The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough Reviews

The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough 6
The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough 7
  • Bryanna

Bryanna · Married on 05/30/2019

When we first met Gil for our consultation, he mentioned that a DJ is one of the critical investment decisions that can make or break your wedding: nothing could be more true, and Gil absolutely made our wedding reception. He has a fun, outgoing personality, and places the bride and groom's wishes first. He believes in taking requests to accommodate your guests as well. His pricing is more than reasonable (he amplified our harpist for the ceremony, and provided gorgeous uplighting and DJ services for our reception). Sound quality was great for everything, he verified the order of events and bridal party name pronunciations, and accommodates special requests you may have (in our case, dances for my grandparents). The flow of the music energy went seamlessly all night, not to mention he can sing and dance with the best of them, which means no worries about getting guests up and partying. Our guests raved about him and what a fun reception we had. My husband and I literally never stopped dancing for our entire reception after dinner, and the memories we have are priceless.

Sent on 10/05/2014
  • Missie

Missie · Married on 12/30/2018

Just amazing!

We cannot say enough about Gil! If we could give him more stars we would. Gil has a contagious energy that made working with him so much fun. He was always smiling, responded to us quickly when we had questions, made last minute changes when we asked, and even helped out with our ceremony when we needed it. Our guests raved about the music, and really enjoyed him. I was extra impressed when he checked in with us during the night to make sure we were happy with how things were going. I feel so blessed that we found him, and wish we had another reason to use him again soon.

Sent on 01/05/2019
  • Y

Yamilk · Married on 12/21/2018

Gil is THE BEST! Gil was referred to us by one of our groomsmen and we were so glad, happy and thankful that we booked him. Everyone is still talking about our wedding and Gils name never fails to be part of the conversation! Every single person including the photographer and waiters were dancing! I am going to find excuses to throw a party just so I can book Gil again! And his enthusiasm is 100% contagious in the most positive way!!! (the only regret was not booking Gil and the venue for an extra hour or two)

Sent on 09/08/2018

Carlie · Married on 09/22/2018

DJ Gill was amazing and we loved working with him. Our first dance would't have been as fun and amazing without his dance lessons. I would highly recommend using him for your event, it is well worth it.

Sent on 10/06/2018

Hannah · Married on 09/21/2018

We love gil!

We found Gil though the recommendation of a friend and absolutely adored him! His energy and positivity are contagious, and he was truly a pleasure to work with from start to finish. I think the overwhelming number of five-star reviews say it all! He really listened to what we wanted and knew how to read the crowd. My biggest fear was having a cheesy DJ, but felt confident in Gil and his taste level from our very first interaction! His services were affordable and accommodating, I really can't say enough good things!

Sent on 10/30/2018
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/15/2018

If you want your party to be remembered hire GIL!

Where to start with Gil. He has a HUGE personality. We hired him for our wedding because I went to another wedding, years ago, where he DJed and I never stopped dancing. Gil likes to meet with clients beforehand, which was great because he really got a sense for who we were and what we wanted. On the day of our wedding he started jamming outside before the ceremony. We could tell he loved what he was doing. He played all the requested ceremony music seamlessly. The reception was bananas! He was dancing and so was everyone else. We had MULTIPLE couples tell us how awesome our DJ was and some friends are even using him for their upcoming wedding. We cannot wait to attend that wedding to dance again!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Michelle · Married on 07/29/2018

Hands down best wedding I’ve been to and it’s all because of this guy! Most amazing dj ever! He kept the party going the whole night. Definitely having him dj my wedding!

D · Married on 07/28/2018

If you want to have one of the best nights of your lives and need a DJ.. your not going to find a better one.. he’s the life of the party .. the energy was LIT!!! I’ll be seeing you soon Gil! For many more to come, Biggie.

Allie · Married on 07/28/2018

Easily the best wedding dj around.

Aleaha · Married on 07/28/2018

Words can’t even begin to explain how AWESOME you are!!!! You made our wedding a night we will never forget! Your energy carried through the ENTIRE night and our guest can’t stop talking about you and how amazing you are! Thank you so much for everything you have done for us! We will remember this for a Lifetime!!

David · Married on 06/15/2018

Gil was great from start to finish and had positive energy from our first meeting. Many guests commented on how much they enjoyed the music and Gil’s enthusiasm. He was dancing, singing, and engaging the crowd, but he was never overbearing. I think there was even a dance-off with my 7 year old niece; it was too close to pick a winner. We had a proper dance party from start to finish, which is exactly what we wanted. Also, Gil was extremely accomodating during the entire process. Our to-do list piled up near the end, and consequently, we gave him our song selection pretty close to the actual wedding date. We also had a few last minute changes on game day: extra microphone here, moderately altered introduction there, hastily organized karaoke performance for my wife. They all went off without a hitch. Finally, Gil helped me secretly organize my performance of Roy Orbison”s “You Got It” and made sure the background singers could be heard.. She was thrilled. I got major bonus points. We couldn’t be happier.

Sent on 07/06/2018

Sean · Married on 06/09/2018

I don't think I could possibly say enough positive things about Gil. I'll start by saying that I did NOT make his job easy. My wife jokingly referred to me as a Groomzilla (that's not a real thing) because I was quite involved in the wedding planning. Music is my passion so Gil has his work cut out for him. At a wedding the most important thing to me (besides love and family, etc.) is good music and a lot of people dancing. I gave Gil a number of special dedications, song interruptions, very obscure songs, and a list of songs to play that he could not possibly get to in the time allotted for the reception.

Gil delivered. Every quirky thing I asked for (play this, stop this, skip this, say this, mix to this song, etc.) he pulled off impeccably. He mixed through songs to get to as many of the ones I had listed as possible. He had people on the dance floor THE ENTIRE NIGHT. My wedding was weeks ago and people are still talking to me about Gil. Here's why: when you hire Gil, you're not hiring a guy to play music. He has dancing skills second to none, charisma in abundance, and the energy of a five year old on a sugar rush. Gil doesn't play music to get people on the dance floor. Gil puts on a song, gets on the dance floor, and drags people out to dance with him. He shows guests how to dance. He gives them a mic and lets them sing along. Gil isn't only a DJ, he is an entertainer and if you ask him to be, he will be the highlight of your wedding.

On a more serious note, we priced several DJ's and Gil was the most reasonable. We told him our budget and he worked with us on times and such to make it work. But what we got that night was a DJ worth twice as much as we paid, if not more.

At the end of the evening, several of my friends who are engaged as well as the manager of the venue asked for Gil's information because he made a lasting impression. This review hardly does him justice, you need to see him for yourself. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 07/02/2018
    The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough 8
    The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough 9

Leah · Married on 06/02/2018

Everyone at my wedding loved Gil! He played all the songs we wanted. Guests of all ages were impressed. He gets involved with the crowd, on the floor and at the tables, which stands out to me from other DJs and I think that's awesome. Very social and fun to be around. He will teach people to dance and keeps it lively from beginning to end. We love you Gil! -Leah & Ian

Sent on 06/10/2018

Brenda · Married on 05/25/2018

WOW! What an amazing man! Gil is so professional and fun! He plays exactly what you talked about and gives suggestions if you need them. He comes with HIGH energy and gets all the guests dancing and keeps them on the floor! When Gil is your DJ your dance floor will be full and everyone will have a blast! My son got married last weekend and we couldn't imagine a party without Gil! He has done several of our family weddings and will do the next one too! BEST DJ ever! I'm looking for an excuse to host another party just so I can have Gil be our DJ!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Brooke · Married on 05/25/2018

Gil is an AMAZING DJ. We have hired him for 3 of our family weddings, and would not dream of hiring anyone else. He is so full of energy, always has a good playlist, and keeps the crowd on the dance floor all night. If you want one less thing to worry about on your wedding day, then choose Gil because he will exceed your expectations!! It is evident that he loves his job and really cares about his clients.

Sent on 06/11/2018

Stef · Married on 04/27/2018

DJ Gil! Where to begin?! Our wedding was on 5/12/18 - a month ago today and every person we have seen or spoke to since our wedding absolutely raved about Gil! He made the atmosphere so fun for all ages and got the party started for everyone. Our friends and family who claim they don't dance, were dancing and having a great time! Not only did Gil put on a WONDERFUL performance for our wedding but he was also so genuine and caring through the entire wedding planning process. From the first meeting with him, where he met us face to face, we instantly clicked. He took the time to get to know us, our story, to understand us and cater to our day. We didn't look anywhere else for our music entertainment. I recommend DJ Gil to anybody and everybody! ALSO - not only does he spin the perfect beats but he also offers awesome dance lessons for the first dance. My husband and I met with him weekly and he eased us into the dance moves. He was so patient with us and it was SO FUN! I truly miss our Monday nights with Gil. We killed the dance floor the night of our wedding during our first dance and I know we wowed a lot of people. We will know those dance moves forever. Oh how could I forget, he was very very patient and accommodating to last minute changes. Who wants to deal with that when putting on a show for 175 people? Gil didn't mind a bit, it was all about us - he was so easy going.
    We can't thank you enough, DJ Gil!! You made our wedding day absolutely amazing and so so memorable.
    If you don't have Gil at your wedding you are TRULY missing out!!
    Stef & Jamal

Sent on 06/12/2018
    The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough 10

Janine · Married on 02/03/2018

Gil is just amazing to work with! He was the DJ at both of our daughters' weddings and he'll be doing my nephew's wedding this spring! He's become part of the family and we all agree he's just the BEST! He's offically our family's DJ. :)

The DJ can make or break the reception - especially the dancing part - and that's where Gil shines. The dance floor was always packed and everyone had such a wonderful time! Gil gets right out there and dances with the group which just energizes the croud. He's friendly, enthusiastic, flexible, and full of fun energy. He reviews everything with you ahead of time, shows up early, makes sure he knows how to pronounce all the names, and then makes the whole evening run like clock-work. Can't say enough. Want a perfect reception? Go with Gil - The Dancing DJ!

Sent on 02/06/2018

Nina · Married on 12/31/2017

From the second we met with Gil, my husband and I knew he was exactly what we were looking for! We met with a lot of dj's before him and could not find that spark we needed to celebrate our over the top new years eve wedding, until we saw DJ Gil at another wedding, we knew he was what we needed to make our day great. Gil understood our vision and delivered perfectly! Every single question answered right away even adding his own creative ways to make it more fun! Every idea we had he brought each of them to life more then we could have expected. Our guest did not leave the dance floor the entire night, and we know that was all because of Gil!
    During the planning process, every time we wanted to meet in person, not a problem at all he would be there, need songs mixed for your entrance? He does that incredibly too! He will take care of everything, our lighting and monograms he did were fabulous!!! He will blow you away!
    At one point there was a misunderstanding and our videographer was not in the room during our mother & groom dance, Gil noticed the panic in my face and pulled out his own personal cell phone to capture it for us!! He ended up sending it to our videographer and it is in our final video and you can not even tell it was missed, all because of Gil! We had a dvd play during our father daughter dance, Gil took care of all of it! Got us the projector, even let me send him the DVD in advance to make sure it worked perfectly!

Gil loves what he does and i promise you it shows in his work, even now almost 3 months later we still are having guest tell us what an amazing time they had! Look no further you found your wedding DJ right here !! Gil, we can not thank you enough!! Joe & Nina

Sent on 02/19/2018

Becky · Married on 12/02/2017

When I was planning our wedding, the main item I was worried about was finding the perfect DJ that would have all 185 guests dancing all night long! Then, following a few less than stellar calls with other DJs, we found Gil :) After reading his reviews I knew that he was the DJ we'd been looking for and lucky for us he was available on Dec 2nd 2017! All the reviews about Gil are spot on! Not only did he go above and beyond meeting with us before the wedding to make sure to give musical advice as well as understand what we were looking for, but during the wedding he had everyone on the dance floor all night long, which is exactly what we wanted! Gil's extreme energy and exceptional personality make him a one of a kind DJ, and I can't imagine our wedding without him. Everyone was on the dance floor from the second the dance music started until the very end, and one week later I still have family and friends messaging me, raving about Gil and how amazing he was!

As they sometimes say, a picture is worth 1,000 words :) So I've attached a couple to show the awesome night that Gil more than helped to create! Thank you for everything, Gil! You are hands down the best DJ in the area!!!! You deserve 10 stars!!!

Sent on 12/09/2017
    The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough 11
    The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough 12
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 10/07/2017

If I could, I would give Gil 10/5 stars. What an amazing person overall! He was responsive and made sure my husband and I got everything we could possibly want from our wedding day. We got compliments all night and since then about Gil. He was so well liked my MOH is using him for her wedding AND my mother-in-law took his cards to give out. BEST DJ IN THE ENTIRE TRI-STATE AREA, hands down.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Melissa · Married on 10/07/2017

AMAZING SINGER, DANCER, & ENTERTAINER! He had everyone from ages 6 to 93 years old dancing on the dance floor!!! Highly recommend!!! Everyone keeps talking about how amazing he was and I’m like ‘I know!!!!’

Sent on 10/26/2017
    The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough 13
    The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough 14
    The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough 15
    The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough 16
    The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough 17
    The Dancing DJ - Gil Keough 18

Casey · Married on 09/23/2017

If you want your guests up and dancing all night long, Gil is the DJ for you! If you're looking for a fun, party atmosphere, Gil is the DJ for you!! Gil was very energetic from the get-go and kept everyone on the dance floor. My guest said that the DJ was awesome and loved the energy he brought. Gil also provided the sound for the ceremony (also at Meredith Manor) and the music for the cocktail hour. Gil has DJ'd many weddings at Meredith Manor, so it was great to have a vendor there who knew the venue! Gil was also very accommodating when we had a little snafu with one of the payments. He was very willing to work with us and we got it all sorted out. Overall, I recommend Gil as a DJ if you're looking to have a hell of a good time at your wedding!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Loryel · Married on 09/16/2017

Gill was awesome to work with. He played the exact music that we discussed previous to the wedding and he helped me come up with certain songs during the ceremony that I was unsure of. After my wedding i had so many compliments on the dj even my boss loved him. I would definitely recommend.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Hope · Married on 09/09/2017

DJ Gil was AMAZING. He was full of energy and excitement about our day from the first conversation. He really paid attention to what we wanted and made sure that's what we got. He said we were going to have "the best party of the year" and we did. HE ROCKED IT!!!!! From dacing with the kids to feeling like we gained an extremely fun family member. DJ Gil is extremely highly recommended for any occasion in need of a DJ from us!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Vincent · Married on 07/01/2017

Gil is an enormous entertainer. He is a big guy with a huge personality. We wanted a DJ that would do what we wanted, help us where we needed, be high energy, fun and keep the party going. Gil delivered on every aspect. We interviewed MANY DJs as music and dancing was extremely important to us on so many levels and NO ONE even came close to the genuine understanding of what we wanted our wedding and reception to convey. Gil did...he listened, spent the time and delivered. We will use him again and again

Sent on 02/12/2018