The Common Man Offsite Event Catering Reviews

The Common Man Offsite Event Catering 3
The Common Man Offsite Event Catering 4
  • Laura

Laura Loowho · Married on 08/10/2019

Food Compliments stillllllll rolling in!

My Fiance and I are pretty "vanilla" eaters. We wanted our wedding food to be food we enjoyed but also knew we needed to do better than bar b que or chicken tenders and fries:) We reached out to the Common Man as we love dining at their restaurants and diners and the food quality is always amazing and consistent. We chose to go with buffet and Kali was wonderful about altering the menu offerings to suit what we wanted.
    The catering package came with dessert and since we were having wedding cake-we utilized our desserts as favors for our guests to take on their bus ride back to the hotel...it was amazing!
    We had so many compliments on the food and the fact that we had continuous food throughout the reception.
    The common man was accommodating and helpful every step of the way and the food quality was worth every penny!

Sent on 09/01/2019

Amy · Married on 09/16/2018

Trish and the team at the Common Man Concord were fantastic - I can't speak highly enough about them. We used an offsite venue and hired them for a plated dinner for our wedding reception. From the initial consultations, to the multiple questions we had leading up to the wedding day, to the event itself, Trish and Alicia were responsive, patient, flexible. They guided us with advice regarding the number of apps to get, which foods help up best, and how to best arrange timing. Very reasonable prices (we did short rib and chicken) and felt good to give exposure to a good NH company. On the day of the wedding, they were timely and professional - all the guests raved about the food and the presentation. We did a mix of passed and stationary apps, as well as the dinner and dessert. The team boxed up dinner and dessert since we didn't end up sitting for dinner, and took care of us the whole night.

Sent on 10/14/2018

Sarah · Married on 09/08/2018

We worked very closely with Trish and her staff. We were so excited to have them come out and absolutely enjoyed having them be a part of our day. The food was raved about and the ice cream sundae bar was a definite hit. Everyone was super professional and even made sure we ate something and offered to make me a sundae while I was running around talking to everyone!!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Kristle · Married on 09/08/2018

Excellent Caterer

Common Man did an excellent job with offsite catering for our wedding at The Preserve at Chocorua. Kali was very helpful and responsive throughout the process. The group tasting was a fun event, and we enjoyed chatting with other couples while trying the food. On the wedding day, they seamlessly rolled out cocktail hour, the buffet meal, and our late night snacks without a hitch. Everyone raved about the food. Also, the bartenders and servers did an excellent job. Thank you Common Man!

Sent on 12/17/2018
    The Common Man Offsite Event Catering 5
    The Common Man Offsite Event Catering 6
    The Common Man Offsite Event Catering 7
    The Common Man Offsite Event Catering 8

Amy · Married on 09/02/2018

Perfect Food & Service

We were familiar with the Common Man due to their popularity throughout NH. When our planner recommended them, it required minimal thought on our end. The Common Man was great to deal with throughout the planning process and provided timely, detailed input on their menu including recommendations for different items.

We ended up hiring The Common Man for our welcome dinner as well, and we were thoroughly pleased with all the food they served throughout our wedding weekend. Many of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed the food and how professional/friendly the staff was.

We would highly recommend The Common Man for your wedding. Their food is delicious, service is professional and they have so many options for a wide range of preferences/dietary restrictions.

Sent on 03/18/2019

Chelsy · Married on 08/26/2017

Two and a half weeks before our wedding my husband and I ran into some issues with our caterer and we ended up not using her. Our wedding planner reached out to Common Man and not only were they able to pull together and cater our wedding at this super short notice they matched our previously selected passed app and plated dinner menu. The service was amazing, the staff was so friendly, and the food was amazing. Our guests absolutely raved about the food at our wedding. We were so impressed by Common Man and cannot thank them enough for pinch hitting at our wedding!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Carrie · Married on 09/24/2016

The Common Man catered our wedding event in Sugar Hill, NH on 9/24/16 and I am so glad we hired them! We worked with Kali in the months leading up to the event and she was SO thorough and helpful to us. We had four staff members at our event: an event manager, bartender, and two servers. They were all very polite and focused on pleasing our guests. Our venue was quite unique and they were very flexible with the space. We went with a buffet style meal with three entrees (a red meat, stuffed pork, and stuffed sole). People have raved about our food. The servers also actively helped keep our tables clean of leftovers and empty drinks all night. Thank you, Common Man for helping to make our event great!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Tara · Married on 06/04/2016

Choosing the Common Man to cater our offsite wedding (we got married at Bishop Farm in Lisbon, NH) was one of the best decisions we made and our guests still talk about how amazing the food was at our wedding. We had a selection of pass hors d'oeuvres and BBQ buffet, and the food was delicious, just as it was when we tried it first at the Fosters Boiler Room, and we had more than enough for all of our guests. Everything was exceptional - Kali, who helped us from day one with planning, responded to all my emails so quickly and was so patient and flexible with us even when we kept making small changes to the menu. This went such a long way because food is such an important part of your wedding, and having people who not only know what they are doing, but are dedicated to provide the best possible service, makes the planning and the day of stress-free and seamless. From start to finish, the service was impeccable, the food outstanding, and they truly helped make our wedding day unforgettable. Thank you!

Sent on 07/12/2016

WOW! Just, wow!!! We loved The Common Man before, and now we love it even more! We cannot begin to explain how easy it was to work with them. They were accommodating of making adjustments, even going to the point of making gluten free - vegan meals for a few of our guests, how awesome is that?! The food was amazing, the staff that was on site during the wedding were extremely professional and save me (the bride) some of the appetizers since I was busy doing photos. Even packed up my half eaten meal for me to finish later. The pricing was great as well!!! We were able to pick up the linens the day before for our DIY wedding & were able to do subrentals for plates & silverware through them as well!

Sent on 11/06/2015

Rachael · Married on 10/19/2013

Corrie was great right from the start - planning, suggestions, quality of professionalism - everything was just fabulous!

Sent on 12/27/2013

This was an excellent event. I was very pleased with the food. The only issue we had was sometimes it was challenging to get service for a drink.

Sent on 02/05/2014

Allison · Married on 08/19/2017

We hired the common man / Timber Hill Catering for our wedding in August. The menu was fantastic and they executed a truly phenomenal meal at a new barn venue with no kitchen and only power and potable water hookups.
    We had a disappointing experience at the tasting (didn't taste anything on the "Timber Hill" menu and food was overcooked, etc) but after this was made known to the managers and executive chef, they held a second tasting for us with specific menu items for our wedding that was executed well. The wedding event itself had SPECTACULAR food. I wish I had more time to eat it, but every bite I had was perfect and my guests truly enjoyed the food. It was the kind of food you'd be excited to go out and pay for at a fancy restaurant, not subpar-catered-for-130-wedding food.
    THANKS TEAM!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Leah · Married on 06/10/2017

3.5
      3.5

We hired The Common Man for our wedding on June 10, 2017. We knew exactly what we wanted to serve at our wedding and approached them with a very specific menu. They were perfectly happy for us to choose items that were not on their standard menu, but it took some negotiation to agree on portions/prices for what we wanted. This was stressful. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, the catering manager was out of the office most weekdays, making communication delayed. We needed to make a final payment over the phone, but she was out of the office until we left on Wednesday for our venue. We communicated via email that I would call with the final payment. Setting up for the wedding got crazy and I forgot to call, but also never received a call or email from her until Friday at 3:20 (90 minutes before the rehearsal) that if I didn't call to pay today, they would not be showing up for the wedding tomorrow. While I understand that the onus was on me to make the call, I think 5-stars for professionalism would have been them calling me on Thursday as a courtesy so that I wasn't making phone calls while getting dressed for my rehearsal.
    The food that we ordered off their menu was fantastic. They know their staples and they do them well. However, we had a couple of items that are not on their standard menu and I was disappointed with those dishes. Definitely stick to their menu.
    After their staff cleaned up, they just threw away all the extra food. There was nothing left at the end of the night for myself or my husband to eat. Our families had brought tupperware to bring home extra food (that we paid for) and we were extremely disappointed to hear that it all went in the garbage.

Overall: The Common Man was fine. I would probably use them again, but would definitely stick to their menu, taste everything first, and be very clear about what to do with leftovers.

Sent on 07/26/2017

Richard · Married on 10/10/2015

1.8
      0.5
      2.0
      1.0

Had the Common Man catering for our anniversary. The food was good but the Sales person (Kristie Edmunds) was the worst person I've ever worked with. Offsite catering and they were not prepared. They had the staff and the food was good but didn't have the right number of tablecloths, very last minute arrival for delivery. Never told us they were stopping the service, just took it away. When I asked "Where is the rest of the food" I was told "We threw it away". That was a complete lie, I had not finished eating and very upset. Luckly all our guest had finished so at least I didn't have to hear from friends and family they went away hungry. At least 40% of the food (we had paid for) was taken back and I'm guessing taken home by the staff for them to enjoy on my dime. After all this I contacted management. Kristie Edmunds keep giving me the run around and ended up having to go to the GM. They sent me a $100 gift certificate. What an insult, you take a $6K payment, pull all your monkey business and never apologize for letting the Host and Hostess of the gathering go home hungry. Very poor job

Sent on 04/19/2018