The Cool Springs House Reviews

The Cool Springs House 7
  • Amanda

Amanda Tressel · Married on 08/10/2019

Beautiful Southern House

This venue was gorgeous! We had so many different options for pictures both inside and outside the house. Ended up being an extremely hot/humid day but we set up tables and chairs inside the house as well to cool down. We rented the house for our rehearsal dinner as well; would have been impossible setting everything up in time if we hadn't. Abby was our City of Brentwood contact and she was great with keeping in contact and and making the contracts easy to navigate. Great price for a beautiful wedding venue!!

Sent on 08/19/2019
  • Martina

Martina Formosa · Married on 07/20/2019

More than Expected!

I am beyond happy with this venue. It is so beautiful itself, that we barely needed decor. The property is so well kept and clean. They really have it together and know how to cater to weddings and big groups. Everything we needed was supplied. We used their vendor list for tents, etc, and it was beyond beautiful! I am literally lost for words. We picked this venue because of our budget and ended up getting way more!!!

Sent on 08/12/2019
    The Cool Springs House 19
    The Cool Springs House 20
    The Cool Springs House 21

Rachel · Married on 04/14/2018

We loved our wedding at the Cool Springs House! If you're looking for a DIY venue for a guest list on the shorter side, this is your place. It's a beautiful house with beautiful grounds with lots of history and charm. Although it did rain on our wedding day and we had to do the ceremony under our tents, we were able to hold the reception inside and it was the perfect size for our 65 guests to move about comfortably. I do think, though, that any more than that and we may have felt a little cramped. Abby is a great venue manager and super responsive and helpful. She responds to emails very quickly and will send you payment/forms reminders before they're due so you won't forget and fall behind on what is supposed to be turned in and paid for. I do wish there were maybe a few more things provided such as more chairs/tables and maybe a thick runner for the aisle in case of rain or wet ground, but otherwise it's great. The bridal suite upstairs is beautiful and spacious for getting ready. It has it's own bathroom and mirrors/vanities, lighting, couch/chairs, and furniture for a comfortable day. When you rent the venue, you are allowed in by 8:30am and can use it up through 11pm. We rented it the day before as well for decorating, preparation, and the rehearsal, which is something i would suggest anyone do. Like I said, it is very DIY, so you pretty much have to provide almost everything, but you can use literally any vendor you want, which is nice. I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 04/23/2018
    The Cool Springs House 22
    The Cool Springs House 23

Ashley · Married on 02/22/2018

Abby was an absolute dream to work with. I didn't have a lot of time to plan (2 months) and The Cool Springs House was perfect for us. We wanted a venue that was perfectly charming and sized right for an intimate ceremony. The space is rich with textures and the Bridal Suite is so beautifully inviting. I could've easily spent hours up there. This space is a canvas to bring your wedding dreams to life. I would recommend this venue to any brides looking for something special and unique.

Sent on 05/10/2018

Shandi · Married on 06/04/2016

Loved this venue. It was one of the few that we could afford on a smaller budget. The setting was gorgeous and we were able to have the rehearsal there as well. We had the ceremony on the lawn, the cocktail hour in the house and the reception under the tent on the back patio/lawn area. Amanda Bledsoe at the City of Brentwood was super nice and really easy to work with.

Sent on 07/31/2016

This house is absolutely beautiful inside and out. We had our ceremony in front of the barn and it was certainly a view to remember. There is room for a tent on the lawn and the front porch is perfect for photos. My bridesmaids and I used the upstairs room to get ready and it was great with comfy chairs and lots of space for all of us. We loved this place and it's very affordable.

Sent on 06/06/2014

Chelsea · Married on 05/18/2014

Cool Springs House was the perfect place for my wedding, and Amanda was so helpful and loving!! She had great advice and was so sweet. I loved this location and think it is a steal for what it is.

Sent on 06/06/2014

Amie · Married on 10/08/2011

The Cool Springs House is a beautiful venue at a reasonable price. It's rented out by the City of Brentwood and they were so nice and easy to work with. I know I probably bugged the lady calling with lots of questions, but she was always friendly. It does provide room for an indoor ceremony of around 50 people if needed, but no dancing is allowed inside the house. We were allowed a 1 hour rehearsal outside at no extra charge. We rented an event shelter, also in Crockett Park, for $50 and had the rehearsal dinner there. I was very please with this venue.

Sent on 10/12/2011

Sierra · Married on 06/12/2011

I am so thankful we found The Cool Springs House! It was the perfect outdoor/indoor location for our ceremony and reception! We loved the historic aspect of the location, plus it is simply beautiful! The price was very very affordable and great for a venue in Williamson County! Peggy, is your point of contact when you rent the venue and she was very helpful and quick to respond to all questions!

Sent on 06/22/2011

Tara · Married on 07/31/2004

We had our wedding reception here, and it was like something out of a fairy tale. The house is extremely cute and a great value!

Sent on 05/18/2008

Anna Gruszkiewicz · Married on 07/26/2019

Great Location!

The Cool Springs House was a great venue for our wedding! Both the grounds and the house itself were gorgeous and looked great in photos. We really liked having use of a kitchen and bridal suite. And you really can't beat the price in the Nashville area. Unlike a lot of the other venues we looked at, they don't require you to use specific vendors which saved us a lot of money and allowed us to use who we really wanted. Overall great experience!

Sent on 08/18/2019

Ashley · Married on 03/12/2016

This is a GORGEOUS venue and super cheap for the area! They have a huge parking lot out back for all of your guests and lots of roaming around room. We can't wait to have our wedding here in a few weeks!

Sent on 02/18/2016
  • User3901971 · 2+ years ago

3.5

We rented this quaint house with the idea of putting up a large marquee in the land behind, which worked out beautifully.

Sent on 02/13/2014

Ashlyn Rodgers · Married on 09/14/2019

Wedding/parking issues

Great little space, the bridal suite and groomsmen room was perfect to get ready in on property. Perfect setting inside for pictures. Convenient area, picked this property mostly because of the cute walkway path leading from the back of the house but didnt get to use it due to a huge tournament that was told about a few days before. Last minute issues with the parking. I get it's a public park on a Saturday, but would have been nice to have known about said tournament more than just a few days before. I mean I even had this place booked for a year! So if you do book your wedding here, make sure to get to know the calendar of events there or else your guest will end up getting charged for a whole other event to park for your wedding.

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Ellie

Ellie Morell · Married on 07/27/2019

Beautiful views and price tag!

The Cool Springs House was absolutely perfect for our casual outdoor wedding! The staff was always prompt to reply to my many questions and even let me tour a couple different times. Overall, great experience, great price tag for a beautiful and versatile venue.

Sent on 08/05/2019

Very affordable Venue. We were able to have a beautiful outdoor wedding. It is really awesome to have the whole property for your event. Also, the watercolor painting we received was gorgeous.

Sent on 09/16/2014
  • F

Samantha · Married on 05/01/2011

3.5

Peggy Plummer, the city of Brentwood employee that's in charge of the house is great. She's super friendly and always responds to every little question and concern. Anytime I began to freak over the smallest details, she always responded and had the appropriate answer. If you're looking for somewhere cute, affordable, and simple, this is definitely your place. The house is nice and very historic, if that's the feel you're going for, and provides a good (yet cramped) alternative for purchasing a tent if it rains (which it did for us, unfortunately). The down sides are that there is no dancing allowed in the house, and the only way to have alcohol is if you have a licensed bartender there to serve drinks by the glass. You have to have an open bar, as they don't allow you to "sell' drinks, but if you have that type of money, go for it. We chose this venue because it's super affordable and you get back about 1/3 of the cost because it's a "cleaning deposit." It's located in a public park so be careful of the day/time of year you chose because you might get tornado sirens, screaming baseball fans, or rowdy school kids. Other than the rain, our day went amazingly!

Sent on 05/09/2011

melinda · Married on 10/02/2010

2.0

well, If i had written this before the wedding, i would have given it 5.0... however, after not being able to get my damage deposit back, i'm a little miffed, mainly because all of my vendors swear that they left it spotless. but still, minus the damage deposit, it still saved me LOTS of money. It is a perfect location for a garden party... the yard is beautiful (especially in fall).... it has plenty of parking, and a great little house to entertain in. The have a lot of restrictions, but considering that it is a part of the Brentwood City Parks system, its not so bad. Great place for photos, too. Even though i lost my deposit, i would recommend this place even if you are not too budget concerned.

Sent on 10/19/2010

Jeremy · Married on 09/28/2008

4.2

Great value for the money

Sent on 12/13/2008

3.8
      3.0

This venue is a great value. The communication could be better. We had an issue with the venue sending 1/2 of their tables to the other location also owned by the City of Brentwood. So at the last moment I had to rent additional tables. For the money the venue can not be beat! However, you do have to rent a tent, etc
    for some outside coverage. Amanda was very good to work with, but is in the office 1/2 of the time. I think the City of Brentwood could put a little $ in this venue to make it over the top! needs a bit of lipstick inside but overall it is a bargain!

Sent on 10/17/2014

Kaylah · Married on 06/11/2011

3.8
      3.0

I loved the Cool Springs House and the price point is excellent! I spent about $600 to have it all day Friday and all day Saturday. The only downfall is that you have to pick up the keys and drop them off down at the city office. Also, I had a large palate that I had painted for my ceremony and left on Friday night, and the trash people drug it to the dumpster Friday night, so I didn't have it for my wedding. For the price, this venue is wonderful.

Sent on 01/29/2012

Tess · Married on 09/28/2008

3.6
      2.5

This was a really great venue. Especially for the money. Beautiful on the inside, with a conveniently huge kitchen, and big areas outside, where we could have a tent.

Sent on 10/16/2008

Ashley Day · Married on 10/27/2018

3.6

Pretty house

The venue is pretty and great for an intimate wedding. The venue provides 50 chairs and some tables, so you have to rent more if you have more than that. We also rented a tent and heaters for the reception because it ended up being cold and rainy. All rentals are separate from the venue. It’s nice that you can use any vendors you like and they have no required vendors. It’s a pretty hands off venue and you have to do most things yourself for a bigger wedding.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Crystal · Married on 10/18/2008

2.0
      3.0

Beautiful house and location! Absolutely charming little farmhouse with gorgeous old barn - I knew that I wanted to get married there as soon as I saw it! I am delaying to give full review and rating until we see how some issues are resolved with management - I will update this review as soon as things are resolved!

Crystal

Sent on 10/29/2008

Megan · Married on 07/25/2008

2.8
      0.5
      2.5

Price was phenomenal, saved thousands of dollars. The city rents the facility and is rather rigid on the contract rules. The lady who we dealt with was not understanding with other vendors and when they needed to be there. She did not seem to understand or care about our situation with getting the rentals out. Most rental companies pick up the next day - we were unable to allow the rental company to pick up their property the following day because we did not rent both days. Although it would have been a 15 minute pick up, it was not allowed by the city. For the price though, it was certainly worth it! The rental included the entire property and a huge parking lot. The location of our wedding was a hit!! We received so many comments about how beautiful it was, not to mention the history in the house. Highly recommended venue, very unique and versatile!!!

Sent on 08/16/2008