The Crossings at Carlsbad Reviews

The Crossings at Carlsbad 5
The Crossings at Carlsbad 6
The Crossings at Carlsbad 7

Sara · Married on 09/02/2018

I am so glad I picked The Crossings for my wedding day because the whole process and my big day was absolutely PERFECT. My wedding coordinator was Kaitlin and she was a dream to work with. She was prompt with responding to all my emails by the next day, no matter how big or small the question was which definitely helped ease the wedding planning anxiety ;)

The Crossings has flexible packages for different budgets. I opted in for the package that included ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. To my delight, this also included a 1 hour cocktail hour - drinks included, linens, chairs, charger plates, cake and dessert table. To all the new brides doing research let me tell you, these types of all inclusive packages are INCREDIBLY hard to find so it was such a dream that The Crossings including all of this so I didn't have to spend/waste extra money renting these items.

My wedding coordinator made it so easy by providing me with a checklist of what she needed and she handled contacting the vendors to let them know what time to set up and where they needed to be. We were on schedule the whole entire day. My family, who are the pickiest people to exist on this planet, complemented on how beautiful everything was and what a dream my coordinator was.

Ok, THE FOOD. Food was delicious. In cocktail hour we were able to choose three apps and we went with the lamb skewers, poke, and capresse skewers. All 3 were so good and I consider myself a foodie so I am picky when it comes to these things. Dinner also did not disappoint and everyone said all the food was delicious. We went with the herb marinated steak, chicken, and ravioli.

The wait staff it also amazing, flexible and so friendly. Shout out to JR who when I almost fell trying to pick up my napkin that fell off my lap, picked me back up like a knight in shining armor.

Tricia · Married on 08/11/2018

The Crossings was AMAZING! Kaitlin made the whole experience easy and fun!! We got so many compliments. Everyone had a blast. I would highly recommend this venue. The property is gorgeous, the clubhouse is beautiful at night and the food was delicious. The staff was extremely attentive. It was the perfect day!! Thank you Kaitlin!!

Riley · Married on 08/04/2018

My husband and I got married at The Crossings on August 4th and we couldn't have asked for a more wonderful day. The venue was beautiful, the food was delicious, the staff was super professional, everything was within our price range and there were no "hidden" costs. While I have many great things to say about The Crossings, the real praise goes to our coordinator, Kaitlin. There aren't enough words to express how amazing Kaitlin is! She is friendly, energetic, organized, responsive (even while on vacation!), and did everything within her power to make sure our wedding day was the most special day. So, if you're having trouble choosing a wedding venue, look no further than The Crossings. And if Kaitlin is your coordinator, you will have absolutely nothing to worry about! She's a superstar!

Jackie · Married on 05/06/2018

If I could give Kaitlin and The Crossings more than 5 stars, I would. Our May wedding was the end result of a year and a half of planning and Kaitlin ensured that we had the absolute best day. The whole venue is beautiful, our guests wouldn't stop telling us that! The reception was so wonderful, the food was delicious, the staff was so friendly and I truly felt like we had our dream wedding. Kaitlin was our savior that day, when my florist actually GAVE UP on hanging up our arch decorations, she saved the day with a few zip ties and some help from the groomsmen. You will not regret choosing The Crossings for your wedding, they'll make sure you have a perfect day!

The Crossings at Carlsbad 8
    The Crossings at Carlsbad 9
  • Ashley

Ashley Valentin · Married on 04/14/2018

Saved my wedding

The original wedding venue we had for 10 months cancelled on us 2 months before our wedding. The crossings had a cancellation 1 week before we showed up and were able to do our wedding! Best thing that ever happened!!!!! The crossings saved my wedding and made it the best night of our lives. It was meant to be all along :)

• Amie

Amie · Married on 01/20/2018

Becca was a dream coordinator. She always had time for us, she worked with our budget, and she took the reins on everything so we could enjoy our day. The food is by far the best I have had at any wedding, and we have been to a lot of wonderful weddings. The venue is gorgeous, the view is gorgeous, and it made our most special day something to remember.

The Crossings at Carlsbad 10
    The Crossings at Carlsbad 11
    The Crossings at Carlsbad 12
    The Crossings at Carlsbad 13

Amy · Married on 12/10/2017

I can't even begin to express how wonderful this place is!! Kaitlin went above and beyond and I seriously can't thank her enough for everything she did for us!! The entire staff was extremely polite, professional and made sure that our day was amazing!! Not only does The Crossings have an amazing staff, it also has an unbelievable view and delicious food that they customized to our wedding theme! The cake was even included in our package! When searching around for venues, I had a really tough time because most of the places that I contacted were extremely expensive, "too gourmet" for my fiance and my tastes, not available due to maintenance/renovations, never responded or just didn't click with me. I was looking for something outside of the typical beach, hotel/ballroom type wedding. I wanted something that was cozy but also located nearby hotels or major roads. Another major perk, INDOOR FIREPLACE!! This is HARD TO FIND in San Diego!! Fast forward about six months until our wedding date.. I got a new job which took up an extreme amount of time. Kaitlin was organized and on top of everything for me! She was flexible with our meeting times and put up with my frequent emails! Kaitlin even has amazing design skills! I literally brought a bunch of random things and told her to place them wherever she thought was best. She set it all up perfectly and even packed it all up for me at the end!! Kaitlin I cannot thank you enough for all of your hard work! It was beyond perfect!!

Nik · Married on 10/06/2017

My wife and I recently had our wedding at the Crossings and our guests can't stop raving about how wonderful it was. We had a fully outdoors ceremony and reception looking out over the Pacific Ocean and sunset. We worked with Kaitlin M. who went above and beyond to make our big day flawless. She was so helpful and responsive throughout the planning process and had every last detail locked in so we could relax and enjoy.

We looked at just about every venue offering a fully outdoor ceremony and reception in the San Diego and North County area, narrowed it down, visited 12 separate venues and this was the clear winner. The grounds are so beautiful for photos and the celebration and there was more than enough room for all of our guests. The wedding packages are such a great value for your dollar and the food is just as good as ordering an individual meal from Canyons. Highly highly highly recommend this venue and staff.

The Crossings at Carlsbad 14
    The Crossings at Carlsbad 15
    The Crossings at Carlsbad 16
    The Crossings at Carlsbad 17

Kris · Married on 09/08/2017

I recently had my wedding at The Crossings at Carlsbad and it was absolutely beautiful!! Alex was my coordinator and she was amazing!! She was professional and reliable. She helped in planning to make my wedding even better! She had great ideas and suggestions! The food was also amazing! I loved everything about it! Thank you Alex! It was my dream wedding!

Tara · Married on 09/02/2017

The Crossings was the perfect venue for our wedding. We loved how the ceremony was outside with a gorgeous view and cocktail hour/the reception were conveniently located right upstairs. The food was really great and we only had the basic package. Kaitlin was our wedding coordinator and she didn't skip a beat on anything. She made sure the entire night ran smoothly, ultimately making sure that we were having the best day ever. I highly recommend The Crossings as a wedding venue :)

Kylie · Married on 05/21/2017

I am so happy that I chose The Crossings for my ceremony and reception venue! Everything was perfect. Their food is amazing, beautiful location, and great planning services. I worked with Kaitlin and she was AMAZING! She was very helpful and attentive. They really made the process easier and I am very grateful.

Kim · Married on 10/08/2016

I'm so glad we chose this venue for our wedding. It was the first site I looked at on WeddingWire after getting engaged based on photos alone, but after touring a few other local San Diego venues I knew this was the place for us. The on-site coordinator Becca Hartegan and her team were simply amazing from the start! Becca answered every question, and provided recommendations for various things throughout the whole planning process, always in a timely and thorough manner. Becca was on point and very well organized throughout the entire event, and keep you at ease every step of the way. The venue itself is beautiful, green grass for the ceremony site with an unbelievable view of the ocean (note, your guests may need sunglasses during the ceremony at sunset). The packages available are reasonable and may be modified/upgraded easily. I loved having our ceremony and reception at the same site, this was great for guests and allowed us time to take pictures on the beautiful golf course grounds. The inside of the reception area, normally their restaurant by day, is elegant and simple, and you can easily add fine touches to it to make it your own style. The staff is also fun and friendly. Thank you to the Crossings and Becca for making my wedding unforgettable!

Sent on 12/28/2016

The Crossings at Carlsbad's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!

Melissa · Married on 09/11/2016

This venue blew me AND my florist away by how beautiful it is, how inclusive their packages were, and what a fantastic value they are. I found the whole team at The Crossings to be extremely helpful and responsive to my many questions. If I could do it all again, I'd pick this venue every time.

And, side note, on the day of my wedding I ran into a lady who also got married at The Crossings. She was also very positive about the experience and said she continues to come back to the venue for all the major life events including baby showers! So lovely.

Wow! We are so absolutely thrilled we chose to have our Wedding here at the Crossings at Carlsbad. From the very beginning, everyone was so helpful. Our Wedding Coordinator Becca was the absolute best!!!!! She was always sweet and prompt to respond. She was so helpful and made the wedding exactly how we wanted. From the first day of planning to the day of, she helped keep us on track to help prepare us so our wedding went off without a hitch and it went so smooth! The day of there was a high chance of rain and it did rain that morning and night and Becca helped keep us and all the guests at ease and we were prompt to figure out a plan B, which we luckily didn't have to use. Everyone was so impressed with how beautiful and together the venue was. Everything was beautiful, the lawn terrace was designed exactly how I wanted it to be, the cocktail hour was perfect, and Becca made sure we and all vendors stayed on track and helped guide us through the night so we could enjoy it. It was our best decision to choose The Crossings! Everyone was highly impressed and the food was spectacular. My husbands favorite part was they contract with VG’s Bakery (his childhood favorite). The cake and pastries were so beautiful and so delicious. The staff was amazing, the food was hot and so delicious. I have nothing but high remarks. Thank you everyone and Becca for making our day perfect.

Chris · Married on 04/16/2016

Becca Hartegan and her team at The Crossings were fantastic to work with and made out wedding ceremony and reception better than we could have imagined. We looked at several venues in the area but decided on The Crossings in large part because of how responsive and flexible Becca was. She answered all of our questions thoroughly and in a timely fashion. The venue has a lot of space and a really nice ocean view. We invited over 200 guests and landed on 170+ and we had plenty of space (including a stage required by our 8 piece band)

The entire staff at The Crossings was super friendly and always made us feel like we were there top priority. From the time we arrived until the time we left, Becca and team were there with us every step of the way and made sure that ALL details of our special day were covered.

If you’re considering a venue for a wedding (or any special event involving great food and spirits) you should take a serious look at The Crossings. You will not be disappointed.
    Chris and Andrea
    Married on 4/16/16

Katie · Married on 03/19/2016

The Crossings at Carlsbad was the perfect wedding venue. We choose the location for the views and the exposed beams and stone. Originally Lindsey was our coordinator. She was very professional and responsive, especially since we booked so early. A few months before our wedding we were told Lindsey was moving and Becca was now our coordinator. During our next meeting at The Crossings, Becca was extremely friendly and was knowledgeable about our wedding despite having just taken over. The day of the wedding, everything was perfect. The staff took great care of us and our guests and made it a memorable, stress free day. I would highly recommend The Crossings. Thank you for making it our perfect day!

Robyn · Married on 10/09/2015

Choosing The Crossings as our wedding venue was the best choice we made throughout all of our wedding planning. My husband and I could not be any happier with how everything went from when we signed our contract at The Crossings to the day of our wedding. Lindsey was our coordinator throughout all of the planning. Her responsiveness, energy, and assistance made planning so enjoyable and fun! All of our guests were impressed with the food, service, and overall experience during our ceremony and reception at The Crossings. Thank you to the entire staff (especially Lindsey) for everything!!! :)

Trinity · Married on 10/03/2015

Very impressed with the whole experience! Lindsey was our day of coordinator which was so, so helpful. She made planning my own wedding a breeze. Lindsey met with us numerous times to go through every detail about our wedding day. She sent us charts of what everything would look like and worked with us on table settings, dinner seating, and the ceremony seating plans. The price was great for the space, the ceremony area with the outdoor cocktail area was perfect. The view was better than expected. We had our wedding on a saturday morning and our lunch after. The weather was great, all of the vendors were taken care of by Lindsey when they arrived and everything looked perfect. My guests had an amazing time and were so impressed with how everything turned out. We were able to take the golf cart to the waterfall with our photographer for photos, the timeline was perfectly laid out for us and we had plenty of time for everything we wanted to accomplish. This venue offers everything you will need for your wedding, cake and reception!

Eadeh · Married on 08/21/2015

We just had our wedding at the Crossings last week and there is no word to describe it other than perfection. Everything went perfectly and we are still receiving the most amazing compliments from our guests. Becca Hartegan was our coordinator and I cannot say enough good things about her. From the first time I met her she was so incredibly helpful and patient. Fast forward two years later to the wedding day, and she nailed everything I asked for. I am forever grateful to her for just being so darn wonderful and making my wedding day more magical than I ever expected. Food was amazing, service was amazing, not a single issue - what more can you ask for??

Mistie · Married on 08/14/2015

The Crossings at Carlsbad is a gorgeous venue with breathtaking views! The people are amazing to work with. Becca Hartegan was my coordinator before and during the wedding. To say she is wonderful is an understatement. She made sure our day was perfect for us! I had no worries at all and everything went great. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone. Thank you Becca! You made our Wedding Day something for us to remember and cherish for the rest of our lives! :)

brittany · Married on 08/08/2015

I had the most beautiful weddings at The Crossings and I truly feel I got a phenomenal deal. The Crossings makes it so easy to do business, all the packages come with pretty much everything you need, including a wedding coordinator. Our wedding coordinator, Becca was phenomenal! I highly recommend The Crossings for a wedding venue if you are looking to have a gorgeous outdoor ceremony with spectacular views and for a steal of a deal!

Heather · Married on 07/18/2015

From the moment I saw the Crossings I knew I wanted this to be the venue for my wedding. The beautiful clubhouse (which in my eyes looks like a castle) along with the gorgeous ocean view from the ceremony and dining area, made the choice so easy. I felt like a princess walking down the grand staircase! Lindsey was our coordinator; she was great and responded to all of my hundreds of emails. She was so accommodating and helpful with the whole planning process. Even when we found out there was a possibility for rain during the ceremony. She helped keep me calm and explained all my options. Everything worked out and it stopped raining just 1 hour before the ceremony began, which made the ocean view even more spectacular. Lindsey was also so helpful in allowing options for me to verify I got everything I wanted out of my wedding. For example, they even allowed me to extend the cocktail hour to an hour and a half so that I had enough time to head down to the beach for bridal party pictures, which is the one thing I really wanted. The day of the event, Lindsey dealt with everything and I didn't even know when 2 additional people showed up at the last minute, she was able to fix the situation and everything went on smoothly. The food was great and I loved that they have a package that includes having your cake from VGs bakery (famous bakery in Carlsbad). I can’t express enough how awesome The Crossings (including Lindsey and all of her staff) were for the whole planning process and the day of. I will absolutely be recommending this beautiful venue to all of my friends!

Pamela · Married on 07/11/2015

My husband and I searched a lot of venues for our wedding. When we had our initial consultation at The Crossings, it was an easy decision. The venue is gorgeous. Their are a lot of very nice venues in San Diego County. What stood out about The Crossings was the level of service for the cost. They went above and beyond to take care of us and make certain that this special day was beyond perfect. We worked with two women their, Erika and Becca. They were very sensitive to our needs, responded to our every question and concern, wanted this day to be as special for us and we wanted and in the end treated us like family. I really can not say enough about The Crossings.....Okay....one more thing....the vendors that we chose to work with who had also worked with The Crossings, also said the same things we did about The Crossings and felt the same way we do....Fabulous, Great Customer Service, Easy to Work with, Great value...

Mercedes · Married on 07/10/2015

Our wedding was amazing!!! The venue was so beautiful. The view was gorgeous. Our guest had an amazing time. The planning was easy making this day even that much better, no worries. Thank you for making our day so memorable.