The Cove at Fawn Lake Country Club Reviews

• F
    Fred R. Married on 09/05/2021

Wedding Ceremony and Reception

Hi Jessica,
    I just wanted to say thank you for all you and your staff did to help Fred and I make our special day absolutely perfect! Every moment of the day was absolutely amazing. I wanted to make sure you knew how thankful we were for all your help.

Also, please give a special shout to the chefs; they received rave reviews on all the food that was served. And of course to Ellen, the drinks were AMAZING!

I also wanted to share with you one of our wedding photos.

Fred & Rachel
  • Brianna
    Brianna Married on 06/13/2021

Fawn Lake is Outstanding!

Fawn Lake was the first venue we visited and after that, nothing else compared! We can not say enough about Jessica and her amazing staff! We were fortunate enough to work with them for over 2 years! Our original plan was to be married in June 2020, throughout the pandemic, Jessica kept in constant contact with us about updates a d supported us along the way. After our decision to postpone to June 2021, the team continued to stay in touch. Jessica and her team and are respectful, responsive and kind. Jessica is always welcoming as she celebrated with us as counts when down and Virginia opened up! She answered every minuscule question and walked us through every step of the way. With Fawn Lake, we never had a worry about our special day. They helped with with everything and took care of the entire day. We never had to fret! Just 20 minutes before our ceremony, it started to drizzle. Jessica offered 3 different back up plans before I could even blink. After a covid postponement, and a rain delay- Jessica and the staff at fawn lake made sure our special day was more amazing than we could ever dream! They stood by as it only rained for 17 minutes and switched from outdoors to in doors and back to outdoors without hesitation. We were truly blessed to find Fawn Lake! We are honestly sad that we don’t have an excuse to work with them anymore. They listen to every request, follow every direction and give amazing support and suggestions. Our guests are still raving about the organization and the food at our wedding! They are the best!
    Amy G. Married on 09/05/2020

Your venue search ends here! 10/10!!!

The Cove at Fawn Lake was amazing for our 9/5/20 wedding! We toured many venues prior to selecting Fawn Lake and could not be happier with our decision. It had all aspects we were looking for: a waterfront ceremony space facing the lake, an outdoor cocktail area/patio and an indoor reception area for dinner and dancing the night away. The groom and groomsman were excited to have their own space to get ready as many venues have no special area for the men! Jessica Hewlett and her team were outstanding to work with from day 1 until the last beer was served at the end of the night. She was responsive to all questions/concerns throughout the process, provided great insights and was an absolutely wonderful day of coordinator! The food was phenomenal at the tasting and was exactly the same for dinner yet on a larger scale. We cannot stop talking about how great everything went! Our family and friends were thrilled with the day. Every single detail was perfect. Thank you to The Cove at Fawn Lake for helping us have the best day ever!

The Cove at Fawn Lake Country Club's reply:

Amy,

Thank you for such a wonderful review! You and Nick were a pleasure to work with and your wedding was so much fun! Your band rocked the house and were true showmen. Contractions on your marriage and best wishes.

Jessica
  • Kaila
    Kaila Married on 04/25/2020

Beautiful venue, amazing food, top-notch customer care.

We were fortunate enough to finally tie the knot at The Cove after a few rounds of cancelled plans at our original venue. Our wedding day at The Cove was so incredibly wonderful, we found ourselves asking why it wasn’t our first choice to begin with. The venue and grounds are simply stunning. Everything is kept in absolute top shape and meticulously cared for. The ballroom is simple and classic in the best way. It is full of windows and light and is the farthest thing from a stuffy, hotel ballroom. The landscaping surrounding the outdoor ceremony location overlooking the water is so lush and full of color that even with the grey skies, our photos came back looking like we got married somewhere tropical. Due to the ongoing pandemic, we decided to keep our ceremony small, intimate and socially distanced. The staff at The Cove went above and beyond to make sure we all felt safe and cared for. The seating for dinner and the ceremony was exactly as we asked for to encouraging social distancing. We also appreciated how upfront they were about their own health and cleaning standards from the beginning. We decided to share our ceremony with the rest of our family and friends with the help of Zoom and we had no issues connecting to The Cove’s internet. Their staff was more than accommodating in helping to make sure everything was setup and functioning. Everything went off without a hitch! Now for the best part – oh my goodness the food! Our guests are still raving about dinner and many have told us it was the best food they’ve ever had at a wedding. I can’t say enough good things about the catering staff at The Cove. Truly, we didn’t hear a single bad thing from our guests. Finally, our wedding day was as lovely and wonderful as it was because of the level of customer service provided by Jessica and her staff at The Cove. They truly go above and beyond to make you feel like royalty and to make sure your guests are taken care of. This was a level of care that we didn’t realize we were sorely missing at our previous venue until we came to The Cove. With so much emphasis on having Pinterest perfect photos, this was a factor I wasn’t prioritizing. It was serendipitous that we ended up at The Cove because it honestly was the missing piece. Jessica’s pride for her job really shows in her attention to detail and desire to make sure your day is absolutely perfect. I can’t say enough good things about this place and I highly recommend them for any wedding or function!
    Jennifer Married on 11/11/2018

Perfection!

FLCC was the perfect place for our fall wedding. The day of coordinator was everything I could have ever asked for! She worked with us every step of the way ironing out every detail so I had no worries or stress the whole time. They really went above all expectations. The staff handled all set up and tear down so I only had to worry about showing up.
    Jennifer Married on 10/20/2018

Awesome! Highly Recommended!

Not only did we fall in love with this beautiful venue after looking at countless others, but the wedding coordinator, Heather Allen, was amazing! First of the all, the venue is in a wonderful location in a gated community. The lake views surrounded by mature trees, birds, and landscaping create breathtaking wedding photos. The reception area has a great layout with a dance floor and table/chairs that can be revised to your liking. All the exterior doors open up to a great veranda, lake views, and the well decorated garden, which is well suited for a cocktail hour. My spouse and I both got great vibes at this venue and knew this was the spot for us. The food was amazing too! Our friends and family raved about it. To our surprise the best part about having the wedding reception at Fawn Lake was the opportunity to work with our coordinator, Heather. She was very professional, personable, patient with our numerous questions, had great ideas, and was the rock during our planning. We were told when we booked the venue that they would be expanding and would possibly be under construction during our reception. We loved the venue so much we took the chance and then began the stressful waiting game. Heather was so comforting and supportive. Thankfully the construction was delayed until after our reception but we were well informed the entire time thanks to Heather. I felt Heather put in the time and attention as if she was planning her own wedding reception. Thanks to her we had the wedding of our dreams and everything went wonderfully. We can't thank her enough for making our wedding day so special.
    Danielle Married on 09/22/2018
    Beautiful place for an outdoor wedding. My husband and I really wanted a wedding with water as the backdrop and this place does exactly that. Reception area is gorgeous as well, not meant for big weddings, but great for about 85 guests. Heather, our wedding coordinator who works there was amazing, she helped us through everything and was always there when we needed something. I highly recommend this place and Heather for anyone looking for a smaller outdoor setting and wedding coordinator.
    Denise Married on 09/22/2018
    We celebrated my daughter’s wedding at Fawn Lake and it could not have been more perfect and enchanting. Heather and her team were phenomenal and thought of every last detail and catered to every request. Heather helped us through the planning process and coordinated with all of our vendors to ensure a smooth and seamless event. Heather even helped me decorate the wedding cake with flowers and had great ideas on arranging the table place cards, menus and favors. Upon our arrival, she made sure that the wedding party was comfortable and had something to eat before the ceremony. I can’t say enough about the venue – it has a lake backdrop and is absolutely breathtaking and was complimented highly by all of our guests. We were blessed that the weather cooperated with us and we were able to utilize the beautifully groomed tiered lawn for an outdoor ceremony lined with mason jars and flowers, petals on the walkway and a gorgeous arch with flowers. The cocktail hour was held on the upper lawn and outdoor verandah with outdoor games for the guests to enjoy and a “LOVE” sign for guest to take pictures alongside. The reception was held indoors and we utilized the existing tables and comfortable chairs that provided the intimate and elegant setting that we had envisioned. All of the food, from the appetizers (try the BBQ sliders with Nappa Slaw) to the main course (parmesan chicken and blackened salmon) was delicious and plentiful. Thanks so much Heather and the Fawn Lake team, for making the entire day the dream come true that we were wishing for. I plan to see you again when the twins are ready to get married. If you are looking for the perfect venue with a breathtaking view, you have found it with Fawn Lake.
    Jennifer Married on 09/15/2018
    All I can say is wow!!!! My wedding was planned the weekend that a major hurricane was supposed to hit! I was so stressed.... but Heather wasn’t! She assured me that my day would be perfect come rain or shine! Right before the ceremony was to begin..... the sun appeared!!! It is so beautiful and I love the fact that everything is onsite down to the amazing chefs!!! Everyone complimented the food!! I literally worried about nothing...... it was all taken care of!!! I just wish I could do it again!!
    Nicole Married on 05/26/2018
    Elisabeth and the staff at Fawn Lake Country Club were amazing. Elisabeth was responsive and helpful every step of the way, answering all of our questions and making us feel comfortable with all of our decisions. A large part of our choosing this venue (aside from the beautiful view and great value), was the confidence we had in Elisabeth that even if something were to go wrong, she has the experience, knowledge, and compassion to handle any situation and help things go smoothly. My husband and I truly feel that a huge part of how amazing our wedding day went was because of Elisabeth and the rest of the staff at Fawn Lake, and we can't thank them enough. Anyone looking for a venue with gorgeous views, delicious food, and a flexible and helpful staff, this place is absolutely for you!
    Alan Married on 05/26/2018
    Amazing. Nothing short of that. We’re honestly speechless. We were provided more than the attention, care, help, and dedication from Elisabeth that we needed. In other words, she went above and beyond the call of duty. And her staff...what to say about her staff. An example: my son and I were in the back room of the country club really upset about the fact that he (my son) had to leave for the night. He’s 4, he was tired, and above all, he doesn’t live with me. We were sad. Jennelle came to the back and concerned herself with our well being, offered us more time, offered us something to drink, and just provided a sense of warmth and care. Seriously, we don’t know how to thank you all. We hope that this review will pull some weight in allowing people to see what a great choice Fawn Lake Country Club would be for their big day. Thank you Elisabeth and everyone else! Thank you a million times over. Our day wouldn’t have been what it was without you all.
  • Bride2Be
    Nicole Married on 04/28/2018
    Heather, Elisabeth, and the entire staff of the Fawn Lake Country Club were amazing to work with! Elisabeth was our coordinator and she did an excellent job communicating through the entire planning process and making sure our other vendors were up to date with the timeline and any other important details. It was really beneficial to have someone be the main contact for our vendors and I have no idea how she managed to stay patient and organized the entire time! Alongside the excellent service, the venue itself is beautiful. Right on the edge of a lake, everyone of our guests complimented the view and couldn’t believe we managed to find such a great location! Additionally, our guests LOVED the food and many mentioned they’ve never had better food at a wedding than ours. It was great to hear how much others loved Fawn Lake as much as we did. I would get married there a thousand times over again if I had to.
    Jeff Married on 11/11/2017
    First off, let me say that I am one of those people that never reviews anything. But, after having my wedding at Fawn Lake, I feel that everyone needs to know about this wedding venue. This venue is amazing!!! The Elisabeth, Heather and the rest of the staff catered to our every need, from day one, until after the wedding. I am so impressed with the way they treat their Bride, Groom and guests. I would like to add an extra special shout out to our coordinator, Elisabeth. There are only two words to describe her, absolutely amazing. She ensured that everything happened as we discussed, on time, without issue. I felt as though she had our every concern handled before we even had one. My only problem is that I can't give her 10 stars. I would definitely recommend this wedding venue, the wonderful staff there, and Elisabeth to any and everyone!
    Lisa Married on 11/11/2017
    What a wonderful experience! Fawn Lake Country Club greatly exceeded my expectations from start to finish. Elisabeth (my day of coordinator) and Heather communicated well, were sweet and thoughtful, and professional the entire time. Almost every guest at my wedding complimented not only the beautiful location, but the wonderful staff who made my day as perfect as possible. Please, if you're looking to book in Virginia, consider Fawn lake! You will NOT be disappointed!
    Mark Married on 09/24/2017
    Elisabeth and Heather and the staff were awesome. They made our wedding day a huge success and by all reports, very fun! The Fawn Lake CC was beautiful and was everything we could have hoped for.
    Terri Married on 09/03/2017
    I cannot say enough great things about this venue and staff. Last weekend my only daughter said I do. As a single Mother whom lost her mother when she was a child I honestly had NO clue what all went into making a perfect wedding, but with the help of Heather, Elizabeth and the staff at Fawn Lake Country Club they sure did! it turned out to be like a fairytale where all her dreams came true!!!! They made everything so easy. They are professional, communicate well and extremely knowledgeable of their craft! The venue is absolutely beautiful and food is incredible! To all those looking for the perfect place I can assure you this is it!!!!
    Terri Married on 09/03/2017
    Great
    Experience from beginning the end! My Daughters wedding was perfect!!!
    Danielle Married on 06/24/2017
    For me the staff were what made this a great planning experience. Both Elisabeth and Heather were nothing short of AMAZING. Always available, always friendly, and always had solutions. The thing I liked most about Fawn Lake Country Club was that unlike with other venues they never said no. I had an idea or want they were always willing to work with me to find a way to make it happen. The day of the wedding, the staff was amazing and friendly. My guest commented several times how much they like the staff. This venue is in a gated community and the residence were always friendly as well. Every time I went back to the venue I fell in love with it all over again. The lake in the background is beautiful. Several great spots for Pinterest inspired photos as well. The food was delicious too. I definitely recommend them to anyone who wants a wedding venue both they and their guest will remember. 5 stars all around!
    Christina Married on 06/11/2017
    The place is nice and the view is great. I was in love with the food it was so great. Wish I could just drive there anytime and eat.
    Martin Married on 06/11/2017
    An exceptional wedding thanks to the staff and kitchen. The staff were attentive to most every need and the kitchen produced some of the best food I have had at a wedding. Highly recommend this establishment.
    Michelle Married on 11/06/2016
    We absolutely loved having our wedding at Fawn Lake and I can't say enough about how great Elisabeth was as our wedding coordinator! She made the day run so smoothly and even led the rehearsal when our officiant couldn't make it. She answered all my questions really fast inte planning process and was genuinely happy to help. She is amazing and Fawn Lake is amazing!
  • User3307687 2+ years ago
    Elisabeth and the team at Fawn Lake Country Club were absolutely splendid to work with. We got so many comments from the guests on the wedding night that the customer service was awesome and they really made everything go seamlessly. We ran into some hiccups due to weather but Elisabeth made sure everything went perfectly and that the bride/groom did not stress at all and got to enjoy themselves. From the moment we walked in that day to get ready, everyone was continuously checking on us to make sure we were taken care of and got everything we needed. Fawn Lake was extremely accommodating, allowing us to use the space all day to get ready and even letting us drop off things starting Friday night (including desserts!). Oh, and to the most important thing...the food! EVERYONE absolutely loved the food. We got the parmesan crusted chicken, string beans, mashed potatoes and beef brisket and everything was amazing. Even their bread/rolls were good (and warm)! The food tasting we had was great in order to try everything (and we even got to take things home at the tasting and at the day of the wedding) and the Chef worked with us to make some changes that we requested. I've planned a few weddings before (for myself and my friends) and I can definitely say that Fawn Lake was one of the best venues and Elisabeth was one of the best coordinators I worked with. Thank you!
    Christina Married on 10/15/2016
    Elisabeth, the coordinator at fawn lake made all my visions come to life. She went above and beyond to make it a perfect day we will never forget. I still have people talking about my wedding and it's been over a week! I am very thankful for the whole staff there to make the whole day go smoothly.
    Jon Married on 10/15/2016
    Fawn Lake Country Club is the epitome of "You get what you pay for". I'm sure we could have found arrangements at less expensive venues, but the expense was worth it. It is a beautiful facility, with a great staff and kitchen. Elisabeth Cunard was terrific in taking a load off our minds the day of the wedding. The place is beautiful.
    Jessica Married on 10/09/2016
    We couldn't have chosen a better venue! Great place, great food and an excellent staff! The water view and sunset from the lake when on the veranda is so beautiful, you can also view the lakes beauty from the inside. The day before my wedding we had rain and high winds, we were frightened our outdoor wedding would be ruined. The wedding planer Elisabeth was awesome, she already had a plan B in motion! The storm passed, my wedding went on as planned and it was absolutely beautiful! From the set up of the outdoor ceremony to the table settings; each detail of the event was great! If you are looking for a venue with a wonderful staff ( and wedding planner) that works for you, you must see this place, you will not be disappointed!