The Couture Closet Reviews

The Couture Closet 7
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Kutchi · Married on 05/25/2019

Love Love Love Couture Closet

I had an amazing shopping experience at Couture Closet. The staff were extremely flexible with my schedule because I was travelling from out of town. I wore my grandmother's dress during my ceremony, and CC not only helped me find the perfect veil, but also let me try the vintage dress on in the store. I also purchase my second "party" dress at CC and absolutely loved it. My experience was stress-free and I would highly encourage all brides to give them a visit.

Sent on 06/19/2019
    The Couture Closet 9

Paige · Married on 10/27/2018

So personal and lovely

The ladies at Couture Closet are perfect! From choosing my dress to finding me seamstress to steaming it the day before my wedding, they were just so accommodating. After the fourth store, I felt a little discouraged, I couldn't choose between two dresses and they helped me figure out which one without me feeling pressured! They give you so comfortable and at home with them!

Sent on 10/30/2018
  • Kasey

Kasey · Married on 10/13/2018

WOW! Best. Experience. Ever.

Holy crap, Couture Closet is hands down the BEST!!! place to shop for a wedding dress! I had been to two different bridal shops before my appointment with Couture Closet and both couldn not compare with the level of service and the super fun experience that CC offered. The knowledge and variety of plus size gowns that CC had was OUTSTANDING!! I tried on so many wonderful dresses and Lauren and Tera had the perfect understanding of what I was looking for. From the moment I walked into the shop to the moment I left with my dress (and beyond, as they follow up with their brides) I was celebrated and treated with kindness - I always left that shop feeling like a million bucks! I will never stop singing praises for Couture Closet and would highly recommend them to any bride!

Sent on 11/06/2018

The Couture Closet's reply:

Kasey, holy crap.....THIS made our day! Thank you sweet lady. It was a joy to have you as a CC Bride. We appreciate you taking time to share this. Also, we cannot wait to have you modeling for us!!!!! XOXO, CC Gals
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 07/28/2018

Tera at the Couture Closet was so amazing!!! She pulled amazing dresses and was never pushy about finding the one. Although I came to Couture knowing exactly what dress I wanted and it was my first one I tried on.. They carry Hayley Paige and I absolutely fell in love with my dress!! They are so kind at Couture. I could not have asked for a better experience in finding my dream dress. I would HIGHLY recommend you go to Couture! You will never regret that decision.

Sent on 08/30/2018
    The Couture Closet 10

The Couture Closet's reply:

Aw, Anna you are the sweetest!!! Thank you for the kindest words and oh my goodnesssssss.....you were a stunning bride. Appreciate you taking the time sharing your experience. XOXOXO lady and cheers to a wonderful marriage filled with love, laughter, and adventure.

Jennifer · Married on 06/02/2018

I could not have had a better experience shopping for my wedding dress than the one I had with Lauren & Tera at Couture Closet. These two ladies were so incredibly sweet, patient, supportive, and encouraging during my appointment! They took the time to listen to my vision of my dream dress, then found exactly what I was looking for! Lauren & Tera made me feel beautiful in every dress I tried on, and it truly felt like I was shopping with friends. Thank you ladies for making my wedding gown shopping experience so special and memorable!

Sent on 08/30/2018

The Couture Closet's reply:

Thank you so much for this sweet review Jennifer!!!! You were such a joy to work with and we are so happy and honored that we got to be part of your big day! Thanks for sending your pictures they are amazing! Congrats and lots of love!

Miranda · Married on 05/19/2018

Just WOW! These ladies really helped make my dream day possible. I struggled with selecting a dress and had gone to many different stores prior. The attention to detail given to my family and I upon our visit was really what provided us with the BEST shopping experience, which ended up in THE prefect dress. Cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 09/05/2018
    The Couture Closet 11
    The Couture Closet 12
    The Couture Closet 13

The Couture Closet's reply:

Oh Miranda! Thank you so much for your sweet review! You look absolutely stunning! We are honored to be able to play a part in your day and your dress shopping! xoxo, The Couture Closet Gals!

Brandi · Married on 04/28/2018

I had an amazing experience at Couture Closet! Tera was SO helpful, patient, and kind! I found the perfect dress for me and within my budget as well. Couture Closet was such a personal experience for me and one that my mom and closest friends will never forget!

Sent on 06/21/2018

The Couture Closet's reply:

Brandi, oh my word lady.....what sweet words to wake up to! Thank you so much. Your mom showed me your wedding pictures from the BIG DAY and it was sooooo beautiful. Your husbands emotions, you glowing, the setting....all if it was amazing! Appreciate you taking the time out to write this. We know you're busy. Lastly, congrats to you two....cheers to life full of love, laughter, + adventure. XOXOXOXOX

Erin · Married on 04/26/2018

These ladies are amazing. Your experience does not stop when you purchase your dress (or other goodies they have!). You will be taken care of from the time you walk in the door.
    I happened to be traveling through for work and some in the Louisville area mentioned Couture Closet. I stopped on a whim and found my dress. It was painless, fast, and simple - that said, if you're one to take your time, have a whole mob of friends/family with you, they welcome that to! They're so flexible.
    My dress and hair bling were the least of my wedding plan worries! Worth the drive if you're close enough. Thanks CC!

Sent on 05/03/2018

The Couture Closet's reply:

Thank you so much Erin! You are just the sweetest and we LOVED that you popped in on a whim! Your dress was just perfect for you!!! Looking forward to seeing all the pictures soon. Keep in touch lady!
    xoxo, The Couture Closet Gals!

P.S. I had to edit that I just saw ALL THE PICTURES and we are just IN LOVEEEEE!!!! You two are just the sweetest ever!

KATIE · Married on 12/30/2017

We were in love from the moment myself and my bridal party walked in the door. I didn't expect to find THE dress on my first outing, but their selection was amazing and the last dress was the ONE! It took a week or two longer than expected to get my dress in, but it was perfect and the ladies were very communicative. They offer great gifts and a list of suggested/recommended seamstresses. We loved our trips to The Couture Closet!!

Sent on 01/26/2018
    The Couture Closet 14
    The Couture Closet 15
    The Couture Closet 16

The Couture Closet's reply:

AWWWW! Katie!!! Thank you so much for your sweet review! And we LOVE LOVE the pictures!!! You are just the sweetest and we would LOVE to post pictures of you on our Insta and blog if you want to send us your love story as well more pictures and a list of your vendors! We feel so honored to have played a part in your day! XOXO!

Maria · Married on 12/16/2017

I would 100% recommend visiting Couture Closet in your search for your wedding dress. The owners are incredibly professional and my experience trying on dresses at Couture Closet exceeded every other location I visited. Lauren and Tera are incredibly friendly and really listened to me when I articulated my vision for my wedding dress. They also have a very talented eye (I combined a dress and a skirt for my wedding dress and they actually came up with the idea and found the different pieces). They are not pushy - they give you space when you are deciding on a dress and respect your decisions or opinions about dresses, even if they are negative. They also offer extremely reasonable prices, which allowed me to get my dream dress in budget! I also ended up buying earrings, a belt, and my veil from them as well. They offer a wide variety of options, that will be sure to please any bride! Tera and Lauren are incredibly easy to work with. They are responsive and made sure to contact me when any of my items were delivered. Additionally, the provided me with recommendations for a seamstress (Melissa Luther) who did an amazing job and was also economically priced. I would definitely recommend using her for alterations. She was extremely accommodating and did a wonderful job. Plus, she is fun to work with! I was an out-of-town bride and I never felt stressed about my dress & alterations, in large part due to the efforts of Tera, Lauren, and Melissa.

Sent on 04/20/2018

The Couture Closet's reply:

Oh Maria, thank you sooo much for the sweet review. Means a lot! You were such a joy to work with. You looked absolutely beautiful on your wedding day....we are loving those pictures!!! We will pass on the words to Melissa too! XOXOX

Rachel · Married on 12/02/2017

I couldn't have been happier with my experience here. The ladies make you feel comfortable and help you make a decision without being too pushy. They have a beautiful selection of dresses at different prices. And I loved my dress!

Sent on 01/22/2018

The Couture Closet's reply:

Oh Rachel, thanks so much for the sweet words. You have no idea how grateful we are for you taking the time this and share your experience. It TRULY is the greatest to have you as part of our Couture Closet family. XOXOX

janis · Married on 09/30/2017

This is a Simply Amazing Place !

Sent on 01/01/2018

The Couture Closet's reply:

Well, thank ya lady! What a nice way to start the NEW YEAR reading this. XOXOXO, CC Gals

Mary Kate · Married on 08/05/2017

The atmosphere at this bridal shop is amazing. They treat you like an individual and not as just another person. They are friendly and even called when an accessory show was going to be in town. We love the girls here!

Sent on 09/13/2017

The Couture Closet's reply:

Mary Kate! Thank you so much for your sweet review! We hope your wedding was fabulous and we can't WAIT to see pictures soon!
    xoxo, The Couture Closet Gals

Alexis · Married on 07/01/2017

I found my perfect dress at my very first fitting. What made it even better was that you ended up falling in love with a tack sale item so it was more than 50% off. I could not have had a better experience! I'm a proud CCBride!

Sent on 09/13/2017

The Couture Closet's reply:

Oh Alexis, you are such a sweetheart. I had a blast working with you, you made me smile numerous times. You have a heart of gold, great humor, and love that you are so real and fun. Thank you for the kind words. We are so happy you were a "CC Bride" and forever part of our family. XO

Liz · Married on 07/01/2017

I had to most amazing experience at Couture closet from beginning to end! I would highly recommend them to any bride! My group and I were greeted with the sweetest snacks and drinks as we first walked in at the initial consultation, and then every single dress in the store was beautiful, unique, currently in style, and perfect for any taste. I found my perfect dress and had so much fun doing it! All of the ladies were so sweet and helpful. They also offered free steaming the week of the wedding, and made it so easy for me to have my dress looking perfect for my perfect day! Finally, I got my dress on sample sale and saved a ton of money!

Sent on 10/22/2017
    The Couture Closet 17
    The Couture Closet 18

The Couture Closet's reply:

Aw, Liz...thank you for taking the time to write this....it really means the world to us! What a stunning bride you were. You truly rocked that Astrid & Mercedes dress! Thank you for being a #CCBride. XOXO, Tera & Lauren

Heather · Married on 06/30/2017

Super cute store and a great experience overall! Great selection of dresses and loved working with Tara.

Sent on 06/20/2017

The Couture Closet's reply:

Aw, thanks Heather! Seriously.....how do we have the sweetest brides?!?!! It means a lot to take a moment out to tell us about your experience. Made our day. XOXO you soon to be Mrs.

Allison · Married on 06/10/2017

The ladies at Couture Closet were absolutely wonderful. Brooke was my consultant, and she was very attentive and patient with me. I had already tried on quite a few dresses before I came to CC and was strongly leaning towards a dress from another store. But Brooke gave me all the time I needed to think through my options. The dress I chose was not at all what I was expecting to wear as my wedding dress but it was absolutely perfect! When my dress came in, I made another appointment to me try it on, and Lauren helped me pick out jewelry. CC has their own alterations, Melissa, who is VERY good. She did a fabulous job and made my dress fit like a glove. There was one spot on the bodice that needed an extra flower appliqué, and Melissa was able to take one from the hem and add it to the top flawlessly. I can't thank the ladies at CC enough!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Hannah · Married on 05/20/2017

I was not surprised at all when I found my dream dress at Couture Closet! First of all LaGrange, KY is so quaint and charming. When you walk inside the store you feel like you're in a little piece of heaven because the store is so beautiful and peaceful and the ladies who work there are so unbelievably sweet. Tara was extremely nice, helpful, and so fun to try on dresses with. She asked me a few questions and watched while I chose dresses to try on and she quickly learned my style and the look I was going for and had quite a few great recommendations herself. The selection of dresses and accessories at Couture Closet was absolutely amazing! Their selection was much better than stores I shopped at in bigger cities including Lexington, Louisville, and the Cincinnati region. Once we bought the dress they were wonderful about keeping me updated with shipping dates. They also have an AMAZING seamstress, Melissa, that they work with. Melissa made my dress fit me like a glove and I felt so beautiful in it. The dress I chose had quite an intricate lace pattern. I have no idea how Melissa altered it and matched up the lace design, but she did and you would have never known the dress had been changed from the original at all! I would 100% recommend shopping at Couture Closet for you wedding dress and accessories. You walk in and instantly feel like you've known the girls who work their your whole life and they make you feel so special and beautiful!

Sent on 06/11/2017

The Couture Closet's reply:

Oh Hannah, you seriously just made our day! Thank you so much for the super sweet words and sharing your experience. It means soooooo much to us. Truly. You warmed our hearts and thank you for being so awesome and a CC Bride. XO, T & L

Holly · Married on 05/19/2017

Words cannot even express how wonderful Couture Closet is :) Lauren and Tera are the sweetest ladies ever and made me feel like an absolutely princess throughout the entire dress shopping experience. Originally, Tera helped me find my dress and completely nailed my vision of a fairytale dress! I got a two piece dress and NEVER would have thought to do that without her expertise :) Tera also found the most beautiful accessories for me and at a later visit, Lauren found the perfect belt for my dress! I was a very indecisive bride and both ladies helped me feel confident in my selection multiple times! I cant recommend Couture Closet enough...the selection of dresses is exquisite and the southern charm is to die for :) Every future bride should shop here!!

Sent on 06/16/2017

The Couture Closet's reply:

Holly - YOU are definitely a perfect example of why we LOVE what we do! Being just a little part of your BIG DAY....we are so grateful. We loved seeing you coming in even during alterations, and every time you had the biggest smile and so kind. We are so happy for you and your hubby. Thank you for being a "CC Bride" XOXO

Sana · Married on 04/08/2017

Tera and Lauren made my wedding dress shopping experience so pleasant! The showed an interest in me and really cared to help me find my dress. I had been to another bridal shop in town and the professionalism, friendliness, and overall customer service at Couture Closet was far superior than what I experienced at the other shop. Tera and Lauren helped me pick a vail and they also offered to steam my dress before the wedding. If you live in Louisville and like I was at first, are hesitant to make the drive to Lagrange, don't! Just make the trip and I promise you won't be disappointed. - Sana A.S.

Sent on 07/09/2017

The Couture Closet's reply:

Sana- Girl, you are so darn sweet. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We had such a great time helping you. You're a beautiful person inside and out. Thanks for being a "CC Bride" and you are always part of the CC family. XO
  • Ashlea

Ashlea · Married on 10/22/2016

Couture Closet is a bride's dream come true. They have the most beautiful selection of dresses, and everyone that works there is so kind and helpful. At my first appointment there, they made me feel so special; they served us treats & drinks, and they helped me to find exactly what I was looking for. At every appointment after that, I felt right at home. Lauren even went out of her way to bring home my hairpiece that I had bought at a trunk show, because her house in Louisville was closer to me than the shop out in La Grange, so that just shows how sweet these ladies are. I wouldn't go anywhere other than Couture Closet. They are the best!

Sent on 12/13/2016

The Couture Closet's reply:

Ashlea thank you for the sweet review! You made us blush! We are so glad you had a great experience and we are thrilled you are a CC Bride, just like you sister!! Let us know if you need anything in the future, and send us those wedding pictures!!!!! :)
    xoxoxo,
    The Couture Closet Gals!

Samantha · Married on 09/10/2016

The Couture Closet is honestly the best place to buy a wedding dress! I was kind of worried because of how small the shop was so I was sure I would never find my dress there. Boy was I wrong! First of all, since it is a small, locally run shop they make sure to give you plenty of attention. They have separate spaces in the front and back so it feels like you are the only bride in the store. The dress selection is amazing! Don't ever let the size of the store fool you. They have everything and they make sure it is the best of the best. I had a hard time picking a dress because they were all amazing. Plus, they were really affordable too! An even better plus is the wonderful lady they have that does alterations. She loves a challenge and really knows how to put together your vision. The lovely ladies of Couture Closet will literally become your best friends! They read my personality and found me the perfect dress, veil and accessories!

Sent on 12/25/2016

The Couture Closet's reply:

Samantha- Seriously, you are too sweet. You made us smile so big. Thank you for the thoughtful words and taking time to do this, we truly appreciate it. Yet, another reason we love doing what we do. Thanks for making OUR day. XO, CC Gals

Amazing experience with them! for being a smaller boutique there was plenty of variety at a reasonable price.

Sent on 10/12/2015

The Couture Closet's reply:

Thanks so much for taking your time out to help spread the word about your experience....it means so much to us. Many blessings to you!
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 08/06/2016

The ladies at The Couture Closet are so wonderful to work with. They make your dress shopping experience exciting and stress free. This was the first place I looked at dresses and Tera pulled out what would become the dress of my dreams. I was so happy to say yes to the dress at CC!

Sent on 11/03/2015

The Couture Closet's reply:

Oh my heart Emily.....makes me so happy I could be a part of this day. Never did I think growing up I would get the chance to dress my sisters for their big day. What a feeling it is....to be able to see you too, marry such a great man. Love you to the moon sis! XO