It's cliche to say your wedding day is the best day of your life, but in this case, it truly was, and we will remember Gil for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 08/31/2015